Womens Running

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Weekendailies (Read 22 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cause all our racers are winners, as are we.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

SOMEONE had to start today.  It took me an hour of surfing other things on the net to come up with some sort of title for the thread, best I could do.  Yeah, that was an hours worth of thought...  Sigh.

ZERO motivation today.  Need to get going, lots of piddly stuff to do today.

Lizzie, Karen, Sandy, and Damaris - hope you are rocking out your races.  Can't wait to hear updates.  Any other speed racers out there??

Have a great weekend all.

K

Anonymous Guest

Fargo ladies in the house! I crashed bad, Liz crashed bad, Sandy killed it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sorry Karen and Lizzie...  Wish you guys had a better race.  Congrats to Sandy!!

Damaris, how did it go??  Saw you post about the "rolling" hills.

K

Kilmisters

Waiting for reports from racers!

The workshop in Lithuania was very valuable but exhausting (incl the drive). So I pretty much fell asleep as soon as I got home at 8pm and woke up only 16hrs later (not proud of it). 10.5mi today before tomorrow's 10k, which is the central run of the year for Latvia, so tens of thousands of runners for that distance = no hope/need to think about pace/time goals. Will just enjoy it and, uhm, get the company shirt Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Seloc

Ummmm “killed it” is a bit strong for this shufflin gramma. But thanks, Karen - for this training cycle I’ll take it!  Thank you to everyone!!  Fun time for sure. Now for some beeeeeer

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I sure didn’t kill it so Sandy wins.

My knees and inner thighs hurt the whole race. Literally. It was rainy and windy and I felt like I was running slow but wasn’t. Ended up run/walking the second half due to the knee pain my knee sure didn’t like the rainy day.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Got 12 on the TM so you all win

Wooooo to our racers!  Sounded windy at Fargo (my LEAST favorite weather for running) but even so, those times I saw over on FB were NOT crashing and burning times, ladies!  Those were hard fought, tough conditions, good effort times.   Well done to everyone!

Kilmisters, the 10k tomorrow sounds like a fun race, esp with no worries about time.  Hope it's a nice shirt!  

Damaris, I saw you had some hills and rain and wind, ugh.  Nice job getting it done.

DHuff, nice 12!

Kat. I feel like a winner, thanks!  

10 miles for me today, something similar tomorrow.  Cut-back week for me then ramping up again for the next couple week.  Had a wonderful lunch with my dad, aunt, and a couple cousins today.  So fun catching up with everyone.  Dad and aunt are in their 80s so I really treasure these times.  Eating M&Ms now.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles in more rain. Went to the mall for the first time in forever to try to find some new non-running shorts. Left with nothing. I hate shopping.

Docket,  congrats on #46!

Fargo ladies, I stalked the results, I didn't see any huge crashes.

Kilmisters

Race report! (Lattelecom Riga 10k)

Expectations: None. I had a 11mi LR yesterday; before that two exhausting days in Lithuania (work trip), so it was pretty much whatever happens - happens feeling. Especially because of the 6+k runners in this distance in comparatively narrow Riga streets, so first few kms are always frustrating.

Support crew: DH and in-laws found a place in Old Town that is right next to the course, 0.5k before finish. Perfect spot. At the next table were German tourists also cheering for a relative of theirs running 10k. Both tables started chatting and by the time I got back, had consumed quite a few beers, to say the least, and were in a very good mood Big grin Whenever one of the tables noticed one of ''their'' runners running past and going for the last 500m, both tables cheered. No comment Big grin

Race: As predicted, the first 2-3km were frustrating. I had a feeling that my modest time goal (1h) will only be possible w lots of maneuvering and big pace swings. However, I skipped the first water station, then came the bridge (and awful combo of no air, high temps and wind - how that is possible I have no idea, but apparently it is), quite a few people dropped back and the ''running lanes'' opened up. I felt really good, so starting from the said bridge decided to turn the suicide mode on and kept increasing the pace - as evidenced by pace chart below Big grin Pretty much went from 9:46 min/mi (1st km) to 8:21 min/mi (last one). Final time: 56:57. I'll take it. What was fun that after the trail HM few weeks ago the bridge was meh and the final push on that flat segment (last 2km in particular) - nothing special.

I ran 2mi in the same running clothes when I got home, because leaving the weekly mileage at 47km when the minimum goal is 50km is not acceptable Big grin

The next race is June 2 (10k fun run w friend - Womens Run w task to get her to finish line), then June 9 - trail run! I cannot decide between 7.4mi and 14.3mi (there is nothing in between). The first distance sounds boring (especially for 2h ride), the second - a bit too much, pushing it.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Elina!!

Damaris

11 miles today, 42 for the week.  Weather stalking for next Sunday at Pinelands is underway: humid, 40% chance of showers, with temps in mid-50s to mid-60s.  Not too keen on the humidity stuff but the rest of it looks okay to me.

Waiting impatiently for the Fargo ladies to report back... 

Kilmisters, that's quite a negative split on your 10k, nice!  If you were to ask for input in the June 9 trail run, you know what we would say.  And I noticed that you did not ask for input.  

HCK, ugh on the fruitless trip to the mall.  I hate shopping too.I think the last time I bought shorts that were not for running was something like 10 years ago.

Hope everyone else is out having a great weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hi Ladies!!

Sitting in the airport waiting for my flight….after a f*&king awesome weekend!!! Seriously. Best girls weekend ever.

I got in Thursday night and stayed at Sandy’s house in Minneapolis. Then Friday we made the 4 hour hike to Fargo. We had quite the adventures on the way. I would try to explain it but…you had to be there Smile We stayed at Sandy’s sisters lake house for the rest of the weekend and it was super nice. Talk about accommodations Smile

Oh yeah the race. Haha. I was prepared to “attempt” a sub 4. Felt strong that morning and at the start line. Told myself that if I wasn’t feeling it, that it was okay to just try and beat my 4:13 time. We started inside the FargoDome which was nice because it was chilly and windy that morning! I was standing with Karen at the start and told her to just go ahead without me if I was holding her back. I didn’t want her to feel obligated to pace me..because she was feeling good that morning, too!

Once the race started I tried to keep up with the 4:00 pace group and just couldn’t. I managed to stay at the back of the pack for the first 6 miles but there was on way I could keep that up. Plus, I was getting really pissed off at the pacer. He wasn’t holding up his sign! He was keeping it face down to the ground..uhm..hello?! How am I supposed to see you?! Come to find out later from Karen, that he was doing a faster pace than what he should have been. Hmmm

Once I dropped off from the 4:00 pacer, I was going to try to keep the pace going to get better than a 4:10. Yeah, nope. I felt like absolute crap starting around mile 8. I knew it was going to be a tough race after that. I felt so bad that I couldn’t even take in fuel (my snacks). I was nauseous and really wanted to catch an Uber. LOL. Around mile 16 I had to take in something so I took a risk and started taking Powerade at the aid stations. That was probably my saving grace. BUT not good enough to stay above 4:10..that group past me around mile 17 I believe.

After the 4:10 group passed I got teary eyed and very frustrated with myself. Like, I trained so hard for this..never missed a freakin training run! Even in pouring rain! Why is this happening?! The only conclusion I can think of is that the winds were BRUTAL. They were about 20mph and a lot of the time it was either hitting you from the side or a head wind. It was awful. AND..maybe yesterday just wasn’t my day.

I finished with a 4:16. Only 3 minutes off of my PR time..so..I am very happy with that! Considering how awful I felt..and that that race was 90% mental push..I am happy with it. I wish I knew why I crashed so hard!

Fargo is a great race. It is mostly flat but there are some inclines near the end (grr). Lots of great crowd support and water stops! OH and the PORT-A-POTTIES!! They had at least 6ea at every water station. I never saw a line. Finishing in the dome and being projected onto the Jumbotron was pretty awesome, too. They also had pizza at the finish line Smile

After the race we hung out at the lake house…had some yummy fattening food…and got to know each other better. Great weekend with some great girls Smile

Guess I will try again for a PR in Twin Cities which is up next. But FIRST……vacation. Smile Off work tomorrow and then HCBF and I leave for vacation on Friday! WOOHOO!

I will be back later for personals. I have to go read back through!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ginny - I am really sorry that your back has been bothering you so bad! I am glad that the chiropractor is helping! Hang in there. You will come back stronger. I know thats easier said than done..

Kathryn - I was laughing about you coming up with the title thread. I do that sometimes too..try and find the perfect title!

Damaris - Karen was giving us the play by play of your race. Way to tough it out!! Congratulations! You got some good photos too, was the DH!?

Margaret - The last time you bought shorts was 10 years ago?! LOL. Nice miles this weekend! I am excited to hear how everything goes next weekend! YAY!!! BLAH on the humidity though. Sad

Run4kupcakes - I hate it when that happens with shorts!!! HCBF told me today is the first day it has not rained. Hope you are drying out as well!

Kilmisters - WOW..Congratulations on the race! That is an awesome time!! I bet that felt easy compared to the trail HM you did a few weeks ago Smile I say do the longer distance on June 9 Smile

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2