Womens Running

Walk it out WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its National Walking Day!

I was thinking this morning - I wonder how many additional steps you need if you ran? Is it still 10,000?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

12.3 for me. Last 2 were fast.

Another great run and another stomach upset. Sigh. I did eat dinner earlier last night but I am sure it will take a while for my stomach to adjust. I will keep trying it and see how it goes! Other than that the run was good. Still contemplating my LR for tomorrow (20 miles). It will depend how my legs feel by the end of the day today. I have so much to do tomorrow it will be nice to just have the run done so I can wind down Friday..but then again, maybe with having so much to do I should just keep it Friday. We will see. My achilles has been very angry. It depends on that!

Woke up irritated this morning. HCF just making a lot of noise when he got home from work at 3am. Couldn't go back to sleep after that. Plus im stressed and need his help on some things but he sleeps all day because of this work schedule right now. UGH.

Flyby from me..I have to hit the road! Have a good day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I had a horrible interval workout yesterday and I quit before the third interval was done. Couldn't breathe.  So, live to fight another day. I have 10 tonight.

Liz, sorry about the stomach issues.

Damaris

Just not feeling it.  Slept in.

Cathy--January races on the coast---check out Blues Marathon in Jackson, Mobile Marathon (Used to be First Light Marathon, but I think this year they changed the name), and New Orleans Rock and Roll is in early February. Also--Seaside HM in Seaside, FL is in February.  A bit $$$ but very beautiful.  Near Destin.

Thanks Karen! I'll check out the grout cleaner. I need all the help I can get.

So yesterday DH took the new riding mower for a spin and cut the grass. Works great, then he noticed all the fine stuff floating on the pool that fell through the screen.   Hopefully, the vacuum got it all.

This moving business--I feel so overwhelmed.

Taking the afternoon off to take a load to new house and then hang out w new grandbaby and bring a light supper.

Have a great day!

Bikerchick1

Liz - Ugh on the stomach upset, Achilles, and about the stress!  Hope things improve!!!

Damarias - I cant imagine dealing with your asthma issues...I have been dealing with a little coughing thing and I can’t believe how it impacts activity!  So, I applaud you for all you do!

Crazysue - Big congratulations on your new grandbaby!!!  I was thinking back how much your life has changed over the past years!  First you had DBF, Then he was DH, followed by grandma x 2, and of course MIL x 2!!

Did a “fun” speedwork yesterday with RB.  Finally got a good nights sleep since NZ last night.  Off to clean my house Sad

Fall plans...anyone going anywhere for a race?  Im halfheartedly, trying to do as many states as possible runnjng HM’s.

Carol

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

5 easy miles on the TM this morning.  Weather was actually decent, 30 and not windy, but I can't get myself motivated to run in the dark yet.  And it seems like way too much laundry for 5 miles.    There is some snow expected tomorrow, but we are supposed to reach 60 during the weekend!  I can't wait.  I got a journal to use during my therapist prescribed "worry time".  She suggested writing things down to get them out of my head.  I am also going to do a gratitude time right after that, and write down some good things that happened during the day, etc.  Just to end things on a positive note and to be able to look at those things when I am feeling down.

Lizzie, I think the running steps count as steps.    Though walkers in the Fitbit challenges sometimes do not like runners.    Nice 12!  Those were speedy miles at the end.  You would have to eat dinner pretty early due to your super early running!  I eat around 6:00 and that seems early.  I hope the achilles calms down!  Sorry about the lack of sleep last night.  How much longer does HCF have this work schedule?

Damaris, sorry about the bad workout.  Hope the 10 tonight goes well!

Sue, thanks for the race recs!  I will look into those.  Have a good afternoon!  The moving will get done and you will be settled in your new home before you know it.  

Tessa, a coyote was running along with you?  I have had dogs do that, but not coyotes!  The kids have been asking to go to Hawaii.  Thanks also for the race recs!  So many races.    Hairy butt crack, eh?  Not what I want to see at work.  Or at all, for that matter.

Sandy, DD's gum was bleeding, the string they tied was so tight against the gums.  I put some hydrogen peroxide on it, I don't want her to get an infection.  She took a tylenol last night and this morning she said she was fine.  She is tough for sure.  She should be a runner!    If you do the negative thought time, make sure you also do the positive thoughts afterwards!  A beer seems like fair payment for your services.  

Carol, I like that you are half heartedly trying for 50 states.    I am half heartedly just running in every state.  

Cathy

Seloc

How is it only Wednesday??  Been another long week.  Rest day for me.  Wish I could have slept in but, oh well.  Got lots of tidying up done this morning haha.

Hoping today is a little more quiet as I’m the only one from my team here.  Planning to run “long” tomorrow.

Damaris – man that sucks about your breathing issues!  Did I see somewhere that this came on in adulthood?  Do you know why?  I feel so bad for you.  Just when you are in a place where you don’t burst into flames outdoors.  How long are you away?

Laura – nice evening miles!  Hey, how did your double digit run go last weekend?  Maybe I missed that.

Tessa – haha, only had time for one beer at my sister’s.  There is plenty still in the fridge.  Ewwww on hairy butt crack guy.  Sounds like something that could happen in my office amongst all these dirty engineers.  Nice to see you getting in your lunchtime miles!!

Lizzie – yep, sister that has the lake place also has a condo in St. Paul.  She’s the rich sister haha.  Because she married a dentist.  They do not rent their place out, just use it when they come down and let others stay on occasion.  Sorry the early dinner didn’t yield better results this morning.  I bet you are right in that it will take some time getting used to.  In the interest of oversharing…  I have trained my body to take care of business as SOON as I wake up in the morning.  Equals empty run which means no emergencies.  It did take a while to get to that, though.  Sorry for the early wake up, too.  How much longer is HCF on nights?

Karen – oh, hey, I looked into that app you mentioned.  Not too many places super convenient to me but I will definitely keep it in mind for next winter when I’m pulling my hair out cuz the weather sucks so much I don’t want to run.

Sue – moving is tiring and overwhelming!  Good cross training.  Like Cathy said, you will be settled before you know it.  Times like that I always think “just wait a couple weeks it’ll be all over and forgotten.  Just gotta get through it and you will!!  One day/thing at a time.  Awww glad you get to see the new little fella.

Carol – Not sure about fall plans.  Can’t decide if I want to do a marathon or not.  If I do, I’m thinking either Twin Cities or Lakefront (Milwaukee).  What states are you pondering for a half?

Cathy – you are turning into Damaris with all that dreadmill running!  Haha.  I guess you get used to it.  30* and I would be all about the outside.  I’ve been loving my headlamp lately.  It is super dark this time of year without much snow to brighten things up.  But, I’m certainly not complaining there!!  It’ll be lighter soon!!  We are supposed to get to the high 60s this weekend!!  With a little rain.  Fine by me if it gets rid of all the big dirty piles.  Ummm, I shall not tell you what time I eat dinner LOL.  Pretty sure I qualify for the early bird senior citizen discount.  OMG on DDs gum!!  And hydrogen peroxide on the open wound??  OMG I am cringing for her!!

Work calls!  Happy Hump Day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris – man that sucks about your breathing issues!  Did I see somewhere that this came on in adulthood?  Do you know why?  I feel so bad for you.  Just when you are in a place where you don’t burst into flames outdoors.  How long are you away?

No, I've had asthma since I was little.  Most likely because my parents were smokers and smoked all over me and around me in my young years.  I spent most of ages 3-7 in the hospital every three months with pneumonia, bronchitis, and all asthma related and probably asthma bouts.  It was quiet for a while until I started working in my office, as that building is toxic in so many ways.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Turtles, I had a lot of dental pain when I was young and in braces. Your DD is really tough to be managing her surgery. I’m sending her :::HUGS:::

Damaris, I have asthma as an adult because of the entire family’s smoking when I was a child. I hear ya.

Lizzie, hope the stomach issues calm down.

Still sore from the shots but did 50 minutes running on the TM with 10 minutes of fast walking. Tylenol helps a lot. The mobility of the shoulders and arms is now improving. At least I only had one recovery. The second shingles shot is a lot easier.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi everyone. I'm terribly behind on what everyone is up to so am going to make this a fly by and then go try to catch up with everyone's shenanigans.

About 36 miles last week with 25 in an indoor arena. 8 laps was one mile. I think I did 201 laps. Not sure

This week so far I've done 2 10k runs. One of them being hills. Both windy.

I've got a tapering question. Please bear with me.... I've 3 races coming up. The Trail hm and Glass City. Same weekend. Neither will be pr attempts. The following weekend is Twilight Zone 24 hour which i'm hoping will be a mileage pr but also an attempt at maintaining an overall 18mm. This is what i'm basing whether or not I can do woodstock 100 mile vs 100k. So normally I would start to taper soon. BUT I've been sort of following a plan that would lead me to a 100 mile race (easier course than woodstock) in July so it does not have me tapering. I've not registered for it but might depending on if I am not able to complete my goal at Twilight Zone. So..... do I taper for Glass City or not?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lori, it depends on whether the 100 is your goal race. If you want to try a good Glass instead, then yes. But if you want to be as prepared for the 100, then follow the plan.

I am of no help.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Honestly my best effort at glass city will be a finish. I've zero speed left. My main concern was the 24 hour race which isn't my goal race BUT will determine whether or not I drop to 100k in September. I guess the 24 hour is the one i'm mostly concerned about at this point. My plan has 24-26 mile long runs each weekend leading up to Glass City. Again,  my goal at Glass City is to finish regardless if it's official. I guess I should just try to follow this plan as close as possible. Eek

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Arimathea

Tessa

Quick post & run since we are horrendously swamped.

Carol, I'm planning to do Spokane on October 12th. Not sure if you have Washington (state not DC).

Cathy, Susan suggested some good ones too!

Damaris, ugh on the asthma attack.

Lori, not sure I would do much of a formal taper. I probably wouldn't do a 20+ in the next few weeks and would likely not do a double digit on the weekend of the 20th-21st. 18 minute pace should be sustainable if the trail isn't too technical.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan - Hang in there with the moving. One of the most stressful times!

Carol - Yay for sleep!! Can’t wait to meet you soon!

Cathy - Nice miles today. LOVE that notebook idea. I am going to steal it. HCF is on this schedule until Friday, when we leave for the mountains. He is really supposed to be on nights until Sunday. This was planned before this project though. He likes it. Except he doesn’t see me much Sad SNOW?! Wow. HCF’s twin’s friends from Milwaukee are coming in tonight. They are going to love our 70+ weather! They want to come by tomorrow night to say hello. Another reason why I wanted to get the run over with..in case the night runs long! I am sure they are glad they are missing the snow. I guess I won’t complain about having to go to my dental cleaning tomorrow after hearing about super woman DD. Smile I was going to cancel it and reschedule, but might as well just suck it up and get it over with. UGH.

Sandy - I kept thinking today was Thursday!! Its been a long week FOR SURE! So HCF empties out first thing in the morning too. I have been so dependent on Imodium that I have never had a set “time”. Since I quit smoking, I cut way back on Imodium too so it might be my body trying to regulate. I tried the no Imodium before but it did not go well. BUT..smoking is an irritant to the GI tract so I am trying it again. We will see how it goes. Right now its just annoying! I think I need to be patient. HCF is on nights until Friday! Thursday night is his last night. Any fun plans for you this weekend? Long run tomorrow?! Good luck!

Docket - Sorry about the breathing issues Sad UGH.

Judy - Nice running! Glad that arm is starting to feel better. I didn’t realize you needed 2 shingles shots?? I will have to get one someday.

Hi Lori!!! Love following your runs on Strava Smile Hmm, I think you are right. The 24 hour race seems to be your main concern. I would try to follow the plan you are using now. Could you push one of those weeks and use the races on GC weekend as part of those “training” runs? Just a thought.

Tessa - I hope your co-worker has his butt crack covered today Smile

Have a good night!

Hi all.  Saw some things posted here about hairy butt cracks and scary dental work so imma keep scrolling... 

I've got a tapering question. Please bear with me.... I've 3 races coming up. The Trail hm and Glass City. Same weekend. Neither will be pr attempts. The following weekend is Twilight Zone 24 hour which i'm hoping will be a mileage pr but also an attempt at maintaining an overall 18mm. This is what i'm basing whether or not I can do woodstock 100 mile vs 100k. So normally I would start to taper soon. BUT I've been sort of following a plan that would lead me to a 100 mile race (easier course than woodstock) in July so it does not have me tapering. I've not registered for it but might depending on if I am not able to complete my goal at Twilight Zone. So..... do I taper for Glass City or not?

FWIW, I’m not tapering for GC.  Doing a 50k on 4/20 and the HM/mara. double on 4/27-28. BUT I don’t have a goal race the following weekend like you do (if I’m understanding right that the 24 hr race is important to you).  If it were me, I’d do maybe a HM on 4/20, take it slow and steady at GC as a LR, and do a mini taper during the week before the 24 hr race.  That’s bc I know I’m not ready yet for more than two big hard weeks in a row.  If you are, then go for it without tapering.

Made it through Wed, woo!

Heading out to meet some people for a trail run. It’s a Meet Up group that I haven’t run with for a couple years since it usually doesn’t work with my schedule, but today I need to head over the hill anyway.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR