Womens Running

Putting Out FIRES Tuesdays (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

The first day back from a holiday weekend is the WORST.

I will be literally putting out fires Wink

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 easy miles for me.

I woke up to the windows all foggy so I was expecting the worst..wasn't that bad considering. Good run!

Yesterday we ended up getting invited to the neighbors house for a cookout - so we decided to be social and go. So so so glad we did. We have some cool people on our street! It was nice to hangout and then only have to walk two houses down to come home Smile

Its going to be a crazy busy day over here. I have to travel at somepoint this week. May try and get it done tomorrow. Then my inspections are DONEEEEE!!!! I may try to head up to another site next week just so see a couple things, but nothing crazy. I am also TRYING ON MY DRESS TODAY! I am so excited. Still trying to lose 3 more lbs....

Judy – You had a very active weekend!

Diane – Awe, Diane. I am sorry about the migraine. They are no joke. The heat may have played a big role in that.  I hope you are feeling better.

Laura – Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Karen – Congratulations on the 10K! Finishing 4th overall is awesome. I loved that shirt! And the doughnut looks really good 😊

Sandy - I hope you had a great weekend at the wedding!

Keeping my eye on the prize this week - the WEEKEND. HCF and I are heading to the beach for 2 nights. Celebrating our "engagement anniversary". Basically just an excuse to head down to the beach. On Friday, it will be one year since he proposed. Time is flying!

Happy feels-like-Monday Tuesday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD for me.

I would normally be in Broward waiting for my deposition this afternoon but I'm in the office with a slight headache BECAUSE TODAY IS MY INTERVIEW!  Gah.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Back at work. Ugh. Did 6 last night with 4x800.

DHuffman, smart call in your race. Are you a daily coffee drinker?

Damaris---goood luckkkk on your interview!!!

5 hot miles this morning.  Skye ate one of my hand held water bottles this morning and chewed up my favorite visor.  Sad I need to find the bottle that works with the holders.  I pulled out several this morning trying to find a matching set.  Skye took care of the left overs .  Thanks

Had a nice weekend.  Kids came over Sunday and the other two came over Monday to swim.  They like hanging out at Mom's house now, haha. The pool was really nice and it seems a little cooler with the screened enclosure.  And...I didn't burn! It is not total protection, but helps some.

I should have teleworked today. But then I would have been in the pool.

Lizzie--woohoo on the dress! Have a great day.

Seloc

Back at work, ugh, is right!  Man, what a weekend.  Good times with friends and found warm sunshine in Seattle.  Ran a little, walked a LOT and biked some.  Also gave my liver quite a workout.  VERY happy to be home and ready to buckle down on health and fitness.  Was worried about being able to wake up this morning with the time change and overall exhaustion but met up with the super fast girl for 5.  I needed it!  Still pondering what to do for the fall.  I think I'm going to sign up for the marathon training class just to give me something to do and keep me accountable.  If I'm lucky, maybe I'll even meet some new people.  Not yet sure on a marathon, though.  Pondering 3 all on Oct 6th - Twin Cities (local but logistically difficult as a single person since it's point to point and I would have no ride), MKE Lakefront (easy logistics but would spend $$ on airfare and hotel and be in and out in 36 hours), Portland (cheap airfare and friends to stay with - I've also never been).  Plenty of time to consider.

Still north of the jet steam in these parts so it's quite cool.  45* this morning.  Lizzie's favorite!

Lizzie - sounds like a fun weekend minus the work stuff.  Nice job keeping your mileage up with everything you have going on.  Though of course you do cuz that's you!  That's awesome you guys still get to go to the beach!  Have fun with your mom tonight trying on your dress!

Kat - OMG you are a freakin ROCK STAR racing queen.  You impress the heck out of me!  Way to go!

Diane - sorry things didn't work out for you.  Why the no caffeine?  Is that something new?  That heat, though, whew.

Karen - congrats on 4th overall!  That's awesome!  Especially in what is now your summer soupy weather.  Whew.  LOVED your shirt!  Super cute pic of you and your friends.

Gatsby - glad you had such a nice trip to Peru and HUGE congrats on 7 continents!  That's freakin awesome.  Hope you have kicked that cold to the curb.

Cathy - hope your weekend on-call was nice and quiet and your procedure uneventful.  Did you have decent weather?  I guess it was SUPER nice here on Sunday but yesterday was a complete wash out - cold and rainy ALL day.

Carol - one more long run for you this weekend and then taper?  I'm SOOOOO excited for you!

Bis sis and fam are in town this week so hope to see them at some point.  Hey, at least it isn't Monday!  Have a good day!

Seloc

ACK!  I was actually thinking about you this weekend, Damaris!  GOOD LUCK TODAY!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Yes I normally drink one cup a day.  Friday I wanted to get going early so didn't have one at home and never stopped for more than a pee and gas.  Sat. the room had a coffee pot but no coffee.  Lesson learned, always bring some coffee with.  I didn't want to ask Kat cause I wasn't sure how much she had with her and I didn't think it would be a big deal as I was drinking coke at the AS.

If it hadn't been so technical I would have just gone ahead and finished at least the one loop but I felt that at least for me and being prone to falling anyway it was the safest option.

It's not a big deal as there are others out there that I'm probably more suited towards.  Live and learn.  I did find it odd that very few of the runners returned my good mornings and even less would call out as they came up behind.  Is that a TX thing?

It was wonderful seeing Kat and seeing her complete that course, especially in the dark.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

At least it's already Tuesday... I am finally done with being on call, so I am actually OK with the weekend being over!    No calls, I'm surprised since there was a large site getting upgraded over the weekend.  I was fully expecting to get called.  My colonoscopy went fine on Friday, no issues and I don't need another one for ten years!  Oh, running... 6 miles Saturday, 11 Sunday, and 6 this morning.  Did lower body strength this weekend also.

Lizzie, nice running lately!  We had a few warm days, today it was back to 55 and windy.  The wind felt nice!  Sounds like you had a busy weekend socializing.  Glad you had fun with the neighbors.  Did they say that they always see you running?  That's what usually happens when I go to neighborhood gatherings.    Of course, you are out there really early!  OMG on the fire.  Figures something rare like that would happen to you right away.    Woo hoo on trying on the dress!   Yeah, I think this is really happening.  

Damaris, good luck with the interview!

Sue, sounds like you are getting good use out of that pool!    Congrats on your du!

Sandy, sounds like a fun weekend!  Well, I suppose that you have a lot of time to pick a marathon since they are all on the same day.  It won't affect your training much.    The weather was OK this weekend, we had some rain but it was off and on.  And it never rained while I ran!    Humidity was in the air for the first time while running on Saturday morning.  Maybe summer is actually coming soon?  DH took the kids to a chocolate festival on Sunday afternoon and I got some quiet time, read and took a nice nap.  I had the window open and a nice breeze was blowing on me.  

Laura, the weather has been a bit crazy lately, from running in the windy 40's with mittens to 65 and humid a few days later.  Hanging out at the lake sounds like fun!

Karen, awesome job on the 10K!  Congrats on the overall placement.  You rock.    Haha, I noticed the donut.  Makes sense to be holding a donut after a race like that.  I like your outfit!

Carol, congrats on the 14!  Haha, I get tired with the marathon mileage also.  

Lori, wow, that sounds like really tough conditions for your race.  39 is still pretty amazing.

Elina, wow, congrats on that race!  They ran out of beer?  You really, really deserved a beer after that!  

Kat, amazing job on your race!  Congrats!  That race shirt sounds awesome.  

Margaret, haha, when I was reading about Elina's race I thought that it was one that you would enjoy.  

Lisa, interesting pic!  Primitive shuffleboard?  Looks fun!

Diane, sorry about the migraine.  I'm glad you made it safely to the AS!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think it went well and I knew all three people interviewing me. Tomorrow they will announce 2-3 to move on to second interviews so now we wait!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, how great your neighbors are nice!!  And walking home is always a bonus.  Good luck with your work stuff!

Damaris, glad the interview went well, rooting for you!!!!!!!

HCK, nice workout yesterday.

Sue, naughty Skye...  Nice the kids now enjoy mom's.  Smile

Sandy, glad you enjoyed Seattle.  Oddly, I never did the Portland Marathon.  It is under new management now.  There were tons of issues in the past.  Also, two different years the train came through the race.  They have also redesigned the course.

Diane, totally embarrassed about the coffee.  Great seeing you too.

Cathy, nice no call!  And glad to hear the colonoscopy went well and you're in the clear!

So I am having a massive issue with one of my massive blisters.  (Mad too, because I was lubing it along the way...)  I can literally barely walk on it.  It is on the side of my heal, but right at the bottom so the pressure is awful,  I wrapped it with thick moleskin yesterday and took some advil so it eased up for a few hours.  I just am hoping it isn't getting infected.  I nearly called in sick to work yesterday.  I am only minimally sore though, which is super surprising.  My right calf is funky, but certain it is from my foot and walking on my toes.

Super busy at work.  Had a massive I don't care attitude yesterday.  People who walk in wait.  If you don't like it, go to the other emergency clinic and wait for even longer.  What do you expect.  Got chided last night for not doing something, my fault mostly, but when the day doctor doesn't tell me shit about the case, I get a little pissy.

Happy Tuesday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hello all

Today I ran 5 miles. Wow was it humid. Not exactly hot but like breathing through a wet sponge. I lost 2 pounds during 5 miles. Toobad that is only temporary. Lol

We aren't acclimated to these warm temps yet but now that they're here they're likely to stay until November.

Thanks all for the kind words about my fatass event. I could have gone further along the route but I started to panic because I was solo and so far behind everyone else. I had to stop and try to figure out how I was going to get home or back to my car because hubby was without our car to pick me up.  It's all good . I will catch up this weekend to where the others stopped and then the following weekend the group of us will try to finish up the rest of the 103 miles which is about 50? And then I'm never doing this course again. Lol

Congrats to kat and Karen on their race.

Diane I'm sorry about the migraine. I bet it was the coffee.  When I was in hospital unable to eat or drink anything(I.v. fluids only) I had a killer migraine that the doc suspected was from lack of my daily coffee.

Liz.. woot woot on the beach getaway

Sandy.. . I'm lol'ing about the liver detox

Cathy. .. we aren't acclimated to these temps yet either.  Too drastic a change.

Damaris.  .. hope the interview went ok

HCK. .. nice workout

Sue... the pool sounds heavenly

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

dhuffman63

Trails

Aw Kat no worries, my fault for not asking.  You did so awesomely.

I used to get migraines monthly that would last a week but since meno"stop" a few years ago I don't get them.  I get regular headaches, mostly sinus because of allergies.  Just something to consider going forward.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – OMG. I want to know already! Haha 😉

Run4kupcakes – Nice run last night! Wasn’t it warm?!

Susan – Aw, Skye!! Silly pup. Sorry ☹ I want a pool!

Sandy – Aw, glad you had such a great weekend! Nice job with the run this morning! I would like to do the Portland Marathon at some point. I have been to Portland but never ran a marathon there. Its such a gorgeous city, I know the marathon is probably just as gorgeous. Joining the marathon training team sounds like a great idea. Funny, I was thinking about doing that as well. Probably won’t, but would like too! Our training team is expensive! And what if I have to poop while I am out there with them!? I can’t just duck in the woods! LOL. I was thinking this morning how I am looking forward to seeing you very soon!! I hope the first day back isn’t too bad today. You are so busy lately.

Diane – Coffee pot with no coffee? That’s weird. You made the smart decision in this situation! Now you can focus on the 24 hour! That’s next, right?

Cathy – AWESOME running for you this weekend! Great news about your colon 😊 And awesome that you didn’t get called this weekend! I would love 55!! BRING IT HERE. Yes, they did say they see me running. When I told them the times I sometimes am out there – they were all a bit shocked. LOL. 😊 A lot of them were interested in HCF’s ordeal and what happened. A chocolate festival? Yum.

Kathryn – Lubing along the way huh? 😉 I had to, sorry. Sorry about that blister. Keep it clean!! You now that already 😊 Sorry about work ☹

Lori  - Nice humid run today! OMG..you are going to be running a lot these next couple of weekends!

Dress fitting soon!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha, me too!

Did 55 minutes of kickboxing and today I didn't die (yesterday, I did 30 minutes after my run and I wanted to punch myself I was so tired and winded).

Damaris