Womens Running

Wunning On Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 255 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.  Blush

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thank you so much for representing us all at Karnel’s church and signing the card. A virtual run would be a good thing.

Arimathea, LOL about the arches. My podiatrist says I have high arches (which was a shock to me). Stability shoes work well so long as the shoe bends easily from heel to toe.

Tuesday was another 35 minute shoe test on the track. The new Brooks Adrenaline 12s are perfect! They feel much better than the 10s I have been using.  I have noticed that they feel like they hug the feet more, making the shoes feel shorter. The Ravenna2s are even shorter than the Adrenalines. They appear to wrap around the feet. The Ghosts will be used for my XT this winter.

My splurge is buying running shoes. I feel justified since I run the blue blazes out of all of them. Wink

Happy runs, All! :::hug:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RunningSister

Favorite Sister of All!

Good morning!

Worked late again last night and up early again today!  RB is coming by so we can run some--my neighborhood has some hills so she will have to suffer a little--her area is really flat!  Then we go to get my car--needed a battery and of course it is a special battery LOL!

Judy--Glad to hear the 12's are working out well for you!  I usually rotate between 2 pairs--I find I am only getting about 350 miles on them--I used to get about 400--wonder if it's because they are making them lighter these days.

Amy--I am not a huge elliptical fan--our gym has a cardio theater so I will go in there and hope the movie distracts me long enough!

Lisa-Marie--Amazing how any increase in mileage can make such a difference.  Enjoy Jazzercise.  Teaching elementary children is a work-out for sure!

MMR--love the socks.  Enjoy Chicago.

Tessa--Nice intervals!

camille2--love white trash!  Yumm!

CrazySue--I feel like I used to be so much more flexible--I am trying to do some yoga at home a couple of times a week--I can only guess that it's helping some--especially with the tight hamstrings.

Off to run!

Have a great dayCool

Julia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keep Running! Cross the finish line! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

I found you all last night but not sure if anyone saw the post lol.

First run this morning since Sunday - 7 miles on the TM.

Thank you Lisa, Susan and Ginny for attending Karnel's funeral <3  I would be up for a virtual run.

Judy - nice track workout.  I have not tried the Adrenalines, though I like Brooks shoes (have run in Glycerines and Pure Flows),

Julia - have a good hilly run with your friend!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. Lisa Marie I know it is like coming into a movie mid way but really you'll catch on. We don't mind late posts etc. We are such a supportive group and we really care about each other, a lot. I've met several of these women. But mostly it is just chatting with them every day for the last 2.5 years and you get to be a little online family. Some have been around for only a few months some for many years. We tend to just embrace everyone.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm off to run a little late even though I got up early. Hammy had a lot of pain last night for the first time in a year. He is better today but we are watching him close and did give him pain meds. We believe he over did it running around with Quincy between when I left for work yesterday and when DH got home. When dh got home he said Hammy was slow moving and then cried out several times. When I got home he cried pitifully when Quincy laid down by him. So we gave him pain pill and that helped. He woke me at midnight and was in a bit of pain and wanted outside so I gave him a pain pill and took him out. Today he is better. If the sun comes out I'll open the door so he can bask in some sunlight. If he starts crying again or being pitiful full on pain cry we will take him to his neurologist. Hard to explain to a dog he cannot run around since he feels fine. Poor little guy.

Marjorie

camille2

Marjorie, so sorry about Hammy.  Hope he's feeling better soon.

Judyruns, glad you found new shoes.

Laura, nice to see you!  I'd missed you and would have looked for you if you weren't here today.

Lisa marie,  lack of sleep can make runs harder.  Don't get discouraged.  You can always  step back and repeat a week.

Need to do a longish run today.

Have a great day everyone!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning,all. Just got back from 4.5 miles around the neighborhood. Very chilly, my hands really hurt. But I kept a good pace and felt fine, so I am happy.

Laura, yes I did see you found us last night! Welcome, this is just as good RW.

Lisa Marie -- yes, this is like an ongoing serial. I came to this group 4 years ago and they were already a snug and happy family. We have seen people through tragedies and joyous occasions. It's a great place to be to talk about running AND life.

Marjorie -- oh, no, poor Hammy. It has to be awful to hear him cry.

Today is my long day, so I need to get going.

Have great runs, all!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Good Morning!  Last night I had enough time on the treadmill to run 4 miles before the pilates fusion Centergy class.  I came home and soaked int he tub.  I was so wiped out I sat in the chair and knitted the rest of the night.  Poor Jake wanted to play and I was just too tired to walk him.  I rained yesterday and the yard was too wet to play ball.  So he just stared at me.  I have a pic of him but can't get it to load....

This morning did the power hour class. 

Lisa--love the donut socks!

Hi Lisa Marie!

Marjorie--how is Hammy today?

Have a great Wednesday!

Linda

Good morning.

4.5 in the neighborhood (just like Amy).  Unlike Amy, my mileage has sucked the last few months.  I got injured, etc....blah, but I really want to do just one 40 mile week this months.  I am miles away.  I think if I do a double today, I might make it.  I hadn't realized that I was so close to 1500 miles for the year.  I am going to aim for 1400, but if I would have thought it was possible months ago, I might have stepped it up a little.

I keep checking RW.  I like RA.  I like the RA log much better than RW, but I keep checking back.  The entire forum was deleted yesterday, and, today, it is filled with spam again.

I've got to go to work.  Bye Smile

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Hello all!  Thank you for all of the wonderful anniversary wishes.   Here's the photo I wanted to post yesterday!  It is a "then and now" of me and my DH.   We had a wonderful dinner last night.... table for two, by the fireplace.  It couldn't have been more lovely. 

19 years - before and after

I'm doing my first run on the indoor track today with my new found running buddy.  Woo hoo!  

Judy - I love that your splurge in your running shoes.  Something nice for yourself is a good thing!

Julia - I'm going to have to break out into the hills one of these days.  I keep postponing it.  I guess I just don't like pain... lol

LC - good to have you back!  

Marjorie - so sorry about your fur baby!  I know how hard it is when one of our furbies are in pain.  It's a helpless feeling. 

Sue - wow... ambitious  you are!  TM and Centergy!    And I know exactly the look you got from your Jake.   Jazzie give me that look, as she sits there with the tennis ball in her mouth.  It's kind of like, "If I sit here long enough and stare, she will take the ball."  sigh.

Camille - I just cannot bring myself to do that one-hill race.  But, meeting for coffee/lunch/dinner would be fabulous.  I don't know how far you are from Lennox Square, but I often meet friends there who are from the northern part of the state.  It's an easy MARTA trip from the southside.  

Okay... I'm going to hit "post" and hope that this picture shows up.  We'll see. 

Be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I too like it here. I did 10.2. Hammy is much better. He was so pitiful crying and shaking cuz he was scared. We gave him one pain pill at 6 am just in case but he is fine now. He and Quincy are cuddling in the front door enjoying the sunshine. I'll monitor him the rest of the day and make sure he goes out on leash so he doesn't over do it today.

Marjorie

mommymac

I've got a few minutes before jumping on a webinar re: how to generate more clients. Hope it works!

I pass the LRS often and think about buying new running shoes just to look at! It's been so long since I've run that my style must come in new colors by now!

Julia - Hope the hills felt like bumps and your next run is through your neighborhood.

LC - TM seven miles; any advice on how to stay interested that long? Run faster?!

Marjorie - Glad to see your avatar is larger so we can see the pups again. That crying can be so difficult to listen to and know how to react. Glad Hammy has medicine that relieves the pain.

Amy - How long are your long runs right now? Are you training for anything?

Crazy Sue - Already dreading the amount of indoor time our dog is in for; they seem to need more entertainment from us when there is no grass to sniff or sun to bask in.

Hi Linda and Camille!

Julie - Hope the track helps you stay motivated and active this winter. And just the right RB can be a blessing.

QUESTION ABOUT EGGS! If they sat in my car, in 45 degree weather for 15 hours, should they be ok? I thought for sure they would be but they didn't feel cold when I picked them up. They are in a plastic egg carton. Would you use them?

Carolyn 

Arimathea

Tessa

Not wunning this morning. Waining this morning.

(actually it wasn't though there's a storm coming in, but I couldn't resist the wordplay)

Laura, glad you found us!

Lisa Marie, Marjorie is right, it is like coming into a movie, but one that people are willing to explain the backstory to. Jump on in!

Julia, is this the RB I ran with with you in 2010?

Marjorie, poor Hammy, hope he feels better soon.

Hi Judy, Amy, Susan, Linda, Julie, Camille!

Carolyn, I think the eggs should be fine -- 45 isn't much warmer than the fridge! I would use them.

Gym at lunch. Busy here today but popped in to say hi.

ginnyb

Hi everone,

I ran again today, that is two days in row!!  5 miles this morning and I felt great.  I am feeling more optimistic about the Half next month now.  I really thought I could do it , even with the small amount of running I have been doing, but I just feel better now that I am out there again and the 5 miles felt really good.

Welcome Lisa Marie...we are a happy little family here but we adopt more all the time!  I have been here since 2008, so around the same time as Amy.

Marjorie...I hope Hammy is better....poor doggy.

Amy....It was cold here this morning too, in the 20's.  My hands were nice and toasty in my mittens, but my legs were cold, that usually doesn't happen.

Laura...I saw that you had found us last night too.  Glad you did.

Well I went and made more Chex Mix this morning before work!  I only have made the salty recipe.  I made my son promise that he would not eat all the peanuts and cheez-its before I get home tonight!

Julie....love the picture of you and your hubby!  I think you look better now!  That isn't a bad thing to say is it????

We have an inservice for work tomorrow.  I do not enjoy....they are usually very boring, either that or more bad news!!!  Bright note is that we usually get a free lunch and get out early.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15