Womens Running

Woot Woot, it's the Weekend (dailies) (Read 18 times)

LC Runs

We made it to Saturday, whoo hoo!

LC Runs

Definitely glad it's the weekend, I need a work break!

I've had a nice running week with the daylight, I know that's waning each day so I'm enjoying it now.  4 miles yesterday and not sure what I'll do today, I'm thinking of running for an hour so around 6 miles.

I scheduled by covid booster - we went out to dinner with out two sets of neighbors last night and one of the ladies (works at the middle school) said she went to Walmart, so I got online last night and answered the questions (which were worded more broadly than other places) and it's scheduled for Thursday.  I'm glad because we're traveling to Nashville the first week of December (flying) and was really wanting to get this done before that trip.

Also, HR finally came out with the covid mandate information and basically gave dates for when you have be fully vaccinated (12/31) and so when you would need to have the first dose of Moderna, Phfizer or J/J.  There are forms for religious or medical exemptions but they are not auto approved and you have to have a lot of legitimate information (like you have to have an actual allergy to covid ingredients or proof of a serious medical condition, etc).  So, this is going to get really interesting to see who sticks around....

Lizzie - good luck today, I know you will do great!  You are an amazing woman!!

CC - awesome on the virtual Half!  Have fun cheering today!!

Kat - have a fantastic time!  Glad the travel went smoothly!  I read that today is Wine Tourism Day so you're trip is timely!!

Sandy - so glad you checked in! Oh, Ft Myers is great, we went there Feb 2018, definitely something to look forward to!!  Your Lily is so cute!

Karen - whoo hoo on the house - love the picture!  It may take a bit to remember what it's like to have space lol

Sue - enjoy the baby shower!! Your family just keeps growing, that's so fun!

Kathi - ugh, sorry for the restless night Thursday - hope your Friday was manageable!

Cathy - I agree that the 5k will likely be cold/snowy/windy....but at least it will be over quickly!!  Ugh, the dreaded S word - I actually drove through some wet snow yesterday (rainy here but more sleet/snow north of me), the roads were fine but I was just like, "and so it begins   TF is a machine!  Did he go back to work or did he decide to retire?  I vote for the retire ha ha.

Hi Damaris - how's the calf doing?

Margaret - you always have such fun adventures - cute picture!!

Nothing much going on for me today...oldest DD is here for a couple of days so we'll likely just hang out between her visiting other people.  Today looks to be cold and gloomy, so a nap may be in order this afternoon!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Woke super early for our running group annual picture (we all wear FRC gear and meet for that). Everybody else went to run after that but I behaved and didn't. We should be getting 1/2" of snow tomorrow so I might be tempted to run then but the calf is not ready I think. I've been doing Barre and it's doing well during it but I feel like it's still tight or gets tired faster. I shall try scraping it today. Watch out for screams and tears.

Laura, good luck with your booster shot!

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hello.

I'm so stupid. I accidentally locked my fb account on Thursday and can't retrieve it. There's apparently ways to get back in but the sites keep sending me back to the beginning.  I can always create a new account but my photos will be lost (you can't even find my account if you're a friend supposedly until I unlock it but again...I can't do it). So if you get new friend requests from me in a week  or so it is me. Ugh.

Anyway....10 miles today. And they went well.  I managed to pull off a progressive run at a faster than normal long run pace for me. Wheeeee.  Tonight hubby and I are going to see the James Bond movie for my birthday (yes,  it's today. I'm 54 today. One more year and I am eligible for senior discounts. Lol). It's first time at movies in two years.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Fun little local 5k this morning. It was at a golf course and mostly on the cart paths. Rolling hills with a big (like 15% grade) uphill at the end. I was the sixth chick and first in my age group. 23:19, so fastest in awhile, and with the hills and a bunch of turns I am super happy with that. 45 degree weather helped a lot. I doubt I'll ever get in the 21s again, but possibly into the 22s. I just looked at the age percentage column in the results and I don't know how they calculate it, but I had the highest percentage, even better than the 17:45 winner (17 yo kid, so). Not that anyone but me would ever look at that column.

Anyway, after the race I went to breakfast with my realtor and a couple of her friends. They were nice and it was fun to talk running and to talk to other people. Long run planned for tomorrow.

Liz, I saw from the Strava that not only did you finish the half, you ran well and finished strong! Nice comeback race, momma!

cc, also saw you and the kiddos were spectating, thanks for being out there! Did you see Liz?

Laura, running in daylight is something to celebrate. Glad you're signed up for the booster. Have fun with DD this weekend.

Damaris, good job not running today!

Lori, nice run this morning! That sucks on the fb account. Hope you're able to recover it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

In case you're not on FB.  These are for real.  Ever so minimal photoshopping, primarily to crop and straighten.  The colors were phenomenal.  Dunno what my iPhone did to make it so stunning, cause I didn't do anything!  These were from a sunset cruise.  Kinda meh, except for the actual sunset which was wow.  Tonight, I was going to go to a dinner, but I think I might just chill in my room instead.  I have plenty of wine, and had quite a bit on the boat.  They served "green wine."  No, it wasn't green as expected, but rather newly made.  Good.  Well, the stuff at lunch was a wee bit better than the free stuff on the boat.

Tomorrow is a day trip to Sintra.  Not sure what I am going to do, the minivan leaves at 8:30 and Starbucks doesn't open until 8:30, ugh.

Laura, glad you have your booster scheduled!  I am quite happy to be getting mine next week.

Damaris, smart not to run.  Snow, you must be in heaven.

Lori, what a pain to be locked out.  Good run!  Aaaaaaand, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Karen, look at you, already fitting into your new place and neighborhood.

Lizzie, congrats on the race!!!

Ok, that's it.  Have a good weekend peeps.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Damaris - probably good you skipped the run today and blech on snow tomorrow 

Lori - Happy Birthday!!  We are the same age!  I get AARP stuff all.the.time!  Ugh on the FB account, hope you get that figured out!

Karen - speedy 5k - way to go!!

Kat - stunning pics!!

Anonymous Guest

Lori, oops, I totally missed the part where you said it's your birthday! Happy Birthday! 54 is a good age, but I'm looking forward to 55, a new age group and an extra ten minutes of BQ time. Enjoy the movie.

Liz, from yesterday, this is my shirt.

Speaking of, if you or anyone want anything on that website (I own SO SO MUCH), you can get 10% off with the discount code KARENFSM.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Birthday, Lori!!! Hoping you can get your FB account back. Sad

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oops, I forgot the rest of what I was going to post, ha.

Karen, great job on the race!

Kat, that sundown is gorgeous!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles this afternoon. Probably the least sucky run I've had in a while. Still coughing, but not the full-body feeling cough I had on Tuesday.

LCRuns, DH has been getting flyers for one of the retirement communities for quite a while now. I think he may have gone to an event when a neghbor's mom lived there and got on a mailing list. I have to admit, the e-mails I get from them (after MIL visited) have some nicec sound meals at their sales events--filet & crab cakes! They also had a Cinco De Mayo event with booze. I didn't pay much attention to the exemptions, but I know for flu shots at work, if you claim religious exemption, you need a religious leader to sign off. They don't make it easy.

Docket, there will be more snow....

BerthaSlayer, Happy Birthday! Enjoy the movies, I couldn't tell you the last time I've been in a movie theater, it's been years.

AnonymousGuest, nice 5k! I feel like I've seen a race that does some awards based on age grading.

KatS, wow, that is beautiful! When I saw boat & green, i was thinking it was how I would fell on a boat. New wine sounds much better.

Lizzie, nice race!

ccoakley

Liz, awesome race!  Such a perfect morning for it too! I'm dying to know how they handled the farmers market? I had some pangs of regret when I ran the virtual that I gave up on marathon training in Jul, it's just so hard here in the summer. I was just looking into Va Beach logistics the other day....

LC runs, nice run in the daylight.  Congrats on the booster, going thru Walgreens this time was way easier than the Va health dept.  Enjoy your visit with DD!

Damaris, very smart to skip the run but oh so frustrating.

Lori, wow 10 mi this soon after your marathon is no joke!  Impressive! Happy birthday!

Kats, awesome picture! Sounds like a really amazing trip again.

Karen, congrats on the AG win!  Very cool you're getting to meet other runners in the neighborhood.

HCK, awesome you had a better run.

Cathy, a hooded sweatshirt for a 5k is a really good deal.  At least it'll be over quickly.  Richmond is a really fun one, the crowds really come out for it.

Sandy, good to hear from you!  You've been having lots of great runs lately.  These Fri afternoon meetings are ridiculous for you.  FL sounds like a great getaway for you.

Gatsby, wow pretty amazing trip.  And so impressive you can run those trails even if you're not in shape. Enjoy the rest!

Spectating was super fun.  The HM course is the 2nd half of the full so no Liz sightings. We got there just before the lead pace motorcycles and stayed until the sweeper truck.  I'm not sure I've ever watched all the runners before.  Such a wide range of so many things....people having the time of their lives, people struggling at mi 4, people way overdressed, the elites making it look effortless.  

I did an easy 8 afterwards sticking to my neighborhood so I wouldn't cross the marathon route.  Technically I can take a RD tomorrow and not fall behind my catch up goals but the hamstring is feeling good so we'll see.  I am not used to my Garmin wanting me to run harder/more so it must be a good sign I'm taking it easy enough.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

LC Runs

Karen - that shirt is great!

Kathi - nice 3.5!  Hmmm, I might want to live there - fancy food and booze?!   Yeah, the exemption forms are not going to be easy to get approved, which is good!

Kilmisters

I'm back Smile Well, I was 24hrs ago, but had to take some rest from having rest, haha! Getting ready for my run now (last 7 days have been 3 running and 4 rest days). I had an awesome time, and after the locked-down Latvia, it felt like such a freedom! There wasn't a single afternoon/evening we'd stay indoors, it was either watching F-1 at sports bar, going to cinema, dinner at burger place, anything but indoors! I guess more story time tomorrow or late today, I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF to manage at home before I feel it's back to normal life (incl. work, bleh).

Lockdown ends tomorrow in Latvia, no more curfew hours, HoReCa sector open for vaccinated, same for shopping malls. <3 We're thinking about dinner out on Tuesday.

Ok, off to get in my running layers!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! We had a dusting of snow so of course I went out and tested the calf. I ran in fear the whole 2 miles but nothing happened. I need to relax a bit more that my body won't self-explode, ha. Barre or Pilates later.

HCK, hope your next run is better.

CC, nice job spectating and with your 8.

Liz, congratulations!

Elina, glad you had a great time. Good luck on your run!

Damaris