Womens Running

Wishing For Justice Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 28 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wishing for justice for Boston victims!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

When I arrived at the track and started my run, I noticed that the gym had lowered all of its flags to half staff. Several friends joined me as I ran. We were all feeling the need for solidarity, I think.  I ran hard for a half hour in memory of those attacked in Boston. As one of my police running friends started his run, I yelled, “Run one for Boston!” and he answered “YES!”.

Yesterday was a 30 minute run and 50 minute cardio dvd.

Today will be a track run, then cardio DVD.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Didn't plan it but my legs need it after 16 days straight and a lot of miles.

Lisa wow on the diverted landing. Hope they were ok. Glad the leg is better.

That was a nice run Judy

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD for me as well.

judyruns, we also did a group run with our Boston bibs last night.  Enjoy the cardio DVD.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest.

For those that asked, my race this Saturday is a 50K.  First one and is on a tough trail and I have an 8 hour time limit, so I'm pretty freaked out now.

Damaris

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all,

i haven't said much in the last two days.  It's been kind of hard to put words together.

There is a virtual run (not a fund raiser to insure that it's not a scam) being pulled together on Facebook.  Our little running group, now nine strong, are going to print our bibs and run on Monday.  Here's the link, if you're interested: Facebook Virtual Run and Bib

Judy - awesome run!  love it.

Marjorie - Sixteen straight days... I'd be a lump on the floor after that!  Smile

Hoping to get 4 or so miles in this afternoon.   The foot stopped hurting the instant I extracted the large pebble from my tread.  Go figure.  I DO have princess-and-the-pea feet.  Must be my diva side.

Be well all

blessings,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Julie, I  printed out that bib to use in my race on Saturday. I will probably pin it to my back.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

camille2

Julie, I'm with you. It's hard to put words together and to have the normal enthusiasm to respond to others.

I'll wear one of the bibs this weekend, too. I've been asked if I'll do races in the future. Yes. No doubt.

7 easy later today.

ginnyb

I share the same thoughts as all of you have expressed.

6 really good miles for me this morning, very encouraging.

Marjorie...you certainly deserve a rest day, enjoy.

Damaris...you will do well this weekend.

Julie...I will wear the bib for my  long run this weekend

Lisa...glad you are feeling somewhat better.

Took a day off today, I have another marathon with the dentist this morning, and I don't mean running, wish I did.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Everyone Smile

Ran 5 last night after work.  Will run this evening, as well.  I did not sleep much at all last night, brain wouldn't shut off between thinking about work stress and Boston.  Ugh

Hi Judy, Lisa, Julie, Amy, Ginny, Camille, Damaris, Marjorie and all to follow, I appreciate you all <3

Laura

Tar Heel Mom

kween

3 easy.

Anonymous Guest

I've been reading accounts from friends who were there and crying, statements from running friends and crying, acts of courage and kindness and crying, and then I read this from a Marathon Maniac. Some NSFW language, but it made me smile.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xay1mBAGPpAptmjLn-iNS7-YjnGrUPWML5dSGw_Fe7M/pub

Last night I ran 11 with 4 x 1.5 miles with 800 recoveries in the middle. It was 75 degrees so got a little warm. Was so happy they had turned the water fountains on for the summer on my little rail trail. About a 1/4 mile of the trail runs along the road, and it's not the nicest part of town. I was wearing my Army 10-miler shirt that said "I will never quit" on the back, and a car came by, honked and yelled "good for you. keep running". Lots of runners out on the trail yesterday.

SRD for me today. I've run nearly 75 miles in the last 7 days and need a break. That's a lot for me.

Damaris, good luck this weekend. I'm sure you've gotten a ton of advice, but I'm going to add to it. You have 8 hours, you can do it. Hike the uphills. Watch your feet if it's a technical trail. Your mind will wander before your body gets tired and that's when you're mostly likely to trip. If you do fall, it's not the end of the world. Everybody does. Just get back up, walk a little, then run if it doesn't hurt. Don't spend too much time at the aid stations - it's tempting, but an extra 5-10 minutes at each one really adds up.

I will print out the bib and wear it at my 10K on Sunday. I saw that at the London Marathon this Sunday, runners will cross the finish with their hands over the hearts as a mark of respect and compassion. I plan to do the same Sunday and also at the NJ Marathon in 2.5 weeks.

Hey, do you guys remember Lisa Ann that used to post? She is in the DC area now and I saw she is signed up for the 10K I'm running - hoping to meet up with her.

Hi to all,

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Ginny-you're running a marathon with your dentist? when did this occur? LOL

Damaris-woohoo on the trail 50k!! welcome to the darkside.. as in you see the darkside of the inside of mouths when you tell people that you've done that.  Actually it's the kinder and gentler side with snacks along the way.  What race is it? Where?

Tessa-too funny!  I heard about 2 buck chuck last night although I think it was 3 buck .. maybe they were just trying to sound better.  They said it was good. I'm not picky but you certainly do taste a difference. it's like having fine chocolate.

All of you posting the runs you've done already...

I'm laying in bed.

Lisa

Good Morning!  Better day for the back.  Ran 6 miles this morning.  Last night the LRS had a prayer run for Boston.  About 400 folks came, ran 3 miles.  Nice ceremony.  I rescued the Boston Freedom Trail Run t-shirt from the recycle pile and wore it.  Randy and I ran it together.  Julie and Tessa--you have met Randy.

Here is the story:  http://www.sunherald.com/2013/04/16/4597527/runners-to-gather-to-pray-run.html

Prayers for those in need.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Karen, that letter was awesome. I am reposting. Many places. And how fun to see Lisa Ann! I am sure she likes DC better than Kansas. I also hope I remember to put my hand over my heart when I finish the 10-miler Saturday. Sometimes I get a little self-absorbed at the finish line, so I might forget. But I will wear the memorial bib.

Lisa, it rains in SD like once a year. I guess it waited for you. Please be careful on your leg!!

Sue -- we had a memorial run here in town last night, too, but I didn't see the email till this morning. Thank you to all who have run memorial runs this week.

Rse

judyruns - good workouts.  Nice for others to "Run for Boston."

MarjorieAnn - Oh I enjoy my restdays.  Wise to rest when you need it.

Damaris - Good luck on your upcoming 50.

Julie - Glad you found the pebble

TarHeelMom - good luck on your race Saturday.

Camille - that's nice of you to wear a bib. Are you racing this weekend?

Ginny - glad you had a good 6. I hope the dentist went well for you

LCRuns - have a good 5 tonight. Hope you sleep well

Karen - impressive mileage. Good luck this weekend

Lisa - glad you are resting:-)

CrazySue - glad your back was better on your 6 today

For me,yesterday was a :15 walk-only day.

Today I did a :30 wog at LHR, with a :15 walk-only warm-up and a :15 walk-only cool-down for a total of an hour this morning.

Have a good day!

Fran