Womens Running

Cereal Thursdays! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

National Cereal Day! Why do I think of Karen? Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for this girl!

Enjoyed sleeping in because tomorrow is an EEARRLLLYYY wake up call. Going to try to run long and get to work on time..so..it will be a bit of a challenge. I love me a good challenge.

Walk through last night went awesome! It is so crazy how much it takes to get a wedding together. A lot of people and plans have to all come together at just the right time. So glad we have a wedding planner. We went over set up and finalized some things on the menu with the caterer. I can picture everything now. My dress is going to be perfect in this space! I can't wait!!!! Afterwords we grabbed a drink with my parents but didn't eat since we had food delivered to the house (people are still bringing us food for HCF). We got home around 8 and scarfed food down. Had a hard time trying to go to sleep at 9:30..probably because I was full. SO GOOD though! Smile

Laura – I am so happy you had a great time! Loved your pictures you posted Smile Is it really possible to relax too much?! Smile You needed it!

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday! I am ready for this weather to make up its mind!

Lisa – Wow, nice job on the treadmill yesterday! Understand about the music. During a race, I listen to podcast until I hit the 18-20 mile mark, then I switch to music. Helps me speed up a little Smile I always pass on cake when it is in the office – so I understand! I am a cake snob..I am not wasting calories on a cake that is not my absolute favorite.

Sandy - Have a safe flight home! Miss you around here!

Happy Thursday!!

Oatmeal for me this morning!!

4 miles --first mile loop I walked Skye, then did an easy 3 miles.  Piriformis area still sore, but not screaming at me so I guess that is good.  I think I am sitting too much--I need to use my standing desk more.

DH has been in St Pete all week for a meeting. Sounds like they have been on the "food and beer" tour each evening.  He's had a couple of drinks, but oh wow--he's been telling me how much these folks drink--yikes!!! Even the women!!  They are driving back this afternoon . Yay!

Lizzie--enjoy your rest day!

Later!

Kilmisters

Hi, everyone!

Quick check-in.

*) My favorite NHL team (Philadelphia) will have 2 games in Europe (Czech Republic) in October, I AM GOING, woo! Best friend 'on board' w the plan - check. Boss ok w me taking another vacation so soon after MI trip - check.

*) This day, omg. RedBull-fueled. I have an important meeting tomorrow at 9am (who. does. this.) so not sure what to do w today's practice plans. Might just skip it just for sake of more sleep.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I ended up not running yesterday, as I spent most of the day standing up in court or driving and after pilates I just didn't wanna.  So, I'll move it to Friday.  I have 12 miles tonight.

Liz, enjoy the rest.  So exciting to do a walk through!  Makes it feel that it's almost here!

Susan, nice run.  Count me in for the drinking a lot trip, ha.

Elina, good luck with the meeting and yay for the matches coming to you!

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

INTERVIEW WENT SO WELL!! Okay, so this is one I didn't think I wanted. But now I want. We are talking..REMOTE. I would have to travel occasionally - which is fine - but mostly work from home. It would be on the retail side of things on another financial account (I am on critical side right now). Things would be so much easier...and this is a "promotion". The money is about..5% more of what I am making now. Retail accounts don't make as much as critical accounts - but, its REMOTE. R E M O T E!! No mammel hanging over me all the time!!! I wish it was a little more money..but I mean - even if I move in a few years, its still technically a promotion. She told me to be prepared for a 2nd interview today. Smile They are "aggressively" interviewing.

Lizzie---Fantastic news about the interview!!  Fingers crossed!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

INTERVIEW WENT SO WELL!! Okay, so this is one I didn't think I wanted. But now I want. We are talking..REMOTE. I would have to travel occasionally - which is fine - but mostly work from home. It would be on the retail side of things on another financial account (I am on critical side right now). Things would be so much easier...and this is a "promotion". The money is about..5% more of what I am making now. Retail accounts don't make as much as critical accounts - but, its REMOTE. R E M O T E!! No mammel hanging over me all the time!!! I wish it was a little more money..but I mean - even if I move in a few years, its still technically a promotion. She told me to be prepared for a 2nd interview today. Smile They are "aggressively" interviewing.

That sounds great and a super cool position.  I love the remote part, as I work much better here at home without distractions.  Good luck!

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Cereal Day!    5 easy miles yesterday and 7 miles this morning with 4 at half marathon pace.  The half marathon pace actually didn't feel that hard compared to 10K pace on Tuesday.    On the radio this morning they called today "No jacket Thursday" since our temps will be up to 25 degrees!  Tomorrow is considered hot since temps will go up to 35.     It actually felt balmy this morning, compared to the negative temps we had been having.  Though we are back to 40 mph winds this weekend as well as sleet/rain so things are not looking great for my long run.  Oh well.

Liz, that is great that the interview went well!  I am keeping fingers crossed for you!!  I am actually not a huge fan of working from home because I like to get out of the house.    But it is nice to have the option.  I am glad things are going well with the wedding planning!  Awesome MP run yesterday!  You have time to think about goal pace.  

Elina, nice that you will be able to see the Flyers!

Damaris, enjoy the 12!

Lisa, the new shoes sound nice.    Trail Sisters sounds like a great group!  Interesting about music causing your pain on the TM.  I have been using the Fit Radio app which lets you select playlists with specific BPM based on the pace you are running.  Outdoors it can automatically adjust to your pace.  It is kind of cool, and gives me a little more song variety.  I don't normally listen to music when running outdoors so it make running on the TM more tolerable.  

Laura, welcome back!  Your pics on FB were nice.  I am jealous.    I hope work goes OK.

Judy, yay for the new shoes and other purchases!  

Karen, nice workout!  You seem to be running really well now.

Cathy

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm not usually a cereal eater but today I ate Honey Bunches of Oats after I ultra walked 5 miles on the tm.

Liz....woot woot on the interview. Options are always a good thing. I wish I could run with music. The earbuds drive me crazy. But I may revisit the use of it this weekend.

Sue...I hope that pesky piriformis starts behaving

Elina.... awesome that your getting to see your team.

Damaris... enjoy your run tonight

Cathy... wtg with your run.  We are supposed to warm up this weekend. So basically we will be jumping from Monday's low  of  -20*C to 3*C on Saturday. This extreme weather fluctuation is what I thinkis bringing me down.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Thursday!

Lizzie, congrats on the interview.  Can't wait to hear more.  Rooting for you!!!  I could never work remotely - too lazy and I get distracted too easily.  (Not that my job would really work for it.)  How nice folks are still bringing you foods.

Sue, nice miles, glad your leg is less bothersome.  I remember some conferences and getting schnockered, with my boss...

Elina, cool on the new boss and being able to go to the games.  Fun.

Damaris, you didn't run?  That is so rare for you!!!  Enjoy your 12 tonight.

Cathy, no jacket Thursday is better than no pants day!  (They have it in Portland!)

Lori, pretty certain I won't be able to do the full at Glass City, I just don't think I can move my bootie quick enough over 26.2.  I am walking way too much.  Still on for the half the day before though.

Cereal, the only one I really like is Special K with the strawberries.  I eat the box in about 3-4 days so it is too expensive.

Don't shoot me, but it is 55 out and I was chilly...  Supposed to be 80 on Saturday.  I did get a short run/walk in.  Sadly, I can speed walk nearly as fast as I run/walk.  Kinda of depressing.

Tired today.  I agreed to work 10-6 yesterday and didn't leave till 7.  Ugh.  I do a fill in day on Saturday too.  I don't want to, but need the money for my trip NEXT year.  And I have been on a wicked spending spree.

Going to spend the rest of the day on errands and chores.  Still haven't done laundry from the trip - and I got back 2 weeks ago.  I got my InstaPot Tuesday and am going to give it a whirl later today or tomorrow.

Off to murder Barney and his entire family...  (ie, I need to wash my purple hair out.  It is amazing how much dye comes out on the first few washes.)

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, I wish you the best with the interviews and we are all cheering for you to get what you want. DS works from home (since out west is pretty far from VA) so he is a remote user. He enjoys it a lot especially when it snows and he doesn’t have to go out.

A little warmer today. Finally!
                          50 minutes on the TM with new Adrenalines! They are definitely more cushioned than last year's version. I'm lacing differently again also. I go up the side holes several times because of my high arch. I've been using the lace locks but that really shortens the top loops in case I want to "tie the bunny ears together".  Therefore I stopped using them. These shoes feel so GOOD! These are blue yet close to the teal from last year. The black ones with colors added come tomorrow. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Running rest day. Kettlebells later. I went to the post office this morning to finally mail my old phone to my mom. DH is working at home. I was gone for 1/2 hour. While I was gone apparently Huckles got up on the side table he's been getting up on and getting into trouble. I told DH yesterday he shouldn't leave anything sitting there. Apparently he got up there and quite possibly ate a bolt. DH yelled at him and he dropped the nut. He found the other stuff from the table on the couch and floor, but not the bolt. We looked in all the couch cushions, under the couch, under the tables, nothing. So Huckles is getting an X-ray. With the crap he eats outside, who knows what they'll find. Sigh. Glad we have insurance in case there is a bolt in him and they have to operate. I think (as Liz suggested the other day), they're going to have to start going to daycare again. Next week daycare is closed because they are full of boarded dogs due to spring break. I don't really want to get the kennel back out, but if he can't stay out of trouble I may have no choice.

Liz, so exciting! Both the walk through and the interview!!!! I feel like I should celebrate with cereal for dinner (which you know I love to do!) but DH is not on board. He eats cereal for breakfast most mornings, but doesn't share my appreciation for it as a dinner food.

Susan, I am glad you are hopefully seeing a little progress with the piriformis.

Elina, that is awesome on the hockey games in the Czech Republic!

Damaris, eh, sometimes it's best to just call it and run another day.

Cathy, yuck on your weather for the weekend. Umm, no jacket day is 70 and above. Thanks, I feel like I'm running well right now.

Lori, have you tried the Aftershokz instead of regular earbuds? Earbuds, no matter what brand, always seem to fall out of my ears, but since these just kind of sit there and don't actually go in your ears, they work great for me.

Kathryn, that's a lot of hours. I'd be tired too. Wait, where are you headed next year? I like to travel vicariously through you.....

Judy, yay for new shoes that feel good!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, no. Bad Hucks!  Hope he does not need surgery.  This reminds me so much of Marley and Me.

Kat, I know!  But I have an RD a week I consider floating and take it when needed.  I just didn't have it in me yesterday.

Lori, great job!

Cathy, nice workouts!

Judy, nice job on the TM.

So I am already paid for a solo trip to Disney for Marathon Weekend in January.  Doing the Goofy again.  Most of my GFs are going.  I just want a weekend of food, cocktails, park walking, and running.  It will be a stress-less race (as far as I can be no stress).  I even bought the meal plan so lots of snacks and food in the parks.  I CAN'T WAIT!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, I would hope a small bolt would pass, unless it won't move out of his stomach.  What a bummer.  Next late April I am off to the Galapagos.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024