Womens Running

It's GO TIME WEEKENDS!!! (DAILIES) (Read 24 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

WOOHOOO lots of races this weekend!

GOOD LUCK!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.2 for me! Heading to the gym in a few for a core class.

Almost just took the entire weekend off but made myself get out there. I said to myself..lets just do 5K..but ended up feeling pretty good so did 5. Felt pretty awesome since the weather was 50! Smile I was looking for this meteor shower but didn't see it! Bummer!

After the gym HCBF and I have some adulting to do. We don't really care what we do today as long as we are together. Can't believe its 1 year! Smile Smile

I am a little sore in weird spots but I think that is from body pump! Epsom salt bath helped a bit last night. I am also going to try and schedule a massage this week and the following week. I want to recover as best I can!

Kilmisters - I second Damaris - your daughter should be named lady hulk regardless Smile Glad she is doing well! Get some rest!

Lori - Oh man, I hear ya on the taper madness. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. That would make me extremely paranoid. Hope the new meds work out. I have many races I want to do but I have to scale back for budget. I wanted to do one Feb/Mar but opted to do it local because of cost. Fargo and Twin Cities will be my big ones next year travel wise! I wish airline tickets were cheaper!

Laura - O.M.G. I saw the video of your son yesterday on Facebook. I am so glad he is okay - that is just AWFUL. I feel like there should have been some punishment for that team and FOR SURE the kid that hit him. What the heck! I am glad his team got the win! Thats a good “HAHA” in their face Smile Nice miles yesterday! Sounds like a GORGEOUS day!

Damaris - Thanks for that vote of confidence! Good lord you had a long day yesterday!

Huronheart - OH WOW!!! That is really creepy! I wonder if you should report that. If he is doing it to you he is doing it to other people! That is scary and very smart of you to run to the neighbors house. Be careful! Do you run with any personal defense? Don’t tempt me with the job openings up North..I would just leave HCBF behind. LOL.

Margaret - Oh, so sweet of you to deliver running gear to the victims! GREAT news on the rain and great news on your run! How are you feeling?

Good luck to everyone running this weekend! Diane, Kathryn, Sandy, Ginny and Run4kupcakes! Did I miss anyone?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have OTF and 5 miles today.

Lizzie, nice run!

Damaris

LC Runs

Happy Saturday, Ladies!!

Good luck, Racers!!

5.3 for me this morning.  I am slacking on my squats though, oops!  Off to younger DS soccer games, they are local today though so no real travel involved.  Beautiful day for it!

Lizzie - Happy One Year!!  Have a great day/weekend!!  How early do you run on the weekends?  Are you at least in daylight LOL?  Yeah, that was crazy.  They are always overly rough when they are losing but that was just dumb.  I think the kid waited for the ref to turn his back because the coach and players had to tell  him about it before he gave the kid a red card.  We played them a couple of weeks ago and I thought they had gotten better, like maybe they had  a new coach or the meaner kids graduated last year...but i think they were better because they were winning.  Oh well, on to bigger and better games!!

Damaris - have fun at OTF and a good 5 miles!

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I ran 12 miles today with my group. The halfers were running 11, the full 12. I ran 8 with the ~10 minute milers, then ran back about 1/2 mile and ran 3.5 with the ~11.5 minute miler. It was one of those fun chatty runs for me, and they all seemed to be running well. I told the slower girl she was running stronger this morning than the last time we ran together (because she was), and I think she may have even sped up a little at the end once she heard that. Farthest distance ever for her, half marathon in 3 weeks. No real plans for me the rest of the day. I'm sitting at 60 miles for the week and plan to run 10-12 tomorrow, hopefully once the next cold front rolls through tomorrow morning (it was super humid this morning).

So Half Crazy is probably finished by now - hope it was fun! And Diane's race is today right? Then the MCMers tomorrow. Anyone else?

HuronHeart, scary about the creepy dude. Smart thinking running to the neighbors house. Thanks for sharing the cemetery plot gift story - that is awesome and you may be the first person I've "met" that can rival the spark plug gift story.

Liz, happy anniversary to you and HCBF! I'm leaning towards Fargo and Twin Cities myself. And Boston. I want to do the Maine FE, but I'd rather do a road marathon, plus DH wouldn't mind another trip to Maine (but not next year) and has absolutely no interest in going to North Dakota. A friend just raced MDI in Maine and his pictures of Maine in the fall are gorgeous.

Damaris, have fun at OTF. I skipped it this week - too damn much running to fit it in.

Laura, nice run as usual and enjoy the soccer game. That video from your older DS' game was just shocking. Glad he's okay.

Hurrying to post this before noon my time so my "good morning" is still valid.....

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi all

Pretty uneventful 12 miler in the books for me. Right knee is feeling weird.  That's new. Darned taper.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

ginnyb

Elina.....my oldest son weight 3.6 pounds when he was born, never had any problems, just had to gain weight.  Little Hulk sounds appropriate.  Glad she is doing well.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend.  Wonder how Diane is doing?  Sandy and Kat have a great run, I know you will!

LC...I saw your video on FB about your son's soccer game!  That's terrible, I would have been furious.  Seems to me that a harsher punishment was in order.  I only did the 66 squats twice, I'm bad and lazy right now.

Lizzie....can't believe it has been a year for you and HCBF either.  I hope you two have had a great day.

I can't decide about Maine.  Is anyone else doing the 25K or are you all doing the 50K.?  I was looking at the results from last year and there were only 2 in my age group 60-99 (quite an age span there)  does that mean it is super difficult or just that there aren't many that attempt at this age?  Always makes me wonder.  We aren't camping are we???  Not fond of camping, LOL.

I am at work today, so Hi to everyone.  Going to attempt a run tomorrow, hope I can make it further than 5 miles this time, SHEESH!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Good luck, racers!!  I'm looking forward to the reports!

Elina, good luck to you and mini-K!

Laura, that's terrible that the goalie punched your son.  I'm glad he got pulled and that your team won! Woot on the 6+ miler!

Lizzie, bummer on the race being short.  That's so disappointing. You'll do great int the next one though.

Huron heart, I think it would be good to report the creep. Maybe the police will increase patrols and scare the guy away.  I'd bet you had a fast run home!

Lori, I'm sorry about hubby and sure hope new meds will help.

Cathy, I'm sorry about your foot.  Good luck. That's funny about your DD's and bras. I cut the wires out of mine. : )

Waves to everyone else.  I did 4.5 very easy yesterday and seem to be taking today off.  I've done some laundry and online adult work, but am still in pjs.   After I visit my mom in a.m, I leave for Philly to keep GS next week. I'm  looking forward to seeing him and we'll "run." They took his good stroller up and I'm going to try to run with him in it.  It'll be interesting.  : )

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baltimore half done. Treated it as a long run with fast finish. Good reminder why I prefer smaller races. So many people. RR here.

Lizzie, happy anniversary! It reminded me of the end of Sex and the City seeing that HCBF had a name on Facebook.

Huron Heart, yikes on the creepy guy.

LCRuns, that sucks about the poor sportsmanship.

Hi All!

ginnyb

I love cow tails!  Nice RR too.  I can only dream of a time like that.  I seem to struggle no matter what time of year it is, LOL!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ginny, thanks! I was wondering what the reach of Cow Tails was. Someone in the Pacific NW had never heard of them. I can't keep them (or the Goetze's caramel cremes) in the house. They are so addicting.

Happy Saturday!  Beautiful fall day here, sunny with a little chill in the air.  This morning, I went with a RC friend to drop off running gear that my RC collected for fire victims.  San Francisco Running Co. and Healdsburg Running Co., which is up near the affected area, are taking donations and setting up a "free store" for people who lost their running stuff.  Just trying to help people get back to somewhat normal lives as much as possible, you know?  I was planning on taking a rest day today but will probably go for a walk -- too nice of a day not to!  Then watching college football, eating unhealthy food, and drinking beer.  

Hey, I signed up for the Pinelands 50k (aka the "Maine Event") on Memorial Day Weekend, 2018.  Lisa created a team, "Axe Murderers," because, you know, people you meet over the internet could be axe murders so it would be crazy to go meet up with them for the weekend, right?    Reposting Lisa's post from FB:  "Use discount code of "websitediscount" to get $5 off of entry fee. Enter my referral code of VFNZB and we can create a beer/wine/snacks money pool with the refund I'll get."

Ginny, come to Pinelands!  Whatever distance you do, it'll be a fun weekend.  I'm not planning on camping... I need a proper bed and bathroom, lol.

Lizzie, congrats to you and HCBF on your anniversary!   Hope you have a nice day together, whatever it brings.    I'm feeling pretty much back to normal, thanks for asking.  My core is weak and my endurance is gone so I'm sticking to short 30-35 minute runs this month, then I'll start adding miles.

Damaris, enjoy OTF and a few non-crazy miles (for a change!).

LC, I didn't see the video but it sounds terrible!  Where do kids learn such poor sportsmanship?!  Parents?  Coaches?  Each other?

Karen, you are such a good coach.  I bet your runners are getting a lot of confidence and feeling good about their running.  I look at the MDI marathon every now and then and think how pretty it looks.  But I probably won't make it back to Maine again for a while after Pinelands -- so many races and places to check out!

Bertha, nice 12.  Tell the knee to shut up.  

Camille, you and the GS will have a grand time, I'm sure.  Have you run with in in the stroller before?  I am impressed by people that can do that.

Kilmisters, speaking of running and strollers...    Okay, sorry, I know mini-K needs to gain a few pounds before she can join our running cult.   

Kupcakes, nice HM!  Thanks for the RR.  Cowtails are not a thing in California, although they certainly look good.  But I have to ask, what song was it that gave you a boost at mile 7?  You don't need to be worried about embarrassing yourself.  Would it make you feel less embarrassed if I admitted to tearing up when I heard Chariots of Fire at the NYC marathon?

Okay, off to do something either productive or lazy.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Gatsby Bird, this. They had the bass cranked up, so that's about all I could hear.  The band came back about mid way around the lake and started playing Sweet Home Alabama, not the same. There was some chariots of fire earlier and Rocky played on trumpet somewhere around mile 11.

Nice way to give back to the running community.

Anonymous Guest

Nice race and report, HCK. Pretty even splits and yeah, that last bit definitely showed you weren't in full on "race mode." Baltimore was my first marathon and I still remember that long ass uphill. And even though I lived in Maryland for 15 years, I did not know what a cow tail was (other than the actual tail of a cow). I feel like I missed out!

Gatsby, very cool thing you and your running club did there.

Ginny, definitely no camping. I did some preliminary looking around for Pinelands - there are a few decent-priced airbnb places close by, plus all the regular hotel chains I think 10-15 miles away in Freeport. I think the weekend will be a blast, I just can't make up my mind....

Groceries bought, laundry done, floor mopped, what has gotten into me? Hoping to hang out with Lisa while she's in town tomorrow sometime.

Humidity is pretty bad today (lots of unexpected chafing after this morning's run) but a cold front is coming through tomorrow that should drop the dew point fro mid 70s in the morning to 50 by the evening. Planning on doing my tempo run in the afternoon just for the lower humidity.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Could someone please explain to this West Coaster what a "cow tail' is other than the long skinny bony thing with a tuft of hair at the end that hangs down from the top of a cow's rump? I have heard of "pigtails" meaning braids, but not "cowtails".

Elina, DD was born weighing about 2.4kg (and she was only 10 days early) and went home from the hospital about 2.22 kg, they do lose a little weight at first because they pee and they aren't getting much replacement fluid, colostrum is important but you don't produce much. Are you nursing or is she having a bottle, or are you expressing/pumping for her to be fed by tube?

Laura, unbelievable how that keeper behaved. Did the ref allow the coach to move another player into goal or did they have to play without a keeper?

Kathy, scary about being chased by someone who wanted to give you a ride. Did you get his license plate and if so did you report this to the local law? If not, next time (if there is a next time which I hope there isn't) do so. I run with a cell phone and one of the reasons I carry a phone is that I can pull it out and take a picture of the car & driver and text it to someone straightaway. You might also post it with the #MeToo hashtag.

Damaris, a deposition that went until 4 PM? I imagine everyone was ready for that to be over.

Karen, come to Pinelands anyway even if you're not racing! You could do the 25K with Ginny as an easy stroll.

Thinking about Diane, hope all is going well at the Pumpkin. I was behind an old Impala today and thought of her!

Kupcakes, I prefer to get on the train and go home rather than take time cleaning up and changing after the race. Especially if it's a long trip. This works better though if you are the only person in the car or the train is a) not at all crowded or b) full of fellow runners. After driving 300 miles home from Valley of Fire, unshowered, my family greeted me with held noses, grimaces, and invitations to go clean up immediately. But it is nice to be able to put on an old T shirt and sweats and veg out rather than putting on clothes you can wear to get home.

Oh, if we are talking about really bad gifts, I went off to college for my freshman year and, like many freshmen, put on some pounds during the semester. My mum looked at me when I came home for Christmas and under the tree for me was a square flat package. Santa had given me a scale. Worst. Present. Ever.

Ginny, I am also among the "really broke" group, but if I do make it to Pinelands I shall do the 50K. Think about where I live. It's going to be a while, if ever, before I get back to Maine, I want the credit for the ultra!

Go for the 25 if you'd rather, though. You're not going for the 50 states club, are you?

Karen, I have done both Fargo and Twin Cities, they're both good. Are you still thinking Mikkelson for South Dakota? I will happily run that one with you.

Camille, great, get DGS running with you! Pushing a stroller is even better aerobics than running alone.

No, NO camping at Pinelands. I would like someone else to take lead on arranging lodging, though -- Karen, would you be willing to work on an airbNb since you are so good at it?

Margaret, so nice of everyone to collect running gear! I'm sure there are some who are bitterly mourning the loss of shoes, race medals, race shirts, and other gear that can't be replaced. Which is probably another thing all of us should think about -- if there's an evacuation order or a fire, what would you grab? Your current running shoes? Your hydration pack? Your favourite running bra? Assume the family, the pets, and the photographs are already in the car and you have a moment to pick up a little bit of stuff, what would you take of your running stuff, if anything?

And Chariots of Fire is one song that gets me, two others are the theme from "Rocky" -- yes cliché I know, but still, it works -- and that old Bonnie Tyler song from the "Footloose" soundtrack, "Holding Out For a Hero".

WFH yesterday was more hectic than working at work is. I have more to do, I think, and try to get more done in order to justify working from home. I did get 10.7 miles in before work, ran up to the credit union to make a deposit and ran back. Then walked 1 mile to the eye doctor and another mile home. Appears I am in the early stages of glaucoma. So now I have prescription eyedrops that I have to put in every evening. These are the kind that might lengthen eyelashes (good) but also might reverse the old Linda Ronstadt song -- instead of making brown eyes blue, these drops can make blue (or green) eyes brown. Not thrilled about that. I like my green eyes.

The weather forecast is fierce. 102 on Tuesday!

Not so bad here today, which is good because I did 17.3 this morning. Windy but not overly warm.

I had to laugh at one sighting. You know how some car owners put orange cones at the back corner of a car parked on the street to alert drivers that this is where the car ends? I passed one where there was not an orange cone but rather a bright orange pumpkin placed carefully under the driver's side back bumper. I don't think this was the car owner's idea. The house in front of which the car was parked had no Halloween decorations. The house across the street, however, had a row of pumpkins on the front porch and there was a rather obvious gap in the row.

I hope the driver sees the pumpkin before s/he backs up, or the pumpkin owner retrieves it from behind the car.