Womens Running

Tiny Buddha Challenges - January 2018 (Read 24 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Jan 5 - Connect two friends or acquaintances that you believe could help each other, or who might hit it off romantically.

Has a friend or coworker ever made an introduction for you that changed your life? If so, how did it help your life for the better?

What might have happened (or not have happened) if not for this introduction?

A coworker helped initiate HCBF and I! Who knows where I would be if they hadn't done that Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Diane and thanks for posting these.  Might not reply, but I enjoy reading.

Like Lizzie, I am a consummate multi-tasker.  Bored generally if not.  What frazzles me though is if I am stuck relying on other people who aren't holding up their part.  How I deal?  I take over their damn part...  If I am struggling and it is after 4pm and I am home, I say SCREW IT and have a glass of wine!  What else would this girl do.  Wink

I wish I had friends here to introduce!  I have a couple, but not good enough for that sort of thing.  And romantically?  I would keep that for myself!  (Unless it was a 24 yr old with a bad comb over....  long story.)

My realtor introduced me to a couple here in SA and they are my running buds and now I am a silent member of our trail running group.  I has helped tremendously at races.  I can go to the groups tent at races and hang out and chat with people instead of going and leaving the race/keeping to myself.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 6 - Carry with you one thing that someone else may need so that you can help them out should the opportunity arise.

What type of things do you often need throughout the day? Do you have any of these items in your home?

Has someone ever offered you something they had on hand that helped you out?  Why did you appreciate this?

Arimathea

Tessa

Anyone who has hauled around a newborn and a diaper bag appreciates the variety of things that might be needed.

For those of us who discarded the diaper bags a long time ago: safety pins, bandaids, sunscreen, ibuprofen, tampons. (Even if we no longer need the last.)

Yes, people have helped me out with many things -- I think this is especially true at trail races, when others will often freely offer what they have that I need. We share water, food, salt tablets, give TP to newbies who didn't realize there wouldn't be portapotties on the trail, and above all advice and encouragement.

I'm thinking particularly of my last ultra when I thought I would have to drop because I didn't have a headlamp or flashlight and I knew I wouldn't finish before dark. One of the aid station volunteers lent me a headlamp out of her car -- bless her -- and reclaimed it at the finish line.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Thanks for posting these Diane, I have been reading!  

I have taken to carrying feminine products with me since DD started her period.  Someone did ask me if I had any once, for her daughter!    Other than that, people ask me for change often.  Oh, and jumper cables once, which I always have in my car!

For yesterday's question, I would love to be able to introduce Sandy (from these forums) and my fast co-worker, Mr. Math.   

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 7 - Write down one to three choices that often compromise your ability to be kind, and for each, one productive thing you can do today to address that issue.

dhuffman63

Trails

I have taken to carrying feminine products with me since DD started her period.  Someone did ask me if I had any once, for her daughter!    Other than that, people ask me for change often.  Oh, and jumper cables once, which I always have in my car!

For yesterday's question, I would love to be able to introduce Sandy (from these forums) and my fast co-worker, Mr. Math.   

You are welcome.  I've been enjoying the responses.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Jan 7 - Write down one to three choices that often compromise your ability to be kind, and for each, one productive thing you can do today to address that issue.

Oh this took some thinking -

1. Anxiety for SURE. Running helps this..if its a rest day and my anxiety is through the roof (and I take it out on everyone especially HCBF sometimes)- I try to remember to just take a minute and calm down before I go crazy. Its tough sometimes.

2. Hatred for my job - this affects a lot. Hating somewhere you have to be 8 hours a day 40 days a week can put you in a sour mood. I try to get through the day as positive as I can but sometimes my mood affects others I work with. This is a work in progress. I am trying to find a new job - thats productive right? Smile

3. Routine! I am so damned routined that if something gets in the way of it..I could lose it (and have before). HCBF helps this a lot though..he is not routined - it's starting to rub off on me Smile  Its okay if its not on "the schedule". This is another work in progress.

As for yesterdays...people don't really ask me for much other than work crap.. Smile My co-worker and HCBF always ask for ibuprofen or tums. I carry them around just for those 2 Smile

Arimathea

Tessa

Overscheduling means I don't have time to stop and listen or do things for others.

Will have to think about how I can try to find more time in my day to do things like call my mother.

Anonymous Guest

I've missed these being mostly away from the internet the first week of the year, but now that I've caught up (love reading the questions/ideas and all the responses) I'm ready to jump in.

I would say my shyness/introvert personality. I don't often speak up, but am trying to do it more. I've realized lately that a kind word or compliment, even from a stranger, will lift my mood all day long. So I've been trying to be more observant of others and telling them when I notice something good or impressive from them. Mostly so far with people I know, like DH, neighbors and my running people. I started with DH (telling him I love how he makes me laugh, etc. when he does something good). Getting out of my comfort zone and being put in a leadership position helped me realize this and hopefully get better at it. I'm a lot more likely to tell someone they are doing good - reminding them they thought 6 miles was impossible a couple months ago and just ran 12, pointing out another runner's mental toughness towards the end of a run to the group (in her presence), etc. Now that I'm more comfortable doing that, I think I'll try it with others, maybe even random strangers.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 8 - Today when someone does something that annoys or inconveniences you, chose to cut them slack instead of giving them a hard time.

Do you often feel the need to let people know when they've annoyed or inconvenienced you - and if so why?

What does this accomplish?

What would you need to tell yourself to be able to let it go instead?

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Jan 8 - Today when someone does something that annoys or inconveniences you, chose to cut them slack instead of giving them a hard time.

Do you often feel the need to let people know when they've annoyed or inconvenienced you - and if so why?

What does this accomplish?

What would you need to tell yourself to be able to let it go instead?

Really? You are asking me to cut mammal some slack!? LOL. Wink

I don’t usually let people know they are irritating me but I have a hard time hiding facial expressions. I think they know. It doesn’t accomplish anything and makes me look like a bitch. Ha, I am working on it. Sometimes its hard to hold it back! I need to just take a deep breath and walk away and then come back and try again. I do that with emails sometimes – type up my angered response and then come back to it later and delete almost all of it. Smile

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 9 - Do one small task to make someone's life easier.

When was the last time someone did something little to make your life easier?

Would if have occurred to you to ask someone to do this for you?

Do you usually look for ways to make life easier for others? If not, why? What obstacles get in the way, and how can you overcome these?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I normally try to find ways to make people's lives easier (or work) but some are reticent to receive suggestions, so I have not done it in a while.  Time to look for someone here today to help!

Damaris