Womens Running

Coffee Wednesday (dailies) (Read 17 times)

Kilmisters

Yes. Coffee again. Lots of it.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

So, the file I mentioned yesterday (catfight thing) - got email around 10pm - ''ok, adjust the formatting and send it to everyone''. Sheesh. I wouldn't even call this victory. Just - it's done. Sent another important & ''controversial" (in terms of my vs boss opinion on the issue) calculation w short description about assumptions/justification... Literally 7 minutes before the huge meeting in which she has to present it, obviously w almost no time to change things in the file. Sitting, doing other stuff now and waiting for the said meeting to end, thinking whether this is how I die or it's going to be ok Big grin

Have a nice Wednesday, everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me. The last 1.5 were speedy.

Pretty good run! Felt strong out there. My feet were bothering me more than usual..but once I hit the speed interval they were fine. Weird. It could have been my Ride's. I love wearing those for speed because the cushion in the shoe keeps my foot in place. I may just have to set them aside until this PF calms down. It was nice to get in some speed today! I was down in MP. Felt gooooood. May sprinkle some speedwork in on Saturday depending..trying to easseee back into it. Especially since my feet are cranky.

As of today...I am running in the morning followed by calf raises and dedicated foam rolling time. Also icing the feet. Very time consuming but I am trying to do that routine twice a day. Hoping it helps the PF and the calf issues which I am SURE are related.

It was starting to snow when I was running - nothing sticking to the roads just yet. Its going to snow all day..but since its been so warm lately..we are only expecting about 2-3" to stick. Nothing like Run4kupcakes is getting! I love this kind of snow..sticks to the grass and not much on the roads. What does stick will be a slushy mess. BUT its going to be 50 tomorrow so fast melting. Sorry Sandy, I know you hate me 

Lisa – Fast paced yoga? I would try that!

Kilmisters – Ugh on the fall!! How are you feeling today? I have been feeling the same way with my niggles lately..I am going to be positive and say its going to be okay! Smile Hang in there girl!

Tessa – YAY! Finally a lunchtime run!

Run4kupcakes – Holy SNOW!! We have someone onsite this morning doing air quality testing and he is from MD. We offered to reschedule but he insisted to keep it as scheduled. I don’t know how he is getting home!!

Karen – I say keep the strength training going! You really do notice it during the run Smile So, all the testing on your dad really didn’t determine anything? Well, I guess it ruled out a bunch. Still..I am sure he wants some relief. Thinking about him! 35/45 IS fabulous!!

Docket – Hang in there! Nice run yesterday! I would still be dead from Sundays run.

OH Cathy sent me the CUTEST tank top that says "will run for cake". She gets me. Smile LOL. So sweet of her.

Happy Wednesday. I am so so so ready for the weekend.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Cathy – I didn’t realize that you got fast coworker into running – that’s cool!  Is this Mr. Math, too?  Dang speedy fella.  Awww, shoot, sorry for the sad reminder about your stellar running before PF.  It’s just so strange how it came on and has lasted forever.  I hate it!  As for coaching again – maybe?  We’ll see what next year brings.  I am meeting with my local Parks and Rec on Friday to possibly volunteer with youth track this spring.

Elina – yikes on the cat fight but glad it was productive!  Good luck in the weekend games!  Yikes on the ice – be careful out there!  Let’s hope you don’t die after this meeting.  You crack me up.

Kat – hard to believe it’s summer in your parts when it’s still in the 20s here.

Karen – bummer on needing an US.  I’m sure it’s nothing but kinda a hassle.  High five on the strength training!  Frustrating your dad doesn’t have more answers.  Ummm, I’d be in the 35/45 looks fabulous group.

Diane – still impressed you are volunteering after your race.  Don’t you get tired?

Lizzie – as for the RBs – well, ya never know.  There are 7 of us that all run at 5am.  I know you get out earlier but I know if I lived by you there could be days where we meet up and you are half way through your run or something.  Do you ever see anyone else out there?  Does anyone at the gym run?  Nice speedwork this morning, speedy.  Keep that PF in check!  Well, I’ll try not to hate you and your 50*.  I thought of you this morning when I had to pull the PARKA back out.  I was thinking it was Cathy that sent that nifty tank – what a swell gal.

HCK – 10-16 inches?!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Hope you got a snow day out of it!!

Rest day today.  Been at work since 6am.  Though I did get up and ice and foam roll.  Leg feels better.  Weird that it always hurts in bed.  Lost all the games in volleyball again last night.  BUT!  There was DEFINITE improvement by many of the girls!  Even one of the parents commented.  No practice tonight because I have a dentist appt.  COLD here again and snow for the weekend.  Feels like I moved to the north pole or something.

Half Crazy K 2.0

So about the snow....it totally depends where you are. Between yesterday and early this morning, Weather channel had us getting 5-13 inches of snow. Our deck at 9am:

It you look through the deck railings, you can still see grass, so um, not even close. I had the news on and they were on the road I use to get into east Baltimore and they had even less snow than this. There is a lot more snow if you go to the other side of Baltimore county. I'm in the northeast part, northwest is getting slammed.

dhuffman63

Trails

Got my 5 in last night and it felt good, now to rest up and get packed on Fri.  I think I'll bring everything cause the weather just keeps changing.  Spring in the Midwest...sigh.

Sandy, yes I do get tired...lol.  But remember I'm pretty much walking and spoke to the RD who needs the help and she's said she'll make sure I get some rest and food after I'm done before heading out to Colony.  Once I change into regular clothes I think it'll be fine.  At the one AS I worked there was quite a bit of "down" time between runners.

Elina, oh no on the fall....hope it heals soon.  I'm sorry things are still so chaotic.  With a little one it won't slow down much for some time.

Lizzie from what I read if you are tight anywhere from your hips down then you could have "issues" show up anywhere.  For me at least the yoga helped the PF, especially the downward dog as it stretched everything once I could put my foot flat on the floor doing it.  Also the pigeon pose is great for opening your hip flexors.  Google it and you can see a picture of it.

Lisa, that sounds like a fun but challenging class.  I wish we had a yoga class here.  There's one up at the fitness center but it's at 10 am and I can't leave work to go.  Maybe I can ask them to hold it early am or after work.

HCK wow that's a shit ton of snow.  When I was a kid living in NH it was wonderful...now as an adult I'm glad I don't live in New England any more.

Karen, I'm sorry your dad did not get a firm diagnosis.  My dad went through that ...without the Mayo clinic aspect....he has had a couple of bypasses and stints in.  He also has aFib and they put a pacemaker in a few years ago.  Thinking good thoughts for you.

Hi to everyone.  I'm back in spreadsheet hell for the day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 and weights.  As I mentioned last night (late), I didn't sleep last night, so I took a sleeping pill and had a dreamless 6 hours, so yay me.

Elina, sometimes it's good to take a stand.  Great job.

Karen, grrr at the doctors not being able to find the root of the issue.

Liz, nice job on the run.

Sandy, enjoy the rest day!

HCK, that looks cute, though. Smile

Diane, nice 5!

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday stayed pretty cold with an added wind chill but dash out I did. The start was cold but after I speeded up and stayed that way I warmed up nicely. It was a good 45 minutes in the bag.

Today I’ll have to run and work out inside, not really sure what yet. It has snowed quite a bit.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Kilmisters

I will get more details about the mentioned meeting tomorrow (3pm one-on-one) but boss seemed pleased when she left the room and I am still alive so there is that Big grin

Lizzie, awww, snow? Jealous! Be careful w speedwork so soon!

Sandy, 6am? Smth to do w clients from other time zones? Nice to hear the volleyball team is making progress. Lots of losses at the beginning are inevitable. I remember we won just one game in our first season in Elite League. So, be happy about the small steps Smile

Diane, aw, hoping the spreadsheet hell is manageable. You can channel my inner Excel freak if needed Smile

12k work-home. It was a beautiful eve/sunset out there, so I intentionally picked a detour alongside the river. Lots of rolling hills, so nice workout too.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Slow day over here! Been studying for this certification I need to get. I've had the material for 2 years..really need to get on it. Would really help my chances on getting out of here. Boring stuff though - plus I am a visual learner. Gotta do it though!

Still snowing. We got the best snow - all over the grass but nothing on the pavement! Very pretty!

Heading to the grocery store afterwork to pick up one thing. Ugh. Then home to my Ruger. I have to force him to walk..he hates snow.

Sandy – Ohhh today was your early day. Early day and you still got up and iced and foam rolled? Wow. Sorry for the loss but yay for seeing improvement!! We have snow predicted this weekend, too. Crazy weather. Volunteering with youth track?! That would be so fun!! Oh man. I hope you get into that. If I lived closer, I would do it with you! I never see anyone out there on my runs unless the Uber is dropping them off after a night of partying. LOL. I only know that because sometimes I can SMELL booze!! I am like, oh, someone just got home from the bar. Hahah. Around 5am I see one lady running every day. She runs with her dog. She runs the same route everyday which is probably around 3 miles. I have never seen her go longer than that. Funny, I was thinking this morning that I NEEDED a parka!! Smile Enjoy that rest day and good luck at the dentist. I have my apt next week!

Run4kupcakes – At least you got a snow day!! My brother, in Leesburg..is getting SLAMMED. Luckily federal government was closed today so he is off.

Diane – Yay for rest mode!! How exciting. Downward dog does help me a lot! How long do you stay in the stretch?? I never know how long to hold it. If I had to wait until I wasn’t tight I might be posing like that all day. LOL.

Docket – Glad you got 6 hours of good sleep! I take something to help me sleep every night. Anxiety.

Judy – How much snow did OH get?

Kilmisters – I don’t dive in to hardcore speed work for another week or two. I will know right away if its too fast – my shins usually tell me Smile Nice miles!!! Sounds like a pretty run! Does that mean you have to run to work tomorrow? Just thinking about your car! Smile

Have a good evening all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Kilmisters – I don’t dive in to hardcore speed work for another week or two. I will know right away if its too fast – my shins usually tell me Smile Nice miles!!! Sounds like a pretty run! Does that mean you have to run to work tomorrow? Just thinking about your car! Smile

No, I get to work w co-worker if there is an evening run home planned. Then pick up backpack w previous day's office clothes the next day Smile

Also, I have 0 character... Ordered large pizza (free delivery as the place is 10min drive from here)... Can't even move now Big grin

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I go through a series of stretches - 4 times but don't stay in any one very long.  The whole routine takes about 5-10 minutes.  I should do better with it and do it daily.

Karen, your McMillian strength training is that all body weight or do you have to use any machines?  I don't mind the machines but most don't fit me very well.

Where's Susan been?

Anonymous Guest

Hello all! 6.2 around the neighborhood for me. I signed up for a 10K this weekend before I knew I'd be out of town, so I switched to the virtual option. Starting today, you can submit a garmin/strava/whatever file showing you ran 10K and get credit. I'm not a big fan of virtual races, but since I already paid, I might as well have them mail me the shirt. Not much else planned, the usual cleaning, chores, etc. Oh, and spending more time online figuring out a potential long run on Sunday. Portland looks like a cool place to run and the rain that was in the forecast is now pretty much gone after Friday. Next week I'm going to start decluttering and purging. I realized there are things upstairs that haven't been touched since we moved in three years ago, so we probably don't need a lot of them.

Karen, your McMillian strength training is that all body weight or do you have to use any machines?  I don't mind the machines but most don't fit me very well.

It's Hansons, and it's bodyweight stuff. Small hand weights for some exercises, stability ball (which I don't have so I make do without) for some exercises. Each exercise has a picture and description, and if I'm still confused, a link to a video of how it's done. Here's a link to the first workout which you can see for free: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fda4v813du4jae7/Week%201%20day%201.pdf?dl=0. Since I've actually been able to keep up with it for two weeks worth of workouts, I'll probably by the next level when I'm done. It was only $15 for 6 weeks.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

That foam roller looks painful.  I might check that out though since I do basically nothing right now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran my 5 on the TM even though it was just 80F but the sun was brutal and I had to wait until 7:30pm to run so I didn't want to wait until then and I ran inside.  Didn't lift as I have a tendon in my thumb that hurts every so often and it hurts today so I'm going to move it to tomorrow or Friday to lift.

Liz, I have been having problems ever since the bridge collapsed here so I assume I am having some issues with anxiety as well.  I have never had issues with it but between Richard's surgery, work, and that, it might be.

Damaris