Womens Running

Tiny Buddha Challenges - January 2018 (Read 24 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Jan 9 - Do one small task to make someone's life easier.

When was the last time someone did something little to make your life easier?

Would if have occurred to you to ask someone to do this for you?

Do you usually look for ways to make life easier for others? If not, why? What obstacles get in the way, and how can you overcome these?

I try to make life easier for others, however I would much rather do things for others than have them done for me. I do not like being helped.

If something is easy for me and it will make life easier for someone else, why not do it?

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 10 - Write down three things you hope people do and three things you hope people don't do when speaking to your child (or future child). Remember these things today when you are speaking to others to help you be kinder.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Do you usually look for ways to make life easier for others? If not, why? What obstacles get in the way, and how can you overcome these?

I do things all the time for my client to make their lives easier. That is my job Smile But I should do this more personally. HCBF does little things all the time to make my life easier. I need to do more for him Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

I find it much easier to do things for other people then to ask people to do things for me.   

Jan 10 - The main thing I appreciate when people speak to my kids, particularly my older daughter, is that they are patient with her.  I like when they take my kids seriously and not just treat them as kids.  

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 11 - Tell someone about an act of kindness you recently witnessed, to lift both your spirits and to potentially inspire future acts of kindness.

Why did this particular act of kindness warm your heart or renew your faith in people?

Did witnessing this change your day for the better?

How might it affect all of us for the better if we focused more on positive stories, like this, and less on negative stories that might bring us down?

Anonymous Guest

These last few days on kindness and doing things for others have gotten me thinking. I have been trying to reframe my thinking the last couple months and seeing more positive things in life and the world (being glad DH is working from home so much instead of annoyed by it, for example). I read an article and shared it with my baby runners that showed that your running form improves if you smile. Little things that improve my mood and how I feel about life in general.

As for acts of kindness.....

I was going to offer to take DH's car in for inspection since it's due in January and he's back at work. But he just came out of his office (he's at home today) saying a meeting got canceled so he was going to go take his car in, so never mind!

I do try to do things for others, but don't get a lot of opportunity because I don't spend a lot of time around others. My neighbor across the street is someone I'd like to be more like - she is always cooking for others, or letting dogs out when people are gone, etc.

And as I was sitting here perusing the internet, I noticed our lawn guys out back cutting down some of the plants that died when we were out of town and it got so cold overnight. That's been on my to-do list, and it's not in their scope of work, but they are doing it. The lawn is mostly dead, so they have extra time......I could learn from their work ethic. Anyway, they probably see it as just doing their job, but I see it as an act of kindness and a huge help to me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Just lately there have been times when younger guys have helped some of us manage the doors to the garage and to the elevators. They are always very cheerful when they do it.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 12 - Let someone go ahead of you today.

Have you ever felt to rushed that you couldn't even fathom letting someone else go in front of you?

How do you feel when you are rushing, and how does your mood affect the people around you?

Might the potential for a positive, happy interaction outweigh the potential to lose a few minutes?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jan 12 - Let someone go ahead of you today.

Have you ever felt to rushed that you couldn't even fathom letting someone else go in front of you?

How do you feel when you are rushing, and how does your mood affect the people around you?

Might the potential for a positive, happy interaction outweigh the potential to lose a few minutes?

I am always rushing everywhere, so this one I should try today.

PS, I do hate slow people when they get in my way (middle of the sidewalk, stopping in the middle of where I need to go).  Can I just give them a bit of a push, please?

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

I am always rushing everywhere, so this one I should try today.

PS, I do hate slow people when they get in my way (middle of the sidewalk, stopping in the middle of where I need to go).  Can I just give them a bit of a push, please?

Perhaps not Damaris since January's theme is kindness and thoughtfulness.....btw my kryptonite are the people in Wal-Mart who stop in the middle of the aisle to chat.

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 13 - Introduce yourself to a neighbor you've never met, or don't now well.

Are there any neighbors you regularly see but have never formally met?

What's stopped you from introducing yourself before?

What's something you've noticed about this person's demeanor, appearance, or home that you could compliment?

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 14 - Keep an eye out for someone who looks stressed or sad - a friend, a coworker or even a stranger - and say something that might make this person smile or laugh.

When was the last time another person lifted your spirits when you were feeling down or overwhelmed?

What did they say or do, and why did it make you smile?

Did you learn anything from that experience that can help you lift someone else's spirits today?

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 15 -  Respond kindly to someone who is unkind to you.

What's your knee-jerk reaction when someone is unkind to you?

Does it soften your anger to consider there may be a cause that doesn't condone but at least explains the person's behavior?

How would you respond instead if you were "being the change you wish to see" in the world?

dhuffman63

Trails

Jan 16 - Say yes to a request when you are tempted to say no.

What types of requests do you frequently decline?

Why do you say no to these types of requests?

Could you give a little without overextending yourself, so that instead of saying no, you say "I can't do that, but I can do this"

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Jan 13 –

I have met all of my neighbors because they all have pups! But I am one of those people that avoids certain trails or paths if I know they are walking their dog too. At the end of the day, I have a hard time being nice to people. LOL. This is probably from faking it all day at work. I am trying to be better about smiling and not having the resting bitch face all the time.

I do always compliment one of my neighbors – she is gorgeous!

Jan 14

I like to use my stupid humor with my co-worker when she is sad. It usually works J

HCBF is very good about lifting my spirits. He just will be his goofy self. Or he will fart..sigh.

Jan 15

Its my job to respond kindly to people who are mean to me. LOL. My gut reaction is to be an asshole…so I typically take a few minutes and shut my door..or go walk around to cool off – then respond. Seems to work.

Jan 16

Oh geez..this one is dedicated to me. I decline everything LOL. I am such an “extrovert” at work because I have to be..so when I am not here I go back to my introvert self and just don’t want to do anything. Its hard for me to commit to anything outside of work – especially family stuff with HCBF (his family). I realize I am doing it and am trying to be better about it. HCBF has a large family so I feel like every single weekend we are doing something with them. It gets old! Lately I have gone to some family gatherings and I have sat some out. If he is just going to hang out with his parents for the afternoon after we just saw them 2 days prior, I will stay home.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2