Womens Running

Warm Me Up Monday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- just made plans to go to my Dad's sunday when it will be just me, him, and Reid so I can talk to him. Dad doesn't take stuff well so, wish me luck.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR2- 5 ridiculously hilly miles from my first PT client's house this morning after her session. I haven't run in that area in ages, and I enjoyed the change of scenery and challenge of the hills. Felt strong today.

zorbs- enjoy the recovery day- congrats again on your PR! ewww on the moldy pumpkin, glad that B was ok with throwing it away. lol on him directing DH running. I think i'd be more than ok with a 3-day weekend/ 4-day work routine.

reh- rest, ice, roll. hope you can get all of your chores done today. one of my PT clients refers to herself as a "domestic goddess" lol.  ha, sometimes I think I love running TOO much.

mrszm- we don't have a TM, but I really think i'm going to want one after baby #2 is born! how are you feeling?

Ernie- oooh a 10-mile race sounds fun! lol on S streaking thru the house. R always runs away from me when I get him stripped. usually he runs to the bathroom though. ugh on the late night- enjoy your acupuncture and nap!

CA- enjoy your SRD! peak mileage week for you? ugh on M's moods- toddlers! glad that O is feeling better- R was the same way as a baby- I could never hand him off to anyone else to get a break. good luck with the job hunt DH ripped the entire ceiling down to run electric (no overhead lighting in there), as well as heat to the upstairs.

spike- great run yesterday! lol on R asking you what you're doing. enjoy the boss-free work time! R seems to have adjusted already- thank goodness!

nola- yay for running every other day! you're making great progress. UGH on the 3AM wakeup. I hope A adjusts soon. ha, we're actually still deciding on a color, but it will be fairly neutral as we're planning to buy new furniture next year and want to have a bigger selection with that.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - thankfully B doesn't ask too many questions. I'm sure our pumpkin would have lasted longer outside, but B insisted on it in the kitchen.

nola - I will be writing my RR this afternoon during B's music class, so I'll post a link to it tomorrow.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

zmzm - HI!!  A new TM, exciting!  I have no advice since I don't have one, but I hope you find something great.

ernie - Another 10miler?!  Are there a lot of these around?  Seems like a random distance for us Canadians.  haha on S streaking!  Do most of your friends have kids too, or are you the only ones w. kids?

CA - hope you get a call back for the job!  Kind of exciting!  I really need to get back to STing.  I will do it after the marathon (probably should have done it during, but it was just too much for me right now). Funny how kids can go from driving you crazy to making you laugh in a matter of minutes.

spike - DD2 can't get the hang of the number 5 for some reason.  Hope you can get a lot of work done this week.

nola - yay on the running progress!  Are you completely pain-free now?  Yikes on the 3am wake up - does she go back to sleep okay?

rg - yay on the hilly run!  I think hills and tempos are my fave - long run is my least favourite.  I love the domestic goddess thing!

nolamama

CQTM

r-eh: I just turned off the monitor and when I checked it a couple hours later she was asleep. Who know how long she was up.  At least she wasn't screaming...just chatting away.  I'm pain free so far!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - fingers crossed that you can have some good communication with your dad.

RG - Yup, peak week!  Wow those are some big/messy reno's, I bet you're looking forward to the completion!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

RR: 7.5 m total. 2m w/u w/plyo and strides. I feel I can lift my knees higher and get in a lot more butt kicks than before. Definitely feel fitter. Then I did 1.5m of 'ins and outs', 3 laps of track sprinting bends, learning to lean into curve and knee positioning/hip flexor stretch and then jog straights. Then switch, running straights super hard into wind and then jogging bends. Then 6x150s gradually increasing to all out. Learnt to run on my toes and sprinting really felt like all my plyo drills put together. It was awesome.

NRR: playing with DS on all his new toys. DH bought him this. Seriously, we have a miniature ride on train and track in our house. I would NEVER in a million years buy this for him, but DH was all about it. I am too practical and all about learning. I guess that's why we make a good team.

TR: super needy. Can't go 5 minutes without my full attention. Nothing else is getting done. Sigh.

FR: crock pot chili.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Rg – yay for your rest day – I know you might not feel like it, but your body will LOVE it this week!

Zorbs – super congrats on your PR! You aced it lady! GREAT JOB! Very proud of you.

Eh – Super congrats on your very speedy 5k race. You ROCKED it. You really are my running heroine! Please divulge all your secrets as to how you are so fast. I want to be as fast as you! I try my best every day!!! Do tell!!

Ernie – laughing at your late night adventures – sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you can get some time to relax today.

CA – I have my fingers crossed for you and your job application. Good luck! Glad to hear everyone is on the mend. How are you feeling after your big running weeks?

Spike – I read all your posts last week about your progress with your fam etc. You are doing such a fantastic job working through everything. I am so impressed with your dedication and courage to tackle everything head on. Great job girlie. I will be wishing you great good luck vibes on Sunday when you see your dad. You would cringe as I was a coward in jo-anns and bought double fusible batting for bermy blanket – how bad is that – such a wuss…

Nola – hey lady! How’s it going?! Yay for running every other day!

running eh

bermy - is D still napping or has he given that up completely?  I am in the kitchen cooking, baking and facebooking right now, but DD2 is sleeping and the other two are at school.  As much as I love those cuddly phases, it's nice to get something done.  Thanks for the encouragement on the 5k.  The only advice I have is pick a mainly flat race and line up at the front.  I do wonder about two things though - would I have been faster or slower without the garmin and would I have been able to keep up with the woman that finished about 7 sec ahead of me.  She passed me near the beginning and I never caught her again.  I ran my own race and didn't even try to catch her.  As for the watch I was often shocked when I looked at the pace and then I would worry about maintaining it.  It did kick me in the pants a few times too, when I had slowed down.  I think I may try garminless if I do another one.  Do you race w.. the garmin?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - I had two peak weeks in a row (75-80 km's ish) and by the end of the second I was feeling the distance, I'm hoping that I can nail things this week since I only have one big week and then taper.  I know I've trained as hard as I can for this race, and there's not much to do but get out there and see where that gets me. My DH is also way more into buying things, I'd get rid of half the toys in the house, and give very simple things for gifts but DH loves getting fun new things, which also makes us a good team I think.  Sorry about the needy toddler, O was like that last week and it was exhausting!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

eh - my kitchen is right outside DSs room and as soon as I start to move around/cook he wakes up. I make dinner when DH bathes DS the night before, put it all in the crock pot, then put it on in the morning and repeat. I think he has FOMO (fear of missing out). I run with a garmin but I am am just learning how to use it/read it. Was your course flat and fast? Did you place?

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - omg B would love that ride on train.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

zorbs - he could put lamby and his moldy pumpkin in the carriage... that's good to hear as I often wonder how long these things will last. I start to lecture DH with such and then think, bermy, just shut up.

Erniegirl

Whoops...turns out my acupuncture appointment is tomorrow, not today. Luckily they sent my a reminder email just as I was getting in my car, so I didn't drive there for no reason. Sadly that meant there was no nap for me today.

~~~~~

rg - Boo to the 5 am wake up! Hopefully he gets the memo that it's still dark and night time and needs to sleep later tomorrow. Yay on your living room being almost done!

zorbs - Hmm, I like the sounds of 5k downhill (other than the post-race trashed quads). Maybe I should come do that race next year. Yuck on the black mould pumpkin! Ours are sitting on our front steps so I'm pretty sure they are frozen. I'm not feeling hungover, just really tired...but interesting that your bedtime concoction left you so energetic. I could use some of that!

eh - Good idea to rest the foot. Your super fast running on the weekend probably wore on it a bit - hopefully it's as good as new tomorrow! I think 10 milers are fairly rare around here. I did one in June, but because of a screwed up course it only turned out to be a 15k, so this will be my first legit 10 miler. I'd say about half of our friends have kids...but none of the friends that were here late last night do.

CA - I love making my abs pay! Hope O isn't as fussy today. It is so mentally draining when they need your attention every minute. Exciting about the job application. Crossing my fingers for you!

Bermy - Are these knee and butt kicks done while running? At my last 5k there was a track team there and they were running around doing butt kicks and such to warm up. I was kind of tempted to try but didn't want to hurt and/or embarrass myself before the race. Lol. Sorry about the fussiness - thank goodness for the crock pot, eh?

spike - Hope you can convince DH to do some house stuff. Same problem here - DH works so much that sometimes he doesn't want to spend his days off doing house stuff...so we have several mostly finished projects that are driving me crazy. Yup, S has always been a night owl. Upside is that she sleeps until 7 or 8 am. Except, you'd think the time change would mean she'd go to bed earlier and instead has been up until 11 pm the past two nights and still waking at 7 am.

nola - Oh, the dreaded at 3 am playtime!  S has tried that one before, too. Is it the Pfitz returning from injury plan that you're doing right now?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

bermy - smart way to make dinner!  Sounds much less stressful that way!  I was second in my age group - but 14th woman.  There were some speedy young runners from a local university there.  It was pretty flat - it had three smallish inclines.  The worst part was the turn around - it's hard to get going again after running around a pylon!  That train really cracks me up!  Can he do it himself or do you have to do it with him?

ernie - glad you didn't drive there for nothing!!