Womens Running

Coffee Ice Cream THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hey, its National Coffee Ice Cream Day! I will take some!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Lots of sleep..2 hour nap yesterday plus 8 hours last night. Ahhh. Looking forward to my massage tomorrow..my calves are SUPER tight! I can feel it in my Achilles. I foam roll, but the relief only lasts a few hours.

Long run tomorrow in this disgusting weather. Its a MP run..we will see about that. I may cut it short..depends. My motivation is moving to 0 is this humidity CRAP. Hoping the "cool down" this weekend will at least bring that dewpoint in the 60's. Sorry I keep complaining about it, I am becoming very grouchy when I see those fogged up windows in the morning.

I have been so busy the past couple days! I still have to go through 62 unread emails. Haha. Most of it is about a management meeting that is happening at our site next week. The big wigs will be in town and other members of the team from US are flying in. What a pain in the ass. It will be 2 days of power points. How fun. And MAMMEL will FOR SURE be on his high horse those days. I hope he wears fresh pampers!

Kilmisters – Nice miles yesterday. Are you getting Fall weather?! I HATE YOU. Totally understand not wanting to move because of the drama. Like Diane said, its where we spend half of our lives..we don’t want to deal with drama!

Susan – Glad you are okay down there!!

Kathryn – Yes, our engineering team would unload them but I feel bad asking them to do that. They are doing other things for the client. They did help when they saw me. I am so sore from that today. Haha. GOOD NEWS on the vaccine clinic! Let us know how it goes!

Run4kupcakes – Did you move the mattress in yourself?! AHH. That would be tough! Nice miles..I am ready for the Fall too!!

Tessa – Nice miles yesterday. Almost the weekend!

Karen – I can’t believe its almost puppy time!! I am excited to see how Riley reacts to him! Did you decide on a name yet?? Aw, if they had one of those pool places around here we would for sure take Ruger. He is scared of all water. He is okay in the bath. Oh, nice miles yesterday!

Sandy - It happened to me again last night! I woke up and blah, so sweaty. I need to wash the sheets because seriously, I was drenched!

Have a good day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes!  Ice cream!

I have Pilates and that's it today.  I conducted the meeting of creditors on that giant case yesterday.  I knew people were coming, but I was surprised that we had standing room only and people flew in from as far as Seattle for it. It took almost 4 hours.  For comparison, most of my meetings of creditors last 30 minutes.  It was exhausting but at least it is done and things should calm down now.

Liz, nice job on the sleeping.  I can never sleep more than 6 hours, on a good day.

Damaris

Kilmisters

Kilmisters – Nice miles yesterday. Are you getting Fall weather?! I HATE YOU. Totally understand not wanting to move because of the drama. Like Diane said, its where we spend half of our lives..we don’t want to deal with drama!

It looks like the drama continues, tho. Seems like the logistics dept lady has gone to HR and told about my concerns. This won't end well.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It looks like the drama continues, tho. Seems like the logistics dept lady has gone to HR and told about my concerns. This won't end well.

Ugh!  Hoping everything goes well for you.  Keep us posted.

Damaris

Howdy! cut the run short at 3 miles.  Hip was hurting. Sad  I ran past a couple of juvenile foxes (I'v e passed them before) along Beach Blvd. One ran back into the vacant lot, the other stood and watched me. Then he decided to trot along behind me. He followed me for about 2 house lengths, then I told him to beat it. I think he was just curious.

Damaris--yay You!! Great job on the meeting.  I would have freaked with that many people.

Karen---Deuce LOVES the water. If he is out on the boat he wears a life jacket--so much easier to hoist him back into the boat if he goes in for a swim as the jacket has a grab strap on top. We have finally gotten Skye to the point where she will take a bath without freaking out.  She is terrified of water.

Elina--ugh on the work drama

Kat--good luck with the potential job!

Later!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina, holy cats, what a PITA that woman sounds to be.  Can't she just mind her own bloody business.

Lizzie, I get night sweats sometimes too and wake up drenched.  Part of my problem is the thyroid issue the other is I'm post menopausal.  The not having a period part is great, all the other shit that comes with it ...not so much.

Karen, glad it came.  I was going to check my account today just to make sure.  You'd think as a lab, a breed that retrieves ducks from the water would like to swim.  Silly dog. My brother's lab loved to swim and fetch a tennis ball, sometimes for hours if she could find someone to throw it. She was the biggest female lab I've ever seen, well over 100 lbs but such a sweetie.

Tessa that is what is concerning me.  After getting heat exhaustion at Heartland and DNFing at 26 miles I worry about that.  I did fine at the June Angry Bull but there was shade on the course and I made use of plenty of ice.  I might try Heartland again next year as it's going to be April 27th but then I might have to worry more about storms.

R4K, we moved our king bed including the matterss and I swear I now know what disposing of a very large body would be like.

Kat good luck on the job prospects. and good luck at Woodstock.

Ginny, Lisa and DC, good luck also.

Damaris that's quite the long meeting and a butt ton of people too.

Susan hope all is well with you.  The rain we were forecasted seems to have lessened quite a bit.

Seloc

13.5 speedy (for gramma here) “long” run miles.  Felt amazing!  It’s funny that this now feels short.  And amazing how good weather keeps the heart rate down!  Have to be in St. Paul by 6:30 on Sat which is why I got the run done today.  Back to regularly scheduled programming next week.

Ended up with green chicken curry from the Thai place for lunch yesterday because the Pho place was closed for some reason.  Still delish!

Started a documentary on Prime last night called Run For Your Life.  It’s about a group of women in Wales who are training to run a half marathon for the first time and most are not at ALL fit.  It’s entertaining and the accent makes me laugh.

Hooray for no night sweats last night!  Did some reading and apparently they are often caused by a drop in estrogen.  Or hypoglycemia.  Apparently an increase in exercise and increase in metabolism can cause a drop in estrogen.  Anyway, for me I think it’s a combo.  I’m just hoping they go away haha

Karen – I BET you are tired!  Hope you get a nice sleep in today.  Especially since puppy is coming soon!!  Awwww that place sounds like it did a great job at the pool with Riley.  I can’t wait to see how he does with his new baby brother!

Tessa – awww thank you SO much for the KKR!!  I follow some folks on Instagram that foster kitties and I love them sooooo much.  That is sweet of Sis to help you out cleaning the little ones up.  Poor babies.

HCK – OMG wrestling a mattress up the stairs in some SERIOUS cross training!  I remember when moving that my queen mattress is the heaviest thing I own LOL

Kat – exciting you have heard back from the clinic already regarding your app!!  Good luck with the chat today.  I forget when do you leave?  Super excited for you guys!  I had to laugh about your excitement except for the “pesky little race” LOL  You will do GREAT!!  I was thinking of you this morning on my run.  It was lovely and cool and was thinking how much people here would love it.  Except you might have been chilled you Texan you hee hee

Sue – glad you weathered the storm okay!  Okay, that’s kinda funny and cute about your new little fox running buddy!  Smart cutting the run short with a niggly hip.

Elina – woohoo nice run you speedster you.  That floorball is doing you well!  Hey, it’s nice to be wanted, though, right?  Sorry for the work drama, yikes!

Lizzie – whoa on moving all the chairs around yesterday.  Hope you got a nice nap in!  That’s great you found a good massage therapist!  I’m excited to hear how it goes for you.  Yeah, I’ve been stalking your weather and it just sucks.  Sorry, not gonna lie.  I really wish I could fly you in for the day.  This is your favorite weather.  There were frost advisories in the northern part of the state!  (up by where Diana used to live).  Oh, and it was 65* in my house this morning with all the windows open all night.  Holy crap on the 14mi on the dreadmill.  The most indoors I ever did was 9 – 3 on track, 3 on DM and 3 on track.  I’m not sure I’ve ever EVER gone more than 5 on the hamster wheel so I get it.  But, your weather!  I probably just wouldn’t run.  Okay, thank you for sharing your night sweats because I was really getting depressed about it.  I have a hard time with yoga, too!  Gramma has very little patience.  Oh!  I got the email about the shirt for Richmond – it’s cute!  LMAO at Mammals fresh Pampers!!  hahahahha

Carol – welcome back!  Glad you had such a lovely vacation.  Hooray for Glass City!  This is going to be FUNNNNNNNNNNN

Ginny – oh wow that schools closed because of the heat.  Hope the little chicklens didn’t give you too much of a headache at the library.  Oh no on the tooth!  Glad it doesn’t hurt.  Ouch on the calf!  Maybe you need some more electrolytes?  Have a great weekend!!

Cathy – OMG how in the WORLD did you EVER stop sweating to shower and get to work yesterday!  Sorry about the A/C!  Hopefully this cool air has made it your direction.  It’s lovely.  I’m with you – that humidity needed to KICK it.  I do not mind 85* or even 90* if it isn’t humid.  Interesting that it’s your weaker side foot that is the problem.  Is it maybe trying to compensate for the hip?  “Little Fires Everywhere” is supposed to be ready in 2 days!  Hmmmm now I might be intrigued to give Stephen King a try.  Do you have a favorite?  HOORAY for Glass City!!  Super duper excited to meet you IRL!!

Damaris – nice job on the meeting yesterday!  Sounds super important and you the big cheese!  I thought of you this morning, too, thinking that only YOU would still think it was warm LOL

Diane – glad you aren’t getting as much rain now as originally forecasted.  Any chance of getting out on your road this weekend?

So sleepy coworker just emailed in sick for the day.  Kinda expected since he was off all last week.  LOL

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Ice Cream Day!

Lizzie, NICE SLEEP!  Girl after my own heart.  I get sweaty, and I mean sweaty most nights.  It sucks, at least I sleep alone.

Damaris, wow, that was one hell of a meeting!!!  I don't envy you.

Elina, good luck with the drama.  I hope it all works out.

Sue, I would be a bit nervous about being followed.  I suppose by anything - person, car, dog, wild critter.  At least they were young uns.

Diane, I sent you a PM regarding the races.  Don't fret!  We will find/do one.  Smile

Sandy, green chicken curry sounds lovely.  I love Thai as long as it isn't too hot, I am a wuss about spicy food.  I leave tomorrow for Detroit.

Busy day.  Was up a bit early, but I like checking in to my flight early, though I am last to board.  Think I am done with the super cheap airfares, they can be such a hassle.  I leave at 7am, which means leaving the house at 4:30am, YIKES!!!  But it is only a 3 hour flight.

Pretty much all packed, I need 2 tops that are waiting to be washed as the machine is full.  Have tons more laundry to do.  Then I have to C.L.E.A.N.  I was kind of embarrassed when the guy came over to check things out.  Very happy though, he grooms my beasts and they were quite chill with him.  Even the one dog who barks at everyone just sat there.

I am doing the phone chat in a bit over an hour.  Not nervous - yet.  I am sure when the phone rings I will be.  Actually have some questions written down.

Then this afternoon a coworker is coming over to do lawn stuff.  I will clean my car and garage out then too.  Then a few cocktails and an early night.

Have a great Thursday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

ginnyb

Yay, this is my Friday this week, headed to HELL tomorrow!  I have not packed anything, I dislike packing I never know what to take, except my running gear of course, I always do that first and put it in the car to be safe!  I feel I am undertrained for this, but it's going to be slow, so it's all good, right Kat?

Liz....you complain about the heat all you want, you have to listen to me complain about the cold for months and months, you're entitled!  Good running tomorrow, but take it easy if that humidity doesn't let up.

Karen...funny about Riley and the water, but at least he went in.  Hopefully the life jacket will help at home in the pool.

Elina...hope everything goes okay, sorry about the drama.

Sue...glad you are alright down there and that it wasn't too bad.

I did run 3 this morning, but didn't work out with trainer, decided run was enough for today.  We had a potluck at work this morning and I over indulged as usual.  I feel like a bottomless pit sometimes, I tried to stay away from the sweet stuff and did the egg casseroles and fruit.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

3.5 mile fartlek for me this morning.  Interesting doing the run in the dark!  Felt like fall, dewpoint in the 50's and temp of 60.  Sorry, Lizzie!    Hopefully there is a break from the rain though, the river by my house is at flood stage level.  I signed up for the half at Glass City!  I got the confirmation email, with my age of 50 at race day.    Haha, that may be my first race at the age of 50.  Oh, and a friend took a look at our A/C and fixed it, replaced the (flux) capacitor.  So the A/C was working when I got home from work yesterday.  Yay!

Lizzie, enjoy the rest day!  I hope the massage works wonders on your calves!  I tried the exercises that the PT suggested for me, using the app.  I don't know if she set it up correctly, because it had me do 3 sets of the side-to-side stepping with the exercise band, totalling more than 9 minutes!    The other exercise was a one-legged balancing exercise.  It's OK that you complain about the humidity.  There are runners here complaining about our humidity, and it isn't nearly as bad!    Intervals are actually probably the best workout to do on the TM, as long as they aren't too short or too many intervals. Too hard to keep track of!    But they actually go pretty fast on the TM, since the recoveries go so fast!  And the TM is good for pacing you and ensuring that you hit your paces.  Have to keep up or you will fall off.     My brother learned how to swim as an adult.  He's not very good at it.  I think it's one of those things that you need to do as a kid, like riding a bike!  I have a friend that never learned how to ride a bike!

Damaris, wow, that sounds like an exhausting meeting!  Enjoy the Pilates!

Elina, sorry about all the drama!  I guess you're right, the shakeout helped as my legs felt pretty good today!  

Sue, aww, hope the hip improves!

Sandy, nice long run!  Did I tell you about the Pho place near me?  It's called Pho-King.  They have a dish called Pho-King Awesome.    The funny thing was that when we went for a bike ride in New Glarus, we stopped in a small town for shaved ice being sold out of a trailer.  The kid working there was wearing a Pho-King Awesome shirt. Apparently his mom bought it for him!  That documentary sounds fun!  I will have to check that out.  Do you think the night sweats could be perimenopause?  Yes, the cool air is here!  I wore a sweatshirt to walk DD to her bus stop this morning!  Yes, I think the left foot may have issues due to the weaker hip on that side.  Favorite Stephen King... I started reading his books in high school!  The Stand and the Shining are considered classics, but they are not easy reads...  Have you seen the movie Shawshank Redemption?  It is based on a novella of Stephen King, in a collection called "Different Seasons".  That may be a good start.  Though his horror books are pretty well known, he has other books that are different genres.  Here is a good write-up:  https://offtheshelf.com/2017/09/13-stephen-king-books-every-kind-reader/  I am excited to meet you also!

Karen, exciting about the new puppy!!  Funny how some dogs adore water and other are scared of it!  Interesting lab puppy story, my brother flew into town with his family from Boston a couple weekends ago.  His wife's side of the family has a lab pup, though he's a puppy he's pretty big.  And very excitable.  You understand.    They drove from the airport to my SIL's parents home and the pup almost immediately knocked over my 7-year old niece. She fell on her wrist and broke it! They had to take her to the ER.

Tessa, the scruffy kittens remind me of when DH thought our baby kitten was black and cream-colored. After I gave her a bath, he realized that she was actually not cream colored, but white!  

Kat, hope the chat with the clinic goes well!  I guess our old A/C will continue to live!  

Carol, yay for Glass City!

Ginny, DD's elementary school and DD's middle school do not have air conditioning but they don't close due to the heat.  It gets pretty warm in June!   The newer schools in the district do have A/C, as well as the high schools.

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Ginny, have a good trip to Hell!  

Anonymous Guest

I fell asleep in my chair last night around 9ish, then woke up and went to bed shortly after 10. Slept until 8 this morning. Aaaaahhh. My body is still tired and recovering from the hot hilly marathon I think. Planning on a few easy miles later today on the TM. Weather guy says our first "taste of fall" which he defines as overnight lows dropping below 70, usually hits around September 10-15. But of course this year, nothing like that is even on the distant radar for us. I keep promising my runners it will get better, but even I'm starting to doubt me. We might get rain for our Saturday run, if so I just hope the thunder and lightning stay away so we don't have to cancel.

Headed to Costco in a bit. There is one close to the Volvo dealership so I was going to go yesterday after my car was done, but traffic was already getting bad and I didn't want to get stuck in it. It's up past where I used to work, so I know how bad it gets - it's hard enough to get frozen stuff home still frozen when it's 100 degrees out, add in getting stuck in traffic and no.

Even after all that sleep then two cups of coffee, my brain is still a little foggy, so I'm skipping personals for now.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

I got the confirmation email, with my age of 50 at race day.    <------ I felt the SAME and perhaps a little depressed

Haha, that may be my first race at the age of 50.  <------ me, too!!  

replaced the (flux) capacitor.  <------ this made me laugh, was it Marty McFly??

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ginny, slow and steady is the name of the game!!  I am out there for fun, not speed.  AND....  See you in Hell!!!  Smile

Cathy, my a/c isn't that old, I still just worry.  Glad yours was fixed instead of replaced.  Yes, seeing the 50 on the Glass City Marathon really hurt.  Though I have at least 3 races before that, just seeing it irked me.  I AM NOT ALMOST 50.

Karen is getting a puppy, Karen is getting a puppy!!! Wheeeeee.

Well, that was easy.  Our conversation lasted an entire 8 minutes. At about the 2 min mark she was like, OK, let me send you the paperwork so you can put your bids in tomorrow..  Like, what!  Super.  It took me much longer (45 min) to get all the paperwork in order.  I had to up my liability premiums from 100,000 per pet to 1,000,00 per pet. OMG, it cost me $17.  HAH!!!  Emailed the paperwork off and now I just wait.  I have until tomorrow night to bid on their shifts as long as all gets done by them.

Now... cleaning... dadadadum...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024