Womens Running

Thursday Thrills (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Let's find something thrilling!

http://bringyourownbandaids.weebly.com/sept-2014

PCT hikers made it!  Remember the women from the plane to San Diego last April?  I forgot to update all but they did make it... at least the one I sat by did.  The other flew back to Germany for school. Pretty cool pictures and blog to read about the trail and people on it.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did 35 minutes at the track.

I’m doing well with the hydration and will be diligent about same forthwith. I’ve already had a glass of water upon arising. 

Today will be a track run and some cardio. It's going to be a busy weekend. We have meetings all day at work tomorrow, I'm going to some book sales on Saturday and a play on Sunday. I may help rake leaves as well. Not sure yet.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Morning - 3.3 misty miles.  Temps aren't bad though, it was kind of refreshing.  Did the same route, same distance Wednesday.

Lisa - that is really cool, I will have to check out the blog.

Judy - glad the dizziness has subsided.  I need to drink more water, as well.

Ginny - great job with the weights.  I am good for a couple of weeks, then don't do them for awhile.  I am trying to at least get in some squats, planks and push ups most days, since I can do those while watching tv!

Carol - glad you enjoyed your vacation!  The fun run on Saturday starts at Running Fit, so I will probably have to do some shopping, as well lol.

Camille - hey, a run is a run, no matter how or where!   I like the Voice, though haven't watched it this season.  I've discovered On Demand and have found some good series I binge watch (Madam Secretary and Scandal)

Damaris - nice 5 and Pilates. How are you feeling??

Sue - sorry about BF's ship but glad he got to come back for a bit

Shadow - I know, the kids have a big bowl of Halloween candy here....I am okay if I don't eat any but once I start.....look out!

Tessa - nice run yesterday, sorry you and your friend didn't meet up.

Marjorie - *sigh* I want shorts weather....great 10.1!

Have a little extra time this morning, I have to go to a 2 hour meeting tomorrow for work so I'm 'just' working an 8 hour day today.   Feels funny to have extra time.

Wherefore art thou Judy?

Lisa

ginnyb

did 5 miles on the TM this morning.  It wasn't too bad, I didn't get terribly bored, but my Ipod kept playing the same song over and over again, I must have hit the wrong button or something, I couldn't seem to fix it, so I had to keep fiddling with it.  Still haven't figured out how to hook up with the TV's, but there wasn't anything on I wanted to watch or hear anyway.

I do the same thing with WT, LC.  I will do it for a while and then I can't stand it and I stop.

There is a full moon so expecting it to be crazier than it usually is here at the library....I am sure it won't disappoint.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

I lost my post!  Oh why, oh why, did I change screens?

Lisa, that's great news on the young women.

Judy, enjoy the weekend!

Laura, it's so nice when you pop in.  Sometimes those misty/foggy miles feel quiet and serene, don't they?

Marjorie, my mom's getting more forgetful and the appt. this week was to a neurologist to discus Aricept or Namenda. He started Aricept. Thanks for asking.   How did your undertrained friend's marathon go?

Carol, I actually prefer running in place to a treadmill, though it's not such a great workout.  During commercials, I pick up clutter and take it to the right level so I get stairs in and feel productive.  It did perk me up.  As to a spring marathon, I've only done fall or winter ones.  Are you doing Charleston with Karen? It's winter, but you have a good base already.  Georgia is in spring and is now a decent race. The weather in late March is usually good, but it has been hot a couple times.

Demaris...it sounds like you're better.  Good news.

I didn't make it to golf course yesterday...long phone call with sis.  I did 40-45 minutes of repeats of a short road that only has one moderate hill.  I just didn't have the big hills in me yesterday. I need to do 4 today. It's raining now, but may stop.

Hi to everyone else!  I really need to get busy.

There you are Judy!  Missed you earlier!

Laura-enjoy all of that extra time!

Ginny-that happened to me the first time I had an MP3.  Was stuck on Dancing Queen by Abba.  over and over and over again.  Finally just turned it off.  I find that doing ladders on a tm helps for passing time.  So many minutes or set distance at one speed then up it by .1, then another .1 and so on.  Then back down or walk and start over again.  Or alternate speeds or incline 2 minutes or 3 minutes at a time.  Breaks it into small time increments vs the long one.  5 miles is pretty darn good though.  Run Buddy David (Susan ran with him) has done 20+ on a tm.  Groan.  He watches movies.

Camille-I never have the big hills in me.

ran 4.25 this morning.  Felt so much harder than it should then remembered that I had given blood on Tuesday.  I guess that could make a difference. Oh well done. DD is coming into work with me today. She will get paid for filing and putting together open enrollment packages and other odds / ends around the office.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ended up with an SRD from running yesterday as I forgot to do grocery shopping so had to do it after Pilates.  Plan is to run some miles solo, 3-4 with hubby, and weights tonight.

Lisa, very nice.  Nice run.

Judy, glad to hear you're hydrating better.

LC Runs, I am OK, although I can feel I am not breathing like I used to last year.  This whole year has been a disaster, ha.   Hope the meeting will not take all day.

Ginny, nice 5 on the TM.

Camille, sounds like a good workout still.

Damaris

Hobby Jogger Especial!

3 miles with my running buddy this morning, temp was about 42f. I got home to hubby being up watching tv with a nice fire in the woodstove. He couldn't sleep. It makes it very hard to get cleaned up and off to work when the living room is so cozy!  Upper body weights tonight.

Lisa - that looks very interesting. I'll have to check it out later. Thanks for starting us off. Nice job on the run. Enjoy your DD at work.

Judy - glad the hydration is going well. Sounds like a very busy weekend. Have fun!

LC - sounds like a nice run. I like the mist and fog when I run, as long as it isn't slick.

Ginny - good job on the 5 TM miles. I agree with Lisa that doing different things (hills, intervals, etc) helps with boredom

Camille - good job on the workout. Hope you miss the rain on your run.

Damaris - hope the run and weights go well

camille2

Taking a quick break...

Demaris, it does seem you've had a rotten year.  Have you thought of going to a place like Mayo for a second opinion for your asthma?  It's just a thought. I'm not familiar with the best asthma research places, but the top places can make a difference in care.  Mayo is on the Best Pulmonology  list from US News and World report but there might be a better option for asthma.  I think of Mayo because I had surgery there several years ago.  My husband also went  for a second opinion at one point because they had a team specializing in his type cancer.  They were quite impressive both times.  There might be better places for asthma. Like I said, it's  just a thought.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, Camille.  I am being treated by the best allergist in South Florida and it's not really the asthma that is the problem.  My severe allergy to dust is the culprit (my readings on asthma are really not that bad but because my throat gets closed off whenever dust is in the air, my breathing capacity (inhaling) is below 50%.  I can try someone else but I did try the best pulmonologist in Florida that left me worse than when I started.  It's the pollen vortex, a phenomenon that happened in January and is still ongoing.  We are basically at high allergy season for 11 months.  And basically, that's what happened in NYCM.  My throat closed off from all the dust in the windy air and it created an asthma attack.

I also think that because of the medical insurance, I am now at allergy shots every three weeks and I think I really need to get them weekly.  I am fine the weeks that I have my shot but then my breathing suffers for the next two weeks and repeat.

I just want to have the year 2013 every year, ha.  Well, except for the fibroids.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Heavy weights done (during my lunch break).  I love working from home.  Woke up at 730 and weights are done.  I have also filed three pleadings and I'm on a roll.  I wish I could do this every day.

Damaris

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Ladies, if you're in the market for running shoes, check out Amazon. I got a pair of Altra Lone Peak 2.0 for $100, then with the code 20offvet (good through Tuesday night), they ended up being $80. They're listed as $120 shoes normally. The discount code also works for some clothing and every day shoes.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me.

ginny that would be annoying having the same song

Camille her marathon is this weekend. I'm waiting to see. Her taper was basically no running. So no base and no run for two weeks. It won't end well. She will probably finish but will pay dearly for being so un trained.  Some just do not respect the distance

Laura shorts in Nov is nice. I don't want glove weather

Shadow does sound cozy coming back to fire in fireplace

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Keep us posted, Marjorie!

Damaris