Womens Running

Thankful For Spring (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I think I see it  coming...not sure.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

This cold thing that we are all passing around at work is settling on me. I cannot keep warm. Lots of chills. I may call my doc's office. This needs to be very under control by my time off a week from Sunday. I got some Mucinex DM and a nasal puffer decongestant from my doc for times like this.

Yesterday I did a quick 15 minute cardio DVD. It feels good to keep moving.

Possible track run today. I'll see how I feel after work.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Hope your cold goes away quickly!

Lisa - Good conversation vibes being sent!!!

Did not get to run last night...spent 2 hours on the computer AFTER work doing "charts"....only to have an error message pop up and looks as if none of it went through    But am running with RB after work tonight.  That gets me through the day!

Hi to all!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Lisa, good vibes being sent. I'd wish you luck but you don't need it. Instead, I'll hope for the other side of your conversation to have the good sense to be as impressed with you as we all are.

I completely and totally blew off my run last night. This is the last big week of training (last 20 miler this weekend) before Boston. And I just couldn't get out the door. It took longer than expected to pick up my phone, then I was messing around with new phone, and it was really windy, and cold, and I was tired, and I just didn't want to do it. Now I have to decide if I'm just going to let it go, or if I'm going to try to make it up on my rest day. I'm actually leaning towards just letting it go.

Darn it Judy! I hope the cold thing moves on quickly.

Carol, I hear you on the not running last night!

First impressions of new phone - much better than old phone. At least when internet-surfing on the metro. But I think I spent most of my commute trying to remember usernames and passwords for various apps and websites!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

SugarLand

Lisa - good vibes being sent to you - Good Luck

Karen I agree with you - I usually go by myself to see my Mother I realize there is nothing for DH to do - you can always come to Houston and we can start looking at houses one of my favorite things to do - congrats on your promotion you will do a wonderful job

Judy - hope you feel better soon

Did my taxes yesterday then went and ran my frustrations out on the TM - DH is retired I make a pretty good living but here we go again having to pay thousands again - I know selling the boat and paying off the house did not help but really! I am very thankful for the life DH and I have!!! - venting is over thanks for listening - plus I am max out on my contributions to my 401K

Ginny spring will come - it is here in Houston

Hi to everyone else have a blessed and wonderful day

SugarLand

Karen - What phone did you get - I am thinking about replacing my phone

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good vibes to Lisa

hope you feel better Judy

Sugarland dh and I are with you on the taxes. We end sorta even. We owe federal but get back state. We pay quarterly on the Federal so we don't have to pay a big chunk each April. I'd actually rather pay then get a refund. Now if the govt gave us interest on the money if we got a refund then that would be different. To me it is mine so I would rather keep it then give it to them interst free and they give it back to me only after I fill out a bunch of papers. I guess our with holdings are about right if we end at about a wash between state and federal

Karen just let it go. No reason to make it up. You won't Lise or gain any fitness by missing one run

Carol love EMR.......um yes.....

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Karen - What phone did you get - I am thinking about replacing my phone

Another iPhone - the 5s. I looked at the other brands, but they all just seem really big and I have a hard enough time trying to fit my phone in somewhere if I feel like I need to take it on a run as it is.

I will definitely let you know when the move to TX happens. You're north of town right? We'll probably be looking at The Woodlands, Spring, etc.

And oh, that reminds me, we won't have a "second home mortgage" deduction from the boat next year either - we sold ours as well. We ended up getting back about $400 total (federal and state, I am looking forward to the no state taxes part of Texas), if I don't change anything we'll probably owe next year.

Marjorie, you're right, I know. I may just run a few easy miles tonight. I'll probably have trouble getting all my runs in while at our spring meeting, plus I've been eating like I'm running 20 miles every day!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!  I mis-read my training schedule this morning and only ran 2 miles instead of 3.  Oh well.  I kinda like taper week.

Lisa--sending good vibes your way!

Judy--I hope you are not coming down with the office yuck.

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have a cold since last Thursday, bah. Hubby now has bronchitis.  Still, I'm exercise.  7 miles on the TM while working from home.

Judy, you too?  Damn work.

Carol, I hate computers sometimes.  Especially PCs.

Karen, sorry about the run.  Hope your mojo comes back.

Sugar, we pay thousands every year no matter what we do.

Marjorie, it's nice to see your miles back on track.

Sue, 2, 3, almost the same!

Back after a meeting.

Damaris

We'll see but went well. May soon be taking a trip to the Lehigh Valley area of PA.  I didn't ask about free entries but will eventually.

From a passion perspective, dream job if the rest falls in place.

Oh and just under 4 miles in and out of Central Park for a the appropriate amount of running good vibes too.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I didn't run. No biggie. With several auditors showing up to facilities I need to be at my computer. I can take my phone with me but if they need something I can't get to it immediately if I'm a mike from home.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, if the job pans out, do we see another forum migration in our future? Hope it does for your sake!

Taxes -- I get enough taken out to get back both federal and state. I don't like owing and I don't usually have enough money to be able to write a check for the balance owed if we do owe. Especially since my contracting income is irregular.

Susan, I would be unhappy at a flat tire. One reason I don't bike.

Karen, RN is wave 3, corral 4. I won't post her number on here because I don't want to out her on a public forum. I would tell DH to suck it up and go to his mom's and uncle's by himself.

It was chilly here this morning -- low 40s. And windy. Did 4.5 miles with RN anyway. And 4 last night after getting back from an all-day meeting in San Diego, because I have a client visit at noon today and choir practice tonight. And at some point I hope to be able to pick up the van after its license plate bracket has been welded back on, and I need to drop a prescription off for DS. Crazy busy life.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Surveyor left. So I ran 5.3. Took my phone just in case.

Tessa nice run. 40s is a bit low for you, isn't it?

Forum migration hmmm yes if they fix the ad problem. I will go wherever everyone else goes. I can't have a pop up blocker on my work system and right now they have layer upon layer upon later of obnoxious ads that are freezing some peoples systems. At least on my ipad it is just one so I can click out but some people it is bad.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Surveyor left. So I ran 5.3. Took my phone just in case.

Tessa nice run. 40s is a bit low for you, isn't it?

Forum migration hmmm yes if they fix the ad problem. I will go wherever everyone else goes. I can't have a pop up blocker on my work system and right now they have layer upon layer upon later of obnoxious ads that are freezing some peoples systems. At least on my ipad it is just one so I can click out but some people it is bad.

Are we leaving?

Damaris