Womens Running

Tuesdailies (Read 11 times)

Not much happening here.  Spin class was good.

Later we're going to watch DGD dance at the fair.  Should be cute.

Then I'm doing a sleep study tonight.  Ugh. I really don't want to.The docs think my heart rate is too low, especially during sleep. So they'll hook me up and see. I think it's over reacting. The heart doc wants to be sure I wake up.

Whatever

CrazySue, waking up is highly recommended and preferable to the alternative. Good that you’re doing the sleep study. Worst case, it’s a false alarm. 

I found a tick in my arm last night. Quickly pulled it out. Was pretty small, not swollen, so hopefully it wasn’t there long.  It must have been from Saturday since I haven’t been on trails or brush since then.  Probably in something I was wearing on Sat, then got on to me when I moved the clothes into the washer yesterday.  Monitoring the bite spot for signs of Lyme, but hopefully it wasn’t there long enough.

And now I feel them everywhere.  Going to clean the house today.  Run a few later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 this morning with strides.

CrazySue,  hope the sleep study goes ok (and you can actually sleep!).

GatsbyBird,  yuck! Do doctors prescribe antibiotics out west as a precaution? Here they do due to the prevalence if Lyme. I got bit by something a few years ago and wound up on a precautionary 3 week course of doxycyline.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Sue, make sure you tell them you're an athlete. My HR gets as low as the high 30s when I'm sleeping or sitting at rest. But yes, waking up is essential.

5 miles for me today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have Pilates after work but still waiting on my miles for the rest of this week from my coach which should come in tonight. She normally gives me 3/5 or 5/3 for Monday/Tuesday so I could go out and run 3 but not feeling it, lol. I'll wait and see.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Susan, I hope all goes well with the sleep test and you actually get some sleep.

Margaret, yikes on the tick. Ticks have been my biggest fear/hatred of things since I was a little kid, and they're even worse now with lyme disease. When DH found a tick awhile back, he just called the doctor and she went ahead and got him a round of antibiotics just in case.

HCK and Lori, nice 6 and 5 respectively.

Rest day for me today. Groceries and laundry and cleaning, what fun.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Yike on the tick! Ick!

My HR was down to 38 while sleeping, and averaged 48 resting during the day.  I told them I've been a runner for 20+ years. Ugh. I still think they are over reacting.  I just re-read the instruction letter. NO ELECTRONICS????  No tv?  Is it lights out at  7:30? I can't just go to sleep at 7:30.

Ugh

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yike on the tick! Ick!

My HR was down to 38 while sleeping, and averaged 48 resting during the day.  I told them I've been a runner for 20+ years. Ugh. I still think they are over reacting.  I just re-read the instruction letter. NO ELECTRONICS????  No tv?  Is it lights out at  7:30? I can't just go to sleep at 7:30.

Ugh

Ugh. Good luck!

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Yike on the tick! Ick!

Ugh

This sounds like my average rates. I find most medical professionals aren't used to heart rates of athletes and try to err on the side of caution. When I was getting my gall bladder removed the nurses initially freaked at my rates (would bring in multiple machines to check as they wondered if their machines were malfunctioning before resorting to old-fashioned stethoscopes and making me cough to get my rates back up to a respectable level) and then I could overhear them at shift change warning their replacements of my low rates. All despite me telling them that's my normal. I'm m sure you have nothing to worry about other than not being able to use electronics for the evening.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Agreed. They have to get it checked as if you die, your husband can sue him for not checking it. Most medicine is practiced like that, sadly. Mostly because the US is litigation central.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Is it wrong that I keep looking at the pictures from my 5k Saturday and laughing? They show this 16-year-old kid in the lead at the start hauling ass (like still in the school parking lot, so not even 10 seconds in). Why is that funny? Because I passed him walking up the hill around mile 2.25 and finished in front of him. I saw him before the race and thought he came across as a cocky little kid. He got beat by someone old enough to be his grandma.....

Susan, my HR is similar to yours (overnight and resting throughout the day). So yeah, probably nothing, but I guess they need to check all the boxes. Makes me not want to go to a new doctor here though, because what if they have the same concerns about me? I don't want to deal with that crap. Then again, I DO like waking up every morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel