Womens Running

Peanut Butter Lovers Day THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Today is national peanut butter lovers day!! I love me some peanut butter!

Anyone not like peanut butter?

I was trying to think of a topic that started with an F because I thought it was FRIDAY. What a disappointment.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

4.1 treadmill miles for me! THATS A WRAP!

Weather called for downpours..but of course it wasn't raining when I got up. Decided to do the treadmill anyway since I have never ran on it and it was a short run. Was good run surprisingly! Had the news on and my podcast so my mind was distracted Smile Ruger on the other hand didn't understand what was going on. He tried to climb on the treadmill and then stared at me the entire time because he wanted to eat. 

Training cycle is officially done! YAY. I am in rest mode until race day! I worked really hard this training cycle and I hope it shows on Sunday. Its almost dance in the kitchen time -I have all this extra time on my hands and I don't know what to do with myself!

I should be hearing today when my call will be with my interviewers boss. I think he is a Regional Director. CONICIDENTLY..yesterday afternoon someone on that account - an East Coast Regional Manager friended me on Linkedin...hmm. I hate waiting..but sigh..at least she hasn't said no yet!

In OTHER NEWS...HCBF called and said that his company did NOT get that local account. Which really sucks. He was scared to call and tell me. Haha. I have feelings about this and hesitant what may happen here in the future - but I will keep it to myself until he figures out how he is feeling. I don't want to jump the gun but if I do get this job..there will be traveling..and I will need help with Ruger. I don't want to say no to traveling or feel anxious the entire time because I am worried about the dog. That sounds selfish. Ugh. Relationshipping is hard.

Karen - You are right - they just want to make sure I am a good fit. I just hate waiting..especially right now during taper madness. Woohoo nice run yesterday. I love Mizunos!

Diana - Glad to hear you are feeling better! Wow, congratulations on the race! Sorry you didnt meet the goal you wanted - but your time is still awesome. The course looked and sounds so difficult. I can’t believe you had to step off to puke! Do you think it was the race or because you were getting sick? And HOW..HOW..were you able to workout the next day?!?!?! Badass! Don’t you have another race coming up soon???

Run4kupcakes - Nice job on the run! And under 9 minute mile? NICE. We are supposed to get those winds tomorrow, too! Ugh.

Okay. Off to get ready for work. Thanks for listening to my vent!

Happy Thursday!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Who would not like PB?

I ran 4 last night.  I wanted 6 but I was so exhausted. I have 10 and Pilates tonight. Working from home until the 16th.

Lizzie, nice job on the TM.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I had a great run outside for 50 minutes. There was a light rain almost the whole time, but easy to manage.

Today I’m almost out the door in a light rain. It’s supposed to increase, so I’d better dash! DC and I go to volunteer again this afternoon.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie I like peanut butter but since my peanut allergy I can't eat but maybe one sandwich every now and again and I need to have benedryl just in case.  So far neither it or my shellfish allergy requires an epi pen but I try to avoid allergens.  Nice job on finishing the training cycle....you kicked some serious butt.  I'm still fingers crossed on the job.  Can you look up the people in that company and see if the "friend" is indeed the regional director?  Relationships are indeed hard. Communication when you care about someone is so difficult.

Diana what a great RR and very nice time for a difficult 55k.  I'm not sure my rail trail 50k can be done by me in 9 hours but that's what I'm trying for.

I'll have to come back for more personals as I can't really remember yesterday's posts...lol.  I'm fighting off a cold and refuse to get sick.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, that is awesome about the call!!  So sorry about HCBF's company not getting the contract.  You two will figure it out.  Funny, I dislike peanut butter on its own, blech.  In things it can be yummy, like Tagalongs, best thing ever.

Damaris, so glad DH is home and doing well.

Judy, hope it wasn't too wet of a run.

Diane, don't get sick!  Just plug along at your race and you will do well.

Karen, thanks for the info on the company!  I already was dinking around with ideas for the shirts if the ladies are interested.  If not, I'm having fun anyways.  There are 2 pictures on the Pinelands thread.

Diana, great meeting you too!  Sorry you got sick, at least it didn't happen for the race.

HCK, 40 mph winds?  No thanks.

Today is a morning of chores and bread making.  I got a bread maker back near Christmas and never used it.  So this morning I plugged it in and started a loaf.  We shall see.  Laundry is in, need something to wear today.

Need to get stuff done as my flight to Vegas on Saturday is at 6a.m..  I get in at 8am and need to grab the rental car and boogie to the start of the half at 9:30.  Read the description - they say rocky.  After the TX Hill Country rocks and AC BOULDERS, this doesn't seem quite as hard.  I perused the photos and breathed a sigh of relief.  I could get my bootie kicked though, ya never know.

Oh, my suitcase is FULL of sand.  Ugh.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

I love peanut butter!  I made peanut butter noodles the other night.  Yummy!    So there have been cougar sightings in our neighborhood and in an adjoining neighborhood.  Confirmed by the DNR.  Now they think it may be 2 different cougars.  We don't usually get cougars in the Milwaukee area!  Working from home today because DD has a doctor appointment this morning.  Rain and snow was coming our way today, but it looks like we will miss it!  Foot feels pretty good and I am looking for a new monthly challenge!

Lizzie, congrats on finishing the training cycle!  You will rock the race.  It's on my bday, so it will be lucky.    I personally don't know why the TM gets that much hate.  I really don't mind it.  You can zone out, you don't have to worry about traffic or your route.  I constantly play around with the pace and incline so I don't get bored.  The bathroom is close by.    Of course, I haven't run more than 13 miles on it.     Haha, I bet Ruger was confused!  Great news about the interview!!  Bad news about HCBF's job.  That sucks.  I know you will figure things out.  It was meant to be!

Damaris, you did less than you were supposed to?  That seems unusual.    And working from home until the 16th?  That also seems unusual!  Is that to be home with hubby?  I am glad everything went well.

Diane, hope you continue fighting off that cold!

Kat, nice that the upcoming race doesn't seem that bad!  Ha, hope you get the suitcase cleaned out!  

Diana, great job on the 55K!  Glad that you are all better!

Karen, glad the Wave Riders worked out for you!  They are awesome shoes.

Where is Sandy? 

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Oh, Lizzie, I am all set up to get tracking updates for your race.  So I will be stalking you from afar.    Yay!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love peanut butter!  I made peanut butter noodles the other night.  Yummy!    So there have been cougar sightings in our neighborhood and in an adjoining neighborhood.  Confirmed by the DNR.  Now they think it may be 2 different cougars.  We don't usually get cougars in the Milwaukee area!  Working from home today because DD has a doctor appointment this morning.  Rain and snow was coming our way today, but it looks like we will miss it!  Foot feels pretty good and I am looking for a new monthly challenge!

Lizzie, congrats on finishing the training cycle!  You will rock the race.  It's on my bday, so it will be lucky.    I personally don't know why the TM gets that much hate.  I really don't mind it.  You can zone out, you don't have to worry about traffic or your route.  I constantly play around with the pace and incline so I don't get bored.  The bathroom is close by.    Of course, I haven't run more than 13 miles on it.     Haha, I bet Ruger was confused!  Great news about the interview!!  Bad news about HCBF's job.  That sucks.  I know you will figure things out.  It was meant to be!

Damaris, you did less than you were supposed to?  That seems unusual.    And working from home until the 16th?  That also seems unusual!  Is that to be home with hubby?  I am glad everything went well.

Diane, hope you continue fighting off that cold!

Kat, nice that the upcoming race doesn't seem that bad!  Ha, hope you get the suitcase cleaned out!  

Diana, great job on the 55K!  Glad that you are all better!

Karen, glad the Wave Riders worked out for you!  They are awesome shoes.

Where is Sandy? 

Cathy

Ha, no. It was a rest day, so I did more than I was supposed to. Smile

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Mmm. I love peanut butter. In cookies, on bagels, or just on its own.

Diane, false alarm, sorry -- they have the Clifton3s in 5, 5.5, and 6 only. I didn't realize the website listed all the sizes and then you have to mouse over to see whether those are in stock or not.

$400 for shoes? No way! Mind you, when I started buying actual running shoes I bought boys' running shoes because they were cheaper than women's. But I was a starving college student.

Sandy, I flew to Phoenix on Tuesday night after class. Got to the hotel at 12:30 and left at 7:15. Did not get a run in because I went back to sleep instead. $245 for less than 7 hours -- spring baseball leagues so expensive to stay -- for that price there should have been extra services  provided by the hotel!

I did get 3.2 in this morning, though it was a crappy run. Not quite literally but close. I would have loved to WFH but since I'm out tomorrow I'm here.

And busy. Yes, I'd be in for a Pinelands axe murderers shirt. BBL!

Seloc

7mi with the fasties this morning.  They nearly killed me!  Mid-20s and the roads are about 90% clear.  A beautiful moon and lovely out there!  90% of our snow should be gone by this weekend.  That makes me HAPPY!!

VB practice last night.  Do girls that age EVER stop talking??  Kinda fun to see improvements already.  Cake for breakfast haha.

Cathy – okay I had to laugh you had no audio on the quarterly company webcast.  I work for a major ISP and my office typically doesn’t have enough bandwidth to stream those things.  Nor do the PCs have much power.  Eye roll.  OMG on the 60 degrees!  I’ve been seriously giddy this week as it’s been in the 40s and mornings in the 20s.  Glorious!!  Yikes on the other dog.  Hilarious about DHs proposal and the almost mishap with the ring.  I do now remember that!  That’s awesome you went to Hong Kong!  I was there for work a few years back.  It was HOT.  Lucky enough to have a weekend there and a friend from Japan flew over.  We took a day trip to Macau – that was pretty fun.  Kinda funny story – my friend and I wanted a beer (surprise surprise) and were wandering through a fishing village.  Came to this place on the water with a bunch of people eating.  Thought we would pop in but then realized it may have just been a family gathering?  But, they invited us to stay!  Got us each a beer and some weird dried insect snack of some sort.  Only then did we realize it wasn’t a restaurant and they kept saying “no pay no pay”.  We still laugh about that.  OMG I had a similar experience with eating in Beijing!  I wish I could remember the restaurant but we FINALLY found one authentic (and CHEAP) and would order using the dictionary!!  LOL  We need to meet IRL and trade stories!!

Karen – LOL omg I TOTALLY do not want to go back in time to middle school!  Good gravy.  Although my biggest memory about that age is laughing SO HARD at lunch every day.  Random.  Hooray for new shoes!  Love it when you find some that just work.

Kat – I started watching TIU last night but was too tired to finish!  How are the leggies feeling?  Half marathon this weekend, right?  You crack me up with your Tagalongs.  Mmmm home made bread.  Gosh, does that sound good!  OMG I forgot your race is in Vegas!!  Holy crap travelin girl.  I take it your critter sitter is working out okay?

Damaris – so happy DH is home  and doing well!  And hooray for outside miles!

Lizzie – cake is just a sheet cake.  Marble with bakery frosting (butercream?  Not sure).  Decorated in black with an old guy in a wheelchair.  LOL.  I had a piece for breakfast!  It was delish.  How’s Mammel doing with his knee?  That is GREAT news that another manager wants to meet you!  They wouldn’t bother if it was a no go.  PB lovers day?  LOL that’s hilarious.  Cracking up – I thought of you while I was getting in the shower this morning (hmmm, that sure sounds creepy) but I was thinking “that’s a wrap!”  haha  LOL awww poor Ruger buddy.  He will get used to it.  You had SUCH an amazing training cycle!!  Ugh, bummer about HCBFs work situation.  Relationshipping is hard but you guys are rocking it out.

Diana – wow, that was quick healing!  Yay!  Congrats on the race.  Love your RR.  Sounds TOUGH!!

HCK – 40mph winds?  Eeeks – don’t blow away!!

Cathy2 – OMG I love peanut noodles!  Cougars??  Holy crap.  We have coyotes which are scary enough.  Yes!  The weather slid south of me, too!!

Tessa – LOL OMG that was a crazy trip.  And extra services provided would have been nice indeed!!  LOL  I seriously do not know how you get by on such little sleep!!

Okay, gotta boogie.  Coworker called in sick again – it’s a monthly thing, it seems.  HH tonight with a very good friend – yay!  Later, peeps!!

Seloc

Cathy - haha - I had to actually do a bunch of work this morning before I could post.  And only now did I see your comment.  LOL  And, for SURE Lizzie is going to rock her race on such a very important day!!  If only I had a private jet, I could swing through MKE to grab you and we could go watch and cheer her on for the day!!

Diane - missed you!  hope you avoid the cold.

Lizzie!! - okay, I will try to temper my excitement but I just looked at your weather again!!  Squeeeeeee!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7mi with the fasties this morning.  They nearly killed me!  Mid-20s and the roads are about 90% clear.  A beautiful moon and lovely out there!  90% of our snow should be gone by this weekend.  That makes me HAPPY!!

VB practice last night.  Do girls that age EVER stop talking??  Kinda fun to see improvements already.  Cake for breakfast haha.

Cathy – okay I had to laugh you had no audio on the quarterly company webcast.  I work for a major ISP and my office typically doesn’t have enough bandwidth to stream those things.  Nor do the PCs have much power.  Eye roll.  OMG on the 60 degrees!  I’ve been seriously giddy this week as it’s been in the 40s and mornings in the 20s.  Glorious!!  Yikes on the other dog.  Hilarious about DHs proposal and the almost mishap with the ring.  I do now remember that!  That’s awesome you went to Hong Kong!  I was there for work a few years back.  It was HOT.  Lucky enough to have a weekend there and a friend from Japan flew over.  We took a day trip to Macau – that was pretty fun.  Kinda funny story – my friend and I wanted a beer (surprise surprise) and were wandering through a fishing village.  Came to this place on the water with a bunch of people eating.  Thought we would pop in but then realized it may have just been a family gathering?  But, they invited us to stay!  Got us each a beer and some weird dried insect snack of some sort.  Only then did we realize it wasn’t a restaurant and they kept saying “no pay no pay”.  We still laugh about that.  OMG I had a similar experience with eating in Beijing!  I wish I could remember the restaurant but we FINALLY found one authentic (and CHEAP) and would order using the dictionary!!  LOL  We need to meet IRL and trade stories!!

Karen – LOL omg I TOTALLY do not want to go back in time to middle school!  Good gravy.  Although my biggest memory about that age is laughing SO HARD at lunch every day.  Random.  Hooray for new shoes!  Love it when you find some that just work.

Kat – I started watching TIU last night but was too tired to finish!  How are the leggies feeling?  Half marathon this weekend, right?  You crack me up with your Tagalongs.  Mmmm home made bread.  Gosh, does that sound good!  OMG I forgot your race is in Vegas!!  Holy crap travelin girl.  I take it your critter sitter is working out okay?

Damaris – so happy DH is home  and doing well!  And hooray for outside miles!

Lizzie – cake is just a sheet cake.  Marble with bakery frosting (butercream?  Not sure).  Decorated in black with an old guy in a wheelchair.  LOL.  I had a piece for breakfast!  It was delish.  How’s Mammel doing with his knee?  That is GREAT news that another manager wants to meet you!  They wouldn’t bother if it was a no go.  PB lovers day?  LOL that’s hilarious.  Cracking up – I thought of you while I was getting in the shower this morning (hmmm, that sure sounds creepy) but I was thinking “that’s a wrap!”  haha  LOL awww poor Ruger buddy.  He will get used to it.  You had SUCH an amazing training cycle!!  Ugh, bummer about HCBFs work situation.  Relationshipping is hard but you guys are rocking it out.

Diana – wow, that was quick healing!  Yay!  Congrats on the race.  Love your RR.  Sounds TOUGH!!

HCK – 40mph winds?  Eeeks – don’t blow away!!

Cathy2 – OMG I love peanut noodles!  Cougars??  Holy crap.  We have coyotes which are scary enough.  Yes!  The weather slid south of me, too!!

Tessa – LOL OMG that was a crazy trip.  And extra services provided would have been nice indeed!!  LOL  I seriously do not know how you get by on such little sleep!!

Okay, gotta boogie.  Coworker called in sick again – it’s a monthly thing, it seems.  HH tonight with a very good friend – yay!  Later, peeps!!

Ha, they were TM miles. I only took the picture and went inside. Highs of 88F without heat index here, so we are in the 90s.

Damaris

Quick fly by!

I stole some peanut butter at the Sbx this morning and CANNOT FIND IT!!! I wanted it for my morning snack darn it.

Core this morning, need to run tonight. Will probably run along Shoreline Park again and pick up a salad on my way back to the hotel. If training runs late I will just use the treadmill and order room service. Yes, I know I am boring but I'm enjoying the quiet down time. Great knitting!!

DF left for sea duty this morning.  Sad Hoping I can go to Galveston and see him in a couple of weeks.  Worried boss will deny my leave request unless I have significant progress on my current project--if I have to work 24/7 I will so I can go.

Later!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Richmond Animal League has a video camera going in one of their Foster homes. They brought a stray pup in that was pregnant! So they have had a camera on this dog for a couple days so we all could see her have her puppies. She finally had them this morning! I have gotten nothing done because I am over here “ooing and ahhing” at these cute little things!!! She had 11!! 2 didn't make it though Sad

I have my call tomorrow at 11:30. I have prep questions ready for them and questions and answers ready for what I am thinking they are going to ask me. I get nervous and jumble my words..so hopefully the script helps Smile

Docket – Nice 4 last night. How is DH doing?

Judy – Rainy runs are fun! Hope you missed the heavy rain today!

Diane – The “friend” is indeed the regional director. So I am guessing that maybe my name came up and he wanted to know what my deal was. Haha. NOOO keep fighting off that cold!

Kathryn – OOOOO what kind of bread are you making? Geez! You are going right from the plane to a race! I like your style Smile How long are you there for again?

Cathy – You made peanut butter?! How hard is that (that’s what she said)? So you are talking about the animal cougars right? LOL Wink That’s weird. I wonder why all the sudden they are in your area! You have an idea when you will try a run? Awe, thanks for stalking! I am putting a lot of pressure on myself!

Tessa – Wow, that was a quick trip to Phoenix! I bet you are exhausted. Nice job getting out there this morning..glad you didn’t get too crappy. LOL. Hang in there!

Sandy – Cake for breakfast! YEAH! Smile Nice run this morning! Your weather is improving. Light at the end of the tunnel Smile Laughing at your story about coming up on a family gathering! OPPS! Did they understand you at all? Smile Mammel is hobbling along..I don’t really ask because I don’t care. Is that mean? LOL. I looked at race weather this morning..I don’t want to jinx it but it looks realllyyyy good! Have fun at happy hour tonight!!!

Susan – Hope you are able to get in a run this evening! Hope you can see DF in a few weeks!

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!