Womens Running

Is it Tuesday? - Supermoms (Read 31 times)

mrszackmorris

arm: i'd rock some flats in vegas for sure! funny about the alcohol boot camp. that is totally something i would do! i can't handle my licquor at all; makes me a very cheap date. i think they actually call the party an awards party, but tell us about it at christmastime so we loop it in under christmas party.

jen: we were asked to bring fruit for dd1's easter party, so i just peeled 2 bags of cuties. cheese and sausage platter maybe? a said they had that today and all the kids ate it all. or how about jello jiggler eggs?!

car: hope the well checks go great today. c has his on monday.

spike: i think they just do it in a random month hoping more people can make it than around the holidays. we couldn't make it last year as it was the same day as my sister's wedding. i would much rather wear jeans and rp and i (whose husband works at the same place) decided we would wear jeans only for both of our husbands to shoot that down quickly. boo! guess i'm going little black dress instead. i am seriously the worst packer in the world.

Erniegirl

Mer - It is always sad when someone is having trouble getting pg but, uh, your SIL sounds like a total piece of work. And claiming to have been trying for 9 years is just bizarre. It also amazes me when extremely overweight people refuse to acknowledge that their weight might be contributing to their fertility problems. It sounds like you need a good sleep in! I hope you can get that this weekend.

cx2 - Yikes, your high bp/birth story is scary! They pumped a bunch of meds into my sis when she got to the hospital in labour, gave her an epidural and then had her lie quietly in a dark room. Her bp went down but then when she was pushing it went up again like yours did and they had to use the vacuum. She is going back to her ob tomorrow and, I just realized, she is actually 37 weeks pg so I have a feeling she is going to end up getting induced soon.

Jen - I think that travelling solo with J is ones of those things that sounds impossible and stressful, but when the time comes, you'll just get it done and it won't be too bad. People are probably going to be very helpful when they see you travelling alone with him, while pregnant. I seem to recall the second tri was a reprieve from the having to pee all the time thing, so you might not even have to pee during the flight!

Bermy - Yum, I love pumpkin muffins. That babygroup is sounding lamer and lamer. Sitting around in a restaurant all the time is the last thing I would want to do with S. very impressive on DS learning his vowels!

Mrszm - Yay for your successful run last night! Why is DH's Christmas party next month? I know of some companies that do them in January, but that is really late! Bummer on him hating your new dress. I was going to say that you should get to buy a different new dress then, but dress shopping is such a PITA you might be better off just wearing something you already have.

Arm - Awesome comments about DS's throwing arm! I have that Racheal Ray 30 minute meals cookbook, too. Some of the recipes are really quick but some are definitely not 30 minute meals. And some of them are kind of gross. Ha ha, on alcohol training. I need it too, I also have no tolerance.

CA - Yay for STTN! But boo to the man cold. S has had so many colds this winter and my DH has somehow managed to avoid them all. It's a miracle. Have a good tempo run!

Spike - You are a packing and cleaning machine! Did you say before that the new job would also have less flexibility in addition to being further away? The money thing is not bad on its own, since it sounds like you will be able to get raises fairly soon and I'm assuming the earning potential would be better in the long run? The job shadow should give you a good impression of how you would like working there. Yeah, my sister was retaining water like crazy in her first pregnancy, too. Her feet were practically round balls.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Ok, sorry I was thinking you said you finished in 2:50:49 this year but that must have been last year's time. I'm a little scatterbrained this week!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- Yes, currently my house is 1.5 miles from my work (daycare is another 6 miles beyond that), this other employer would be in the next town about 20 minute commute in good weather. Their work schedule is 8-5, my current schedule is 7:30-5 M-Th and 7:30-3 on Friday which I love. I'm worried that adding a commute will take a bite out of my running time and/or kid time. The pay they are offering is only 43 cents more than my current wage, so not enough to offset the gas I would use commuting.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

bermy - That Cozy Coupe is awesome!  I hope DS has a lot of fun in it.  I was surprised to read that you said it snowed by you...amazing the misconceptions we have about different areas. Your muffins sound really good.

mrszm - Glad you got out for a run.  I, too, had to reread about a Christmas party in spring!  Yeah, SIL is a piece of work and MIL wonders why we don't spend more time with them.  She always thinks she's pg.  The SAME thing happened when we were pg with J.

armmama - The hardest part is getting out the door. A girls night out does sound like fun.  Too funny about practicing drinking! Smile

CAR - Nice that you were able to do both checks at the same time.  I hope your run goes quickly.

spike - I hope everything works out the best for you with the offer.  How cool to be able to shadow for a day before making a decision.  I have to admit, when you posted your hourly requirement, I had to divide out my salary to see what I made an hour. Smile  I wasn't nervous about telling her as I didn't know they were "trying".  I honestly haven't seen her since Christmas and am okay with that.  They lead very, um, different lives than we do and have different morals/values.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

back for personals...

NRR 2: scored a completely FREE thomas train table, along with tons of trains, a halloween costume and a few other thomas accessories. One of the ladies i used to train has a 5 yo boy who's outgrown it, and she wants to just give it to me for R! I'm soooo excited. We'll go pick it up the weekend after easter.

zorbs; hope the 3 year check-up goes well today for B! great RR, and i watched that video last night, that hill makes boston's heartbreak look like a speed bump! hardcore, and way to get up it w/o walking at all!

r-eh: nice job on the run today, and wait until tomorrow- your abs might be more sore than you think Wink  Yay for a bird singing- i saw a few robins last week on my LR, and it gave me hope that someday it's going to be warmer out.

Cx2- glad that C did well at the appt, sounds like she's growing well! R always runs around like a wildman after dinner- i let him be crazy, i know he's burning off that last bit of energy before bed! aw, hope work goes ok for you today!

jen: hope you have a good run today! glad that J slept for you last night, he must be finally getting better. YAY for only 3 days of work, then off to sunny warm FL!!! crossing my fingers for good news about your gallbladder, what's your feeling on surgery to have it out?

shelbyjo- whew, what a workout today, esp with the stroller! hope it went well for you. I'm glad that H likes his new class and teacher. How cute about the parade, I love it! Glad that the boring clinical is almost over, what's next for you? sorry about the weight gain...do you think that eating more might help you lose a couple of lbs?

Ernie- yay for 1000's! seems like a good workout for the day! wow, way to go on the nap yesterday S! R has yet to fall asleep on the couch, though he's been close to it on the floor a few times. Yikes, fingers crossed that your sister is ok! We're going to visit my parents as well as the IL's. They live about 30 minutes apart, which is super convenient when we travel!

Mer- enjoy your run today, hope it's nice and sunny for you! aw cute about brushing J's teeth! mmm, coffee! I never gave it up completely when I was preggo with R. I definitely cut back and limited myself to just one cup a day. I hope you can catch up on some sleep and rest well this weekend! Grrr about your DH's brother's wife. Some people are so clueless.

Bermy- hope the 12 goes well today! glad you have the flexibility in your schedule, enjoy it! oooh, i should get R a set of those bath letters, i bet he'd lvoe them! sorry about the flop of the baby group, I have yet to find one too. I'd join your running mom playgroup for sure!!!

mrszm- glad the run went well yesterday, hope the ART is good to you today, what are you having worked on? happy 18 months, C! he's exactly a month younger than R. ha, i love oranges too, but it does take days to get the smell off. what didn't DH like about your dress? yep, R loves little blue truck, too!

arm- hope your run is awesome today! sometimes i find that the best runs happen when i'm not 100% into heading out for a run. ah the trhowing- R likes to spike his sippy at the dog. lol on the drinking to prep for the bachelorette party! i'm such a light weight- one glass of wine and i'm happy!

CA- hope the tempo run goes well today! hpe the well visits go well for the girls today. Ugh on DH and his man cold...they're worse than the kids.

Spike- Yay for a stroller free tempo run! eek about the screeching in the middle of the night, not cool little R! wow on cleaning the basement- lots of work! did you set up a date to job shadow?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- I haven't scheduled it yet, but I will do it on Thursday or Friday if I have time. I let her know this week was crazy for me because we are moving. Sweet about the train table! My sister is going to keep my nephew's train table for me until we move into our place we are building.

Mer- Very few people where I live are salaried. DH is union so he's hourly as am I. My hourly wage is a little misleading though because it doesn't include bonuses that I get each trimester.

RunningUphill

Just a quick random lurker post. . .I haven't been posting but have been lurking occasionally, and everytime I read, Spike- you have a comment to me.  I am thinking you must have someone else confused with me?  I don't know, just thought I'd mention because it has happened the past 3 or 4 times I have looked Smile

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - hope the 3 yr check goes well today. Nice to not have to do anything for a whole day!!

eh - awesome run! 5k pace is hard! I can't even get down to that pace yet.

cx2 - My O is a shrimp also! Sounds like she's doing awesome with her walking.

Jen - will you have to fast for your gallbladder u/s? I did... they wanted my stomach/everything empty.

I'll be back for more later...

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Marathonjen

real quick...off to find motivation to run

rg - If it is my gall bladder and the risks are low I want the surgery because I HATE feeling like this...it is miserable and the doctor said the further along in the pregnancy the worse it will getSad

CA - Yes, I have to fast for 8 hours.  I originally asked for an afternoon until I found out I had to fast...I get nauseous not eating in the morning so this should be interesting.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runninguphill- I think I'm getting you and RunningEh! mixed up on here. Obviously I know who you guys are but sometimes my fingers type what they want to!

superspike113

Honorary Old

armama- +1 to flats in vegas. I was just there in January and never wore heels because there is so much walking. Make sure they are comfy flats too- I wore some new glitter ones and they rubbed a spot raw on my heel.

running eh

cx2 - great job getting up early and running in the dark, I know it can be tough.  Hope you had a good day at work.

mjen - DS liked TaeKwonDo when he was there, but every Tuesday he would say that he didn't want to go.  I didn't end up signing him up again as I found an open spot in swimming lessons starting next month.  We are going to do that instead.  Yay for 3 more days!!!  You must be so pumped! I haven't been on a flight since before I had kids, but good luck Smile

shelby - the kids parade is such a great idea.  how did you run go?  I know that weight stuff can be frustrating, but I try to remind myself that a strong body is best.  Your body needs to carry you 26.2 miles in about 3.5 hours - that is amazing stuff.

ernie - hope everything is okay with your sister.  You rocked those 1000m - mine were a LOT slower - way to go supermom!  FR sounds delish - I love salmon!

rg - yay on the train table!  that is a great find.  You were right about the abs, they have gotten more sore as the day has gone on.  Hope your run went well - glad things went so well yesterday.

mer - hope today is better than yesterday for you!  I much prefer running outside - do you do most of your runs on the TM, or just in the winter?

running eh

bermy - hope the 12m went well!  Is the weather better today?  Super bright rug... what kind of super bright?  Patterned or solid? I saw someone recommended Houzz - I love looking over there.

mzm - glad you could get out for a run.  too bad about DH and the dress  - did you get it online or at a store?  cool about the crane.

arm - How did the run go?  Were the Cod Cakes good at least?

CA - DO you prefer tempo on the treadmill or outside?  I know I am much more comfortable outside.  Woohoo for STTN!!!!

spike - let us know how the run goes!  Exciting about the job offer - sounds like it could be a good company to work for if they let you try it our first!  You can't do everything - once you are settled maybe you will have time for ST - but cut yourself some slack, mama!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Shel - That parade sounds so cool! Don't stress the weight, you're in such amazing shape, it's just a number anyway.

ernie - I hope your sister is ok, that would be super scary!

RG - amazing run yesterday! I think of how quickly you get your runs done sometimes when I set my MPH to 7.0... M has never been super into the Boynton books, but she loves to read, just funny how different books speak to different kids.

mer - ugh on the SIL. I know that having fertility issues is truely hard, but it sounds like she's just ranting - and I have a hard time feeling bad for people who can't even get healthy to conceive a baby. I had a grocery store cashier ranting to me, (I know weird, random oversharing) about how her dr told her she was fat and had to lose weight to get pgr... she went on about how she wasn't, and I was just thinking, uh yeah, you are. Enjoy the coffee! I don't know if I would have survived pgr without coffee.

Jen - you can do the flight!! It might be a long tiring day, but you'll power through it and be fine. I've flown a fair amount w/ one (and now 2) kids. Travel light - especially w/ carry on luggage, take a few things to entertain him on the flight, ipad/tablet is golden, books, stickers... If you have to pee, ask for help, basically everytime I've flown the stewards, and other passengers have been great. I've had other passengers or flight attendants hold my baby before... it's not like they can go anywhere with them, and it's only 2 minutes. You can do it.

bermy - bummer that DH didn't like the rugs... my DH wouldn't have a clue and would most likely not even want to go look at them. I'm glad you listened to our weight comments, I know for a fact you'd kick every one of those women's arses in a running competition. I hope you find an outdoorsy group full of fit reasonable moms! I LOOOVE morning glory muffins Smile yum. I think white whole wheat flour behaves more like white flour. I also think that a heavier dough is OK for pizza crust at least when I make pizza crust I make it fairly thin and crispy, so you aren't asking for a high rising, fluffy type bread from it. Tip - if you want to roll the dough nice and thin, refridgerate it before you roll it out.

mzm - are you done w/ babies? christmas next month? bummer on DH not liking the dress. If it's sitting down, I'd wear sexy heels, if there will be standing, dancing, etc, flats.

arm - lol on ds's ball throwing! Annoying on the RR recipe... those types of meals always take me longer, but I don't have a staff to pre chop my vegis for me either.

spike - yay for a sans stroller run! have you kept w/ the later bedtime for R? Has he been better about the middle of the nights (other than last night obviously).

reh - I prefer to run outside for almost everything, but have been doing a couple of my runs on the TM while the girls nap, it's easier than effing up naptime, and pushing the stroller, and I hate running uber early or late in the day. I think that I run a bit faster on the TM though bc I focus on a number and not flying off the back, so I push myself really hard.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/