Womens Running

10K Thursday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

spike - the boobs aren't bouncy once I strap them down.  I wear a Lulu Tata Tamer and a Nike sports bra so I feel pretty bullet proof when I'm running.  Its taken some time to get used to the feeling since this was basically a non-issue before.  I have the straps crossed in the back on the Lulu since I have fairly narrow shoulders but I feel like Houdini getting in and out of the thing

strollermama

spike - I was running with a friend but just discovered she runs 1-2 min/mi slower than my slow pace and it hurts my knees when I run at a really slow pace.  So unfortunately I don't think I would run with her.

I did just sign up for a contest giving away free entries so maybe I will win, haha.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

spike - Hope you get to do a family bike ride.  Do you have a trailer for R?

superspike113

Honorary Old

Strollermam- I have a Chariot, so it is interchangeable between bike and stroller- its awesome!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

Spike - Family bike ride sounds like good, dorky fun! Oops on the open windows and sun roof. Good thing it didn't rain! (or I'm assuming it didn't)

CA - Nice sleeping and pincer grip from O! S had the worst fine motor skills until she was nearly a year old - it was like big ham hands slapping away at her Cheerios trying to pick them up. Something definitely went wrong with your store's produce delivery! Sometimes our grocery store looks like that the morning after a statutory holiday. Are you planning to wear the arm warmers for your race? Seems like it will be warm enough for the t-shirt on its own - although the arm warmers will make you faster Wink!

Stroller - Ooh, tough call on the race. You definitely don't want to trash your legs a week before your fm. Personally, there is no way I would be able to run 10 miles with my stroller fast enough to make my legs sore, but you are much more accomplished with the stroller. Aw, toddlers and babies dressed in sports gear is the cutest!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - LOL I'd be snickering at daycare lady also... I hope the chicken turns out.

cx2 - too bad on the achy knees, +1 on new shoes? I feel like I'm going to be totally lost in everything at work when I go back, I hardly remember what I did...

Jen - UGH on DH!!! That sounds so frustrating. I hardly have time for showers lately, between M and O it's hard to find time when they are both occupied or sleeping. We only have snow left in shady spots, the path the RP and I ran on last night isn't cleard and so in some shady

spots the snow that had been packed down all winter into ice was still there, and icy and slushy. There is a section of my race on Sunday that might also be a bit icy. The recipe is on FB in the recipes file.

dexy - nice work on the early morning run. I have no shortage of running clothes, I'm cheap in so many ways but can't stop buying running gear Smile

mer - you're doing great if you're just slowing down now! Crazy on the dream! My RP's SIL had twins and actually in real life woke up in the middle of the night to a baby foot coming out of her!!

ernie - my rp is a bit slower also, but we enjoy running together that I can't imagine not running with her. LOL on the arm warmers, I'm imagining it being closer to 0 in the morning when I'm racing so I might actually need them for warmth not just speed. My kids like to work on fine motor skills, but not gross, fine is better for eating with so they have good motivation Smile

mzm - wow on the teething! Nice that he didn't teeth too bad to get them. My DD would love running clothes, They don't really make them in toddler sizes though.

arm - My DD has always done alright on planes, stickers, food, playdough, those are my best ideas. Also let him run in the airport to get tired out.

moxie - that sounds like a fun run with DH! now that my MIL is back home my DH and I should get to do some runs together.

Bermy - bottle up that energy! Good plan to move corals, you'll be sub 4:00 for sure I say.

stroller - I was always going to run the race, it was just a matter of whether I was going to 'race' it. I think I will. The high on Sunday is 59F, it will most likely be close to freezing when it starts.

spike - M always want to play with my keys but always presses the panic button. A family bike sounds fun! I'll probably just buy it in a store, online is a PITA in Canada bc shipping is so much more.

RG - nice job on the 10!! We need to spend some time outside today, it's going to be beautiful! I hope he cheers up after his nap!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

mrszackmorris

car: nike tempos in toddler sizes. that's what m is getting. Smile

Erniegirl

rg - It was chilly here first thing this morning, too. I usually prefer running in the morning, but today I'm happy to be running later since it's warming up as the day goes on. Sorry DS and DH are both being pains today. Hopefully DS cheers up after his nap and you can have a good afternoon outside!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

back for personals~

zorbs- hope the 10K went well today! eek, so close to race day. do you have your race outfit picked out already? sometimes it makes me feel happy to know R isn't bad just for me. maybe it's the full moon?

Cx2- new shoes maybe? i always know if my knees/shins start aching it's time to buy new shoes. lol on C eating her veggies but not chicken. R wont' touch chicken, but he goes crazy for ham, pork, and certain kinds of beef. good luck with the work projects! and hey, indulge in the candy- aren't you trying to keep a few lbs on? Wink

Jen- boo for that guy not showing up!!! I let R play in the bathroom while i shower too, he's really good. glad that J was good for you last night, R was majorly whiny today too. hugs again on the DH stuff, that sucks.

Dexy- nice job on getting out early. i can't wait until R is a bit older/sleeps later so i can run early before anyone wakes up. sounds like new running gear is definitely in order, have fun shopping! i love my nike tempo track shorts.

Mer- hope you have a great 4 today! yay for J being good last night, and having a good dr appt, sounds like he's growing well. yay for a day w/ gma, i bet he loves it! lol on the alien baby dreams! oooh Grey's night- can't wait!!!! i'm just getting caught up with everything on Netflix now- i'm seriously beyond hooked. guess that's one perk of DH working nights, i can watch whatever i want to on TV afer R goes to bed! yay for comfy pants- enjoy them!

Ernie-lol on the shampoo. when i was filling the tub for R's bath the other night, he ran in grabbed a cup that i use to rinse him, filled it w/ water and proceeded to charge into his room and dump it on the carpet! doh! hope you have a great run and ab workout today! whoa, what a crazy day yesterday, hope today is much better!

mrszm- enjoy the RD's! which relay are you running? i did a 50-mile relay around one of the lakes out here, it was gorgeous and soooo much fun! cute about DD and the sweaty bands!!! ah, the metldowns, sigh. wish i could metdown when i miss snack time. omg, your SIL's kid sounds awful! yikes.

arm- glad you got to play tennis last night!!! are you racing this weekend? i can't remember...no tips on toddler entertainment on the plane- R doesn't sit still very much anymore, i think a plane ride would be interesting!! happy bday to DD2!!!

moxie- hey, good to see you on here! nice trail run w/ DH last night! wish we had closer trail access here. there's a nice one that i could push the stroller on, but it's a good 40 minute drive. so cute on feeding the babies!

Bermy- how was the expo?! Did you get to meet Kara??? You definitely will break 4, the only question is by how much Smile hahaha, your DS is so much like R! R was obsessed w/ taking the grates off the heating vents and throwing stuff down there, too. he's over it now, thankfully!

CA- enjoy hte solo run in the nice weather today!!! and good luck on Sunday- you're going to have a great race! aw, M will have a blast at dance! our next door neighbor's daughter does 3 different types of dance, and she's always out on their front porch practicing. it's cute! wha? how can the store not have produce?! i bet asparagus or even peas would be a good sub for the brocoli. perfect weather for sunday too!

stroller- enjoy the RD! nice job on the run yesterday, too! i would have a hard time not racing the 10-miler, even w/ the stroller. i get into that race environment and the competitive side comes out. so cute on sports day!!! good luck w/ class today.

spike- lol on bike rides being dorky. ha on the keys, R hits the red panic button if he gets ahold of my keys, so i try to never leave them w/in his reach. hope that the veggies help w/ the weight! are you doing any ST now? yay for paying the last of the fees, fingers crossed you hear back about the rest soon! what's DH's tat? yeah, I was sitting on the floor w/ R pulling every toy out and he was looking at me like "yeah, not gonna happen mom."

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- I had a salad for lunch today and will make pasta or soup loaded with veggies for dinner tonight. I've been slacking- meat and cheese are the easy things to grab on a GF diet. It probably doesn't help that I ate a bag of chips and a 10 oz container of hummus last week either. LOL  DH's tattoo is a landscape that wraps his shoulder- over his shoulderblade is a sunset on the ocean, mountains on his shoulder, and they are working on desert on his chest/collarbone today. Artwork is reminiscent of a Sublime album cover.  I've been trying to do ST- I forgot yesterday because R didn't eat before we rent running and was demanding apple sauce when we got home- totally spaced it off, but I'll try to do some today or tomorrow.  I'm just doing bodyweight stuff since that's all I have time for. On sunday when I was doing squats, Reid came over and was imitating me, then the dog started jumping when I was doing Plyo Squats- its kind of a cluster trying to do it at home and my gym doesn't have childcare!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

spike - J mimics me when I stretch before running (for all of 1 minute).  It is seriously the cutest thing in the world! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- I was alternating between 2 reps squats and 2 reps plyo squats and I had to stop to laugh because I thought it was so cute lol, unfortunately he fell against my leg when he tried jumping so I thought it best to plop him on the couch

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Speaking of toddlers mimicking exercise. Dh was weight lifting and then M was walking around lifting her arms over her head and grunting Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

strollermama

I put it on facebook but I wan an entry to the race!!!  I am super excited.  I guess I have no excuse not to do it now, even as a training run...

Spike - Then chariot is pretty cool.  We debated between that and the BOB before H was born.  I loved all the cool attachments.