Womens Running

Tuesdailies--- National Ice Cream Sandwich Day (Read 11 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

They make vegan ice cream sandwiches. And they're actually tasty.

Today I normally do hills but need the rest day. Maybe I will play pickle ball with hubby instead (we just try to get the ball to stay in the court. Lol). But that's only if it isn't too hot or windy.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

I have never played pickleball, but it looks like fun.

Spin class this morning.

Lori--oh boy--I have ice cream sandwiches in the freezer.

Not much else happening here.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 4 or 7 later and a massage after work.

So, Rubio has been losing weight and eating less and less. His arthritis has gotten bad. We don't want to put him down yet so I ordered one of those bags where I can pinch him to force feed him because the fucker bit me yesterday while giving him the pain med and he is still semi feral after 12 years with us. It does not help that he either has lymphoma or IBS that we've been trying to cure/make better for 3 years. Sigh.

It helps being WFH to feed him through the day starting tomorrow!

Lori, how come I never realized you were vegan?

Sue, I don't even know what pickleball is, ha. How's the crazy boss doing?

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Damaris I've only been vegan for 3 months. I'm trying to do it for energy. And hubby is trying it to get off some meds.  I'm sorry about Rubio

Pickleball is like tennis only in a smaller court and with a wooden paddle and whiffle ball type ball. It's easier in my opinion. But I still suck at it. Just less so than tennis.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Damaris--my boss just asked me to schedule my medical appts outside of work hours so I can get more done. I'm getting my teeth cleaned today. I've already rescheduled once bc there was a meeting conflict.  WTF?????

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris--my boss just asked me to schedule my medical appts outside of work hours so I can get more done. I'm getting my teeth cleaned today. I've already rescheduled once bc there was a meeting conflict.  WTF?????

That's what sick leave is for, FFS. She cannot deny you this willy nilly; you can talk to whatever HR we have.

Damaris

Just pissed me off. I take 1 hr s/l a month for chiro and two dental appts a year. I worked while I was sick bc I felt like I had to.

Debating if I should send to HR (they do nothing) or just tell her how I feel about it (probably that should be the way to go. She has overstepped).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tell her. She does this shit because she thinks she can get away with it.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 miles this morning.

BerthaSlayer, I share the parking lot with pickleball players at the school. They are parking, I am using the lot for a track. Seems really popular here--plus they are out in all sorts of weather, heat, cold, etc.

CrazySue, that is just too much. Plus, most medical places are open the same business hours.

Docket, is the bag something that the cat goes in?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, no. I am sure we will have to put him in. But I can wrap him in a towel for that. I hope.

Damaris

ccoakley

Lori, hope you enjoyed your pickle ball.

Sue, that is so inappropriate of her I hope you do say something.  I'm sorry but outside maybe the actual oval office no government job can't be delayed by a morning or afternoon without the world ending.

Damaris, sorry about Rubio very convenient timing for you with the WFH.

HCK, dodging cars doesn't sound fun, hopefully they know to look for you now.

Travel RD for me.  We made it to CA without any flight drama.  I was fully expecting the worst and we brought an extra carry on with full change of clothes for all of us and 3 days of snacks.  DH thought I was overreacting but I figured the more prepared we were the less we'd need it and it worked!  And none of the airports were even that crowded.

Garmin wanted me to run 82 min easy today and I really hope I get something similar tomorrow, I'm so ready to try running longer than an hr.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)