Womens Running

Trail Weekend (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

Sandy, I love your definition of multitasking Big grin Yeah, Oshie was traded from St. Louis to WSH not that long ago; 2 or 3 seasons maybe. Then WSH gave him a crazy contract extension and pretty much everyone called it a big mistake. I guess it paid back w this season/play-offs alone. As for morning/evening running, I once tried to go for easy 10k at 1pm. 1pm isn't that bad, right? It's not early morning. It's afternoon. Right? Riiight Big grin My evening runner body screamed the whole way. Like, every muscle cell was protesting. Awful run. I know, a sample size of one run, but still. And pre-race beer. Weeell, I have 440ml (Google says its 14.9oz) Carlsberg next to me now... 

Trail run today! Nothing major, 12k. (I hope I won't regret these words). It's warm but windy outside. Time to make my ''Garmin tan'' even more visible Big grin

Have a great weekend everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.1 for me. This ends me at 42+ for the week.

Ugh. 73 degrees out with 70 dewpoint..that was tough. Amazing that that kind of weather just makes you feel like you have never run a day in your life. Makes you feel out of shape! Anyway...its done. I am a sweaty mess so thought I would "cool off" by checking in with you ladies Smile Going to try to get 50 miles next week..or close to it. I am also going to start adding in some speedwork. I try to wait 2-3 weeks post race before i start that. I think I have 2 weeks until training officially starts. The first couple weeks are pretty easy though Smile

Heading up to my brothers soon! Hair apt first..should be fun!

Carol - YEEESSS!!! Would love it if you came to Glass City!!! Yay for a great run!

Sandy - Rainy weekend means excuse to stay in and do nothing. And nap Smile Oh yes, Oshie. Did you see him talking about it when they interviewed him after the game? I cried. haha. Thank you again for your goodie box! I still can’t get over how I left one shoe behind. Sigh. We have this hibiscus plant on the porch, thats where we put the happily ever after rock Smile

Docket - I would say that those prices surprise me, but after running around FTL…I can see that. I am crossing my fingers so hard for you!!

Diane - Wow girl, you are going to be busy on the treadmill this weekend!

Kilmisters - LOL at your evening running body. There have been a few times when I have ran in the afternoon…it wasn’t bad but I felt “off”. And it wasn’t in the middle of summer that is for sure. Shit, is it even Summer yet? UGH. LOL at the Garmin tan! I didn’t realize I had a Fargo shorts tan until I went to the beach..had to have been at Fargo because the sun isn’t out when I am running. LOL. Good luck today!!!!! You’ll do awesome!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

ginnyb

Working today   Did not run yesterday, but did legs with trainer and it was tough, but I made it.  This morning, brushing my teeth , I had a catch in my darn back again..sometimes I am afraid to move anymore.  I think I am ok, but it is still giving me a twinge now and then.  I would like to try and run 5 miles tomorrow, we shall see.

Lisa....I do know someone in reservations at Kalahari, don't know if she could help with anything or not, but I could sure check when we make the decision.  Interesting about the relay, so I could do the half and also run a leg of the relay?  You all know how slow I am though.  My fastest is usually around mile 5, which is weird.

Liz...have a fun hair appointment day.  You are a running machine.

I'm sorry I have not been reading much, so I don't have personals.  Kind of in a funk again, I'll snap out of it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have a run tonight.  Thought of going to OTF but I just woke up.  Yesterday, the bitch at work exploded some issues at work and I had to answer a bunch of emails on my day off so no time for OTF then.

Liz, Ft. Lauderdale is cheaper than Miami; however, if you stayed anywhere near Las Olas, that area is million dollar land, especially East of US 1.

Checking houses for rent where I live (a block or two from me) and this came up.  Even more expensive than I expected:

Elina, go!

Ginny, hope work is OK.

Damaris

LC Runs

Good Morning!

5.3 miles for me, I chose a hilly, rural route as opposed to running in town, my legs are feeling it!  The weather has been fantastic for running though, 50's and slight breeze.

Going to a co worker's wedding this afternoon (just the ceremony) and doing some things around the house.  I also have to work on getting my son's graduation announcements addressed and mailed.  Should be a fairly quiet day!

Elina - have a great trail run!

LIzzie - ugh that weather is not fun to run in.  Enjoy the hair appt and day with family!!

Ginny - ouch on the back twinge, I have been there and it is no fun.  Hope you are able to get in your 5 tomorrow.

Damaris - sorry about the crazy work day. Wow on those rent prices!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Quick check in.  Couple of warm walking miles done.  Nothing planned for the day and I think I like it that way.  Work tomorrow then Monday going to Austin to talk to the clinic folks there.  We shall see.

Have a great weekend everyone, need to go find food.  Maybe a trip to the grocery store?

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

The trail 12k went ok! All start times were delayed by 30mins because of road repair approx 30mi from the event, which, w thousands of cars heading to the race, created an insane traffic jam.

The announcer warned all the runners about course being not quite ankle friendly as it was 90% meadows and only a small part - trails. UH. OH.

And boy was he right. Crazy surface. As if 1000 cows had stamped the course before the start. Uneven surface would be an understatement. At first few kms I thought I would DNF; the injured ankle (which is pretty much screwed up irreversibly) just refused to do anything, locked up and added calf to "yeah, no" club. I somehow fought through it and then it got better, after 4th km or so. After that it was ok. But the course was never flat, at any point, it was either steep climb or tilted to one side. All in all - tough and useful workout and despite the struggles - I am happy. After this one roads will feel like piece of cake. Had the deserved beer after finish and spent quality time w HB and K. Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Anonymous Guest

I am beat. My baby runner that's getting faster really pushed me today. 78 and humid and we had a sub-9 mile in there. Towards the end. After met for a bit with my new running coach (she's excited) and then walked over to where my new walking coach was having breakfast with her walker friends. They are excited too and it sounds like a couple of the others are going to join our group as well.

Hanging out with the neighborhood old ladies last night was fun too. We're going to get together one evening a month (they are going to try to get a bunco group going - never played, don't know how, but I'll give it a try), and the retired ones among us are going to do some old lady things (antiquing, museums, shows) during the day sometimes. I'm glad I went. And about 9 o'clock everyone was starting to get tired and ready to go home, unlike when we hang out with our young neighbors and they're just getting going when we go home at 10 because we're exhausted.

Elina, hope the trail run was fun.

Liz, these runs are tough, but they do get more manageable. They don't get fun again until the worst of summer is over, but they do start to suck less.

Ginny, so frustrating about the back - that would probably up my anxiety. Nice workout with the trainer.

Damaris, those rents are crazy. I could maybe afford the couch sale, but no way would I pay that much for a place to live. Then again, they are pretty big places so I guess I could split the rent with 8 of my closest friends.

Laura, I'm still feeling the hills and squats from OTF on Thursday! A hilly route would probably do me in. Enjoy the somewhat quiet day.

Kathryn, good for getting out there. It's hard to do when it never cools off overnight. Enjoy the day with no plans.

Oh, my dad really like his father's day gift. I don't think he even realized you could find out your ancestry by mail - "what a neat idea" was the exact quote. He's going to do it right away so maybe he'll get the results by the time I go up to visit.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Wooo for trails!

Tessa, have a great weekend at Shadow. I’m interested in hearing how the trails and forest held up after the fires.

Kilmisters, we had some similar “trail” conditions (uneven grassy field, trampled by cows) at Pinelands. I didn’t enjoy those sections, even with two ankles that work. Hope your poor ankle recovers ok.

Karen, laughing at you hanging out with the old ladies playing bunco. When you figure out what it is, please share.  Does that mean we are old ladies?  

Kat, hope your day is quiet and uneventful.

LC, sounds like perfect running temps. Hope the wedding was nice.

Damaris, those are like SF Bay Area prices.  I just shake my head and wonder how much the mortgage(s) must be.

Ginny, hope the funk passes!

Lizzie, do anything fun with your hair today?  You’re ramping up the miles again!  Are you already training for Twin Cities?

I had a productive day. Ran 4.2 miles, then drove a couple hours to Auburn for a Western States aid station meeting, then stopped at a brewery that my brother recommended and got some beer, then  drove another couple hours to Lake Tahoe. I have a training run tomorrow, either 24 or 31 miles on the course for my 50 in July. Sunny but chilly!  It’s going to be below freezing tonight. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Busy day here!! Did the local 5k---1st in my AG. Small crowd--there were several other events today for folks to choose from.

Then went to Mobile with a friend for shopping and knitting--today was World Wide Knit in Public Day, so we took over Starbucks for a couple of hours. Came home and went over to the local quilt shop for their sale.

Whew!

Ginny--I hope a little rest will cure the twinge.

Damaris--wow! I didn't realize housing was so high in Miami!

Later!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There are some cheaper apartments for rent on that list ($2K or so, but for less than 1000ft).  We are lucky that our house is 1600sq ft.  Not sure on the mortgages on those homes because 10 years ago when the market collapse, my $270K townhouse was valued at $450K so could be these houses were past the million then.  The new stuff is expensive (or at least they try to be).  Maybe that will help the value of mine if/when we sell it.

Damaris

Kilmisters

Karen, I really wanted to argue about usage of "old ladies'' then saw ''museums, shows'' part and changed my mind. Joking, of course Smile How young are the young neighbors? 10pm for just getting the party started on regular basis sounds tiring.

Margaret, any day that involves brewery can be called productive. Any. Did you beer-carb-load before today's LR? Smile Below freezing? Wth?

Sue, congrats!

Didn't sleep well last night; sore legs and lower back pain. It was a tough course yesterday, but didn't expect anything like this.

World Cup (soccer) is starting next week! So it means printing out Karen's training plan again, this time to add notes at which exact hours to schedule runs to see the most games Smile

dhuffman63

Trails

I helped DH install the tower for the internet at the new house and was just wiped out so instead of 3 hours walking I napped for 3 hours.  I think I needed the break more than the training.  5 days a week may be too much for me.  I may just go back to 4 days.

Kilmisters

I helped DH install the tower for the internet at the new house and was just wiped out so instead of 3 hours walking I napped for 3 hours.  I think I needed the break more than the training.  5 days a week may be too much for me.  I may just go back to 4 days.

I laughed more than I should have at this. Sounds like a deserved rest, tho! 5 days a week is a lot, so nothing wrong w going back to 4!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Yesterday was so much fun but it was a long day. Had an awesome time at my brothers and with baby Emerson! He is in the ... pounding the table with his hands phase. LOL. So cute. It was nice to see the family too. HCF and I asked my brother and SIL if they wanted to be in the wedding..they of course said yes and are excited. My SIL got us a congratulations cake and a TON of bridal magazines! She is sweet. My dad loved his grill brush and wine store gift card LOL.

We ended up coming home last night. We left at 11 and got home at 1am! HCF wanted to be home to get yard work done before it rains again this afternoon. He is having a hard time getting the grass cut and weeding done because it just rains here everyday now.

Doing the usual chores today..grocery store..laundry...I seem to be coming down with some sort of crud (thanks for that term Kathryn!)..my throat was scratchy yesterday but thought it was from that nicotine..but I am not feeling too great today. Naps are in order!

OH the hair looks FAB. Just super blonde..looks good with my tan. LOL.

Ginny - I am sorry that your back is bothering you again. Are you still going to the Chiro regularly?? Hoping you can get those 5 miles in tomorrow. Get out of that funk! Smile

Docket - OMG Miami is expensive!!!

Laura - Exciting that DS is graduating!!! I am jealous of your weather. Hope the wedding was fun!

Kathryn - Ugh, you reminded me that the grocery store is on my todo list for today. UGH I DONT WANNA!! Nice job on the miles and good luck in Austin if we don’t see you!

Kilmisters - WOW, congratulations on the race! That sounds tough. Hmm..too bad you didnt know ahead of time about the terrain. I bet some KT tape would have helped with the ankle. How is it feeling now? I would have broken a foot. LOL. Get some rest today!

Karen - Awe, sounds like extroverting was worth it Smile Is it an all ladies group? I guess it wouldn’t matter since your DH doesn’t like to play games Smile Awesome on the walker coach and more baby run/walkers!!! Don’t know HOW you did a sub 9 in that HEAT. NO NO NO. AW so happy your dad likes his gift!!! When are you going to see them again?

Tessa - OH you are doing Shadow?! Hope you kicked some ass!

Margaret - Excuse me, did you say BELOW FREEZING?! I AM ON MY WAY!!! Haha Smile Sunny and chilly sounds like perfect weather for 24-31 miles. WOW. Thats a lot of miles! Cant wait to see pictures. Are you planning on heading back home Sunday? Or are you taking Monday off? LOVED THAT SIGN you posted on the FB page. HCF got a laugh out of that. Last year he dragged me to a gun show, and when we pulled up there were a lot of women there and we were confused. LOL. Like, women dressed up. Come to find out part of the show hall was a gun show..and the other part was a bridal show! LOL. If that ever happened again, I am sure he would come with me Smile Twin Cities training starts in about 2 weeks. Its a 16 week plan..hoping to get some 65 mile weeks in there. We will see. I felt so awful at Fargo..I doubt I will try for a sub 4…but a PR would be nice Smile

Susan - Congrats on the AG win!!!

Diane - Sounds like you needed the rest!! You are in peak weeks now, right? Those weeks are tough. They make you want to sleep ALL. THE. TIME. That is normal! But Kilmisters is right, nothing wrong with going back to 4 days a week.

I am interested to see how Ruger acts with Emerson when they are here next weekend - yesterday he was still pretty scared of him! Weird!

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2