Womens Running

You guys! ITS FRIDAY!!! (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ahhhh. Welcome back my friend!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5 for me plus 15 minutes of abs.

HUMID out there this morning. Wasn't going to do anymore than 5. I hear we have some relief in site in a week. Its already mid-August so some permanent relief should be coming SOON!!!!

My email to my boss? Yeah,  it got escalated to the Director and HR. HA. Of course I am a bit worried now...but whatever. They are legitimate concerns. I basically asked what is going to happen when we are exposed? What does the company do? Quarantine us for 14 days? Does that mean our families have to quarantine as well? What if we live with someone who is high risk? Do they quarantine us in a hotel? What about those of us who are in WORK. OVERLOAD. does our deadline get extended? They are just sending us out there and asking us to complete over 120 site inspections by December. Its unrealistic and not safe. That is A LOT of traveling and exposure. ON TOP of all the regular work we have going on. They have said nothing on the protocol once exposed to a COVID positive branch. Not fair to us or our families. I can only do the best I can though. Even if that means not completing all the inspections in time..which just makes my anxiety through the roof. Okay rant over. This rant was worse before my run.

Looking forward to dinner with my BFF tonightttt! Can't wait to see her. She is going through a divorce so she needs some girl time! I think we are going out to a restaurant! First time for me since January.

Sandy – Hopefully you didn’t lose water for very long yesterday. That’s kinda a coincidence,  I had a branch lose water Wednesday due to a water main break. Lily is too cute and makes me laugh. So funny how pups have their own personalities. Ugh, sorry for the day yesterday. TODAY IS FRIDAY!!!! And closer to your time off!!

Laura – Hope you enjoyed the rest day 😊. Feels weird to take a complete rest day, right? Totally understand not wanting to “people”. Glad your biopsies ended up being fine. Crossing my fingers for the same. Such a pain in the ass. It wasn’t so bad during but can’t really sit right today.

Karen – You had a very tiring day yesterday. Nice job on the run – maybe when you are up there for 3-4 months you will be more acclimated to do tempo runs 😊. Hopefully you are able to get out on the SUP this morning!! I can imagine being exhausted after blowing that thing – THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID. Dirt church? Ha, I love that. Pretty awesome that your condo has been renting so much!

Run4kupcakes – Good luck going back to work today!!

Have a great day everyone!

TGIF!!!!!   I am so ready for a weekend!!! Did a piyo workout this morning. At least I made it out of bed, which has been a challenge on my non-run days. Wink

Dinner last night was really good!  DH even ate a vegetarian meal and liked it. Lots of leftovers too!  DH is not a big leftover fan, but I could happily eat the same thing for several days in a row if I don't have to cook.

Karen--sorry your vacay is ending. Safe travels home.

Happy Friyay y'all!

Seloc

Just a short walk with Miss Lily this morning.  OMG there was a coyote just trotting down the sidewalk towards us!  There was a guy across the street with a dog so I slowed down and crossed to try to stay back from him otherwise Lily woulda barked and I did NOT want the coyote to be alerted to that.  It could have ate her for breakfast!  Not sure if I will get out for anything later or not.  Maybe bike maybe nothing.

Not sure what's up with Miss Lily.  She hides under the bed when we come in.  She hasn't been eating much.  She didn't even want to come when I opened the back door which she ALWAYS does but now moved to her bed.  She wags her tail when I go and talk to her so maybe she's just tired?  I wish she could talk!

Liz - sounds like a good email and something they didn't consider.  Good for you for speaking up!  Oh, yeah, I think I maybe walked by where the water main break was.  Maybe the noise was them cutting the cement - it's just a little over a block away.  Also weird, two police cars were outside just down the block from me this morning running but no lights.  And empty!  Could not see anything else going on and a half hour later then were gone.  All sorts of weirdness today!!

Karen - Whew - good thing you aren't getting kicked out of your own house!!  haha  Awesome tempo yesterday!  Pretty sure I'd be huffin and puffin just walking around.  Dirt church - I love it!  Hope you got some quiet reading time in.  7 books??  Oh man, that's too much book pressure for me haha.  Anything good?  I've got nothing going right now.

Laura - hope you enjoyed your wine last night as much as I did!!    I'm impressed you didn't have any for that long.  I feel like I've been keeping the liquor store in business!  I actually kinda have a crush on the owner.  He calls me "hon" 

Sue - how did that amazing dinner turn out?

Cathy - good luck with the 18 tomorrow and have fun on the adventure with TF!!

Well, my little protector is barking at something so maybe all is good after all.  So much work to do today I best get at it!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I am in the office today. 7-8 miles tonight.

Liz, nice run. glad you raised these issues. Keep that email (print it or send it your personal email) and keep saving or keeping the chain. You never know if/when you need it. It's a legitimate concern.

Susan, glad you had a nice dinner.

PS, I can't believe I've been here almost 11 months. OK? 11. Next month is when we moved.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

RD today, core this morning and walked 3 miles after dropping my car off to have the A/C checked.  Hopefully it's nothing and just needs a recharge!  Swim class this afternoon.  Going out to dinner with a GF tonight!  We are planning on an Italian place with outdoor patio.  Hopefully the waitlist is not too long, otherwise there are a couple other options.  I haven't been out to dinner since the end of May, the outdoor dinner with TF.  I'll have to discuss the plans for tomorrow with TF, his thinking was the park as well as some other sights along the way.  I think he's being rather ambitious for the time that we have.    Oh, and they finally announced plans for school here, it will be a combination of virtual/live learning.  3 days virtual and 2 days live, with the kids divided into 2 groups so there are less kids in school at the same time.  Should be interesting to see how that works.

Liz, sorry about the humidity.  I think it's awesome that you wrote that email!  It sounds like you have very reasonable concerns.  Have an awesome dinner with your BFF!  Yes, I am the only one that is in an adult swim class.  At all.  So the instructor (he's also the manager of the place) is pretty flexible about when I want to come for the lesson, he is free most afternoons.  He suggested I come twice a week.  No thanks, I would be exhausted.    Sounds like a good idea to wait for the marathon!  Luckily I normally get hungry from my long runs a day or two after the run.     Pizza does sound good, however.

Sue, congrats on getting out of bed!    Your dinner last night looked good!  I am with you on leftovers...

Sandy, that's a bit scary about the coyote!  I hope Lily is OK.  Have you seen that animated movie with the dog that talks using a device that a guy made?  Was it "Up"?  Kinda funny...    Ah, so you also have an ulterior motive for going to the liquor store?    Box of wine seems to be XDH's new thing, there's one in the fridge at the house now!

Damaris, wow, the 11 months went quick!  Enjoy the 8.  

Karen, nice that your place is renting!  Wow, that was a tough workout to just jump in and attempt!  The 4x2 mile is tons of fun... Good thing you could nap after inflating the SUP.  

Laura, your flaky friend is a therapist?    I also like Moscato!

Judy, I have never had canned whole potatoes!  I have noticed odd things being low at the grocery store at different times though.

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

6 mile run this morning, then DH walked with me over to the closest lake access (about 0.4 miles according to my Garmin from running it). He carried my SUP and helped me figure out how to get it in the water and get on it. There was a guy and his kid there fishing and DH apparently stayed and talked to them for a really long time. I was out for a little under an hour, and when I came back to shore, the guy was still there, helped me get it out of the water and put away so I could carry it home. Seemed to know our entire life story and said he'd watch it if I wanted to go back and get DH to carry it home for me. I decided I wanted to see if I could do it myself - it was awkward, especially when the wind picked up, but I got it home. DH then told me that guy's life story.....he said they talked for probably 30 minutes. Anyway, it was fun, but after paddling, carrying it home, deflating it and putting everything away, my arms are shaking! I really liked it, it's fun.

Liz, that was an excellent that's what she said. I'm glad that your email is going up the chain - you brought up some serious and important points and they need to address them. Kinda sounds like they didn't give it enough thought.

Susan, nice job on the piyo workout. I tried that once and couldn't really get into it. Seems like it would be a good workout though.

Sandy, yikes on the coyote. I hope little miss Lily is doing okay. Sometimes dogs are just weird. I'll let you know on the books, the last two I've read have not been that great. Not bad enough to quit without finishing, but almost a chore to get to the end. Which I don't have time for with seven books on the clock!

Damaris, eleven months already? It does not seem like you've been out of Miami that long. Enjoy the run tonight.

Cathy, enjoy swim class. Do you get really tired and hungry after? When I took a few swim lessons, I felt like I needed to eat everything in sight after. Have fun with TF this weekend. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have tried the 4x2 mile just because it was on this week's schedule, considering I didn't do any of the workouts the last three weeks. I ended up with 3x2 mile. With some extra breaks.

I felt almost normal on my run this morning, yet I can still get winded going upstairs to the bedroom. Altitude is weird. I am interested to see how running feels when I get back home. Well, I know it's going to suck because of the heat and humidity, but I wonder if I'll be able to feel any benefit. Okay, I need to go take a shower. I stink.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

BFF isn’t able to make it tonight. I was looking forward to getting out of this house! Its been so cloudy and rainy ALL week and has made me kinda stir crazy. Maybe a date night for HCDH and I tomorrow night.

Oh, when I go to the doctor I always stand backwards on the scale so I dont see - LOL. I don't want to obsess about it. I was in my health portal today looking at some things and I lost 5lbs in the 4 weeks inbetween OB appointments! Not trying...must be stress.

Susan – Nice job getting out of bed and getting the workout in! On my non run days I try to make sure I work out in the morning..seems harder to get it in later in the day.

Sandy – A coyote?! That’s scary. Do you see them much in your area?? Aw, poor Lily girl! I wonder what is up? I wonder if this is still part of her acclimating? You have been to the vet recently so I wouldn’t think anything medical? Aw.  The empty cop cars is a bit strange. Hm. Liquor store owner crush, huh? 😉. I did not have wine last night and I was disappointed. Since I took a Xanax I didn’t think it was smart to drink – LOL. I will be having some tonight! HCDH made plans so its just me and Ruger!

Docket – Have a good run tonight! 11 months already!?! That is crazy.

Cathy – Enjoy the rest day! Much deserved. Hoping the car problem is something simple and cheap 😉.  Have a great time out tonight! Interesting on the return to school. They have just made everything around here 100% virtual until next year. Don’t blame them one bit. There are going to be complaints no matter what option they decide. Are the girls OK with that schedule? Have fun with TF this weekend – make sure to report back 😊. Enjoy that swim lesson!

Karen – Nice run this morning! Maybe DH got his talking out with the stranger??? 😊. Glad you are loving the SUP!! Management never gives anything enough thought I am learning. I bet running will feel easier when you get back. Even humid running!

Have a good night everyone! I have a branch with a COVID clean that doesn't start until 6:30. Its going to be a late one for me. I will be running the COVID duty on Monday!

Half Crazy K 2.0

30 minutes on the treadmill.  Glad it's Friday. Trying to decide if I want to do my works virtual running festival.  Its basically pick your own distance.

Happy Friyay!

Welcome to Jessica (UseMyShoes), who posted in the New to the Forums thread that ccoakley started.

Lizzie, good for you for raising those job concerns, which sound like valid issues to me.  There's no way that you should be endangering yourself or your family for your job.  Sorry your BFF canceled for dinner.    I know what you mean about being excited to have a reason to leave the house.

CrazySue, I don't think I've ever had eggplant but it sounds like your dinner was delish.

Sandy, are coyotes normal for your area?  Around here, they've become much more common in the past few years.  Never saw them when we first moved here in 2004.  Definitely keep Lily close when you see one!  Nice of you to keep the local liquor store in business.  I'm doing the same for my local microbrewery.  

Damaris, I went into my office today too, but just briefly to pick up a new ID.  There's no timeframe for bringing us back into the office on any regular basis, and we're not allowed to go in unless directed by management.

Turtles, enjoy your dinner out!  Busy day for you tomorrow with a LR and TF time.

Karen, that's a long way to carry a paddle board, although I'm guessing it isn't very heavy since it's inflatable.  I think you said that your condo is at 7500' altitude?  How long do you think it takes to get fully adapted to that altitude?

HCK, will there be good swag if you do the virtual running festival?

No running today, 90 minute run tomorrow.  It was crazy hot here today, 90 degrees!  Not normal at all for August, which is typically referred to as "Fogust" on the coast.  It shouldn't be quite so hot tomorrow, but I'll run early to avoid the heat.  Beaches are going to be jammed this weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

We have a new doctor!!!  YAY!!!  And she seems fab.  Hope I don't annoy her as I am overjoyed to have someone.  If she works my days or not is yet to be seen though.  For the next 2 months though she will be nights until we get the night doctor.

Hi again to Jessica.  I will do an intro in the morning.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024