Womens Running

Woolliness Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

We still need the wools here. It snowed yesterday. Roll eyes

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Linda, the more I try to do, the more tired I get. Oh well, at least I get to do the extended things even if I pay afterward. Good wishes on the 50 mile week.

MyMomRuns, that is an incredible mountain run! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Arimathea, do you call your hurricanes by that name? What or where are typhoons? I'm weather info challenged.

Sleet here is rain that is freezing as it hits the ground (often a mix of ice and water). Hail on the other hand occurs during a thunderstorm. The larger the hailstones,  the larger the size of the supercell, therefore potential dangers of the storm. (We used to be HAM radio Skywarn members). Smile

Tuesday I ran 25 minutes on the track, then did 70 minutes cardio dvd at home.

Today will be a track run. Going out to eat afterward with a friend.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Getting ready to head out. Not for a run but twe long drive home.

snow?? Yuck.

Hail - ice balls

sleet- freezing rain or rain turning to snow so as to be a mixture.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning  everyone.  Long day for me.

Karen more hugs.

Tessa boo to the treadmill.  It is soda in most of the South.  Funny when I went to college and someone asked me if I wanted a soda I thought they meant ice cream soda.  I hadn't ever heard it called that.  Now being with soda for 25 years pop sounds funny to me.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Judy - Yes, woolies are still needed here as well!  Hopefully tho 50's this week - woohoo!!!

LisaMMR - "Enjoy" the 12 hour drive....wonderful pictures - looks like a beautiful place!

Marjorie - Hope your long day goes quickly!

Karen - Hoping you are feelin' the hugs from everyone.....you have really been pushing yourself, so maybe a bit tired out too.  Job stress does take a toll on your sanity but by at least checking out the options I am hoping this will help.  Hugs and hoping you are feeling better soon....

No run yesterday, but did get in some planks/push up's etc.  Running later today with RB.

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning!

4.5 on the TM.  I took Thu - Monday off of work so I will be able to get in a lot of outside running yeah!  I'm taking the kids up to  my Mom's tomorrow for a couple of days, should be a nice getaway.

Judy - enjoy the visit with your friend

Lisa - safe travels

Marjorie - I spent a lot of time in the south as a kid visiting my grandparents and I always confused waitresses when I'd ask for a "pop'

Carol - crossing fingers for that nice weather to arrive!

camille2

Good morning!  I took yesterday off. Drove down to take my mom to a doc apt and she has another on Friday. Planning 8 today then working on taxes...

Karen, hugs from me, too. Hope the weekend with your family helps.  I think  if you feel like going into a room and taking the day off, it's prob OK.  Get a good book, a nice cup of tea, stay in your pj's and totally zone out in the book. When I had a busy career and family and got exhausted/burned out, I did that a couple times and found it very refreshing.  If you did it for a lot of days, we'd worry, but one or two of ignoring chores and the running plan might help.

Lisa, thanks for the # of miles we hiked.  I was just surprised when I saw the distance on the graph. I didn't think we'd hiked at 1 mph. Smile

Tessa, bummer on the TM!  I would have said the South says "soft drink," but I may not notice.  When I was growing up near Atlanta (home of Coca Cola), it was definitely "coke." Even Orange Nehi's were orange "cokes."

Cindy, I'd love to meet you in Chapel Hill. I'll be there Fri afternoon and dau will be working.   Maybe coffee or tea?  I don't know the area well enough to suggest a place but can ask dau.

Linda, I forgot to comment on the hills you run!  Looks like my neighborhood, but I sure can't run them, esp hard.   : ) You're tough!

Hi to everyone else!   Coffee time is over.

Anonymous Guest

You guys are going to make me cry! Thank you all so much. I went home last night and slept for two hours. Kept thinking I should get up and run, or at least ride my bike, then realized that maybe I did need a break. Feeling a little better today but may take the afternoon off just to get away from this place. I think I'm going to be okay, I just tend to let things really get to me. I think the trip home and away from all of this will do me a world of good, and since I'll be at my parents house for a couple days after the races, I will definitely have time to relax and unwind and do nothing, since they live in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

Seriously though, thank you. I struggled with pretty bad anxiety and depression about seven years ago (ever been in a psych ward? I don't recommend it, those people are crazy!) and I know I don't want to head down that path again. I am just going to keep reminding myself that this is just a job, and that it is temporary, whether I find a new job here or at the latest when we move in another 1.5-2 years. Along those lines, there are rumors that DH's company is considering doing an early "sell your house" program in June for people that want to, and then provide some sort of stipend to rent until moving to TX. If I were to get a job downtown, that might be very tempting.

Lisa and Ginny, DH is trying to find a bike race in Ohio either the weekend before or after July 4 and then go stay at his brother's lake house in Oak Harbor for the week. Do you guys have plans or want to try to get together for a run either the weekend before, the weekend after, or during the week? I think one race he found is actually just north of Detroit. Hey, do they still have that 5K in Sandusky? If I'm spending a week with my MIL, I'm going to need some sort of escape!

Ginny, you may be on to something with the overtraining. I did jump from 40-45 miles up to 60-65 pretty quickly. And I'm in the hardest, highest mileage part of the training plan right now with only 4.5 weeks to go. Plus I've never done a training plan with tempo and speed work and all that, so my body may be saying enough. I've decided to do a pretty nice taper for the half Saturday the rest of this week and only run a few miles today and tomorrow. May even replace one with the bike.

And Tessa, I actually have close to two weeks of vacation saved up since we didn't go to the Bahamas in January, so I may just show up on your doorstep one day! I could use a California fix.

Okay, I'm going to get some work done. Maybe push some of this stuff back on the boss.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

HI!  Had a great swim last night at the lake.  Better stretching, warm up in the water, and I was able to swim without stopping.  Yay!  Needed a good swim before the tri.  One of the ladies brought her chocolate lab and he kept jumping in the water to "save" the swimmers.  He surprised one poor guy and pawed him in the head by accident.  Imagine swimming in the lake and being "saved" by a 90 lb dog!  I would have freaked.

Made the last batch of marmalade last night.  Yay!  My lemon tree is already covered in blossoms and the satsuma tree is loaded with buds.

Group power class this morning was tough.  I guess I was still tired from swimming yesterday.  Not enough recovery time.

Karen--yes, you sound like me last year.  Take a break before you completely hit the wall and burn out.

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I ran 12.5 miles. I have several hundred charts to review so back to it!

Carol have a great run later.

Laura. have a great time at your moms

Camille nice that you join us for coffee time

Karen you know we are always here for you

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got up and out early for 8.3 miles with my Saturday running buddy. The kids are out for spring break, so we both had to get our runs in before hubbies went off to work. It was chilly! I splurged a few weeks ago on my first running skirt, and I haven't been able to try it out yet because it's been too cold. Although I'm ducking in case any of the MI/OH ladies throw something at me. Wink

Lisa - I loved the pics you posted yesterday. I hope the trip home goes well - I am familiar with long drives from travelling to NY to visit my family.

Karen - the good news is that you know what to look out for and to take care of yourself. I have never had to deal with depression, other than "blue" spells after having my kids, but my father struggles with both depression and anxiety, and my brother has in the past try to combat his depression with large quantities of alcohol. So I try to be very aware of the warning signs. Glad you get some time off.

Marjorie - chart review does not sound like that much fun.

Carol - enjoy the run with RB. I was glad to have company this morning - dark and cold is not so bad when you're not on your own.

Laura - yay for some outside runs!

Camille - It will probably be close to dinner time before we get there (I'm coming with a friend). Do you have dinner plans? We could always meet up for dinner.

Crazysue - I'm not much of a dog person, so it would definitely have freaked me out!

Off to grab a shower and help DS1 with his Egyptfest project. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Linda

Hi Judy & Camille

I can’t get my head around intervals, today, so I am going to run a night trail race in Santa Barbara.  Yes, I would rather race than run (8) 800’s.  My husband will probably freak when I tell him I’m driving the SB tonight.  Here is link to a clip of it:  http://youtu.be/qy6mk2lcT58.  It looks good, and this is the only possible week that I can do it.  I’ve still got to do 5 easy to stay on track, so I am about  to get out and do that.

Lisa:  +1 on hail/sleet

Tessa:  I call soda-soft drinks.  At least I grew up calling it soft drinks.  I think I call it soda, now, mostly.

Karen:  Hang in there.  Hugs.

Carol:  I should do some planks today, but I don’t think that I will.

LC:  Happy running.  Enjoy your mini vacation.

Sue:  People are goofy about their dogs.  How could the woman think that the dog wasn’t an aggravation?

Cindy:  Your FB posts about your kids crack me up.  They really remind me of mine.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

ginnyb

Karen....yes, they have that 5K every year around the 4th of July!  That would be awesome to get together.  I have that whole week off from work, from July 3rd until July 10th.  Glad you are feeling a little more chipper today.  At least you recognize that you aren't quite yourself and are taking steps to remedy it!

Marjorie...I grew up  in my youngest years in Philadelphia, and it was always soda there too, here in Ohio it is pop.

Did run 3 miles this morning, but my stomach was bothering me and it wasn't a good run...oh well.  Got my hair cut and the dentist put in my new bridge, it looks really nice and it is great not to have a space anymore where I had lost a tooth...lookin good.

Gotta get to work

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, we don't have hurricanes in California. Tropical storms and hurricanes further south that sometimes send unseasonable rain our way, but a hurricane can't form when the surface water is less than 80 degrees Fahrenheit and our water doesn't get that warm even in summer, because of the Coriolis effect the water off California comes down from the Arctic and it's flippin' cold. The Pacific is chilly.

Take a look at the map and you'll see what I mean.

They do have names. These are last year's.

http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/e_pacific/2012/index.php

This isn't to say that we don't have howling winds and lashing rains on occasion, but the conditions that form them are not the same as a hurricane.

Typhoons are found in the western Pacific. Something big enough to be called a hurricane in the Atlantic is a "super typhoon" there.

Lisa, drive safely! Hope you have plenty of CDs or books on tape or Sirius or something to pass the time.

Marjorie, I'm sure you think of it as soda by now. We call it soda or a soft drink. "Pop" seems to be an upper Midwestern term.

Carol, hope you get the 50s you are looking for.

Laura, enjoy your long weekend! And the visit with your parents.

Camille, as you know, running hills takes practice and sometimes it is better to walk up them.

Karen, that's a thought. Sell your house at your leisure and then rent until you move. Although could you find a rental that would allow Jake? I know he's not a puppy and he's past the chewing stage, but a lot of rentals don't allow dogs over a certain poundage and he is well past that point just because he's a lab.

Glad you are feeling better. Remember this too shall pass.

By all means show up, but give me enough warning to change the sheets and the catbox and clean the bathroom! The next two weekends are going to involve some serious cleaning since Lisa is coming two weeks tomorrow. (Which means Labor of Love...is...two...weeks...from...Saturday...Surprised...eep!)

Marjorie, good luck with the chart reviewing. I am impressed by your constant double digits!

Cindy, glad you got out with your running buddy! About how long until you can safely leave DSs 1-3 together and take off for a run? Littlest is getting old enough to be left with his brothers, isn't he, with oldest in charge?

Linda, also, drive safely! Night trail run? Better to get it done now before the rattlers start waking up. If they haven't already. Do you have a headlamp?

Eggs are breakfast food, right? Do they count as an acceptable breakfast if they're of the Cadbury's or Reese's variety?

4 this morning, more at lunch.

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, cross posted, hi! Glad you have a new bridge and no toothless look.