Womens Running

FRIYAY (dailies) (Read 13 times)

Kilmisters

Squeee!

Me last night:

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

16 hours post bivalent booster, nothing. Finally I had a sore arm this morning and not too bad.

Elina, go!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Elina, if your coach says you can do 5:10-5:15 min/km, then so do I! Hopefully the stomach issues resolve.

Damaris, hooray for no to minimal side effects!

Same to everyone else (except Margaret, who I hope is feeling better).

Excited to see kat this afternoon and race tomorrow! I am feeling pretty good after extreme taper and short runs the last two days. I am going back and forth between a short run today and a rest day, pretty sure it will be a rest day. The big challenge tomorrow will be going out easy, knowing it will get into the mid 80s later. The dumb part of me says go out hard and get as much as you can in before it gets hot, but that would make the last miles even more miserable if not impossible, and I do want to finish.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, good luck!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, good luck.

Damaris, my chills started about 24 hours after and was VERY brief.  Or at least the worst of it was brief.  But my arm is pretty sore still.

Karen, looking forward to seeing you later on!!  And cheering you on at the finish.

I slept in a little this morning, likely from not feeling well last night.  But hopefully enough time to clean up enough for my house sitter.

Looking forward to the race tomorrow.  Wearing a new vest, same as my old one, just bigger.  Might pull out a new pair of trail shoes, same as current ones who are getting a bit old.  I need to break them in prior to Javelina and not sure I will get to the trails again, that race is bearing down, 3 weeks...

Just checked, my new road shoes are out for delivery.  Hope I like them...  New brand, Saucony's.  Tried them at the running store and they were just about a tie for the best.

OK, time to finish my coffee and cleaning.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Elina, good luck.

Damaris, my chills started about 24 hours after and was VERY brief.  Or at least the worst of it was brief.  But my arm is pretty sore still.

K

Ugh, I've never had a side effect from either of the 4 prior shots so hoping I don't.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 with 8 x 1 min uphill. Whole run wass a slog. I can't blame the weather, maybe still effects from the damn shot?

Kilmisters, last few races I've traveled for the weather has been all over the place, so I pack clothes for every possibility and yet I still have the dream of OMG, I forgot something.

Docket, so jealouos of the lack of side effects. I've had them on all 4. Never had an issue with the yearly flu shot I need to get for work.

AnonymousGuest, good luck tomorrow!

KatS, which Saucony road shoes did you get? I got some deals on the Endorphin Pro & Speed over the winter. I wear the Speeds a lot on the treadmill. I don't think they would make good every day shoes, they have minimal tread on the soles to save weight.

LC Runs

3.2 miles and a leg workout.  Chilly this morning, yikes, I am not ready!! 

Elina - excited for you!!

Damaris - glad you are feeling okay after your Booster!

Karen - whoo hoo!!  Have a blast!

Kat - glad you are feeling good and have fun with Karen!

Kathi- I bet the shot affected you feeling sloggy.  I have also been lucky regarding lack of side effects. We'll see how this one goes!

Going tailgating tomorrow (not going to the game). It sounded like so much fun a few weeks ago and now I'm not very motivated to get up and leave early and be outside in the cold.  I'm sure it will be fine once we get there. Hoping to see DS but not sure if that will work out. We'll be back tomorrow night.

Anonymous Guest

When I left to run my errands today, I saw the girl across the street and over one (who I haven't yet met) coming back from a run. I nearly stopped the car in the middle of the road to talk to her. I did not, so I guess now I'm going to have to stalk her coming/going until I meet her.

kat, see you soon! I'm wearing new trail shoes (they have about 10 miles on them) - my old ones were getting a little tight on my feet. I'd sized up my road shoes already.

HCK, the way the shots have affected you in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if it made your run feel like a slog. Relatively good news if that's the case, because it will be short lived.

Laura, I swear I do that all the time. Sounds fun, then when it comes time, I don't feel like going to whatever it is. It almost always ends up being fun though. I'm sure you'll enjoy tailgating once you get there!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, the work chair drama. Since injuring my leg, I've been noticing the days I worked in the office left my knee super achy. Also, my few runs were super slow and my legs felt super tired. I chuck this to marathon training or the injury. But then when I'm WFH sitting all day in my work chair at home (different one from the one in the office), nothing happens and my legs feel springy and stuff. Every time I got up from my office chair, my legs feel somewhat asleep and sore. Especially the hamstrings. I even considered I had a pinched nerve. Well, I went to an empty office and brought the same chair beside mine. It feels different. It does not wobble, it is firmer but not cement firmer like mine feels. Neither chair is a good one even though they say they are ergonomic. But 1 hour sitting on the new chair and my hamstring soreness is gone.

I don't think it caused the leg injury but I bet it didn't help the recovery. Even my massage therapist said the back of my legs felt like bricks. Yeah, because I was sitting on a big brick.

Damaris

Squeee!

Me last night:

Me: did you pack the right running socks/tops/running bras/shorts?  Maybe you'll need tights?  What about gloves?  And maybe a jacket?  What about a pack?  Or bottle?  Or belt?  Etc. etc.

Weather check for my Lithuania trail marathon on 10/15 is showing rain in the forecast so I'm already obsessing.

Unrelated: I once traveled to a marathon and forgot to bring the shoes I wanted to run in.  It was fine.  I also traveled to a marathon and forgot to bring shorts.  I was able to buy another pair there.

Damaris, interesting about the work chair causing knee problems.  Considering how much time we spend at our desks, you should make sure you have a chair that doesn't hurt you.

Karen, Kat: have fun tomorrow!  We need a pic!

HCK, especially hard to know what gear to bring when you need to leave a few days before the race.  My run today was okay despite booster side effects yesterday.  But that was well over 24 hours, which is sort of the window when I feel like crap.

8 today instead of yesterday.  LR tomorrow.  Not feeling motivated to go very far so I'll probably stay around here.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR