Womens Running

We are NUTTY MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its National Nut Day! I am sure they mean the food..but, you know.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Everybody is nuts, including mother earth!

I have 6 miles tonight.  We have almost no water coming out of the pipes because there is a huge pool of water outside from a burst pipe.  Yay Monday.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 for me. Abs/Core class after work.

Reverse taper said 10 today..when I went to bed I decided I was going to do 8-9 based on my niggles. I got out there and felt GREAT. The temperature was a COOL 32 degrees - I was in heaven. It felt so awesome I just went ahead and did the 10. I didn't even run late since my "easy run" pace is faster in the cooler weather Smile I do have some pain in my right foot where I broke it a few years ago, but that seems to always bother me when it first gets cold.

OMG the PICTURES! So, honestly, we were both a bit nervous because it just feels weird to get your picture taken. At least for me. But our photographer made us feel so at ease. The more photos we did, the less awkward it felt. We saw a few of them and we are in LOVE. We won't get the entire set for a few weeks - but she is going to post some "teasers" for us this week Smile We had this idea to have Ruger wear our "save the date" sign (I ordered it off Etsy) - he was so scared of it!! He would try and scoot away from it. LOL. We took a few with us holding it and Ruger sitting next to us, but he kept scooting so not sure those are going to turn out. Bummer, they would have been cute!

MAMMEL called in sick today. DARN. Maybe he ran out of diapers.

Sandy - Excuse me, where have you BEEN?! How was spectating?! I was thinking about you this morning...hoping that race day temperatures were like they are this morning!

Susan – Nice 8 yesterday! No, that picture was just from our front porch  Smile Congrats on the 5K! I loved the costumes!

Kathryn – As I said…call the police on that bug! I hope you are having a blast!!!

Lori – I loved that picture Lisa posted of you guys! Glad you had such a great time spectating! Wow, congrats to your co-worker!!

Docket – OMG!! That is awful! My parents live in a pretty “high class” neighborhood (full of retirees with lots of money) and they recently had a murder suicide in their neighborhood – those types of things happen randomly! Creepy though. Oh shit on the water. AHHH!! I hope that resolves itself and I hope you have a MUCH better day at work today than Friday  Smile

Margert – Lots of miles for you over the weekend! I hope you ate all the things. Smile I have faith that you will PR! EEK I can’t wait to track you! Thanks for the words on my meltdown! I don’t feel as crazy after I talk to you ladies Smile

Tessa – My mom is just never satisfied. Its frustrating. I have to be firm and stand my ground..which is hard for me to do. I am getting better at it though. Nice job on getting out there and running long this weekend! I am sure it felt good  Smile You need to go buy yourself a lottery ticket!

Karen – Nice 7 yesterday! Loved those pictures you posted of your boys. I would think Riley would have done better since he goes to daycare. Weird! Glad my meltdowns are not just me Smile So exciting that your toddler runners and baby runners are just loving the group. Everytime I read about them, I smile! Oooo pasta dinner!!! Yum.

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was tea class (yum!), meditation class, then yoga class. I needed some XT.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday Buddy and I came out in just a tiny bit of snow. It was a cold, blustery run and we kicked branches off the trail the whole way. It had been windy all night. This was our final Sunday run until next March. We both go in to our respective inside tracks for the winter. We are starting our 23rd year of meeting on Sunday mornings. He is 81 and I am 76 so we never know….

Today I hope to run out the trail. There was some smoke in the building yesterday (all is well) so my morning hoarseness may be due to that. Oh, hope I am not catching something.

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

6mi yesterday, nothing today.  Yet.  Plan is to leave work early and get some miles in.  Will see how that goes.  I want to move my rest day to Wed because I plan to run long early Thurs again.

Apparently I’m the person people like to cancel on.  Stood up three times this weekend.  But, not by Diana!  Got to meet her yesterday afternoon.  What a gem!  Great conversation.  I also went down to watch the trail race Saturday morning but was too chicken to ask if it was her – turns out it was haha.

Kat – one year ago today – MCM!  You were my very first FE awwwwwwwww  Looks like you had a super fun weekend.  Except for the scorpion – ACK.  Have a great trip with mom and the polar bears!!

Karen – sounds like a simply fantastic weekend!  Lots of sleep, cool miles, baby and toddler runners loving their coach and puppies getting out and about.  Makes me smile.

Gatsby – awesome mileage for you.  You are going to kick some serious booty!!  I’m super pumped for you.  Oh, I tend to forget about the race calendar as well.

Damaris – yikes on the KFC drama.  I thought of you and was sad for you when I saw the entire country is having fall weather.  Except Miami.  Glad the rash seems to be just some chafing and not some exotic disease.  Everybody IS nuts!!  Ugh on the water issue.  Hope they can fix it stat.

HCK – holy hotness.  I could NOT sleep in that either!  I put my air at 64* at night, furnace at 58*.

Sue – congrats on the 5K!  Looked like a fun group with the costumes.

Lizzie – aww, sorry for the hair meltdown.  Been there.  Don’t sweat it.  I can’t wait to see how cute you two were in your pics yesterday!  Nice miles!  Glad you are loving the weather.  Spectating was good.  SUPER windy so pretty chilly standing out there.  I saw my friend and her aunt twice but nobody else.  Well, turns out I DID see Diana but wasn’t sure it was her so didn’t say anything.  Awww, Ruger buddy.  I bet you get some cute ones of him with the sign.  You must post the teasers!  Mammel called in sick??  How on earth will the place survive without his superior mammeling today??  Was going to check in yesterday but SUPER bummed out about getting stood up by someone I consider a very good friend so felt like crap.  Still recovering from that.  Lame, I know.

Cathy – aww that was not very nice of that friend introducing the girls.  I feel bad for DD.  She sure ran speedy, though!  And then played soccer??  Whew – makes me tired just reading that.

That’s all I’ve got.  Is it Friday, yet??

Seloc

Almost forgot the pic - proof it happened 

dhuffman63

Trails

Still somewhat sick...congestion has it so I have a hard time breathing.  Sore throat in the mornings. 46 days til BB and I'm fucking freaking out. I was doing so well with the training and really do not need this shit.

The two new dogs are settling in okay.  One is a female, she's pretty old and has some joint issues.  She's a bit of a bitch though. The male is just mr. happy go lucky.

Spent Sat and Sun putting up some fencing to keep them from the pasture.  Also went grocery shopping which wiped me out.  Made beef stew yesterday too.

Lizzie, sorry about the hair and your mom.  DD used to have meltdowns too about things and I just never understood it.  I learned the "suck it up and move on" from my dad.  What's done is done.  I'm sorry though that it upset you so much.

Sandy glad you got me meet Diana.  I almost caught up with her once when I was in Denver.  Maybe someday.

Judy sounds like a lovely weekend.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, wahoo on the great run.  Glad you liked the pics.  I am NOT photogenic, so I get being nervous.

Damaris, good luck with the water.

Judy, tea class?  Learning and tasting different ones?  I like black teas, not green.

Sandy, sorry you got cancelled on.  Boo.  Tomorrow I will be flying through MSP!

Diane, sorry you are still feeling crummy.

My guests are late sleepers and I am frustrated because I leave tomorrow at 6am and have stuff to do today.  So here I sit, wasting time till they all get up.

Worked yesterday and had pizza after, quite yummy. Apparently they never got dressed or off the couch yesterday while I was at work...  Too bad, it was a lovely day out and the today-Wed are supposed to be dreadful rain.  Oh well...

Thanks for all the well wishes.  I didn't expect to have time today, but apparently I do right now.  I can't even shower because all my clothes are in the bedroom they are sleeping in...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

An interesting thing is that "tea" is always some form of black tea, specifically "camellia sinensis" plant leaves. (Anything else is called a "tisane" or "infusion".)

Below are all variations of black tea.

Green tea is hardly processed at all...very mild.

Oolong is the most processed of the teas.

Yellow tea does not come into U.S.

White tea is also very mild and light.

The above are only a few of the variations.  We taste 4 kinds every class.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles today. After bailing on most of my runs this past weekend I decided "no more excuses". The weather was beautiful and the run was enjoyable. I can't use gallbladder excuse anymore and I don't need to use the heart excuse either.

Lizzie...awwww.I think we all have had unexplained meltdowns. But I am glad that you are happy with your choice of clothing and that the pictures turned out well and that you had a heavenly run. As for my hubby, he wasn't even close to a PR because his training went south due to his health issues and having to nurse mine this summer. But he was very happy to post his first ever negative split race. Yay for him.

Damaris....boo on the burst water pipe. And that is scary about the KFC incident. Unfortunately that shit can happen anywhere.Good luck tonight.

Judy....since I gave up coffee I have started drinking tea. Sometimes it's just the cheap teabags from the grocery store but I do enjoy some loose tea. I haven't quite figured which I like best. I do know I am not fussy about the fruity ones.

Seloc....nice photo! Hope you get to leave work early regardless whether you run. Although running will be icing on that cake.

Diane....I am sorry that you are still feeling unwell. I am sure that yummy beef stew will help you recuperate.

Kats....your trip sounds so exciting. Polar bears! Safe travels.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Yep, Monday it is!!

Group power class this morning--still a bit tight form all the running -- for me that is a lot. Almost 25 miles last week !!

Coffee pot wouldn't come on this morning. Finally unplugged and plugged back in--coffee!!!!

Internet was down at the office, so I went to Biloxi to pick up oysters for samples. Car barely started so I went straight for the auto parts place. It was dead, but thankfully still under warranty, so they replaced it.

Lizzie--you have a mammel free day!!  Woohoo!!

OMG Damaris--right across the street? Awful

Diane--hope you start feeling better

Judy--tea class sounds like fun. Why is yellow tea not imported to the US?

Hi Sandy and Kat!

Later!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yellow tea is not imported to the U.S. There is very little of it produced. Our teacher has a source where she has bought some in Toronto. It's gosh awful expensive also. She brewed some for us once and it tasted wonderful, a very mild tea. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Was fun even though I was having major "why am I not running?" moments. Chauffeuring went really well. Was able to stay in van 2 blocks from Gear Check/Start Line. Portapotties across the street so Shannon took care of that, came back to van then headed out to gear drop with 35 minutes to gun time. Then we went home and back to warm bed. LOL His race didn't start until 10:30am so we had time. The International Half does the first 13.1 miles and includes the border crossings. The American half does the last 13.1 miles and no passport is required. DC was able to sign up last week online for that one. Found parking within a block of that start. Saw Shannon go by but she didn't see me. Then say him off with a "see you in 2 1/2 hours". Cheered for a bit until coworker texted she was near finish line in a bar (she had run the first half and boyfriend was running the full). Same bar Lori was at. Seemed like a good idea. Didn't eat or drink anything but kept warm until we went out to see her boyfriend finish (in fast time). Stayed out cheering the rest on. Was able to track Shannon with her Garmin and DC with Find A Friend. Was funny to see them within a couple miles of each other. She had a 15 minute PR and he had almost an hour PR (hadn't ever run a road half before). I had called his time perfectly. Left the two of them at a Starbucks close to finish and went for the van. We used the showers at my work and then went to Founders for lunch/dinner. Was fun. Last night we had a "date night" ... went to the movies. Saw Free Solo .... whoa... that was amazing. the footage and the story matter is amazing.

Tessa-nice miles and good call on SC this year. We can't do them all and life sometimes makes us be smart about the ones we do pick.

Kat-have a great trip and hope your houseguest doesn't stick around. I'd be in there getting my clothing as quietly as possible.

Lizzie-yeah for the pictures!!

Judy-ack on snow!

Sandy-bummer on being stood up this weekend. Yeah for the meetup though with Diana!

Diane-you'll bounce back quickly and be better! Funny that the bitch is being a bitch. At least funny for those not involved.

Lori-was fun to see you! WTG on the run this morning!

Sue-coffee is a must. Glad you got it going so that you could get going.

5.4 miles for me this morning. Maybe Ashtanga yoga tonight.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

10 miles for me this morning. It was 53 degrees and overcast. Most enjoyable. I don't want to jinx anything, but ultra training seems to be agreeing with me. The last time I felt like I was running this well was training for my second 50 miler. That was when I was setting all my PRs, so while I'm not at that level this time around, I'm still running really strong right now. Higher overall mileage, keeping the long runs nice and easy, seems to work for me. I feel really good and am eating all the things. Weird, it seems to have activated my sweet tooth - I hope when I decrease my mileage, that decreases too, because while I've been trying to eat healthy, I've had my share of donuts and candy and ice cream.

This morning every hour I've been checking the live standings of Big's Backyard Ultra. For those that don't know of it, they started Saturday morning. It's a 4.1667 mile loop, and you run it once an hour. Slow or fast as you want, as long as you're at the start line for the next loop one hour later. There are still 5 going, and they have each run 225 miles. I am rooting for the chick of course - previous record in this race for the women I think was 120 miles, so she is crushing it.

Damaris, hope they've got the pipe fixed by now and all is back to normal.

Liz, so glad the pictures went well. Can't wait to see them.

Judy, I just love that you and Sunday buddy find each other every spring. What fun it must be to catch back up year after year.

Sandy, I love that pic! Diana seems like she'd be a ton of fun. I miss her posts but I'm sure she's keeping herself plenty busy. That is terrible that you got stood up this weekend. Those people suck. Hey, I am also planning on a rest day Wednesday and long run Thursday.

Diane, sorry you're still feeling sick. Glad the dogs are settling in okay.

Kathryn, that does indeed sound frustrating. I saw on our weather that while we're getting some rain the next few days, nothing compared to what you will be getting. We've had a really wet fall so far, and from what I can tell, you've had it way worse. Sounds like it's time to get out of town and go on vacation!

Lori, nice 5. No more excuses indeed! Sounds like a fun day of spectating and meeting up with friends in Detroit yesterday.

Susan, geez, you had a lot of close calls today. Coffee pot not working, internet out, car barely starting....be careful the rest of the day!

Lisa, you are the ultimate Detroit tour guide/chauffeur/spectator. Sounds like you had fun even though you weren't running. Congrats to A and to Shannon on their PRs.

I need to get to the grocery store and do some cleaning. Have a great day ladies!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

7.3 mile jog for me yesterday, in "feels like" 23 degrees.  It was actually mostly pleasant, though my fingers were a little cold in my mittens.  I had a massage this morning before work, so I am feeling loose.    Rest day, I will do my PT exercises and flexibility later.  Though I am considering doing my run tonight instead of tomorrow morning, it is supposed to be almost 60 today!

Damaris, wow, I hope the water issue gets fixed!  Enjoy the 6!

Lizzie, nice 10!  Awww, I am happy that you had a great experience with the photos!  Too bad the Ruger pic didn't go as expected.    Hopefully you get some good shots with him!  I am with Sandy, how are you surviving without Mammel?!? Sorry about all the stress this weekend, definitely understandable!  They are going to work through the scoring for the Trail Series today and they are supposed to make an announcement.  Apparently we missed all the action after the race, with the moved cones, gale force winds that came along and started blowing the scaffolding over, a tent being set on fire by a heater...

Judy, I took a tea class!  It is nice to taste all the different teas.

Sandy, I hope you get those miles in today!  Glad you got to meet Diana.  She's great!  Well, DD didn't get to play much soccer.  The trail race was delayed 15 minutes due to the interstate being closed to allow people a little more time to get to the race.  So it didn't start until 8:15 and DD's soccer game was 9:00.  It was also about a 20 minute drive.  DD normally plays midi and runs around a lot, she asked to play defense.  

Diane, I hope you are feeling better!

Hi Kat!  I hope all goes well with the trip!  I also hope your guest get up soon.    I can't believe you had a scorpion in your tub!

Lori, nice 5!

Sue, nice mileage last week!  Congrats on the 3rd in AG.

Lisa, nice spectating and hosting!    That movie looks amazing.

Karen, nice 10 and I am glad your training is going so well!  225 miles?!?  Wow.  I beat you, I actually got about 9.5 hours of sleep last night!  

Hi Tessa!  Nice miles!

Margaret, it will be interesting to see how close you get to qualifying for running Boston if you get a 3:55. You shouldn't need to be under by much!  But the symbolic BQ itself would be awesome.  I haven't looked at that other race thread for awhile, I just keep track of races based on what ladies post here.  

Kupcakes, that sounds like a tough workout!

Cathy