Womens Running

What's Up for the Weekendailies? (Read 16 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

What are you lovelies doing with the weekend?

POST!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hello Hello!!

Laura, glad you didn't have any real reaction to the booster.

Elina, I ended up leaving a power bank in my checked luggage inadvertently.  Didn't realize it was in there, oops.  That is because KLM royally screwed me and I was scrambling.  I think cake and "coke" would have been interesting at a 7yr olds party!!!  Hope the hair turns out nicely.  Have fun with F1.

Sandy, c'mon along to Portugal.  The general plan is a few days in Spain (Seville and Cordova?), an organized Rick Steve's Portugal trip, then 2 weeks on the southern coast visiting a few cities.  Well, two years out, that is as good as it gets.  Yes, Portugal was neat, though I mostly saw Lisbon.  Agreed, ugh on the leaves.  I hired a cutie lawn dude to take care of them and the lawn in general.  This chick has realized lawn care is not a strong suit and my neighbors (and probably HOA) agree.

Lori, YAY on being able to visit!!!

Karen, you certainly are a busy bee with the house!!!  My first house 25yrs ago I unpacked immediately.  As the years go on, it takes me more and more time...  Or in some cases, I move before unpacking everything...  Bummer about your friend and BMF.

Lizzie, how is Baby B???

The remainder of my flights were uneventful.  I got in about 10pm, showered and hopped into bed, wide awake...  My GF and I figured out with getting to the airport early, flying, and getting home, I was gone for about 26 hours.  Last minute flight I took what I got.  $$$.  Speaking of flights, next year is Madagascar and I found one for $1100 out of LAX.  Over $3-3500 out of Houston.  Hope they're there Monday when my travel folks reopen.  They take care of every aspect of travel if they book and have an emergency line if things happen.  Well worth the $25 fee.

I woke up at 3:30am and laid there till 4:30 and got up.  I already have a load of laundry going!  That means I unpacked.  Shocking.  Thankfully everything seems intact, even the bottle of Vintage Port I bought.  Beasts seem to have missed me, two of the pups were on the bed and Poppy curled up at my head.  Made me all warm inside.  Booster at 3pm, and hopefully get my nails redone/repaired.  And I have my vaccine clinic tomorrow, ugh.  Back to the usual grind Monday.

Nice to be back, kinda.  You know what I mean...

K

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 3 and Barre later.

Kat, enjoy laundry day...says no one ever!

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning.

Today I headed to the parkway and ran 10k. Pretty quickly too. I attribute this to the beautiful colder weather. I run so much easier in this weather. But I am still trying to warm back up now that I'm home. My butt is still cold. When the temperature drops further I may have to invest in sitting on some Hot Pockets (not sure if that's what they're called). lol

Kat.... my friend loves Portugal. She goes there each winter.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

4 running miles - meeting walking friend in a bit to get some walking miles in. Then, running a few errands, nothing too exciting

Kat - wow, that is a long travel day....glad the rest of your trip was uneventful!

Damaris - have a good run and Barre!  I started 645 yesterday and really liked it!

Lori - Hot Pockets is a great name for those, but I guess it's taken by the frozen food item.  I think they're Hot Hands, and I love them too!  I will use them in my gloves and then sit on them the rest of the day LOL

I forgot to his Post earlier so I'm editing...4 miles walking with friend.  So, 8 total for today.  Now I'm sitting on my butt ha ha

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

4 running miles - meeting walking friend in a bit to get some walking miles in. Then, running a few errands, nothing too exciting

Kat - wow, that is a long travel day....glad the rest of your trip was uneventful!

Damaris - have a good run and Barre!  I started 645 yesterday and really liked it!

Lori - Hot Pockets is a great name for those, but I guess it's taken by the frozen food item.  I think they're Hot Hands, and I love them too!  I will use them in my gloves and then sit on them the rest of the day LOL

I forgot to his Post earlier so I'm editing...4 miles walking with friend.  So, 8 total for today.  Now I'm sitting on my butt ha ha

I've been eying that program since it came out and I pay for early access but haven't started it.  Thinking it shall be my next one but always wondering if I have 45 minutes but I can always skip the cooldown or something.

Damaris

LC Runs

Damaris - I just did Day 2. The warm up is dynamic moves so it takes a while but I do feel like it warms you up and helps with the weight moves.  The time seems to go by pretty quickly - it's about 10 minutes warmup then 3 different sets of 3 weight moves, then a short cool down (at least the first 2 days).  I think you would like it!

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles this morning. It seems like the iron supplements are dooing their job, my legs don't feel dead all run & it seems less slog-like.

KatS, glad the rest of the trip went well. If you have a cute lawn guy, the neighbors may like that as well. I may have made sure to do dishes when a previous next door neightbor did yard work. He was 10-15 year younger than me & a former pro athlete.

Docket, I've gotten so used to do shorter strength training workouts that 45 minutes seems long. I even thought MBFA dragged on too long.

BerthaSlayer, heated blanket or even a heating pad to sit on? Last winter, I kept a heating pad on my lap in the living room/office because it was so cold in that room. From earlier in the week, sorry for the loss of your cousin.

LCRuns, hmmm, is 645 all weights? That sounds interesting. I did the sample of 6 weeks of the work and hated it. That said, it seems like the sample just took sections from each workout and pieced them together, so maybe the actual workouts flowed better.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HCK, I felt MBFA was too long as well. I liked 9WCF and Barre starts at 30 minutes but the last two weeks are 40-45 minutes but they don't feel long. I heard Job1 is only 20 minutes so when it comes out I might try that one.

Although Barre is so good for running I might do another round but an increase in weights. For Barre, you only use 1-5lbs and I'm only at 1lbs. So much different than the 25lbs shoulder work I was doing on LIIFT4. Or do a hybrid with Barre Blend and one of the weight ones. The 1lbs burn your arms like nothing before, lol.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

HCK, I felt MBFA was too long as well. I liked 9WCF and Barre starts at 30 minutes but the last two weeks are 40-45 minutes but they don't feel long. I heard Job1 is only 20 minutes so when it comes out I might try that one.

Although Barre is so good for running I might do another round but an increase in weights. For Barre, you only use 1-5lbs and I'm only at 1lbs. So much different than the 25lbs shoulder work I was doing on LIIFT4. Or do a hybrid with Barre Blend and one of the weight ones.

I've been doing Chalene Extreme & really like the push phase. IOnly thing is I wish it focused a little more on the large muscle groups (chest & back) as opposed to the one workout that is bis, tris and legs.

If I decide to do a spring HM, I may piece together workouts that follow McMillan's phases for strength training (balance>strength>power).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did Chalean Extreme for a decade, love it.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Are these workouts online? I stopped going to the gym and have baby weights at home which I've been playing with but honestly worked like to follow some kind of workout.

I will Google the Barre that Damaris does and the Chalene Extreme that HCK does.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are these workouts online? I stopped going to the gym and have baby weights at home which I've been playing with but honestly worked like to follow some kind of workout.

I will Google the Barre that Damaris does and the Chalene Extreme that HCK does.

They are all on Beachbody On Demand.

Damaris

LC Runs

Kathi - I'm not sure if all the workouts include weights, he focuses a lot on form and controlled movements.  I am going to really try and do this one from start to finish (I usually skip around BB programs and don't do much cardio due to running).  I would prefer 30 minutes but we'll see 

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, I only did two loads, tolerable.  Hope Barre was enjoyable.

Lori, Hot Pockets, hehehe!  They'd probably work, but you might get a gooey butt.  Careful of the actual warmers, I seem to recall Lisa actually burning her butt.

Laura, nice you were able to walk with a friend!  Always enjoyable.

Kathi, I got the lawn guy because he does all the houses around me - for the old retired guys.  I think I'm the only one who appreciates the view.

You guys and your workouts, foreign language to me.

Watched movies all day yesterday other than the quick trip to CVS for my vaccine and then the grocery store.  I found a nice big fresh turkey.  I always buy a humongous one.  Partly because I love leftovers and partly because I don't eat the dark meat so I get less meat overall.  Got my vaccine and have a slight fever, but overall am fine.  Slept a ton last night, fell asleep on the couch around 7:3pm and eventually got up 6:30 this morning.

Have a movie on now, then I will hop in the shower and head out to work.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

K