Womens Running

Warm Me Up Monday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

BermyHorse

eh - it gets dinner on the table but I really miss cooking fun, cool new recipes and variety/texture. I just bought a new clean eating mag this month and there are so many new things I want to try... I think I just need to be patient. Wow 13 other women ran 20 or less - that is a stacked talented field! Did you get any swag? Did you get that lactic acid feeling? How did you work through it? Yes to working the train on his own. he is really interested in the mechanics so he examines all the parts that move and experiments with "what would happen if..." like, "what would happen if I put bunny on the train track".

Ernie - I do those exercises as drills before running. I am sure there are a ton of videos on the internet on it. How do you make dinner with S around?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- why did you buy fusible batting? It might give your quilt a crunchy/stiff feel.   That toy train is awesome, R would pee himself if I bought that for him. On a side note, I have absolutely no idea what to buy R for Christmas since his godmother has her eye on a bike for him already.  Yeah, something's got to be done with my dad. I love him and want to spend time with him, and want him to be a grandpa to R, but I can't deal with the weird negative dynamic at the big family gatherings. My stepsister already barely talks to me because she's pissy that DH won't go to family functions, she's going to shit a brick when I stop going. SHe is a bitter, bitter person and I'm scared that she will actually go through with her plan of artificial insemination and single parenthood.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

eh - Ugh, I hate those turn arounds! My PR 5k race has a pylon turn around like that at the 2k point. I've done the race three times and every time, I never fully regain my speed after that stupid turn around. Maybe it's a good idea to do speed work with turn arounds in the middle of the intervals. Although that would immediately become my least favourite workout!

Bermy - I try to prep a bit during her nap. Then, when it's time to cook, I set her up at the table with crayons, finger paints, whatever, which keeps her entertained for about 10 minutes. Then I just have to deal with her trying to climb all over me like a monkey for the rest. I love cooking, but there are definitely some nights when I want to throw in the towel!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

spike - i got fusible as it was for beginners and looked like I could skip that hand basting/pinning stuff. no? I got a traditional one too. Think I should conduct a little experiment before I use it on the topper I have so lovingly and painstakingly machine sewed? I hate that thanksgiving/xmas brings up all my family issues. Can't I just skip to January and be done with it all?

BermyHorse

spike - can you post that link again pls? It's not working.

running eh

bermy - I got a medal for second in my age group, but I wish I had just left it there.  We usually throw out our medals anyway (a few have made it to the kids' dressup box) so I don't know why I picked it up -   it was pouring rain and I felt bad that no one was picking up those medals.  I imagine I may have more attachment to a marathon medal though.  I had a funny feeling in my arms when I finished and I thought of you - that must be what you talk about when you say lactic acid buildup in your arms!!  During the race I felt good - I was mainly worried I wouldn't be able to hold the pace, but it was fine - it was that finishing kick that finished me off - I was hanging onto the fence once I finished and the medical people came over to make sure I was okay.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I have come to dread the holidays, especially since dad accidentally put me in the ER on Christmas 2 years ago by bringing me nut bread. I'm sick of it, and I don't want R to dislike the holidays. Look on the packaging and see if the fusible adhesive is water soluable, if it is, it will wash away in a couple washes. The pinning/basting really isn't hard.   The other thing you have to worry about with fusibles + knits is puckering due to the inherent stretch in the knit fabric. If you used flatweaves, it wouldn't concern me as much, but I know you are partial to cotton jersey.

BermyHorse

spike - think this is an acceptable bermy blanket or are bermy blankets quilted. Don't want to diverge from tradition and do something radical. Was thinking for froggie as I completely skipped her in my blanket planning... I found some super super soft white wool from bernat and it takes about 6 balls of single basket stitch (not sure what the US call it - oh, I think you guys call it seed stitch?)

superspike113

Honorary Old

BermyHorse

eh - when I train with my coach, she pushes me so hard that I have that arm feeling across the whole of my body and I can't even concentrate. It tingles so badly. It's that I have to work on as it's such a new feeling for me. I am glad you were ok holding onto the fence, but I coulnd't help laughing that you said the emergency people came to see if you were ok. Imagine "yup, I am EMT, I do this for fun".

spike - will try everything you suggest. I can totally see where the food anxiety comes from though - you must have to be so freakin careful. That's an every moment or every day kinda worry. Hugs x

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - think this is an acceptable bermy blanket or are bermy blankets quilted. Don't want to diverge from tradition and do something radical. Was thinking for froggie as I completely skipped her in my blanket planning... I found some super super soft white wool from bernat and it takes about 6 balls of single basket stitch (not sure what the US call it - oh, I think you guys call it seed stitch?)

From my personal preference  fabric blanket>crochet/knit blanket. Little fingers and toes get stuck in the yarn loops.  BUT, that being said, you are doing a sweet thing and no one should ever complain about a gift they receive.

BermyHorse

spike - should add becky's topper is flannel but there is no stretch. I am branching out of jersey now...

superspike113

Honorary Old

I took my car to the tire place to get the tires rotated and they said they needed to be replaced. There goes $800 :/ at least the car will be paid off this month!

BermyHorse

spike - yikes - but that's super important especially with winter coming up and the weather and grip and traction and all that safety stuff. Completely hadn't thought about yarn loops. I think I have time to whip up another fabric topper. Need to get some more material. Any excuse...