Womens Running

Tired Tuesday Supermoms (Read 22 times)

runnergirl9508

Still trying to shake off the fog this morning...

RR: crunch and run class, + more miles afterwards to hit 8-9 total for the day.

TR: so the past two times I've given R a bath, he runs into his room immediately after I get him out of the tub, squats on his floor and squeezes out pee if i'm not fast enough to get a diaper on him. last night DH was upstairs with me, and when R took off I told him what was going on. he said to just put him on the toilet (the regular one, not a training potty). So I chased him down and brought him back in, put him on the toilet and he peed! I was surprised! We had the training potty out for about a week, but all he was doing with it was playing so I put it away, figuring he just wasn't ready to PT yet.

NRR: is it bad when you wake up and the first thing you think of is how soon you can lay down for a nap?!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

RG - I hope you can fit in a nap later today!  I am aiming for one myself.  Hopefully that potty business is the beginning of a trend.  I need to get back onto PTing.  I am dreading it, DD2 is going to be my biggest challenge yet.  Hope the class goes well.

RR - just finished 9 w. 2x1.5 tempo - an awesome run despite the humidity.  I felt great!

NRR - Had fun with the nephews yesterday.  I don't see the boys that often so it was nice to see them and nice for DD2 to play with them.

FR - leftovers?? DH has soccer tonight (the first of three games this week) so it will be something quick and easy

KR - I have limited the kids to 20mins each of screen time per day,  - so far so good - just need to limit myself now.

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - ST and core

TR - was awake at 6:25am.. yikes... guess we were spoiled with the 7am or later wake ups the past few weeks.. lots of tears when I had to leave for work this morning... DH will be doing the daycare drop off today and I'm sure there will be even more tears with him.

NRR - long meeting day today, pretty sure this one will be going the full 2.5 hours...

rg - yep, I woke up this morning when my alarm went off thinking, How am I going to make it through a work day without a nap??  DH and I have talked about introducing C to the potty, although not necessarily do training, just let her get familiar with a potty or a toilet..

eh - we only let C watch kids music videos on the iPad,  and no tv, except when the news is on... ever since DH cancelled our cable (when I was on mat leave... urrghh, I was so bored!) we stopped watching TV except for the news and he watches the occasional hockey game..

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - SRD. SLEPT IN.

TR - I want to take him to a splash pad today, but I have a nagging feeling that they all closed at the end of August.  The outdoor pools are all definitely closed.  If not, I'll see if he wants to go wading in the lake.  He keeps telling me, "please buy new toy."  Music class went well - I think the class is for 3-4 year olds, and most of the other kids were older (they can say their names) but I snuck out after 15 min to pay for the class and so he would learn to be independent.  One of the other moms came out to tell me that B was asking for me, but he wasn't SCREAMING for me, so I refused to go back in.  I will sit in next week and not again until the Christmas concert.

FR - chicken pie, salad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

rg - hurray for the potty! B has never used the small potty, it has always been either the potty seat on the big toilet, or standing.

eh - 20 minutes of screen time? whoa I let B watch ipad a LOT, like hours.

cx2 - see my TR.  My daycare lady warned right from the start that kids would go through a clingy phase and the best thing to do is turn around and leave, which I know is hard for you.  Fortunately B never went through that phase, but I have no problem leaving through tears, as I said up there, he HAS to learn to be independent.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  1.5 mile walk today with the CC kids.  They will be running.  I told them they all have to run it faster than I walk it.  We shall see.  It is supposed to be SUPER hot today.

TR:  Didn't get to see him yesterday. Sad  He fell out of bed after 9 so DH and I both went down.  Its cute that he would rather lay there and cry than get back in to bed.  Silly boy.

NRR:  DH might have to work tonight.  I worked last night, and have meets Wednesday and Thursday, and he might work late Friday and again Saturday.  I hate these busy days when we are very rarely together as a family.  Plus, I feel like I need to fill the time with J.  Thinking about calling a friend about Friday evening so J can see his "girlfriend".

FR:  Hoping dinner tonight is more than a bowl of ice cream.

PGR:  37 weeks today.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

ER - ST. With the forecast calling for a feels like temp of 42C/108F, it's a great day not to run!

TR - Made a boy cry at the community centre yesterday when she painted all over his painting. What a bully! Joking She has her 18-month well baby visit this morning. A few weeks late, since I booked it late.

FR - I have cauliflower and cheddar cheese on hand, and little else, so I think I'm going to find a recipe for cauliflower mac and cheese so I can put off grocery shopping for another day.

NRR - DH has a man cold, so he's been banished to the basement to sleep. But, while his snoring didn't wake me, I got woken up by a crazy loud and bright thunderstorm at 4 am (I feel like I'm always getting woken by something at 4 am)! and I bolted out of bed to run around closing windows. Except....I think I might have left all my car windows down. It might be a soggy drive to the doctor's office.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

armmama

RR - supposed to do 8 today.  Made it about 3 miles on the TM before I called it quits.  I'll do the rest with L after the girls go to school.  I'm so tired today.

BR - is awake already which is early for him.  I guess that means early nap day!  I may join him for a little while...

KR - DD1 lost a tooth the other day and I completely forgot about the tooth fairy until she mentioned yesterday how the TF probably didn't come because we moved.  I kind of can't believe she is 10 and still believes in the tooth fairy.  I have a feeling all the girls will find out about this stuff at the same time.

KR2 - took DD1&3 to splash night tryouts for the local swim club.  They both loved it so I signed them both up for the year.   Holy expensive.   I guess our swim team in Mississippi was a bargain.  We're not sure we see DD3 being a swimmer but DD1 has the prettiest strokes and has improved so much in the last year, I'm hoping she meets some friends on the team and loves it.

FR - turkey tacos

rg - that's pretty cool about R!  I haven't even thought of PTing L yet, it would be nice to get it over with though!

eh - haha, I think limiting myself would be even harder than limiting the kids.  we're going to need to put some sort of plan in place for getting homework and activities done before screentime.

cx2 - ugh on the long meeting. I can't sit still that long.

zorbs - yay for sleeping in!  Fingers crossed your splash pad is open.  The one at the zoo was open last week even though all the outdoor pools closed before Labor Day.

mrszackmorris

rr: ended up with 4 very hot and humid miles last night. srd today. rp got shwacked on the face by a june bug.

rr2: my chiro won a trail marathon on Saturday for the second year in a row and is following it up by running another trail marathon this Saturday.

kr: forgot her library books. Ugh.

tr: pretty sure she has her first cold of the school year already.

br: taking him to story time at the library today.

nrr: this knee wound is really awful. I can't believe how sore it is. I showered after running last night and it is just raw again.

nrr2: finished season of himym. Ended up buying the 8th season through amazon instant video on our smart tv. Not bad since we watched all the other seasons free from the library.

fr: the girls asked for pigs in a blanket.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

FR - I have cauliflower and cheddar cheese on hand, and little else, so I think I'm going to find a recipe for cauliflower mac and cheese so I can put off grocery shopping for another day.

here ya go: http://www.runnersworld.com/recipes/creamy-cauliflower-mac?page=single I don't bother with the boiling in broth.  You can definitely use cheddar, and I like to top it with panko instead of regular bread crumbs.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

Morning!

SRD:  Going to bike instead of run for a few days.  Foot is looking better so I am just going to stay off of it for now.

TR:  Tick on his junk, scared the daylights out of me on how to get it off without it hurting.  Rubbing alcohol on it and the sucker backed right on out without me having to pull it out.  I also found a tick on me last night.  Gross.

NRR:  Horrible stiff neck today, must have slept wrong.

FR:  Crap, totally forgot to take something out.....

CTimesTwo

zorbs - yay for sleeping in!  I think DH has a harder time with the tears/being clingy than I do... by the third day at daycare last week I was leaving C in the arms of the teacher and walking out after 5 seconds even though she was crying... I stood out of sight by the door and within 2 minutes the tears stopped, although she was still being held..  the teacher told us to give it a couple weeks and it'll get easier for all of us...

mer - so great that you made it 37 weeks!  I think that's considered full term, right?  Stay cool in this crazy heat!

ernie - we didn't get any rain here which i thought was odd since all the surrounding areas seemed to.... are you still driving the car with the windows being held up by spoons???

arm - hope you get in a nap today, it seems like we're all tired around here.. maybe it's because of the return of the hot weather?

mrzm - wow, winning a trail marathon is pretty impressive!  and to do another marathon so soon, your chiro must be in pretty good shape!

becky - do you have a mountain bike or a road bike?  I love road biking but haven't been on mine since C was born... I kind of miss it but I was such klutz on the bike before C, i'm sure i'd be worse now with mommy-brain..

beckykay

RG:  I wake up most morning wondering if I can take a nap that day Smile

Eh!:  Great job on the run!

Cx2:  C went through a phase of 5 a.m. wakeups, ouch.  Now I am super spoiled because I have to wake him up at 7.

Zorbs:  Slept in?  What is that nonsense Smile

Mer:  Wow, 37 weeks!  Ice cream for dinner sounds lovely Smile  I swear when C falls out of bed, he'd rather just stay asleep on the floor.

Ernie:  Hahahahaha, sounds like something C would do - paint all over someone else's Smile  My neighbor has left her window down on her convertible for like a week now.....

Arm Awe, that is cute that she still believes in the tooth fairy.

MrsZM:  Those trail runners are beast.  One of the ladies here in Lynchburg (and also on FB with us) won a 40 miler on Saturday.  Amazing!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - hills day, I'm going to run at lunch, there's a hill that's about 2km's away, I don't think it's as long as the hill I've been running from home, but whaterver.  12 repeats today Smile

TR - still a bit sick, has a bad cough.  She was up in the night to go potty and wanted water, then was crying because she didn't want to sleep anymore at 5am, I think I convinced her that it wasn't morning yet... because 5 am really isn't morning!

BR - best part of being at work all day yesterday was having her shuffle over to me and clamour to be picked up and cuddled! Smile

FR - DH is making a chicken spaghetti squash 'pasta' type dish.  He also made dinner last night!

NRR - so weird that I'm on day 2 of 2... I am going to run my butt off this month, and then in October I'll have a week or so when I have daycare but am not working and I think I'm going to go through our house, ever nook, every cranny, and purge and clean.  Either that or lie around and watch daytime tv... time will tell Smile

NRR2 - Hoping it works for DH to go away, he has to ask MIL if she'll watch the kids/dogs.  I'm wondering if it might be more practical to just go to Banff/Lake Louise or something, get a room in  nice hotel and spend flight money on nice meals/etc.  I'm a cheap ass though.

k... going for coffee be back soon.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Cx2:  Hahaha, also a klutz on the bike.  I have a cheapo mountain bike that I use on paths but most of the time I use my recumbent bike.  CAn't fall off of that one Wink

mrszackmorris

rg:: yay about the pee. We put c on the big potty too.

eh: 3 soccer games for a grown man? Wink

cx2: ugh to the long meeting.

zorbs: I always did the same thing for dd1s classes when she was little. If the teacher didn't come to get me it wasn't bad enougshe they have to learn to be independent somehow, right?

runninmer: shouldn't a 37 week pregnant woman be eating more than ice cream for supper?! have fun walking with the cc kids. I'm a little surprised you agreed to coach this year.

ernie: good luck at the well child check!

arm: yay for swim team. I am supposed to helping out the head high school girls swim coach bit so far have just been looking over workouts.

Becky: yikes about the tick! Yup ultra runners are ridiculous! Love that my chiro is one though!

car: i like your purge idea. I told dh that since we have lived in our new house for just about a year I am tossing everything we haven't used since we moved in. If wehaven't  used it in a year in thinking we won't ever use it.