Womens Running

Talk About Tuesday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

AKA Taco Tuesday. LOL

Definitely getting mojo back. Kept myself busy this morning since I ran yesterday morning. Will go to Butts & Guts class tonight. The itch to get back out has returned. Yeah! Was playing with my MM page and realized I hadn't put a few races in yet. Woodstock was #47 for marathon + distance and it looks like Screaming Monkey will end up being #50. Seems about right. ha!

Lizzie-woohoo for wedding week!!!

Laura-congrats on the AG finish! Nice!

HCK2-time for a pole barn for all those cars! You do need to keep the garage space. People first!

Damaris-the rough patch is done! Yeah!

Karen-High weekly mileage just doesn't seem very sustainable once the bodies reach a certain point. Especially on concrete. You should come out for my 50th race ... drivable from Houston.

Margaret-ah.. not the 16 mile run. Okay, I was thinking, damn girl!!

Kat-strategy, just keep walking. Maybe take a set time at aid stations to sit and eat vs going thru them more quickly. Becomes the treat to look forward to. Take pictures of things. We will have fun!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go get that 50, Lisa!

RD.  I "accidentally" removed the scab while cleaning it last night so now the knee is bandaged and raw.  Oops.  Scab didn't look right so I had to fix it.  I should've been a surgeon, lol.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me!

Good run but BRRRR. My phone said it was 52 out but there was no way. I was regretting not wearing long sleeves and GLOVES. HCF's phone said it was 44 when I got back. Oh well.

Just trying to get through the next two days...I am already annoyed after reading a few emails this morning. Didn't sleep well at all last night - thinking about wedding things.

Wedding day forecast - Sunny, 71/50!

Run4kupcakes – That is exactly how I think he is getting sick.

Laura – Good to hear from you! Nice job on the race last weekend. Hey, 2nd in AG is still something 😉.

Docket – Aw, you look so happy in this years picture!!

Lisa – WOOHOO for mojo coming back!! 😊 I used to take a butts & guts class! It was fun. YEAH for Screaming Monkey!!!

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

44 is still tank weather, though. Wink  OK, maybe short sleeve...

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

In race weather, yes. Easy run weather....my arms were cold!! Blood wasn't pumping Smile THATS WHAT SHE SAID

44 is still tank weather, though. Wink  OK, maybe short sleeve...

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Heading out shortly for 3-4. Doctor wants to see my foot this morning after I've run. I have a feeling he'll cut me loose after this one, so I've been reading up on coming back from injury. The internet seems to think I can practically jump back into training full force since it came on suddenly, I addressed it quickly and didn't miss much time running. I'll be a little more conservative than that (and of course follow what my doctor says), and add in a second rest day/week. My weekly total mileage will be less but I'll be healthy. This little break has been stressful but in a way good too.

Lisa, can't you just squeeze one more race in there and make Rocky your 50th? Yeah, I've been doing a lot of thinking on my training. The mileage that was fine in the spring was not in the summer. I think it's partly weather dependent. Summer slowdown means more time on feet, plus I probably didn't slow down enough, so my easy runs were more stressful on my body than they were in the spring. I do think I'll try a little less mileage for my spring marathons and see how that goes.

Damaris, 44 is a tank for racing - for a morning run, I'll be hones, I'd probably do long sleeves. Keep resting and recovering!

Liz, perfect wedding weather! So excited for you. You are almost to the finish line. Well, I guess a wedding is more of a start line....you are almost done with the wedding planning stress so you can start your happily married life together.

It's hot here today, so I should already be running. But how hot and uncomfortable can you get in 1/2 hour or so really? If it weren't for the doctor, I'd have made today a rest day just because it's gross and humid out. So I should probably get out there before the sun comes up and makes things even worse.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL, I know.  For me, it's still tank weather.  If it's raining, it's SS weather.  I get so hot I don't know why.

Damaris

Apparently you know me way too well.

Lisa, can't you just squeeze one more race in there and make Rocky your 50th? 

Lisa

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Yum, tacos.    I've really been taking it easy getting back to running after my marathon.  I will attempt to run tomorrow before flying out to Richmond!  I guess I should do some running before the 5K race Saturday morning.  On Liz's wedding day.     Planning out my spring schedule, I signed up for an indoor half marathon in early Feb.  About 47.5 times around the track!  It's actually not too bad, I've done about 9.5 miles there before.  Tentative plan is spring marathon (EEK) and Chicago Marathon in the fall.

Lisa, yay on getting your mojo back!  Wow, 50th marathon+ distance race is very impressive!

Damaris, it's too easy to accidentally remove scabs on knees.    Those marathon photos look like night and day.  Hopefully you have turned the corner.

Liz, nice 8+!  50's I would wear long sleeves.  40's I wear capris, so if it was low 50's I probably would have done long sleeves and capris!     The race Mr Math won was very small.  He didn't even stick around for the AG awards.  I asked if he got a trophy.  He said he saw some small black painted pumpkins on a table with 1, 2, and 3 on them and thought they were prizes for games or something.  I told him that was probably his trophy.    Haha, I will be surprised if you don't do the 20 miler.  

Karen, I hope you get the OK from the doctor!  Makes sense about more time on your feet in the heat making training more stressful.  With your fitness, I don't think missing some mileage will hurt you.  Much better to be healthy!  I have a feeling that DD will be pushing me on Saturday!    She asked to switch to the 10K, which would be more leisurely, but I figured it would be more fun to finish up and cheer for you and Liz!

Laura, congrats on 2nd in AG!  We also have a 2 car garage but DH has half of it filled with clutter right now.  He usually eventually gets it cleaned out so we can get 2 cars in the garage.  Then his work van is also in the driveway so that blocks the car in the garage.  I'm going to attempt to do some afternoon running and see how it goes!  

Margaret, Mr Math corrected me, it is Indigenous People Day, not Columbus Day.  

Kat, the rainbow tumbler is great!  I just looked at your sig for your next race... 100K?!?  

Sandy, yes, that was my first run since the marathon.  I feel OK, just haven't felt like running.    It probably would have felt better if it wasn't 30 degrees.    You did 9 miles on Saturday?  That is amazing!  I didn't want to get out of bed on Saturday.    I thought I missed something when I read "home inspection".  What?!?    Can't wait to hear more!   I am so excited about this weekend!  It will be awesome to see you again!

Cathy

Arimathea

Tessa

Go to the bathroom, grab a drink, and settle in for a 5 page race report.

Spokane 2019

I didn’t have Washington, and when DD took a job in Spokane, one of my thoughts was “do they have a marathon and how is it?” They do. Second weekend in October, so usually coinciding with Chicago and Long Beach. In 2018 the race also coincided with the CPCU annual meeting so I didn’t consider signing up. In 2019 there was no conflict and I registered.

I knew it was a challenging course and I had hoped to get some good training miles in and maybe lose some weight. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. I didn’t plan on the insurance market being harder than it has been in over 3 decades, meaning placements and renewals require much more work and persuasion, or on my term on the vestry being extended to provide consistency during a major change, or on the Institutes reissuing a number of textbooks which means my course materials have to be redone, or even climate change causing kitten season to expand (not kidding) which means more kittens needing temporary homes. So many things got in the way of training that my longest run the whole summer was 16 miles and I was averaging 30 mile weeks. Not enough.

The trip up was delayed unexpectedly due to a wildfire that closed the Newhall Pass. I couldn’t get out of the Santa Clarita Valley in time to make my flight. Switched the flight to Saturday morning for a Sunday race. Got up at 12:30 AM in case I had to drive the long way round, didn’t have to, roads were open, so I got to the airport at 2:40 AM for a 6 AM flight. Ugh. Made it to Spokane before noon, though.

DD met me at the airport and we picked up my race packet at the local Fleet Feet. Nice fleece hoodie for the full marathoners. Half, 10, and 5K got long sleeved tech shirts. There were fewer than 200 signed up for the full, maybe 500 for the half, I don’t know about the 10 and 5Ks. The full had 163 finishers. There were also a number of relay teams for the full marathon, with 4 runners taking various length legs.

I took a nap while DD was out for a while, cuddling her cats Hrhiow and Keagan, we went out to dinner, and then set the alarm for 5 AM so that we could leave at 6. She dropped me off at the hotel which was serving as the race start. Small enough race that everyone could huddle in the hallway waiting for the start. One nice touch was that the full started 2 hours before the half, I suspect to avoid the usual confusion at the point(s) where the course diverges. I’ve rarely seen a race where half and full start at the same time and there’s a “fulls to the left, halfs to the right” point where there isn't some inattentive runner who realizes at mile 15 that they took the wrong turn and are getting some bonus miles, or a full marathoner finds that they are crossing the half finish line. Also this allowed for the full marathoners to get the best parking spots. The finish line is across the river from the start, so runners would still need to make their way back from the finish to the start, but this setup lets the full runners get first dibs of the parking lots.

The RD assures me that they are not strict about course closures, and indeed they are not as I find out later. I am happier than I was. It’s close to the start time so we all head outside. Mid-30s, I’m wearing a sweatshirt over a LS tech shirt, shorts, hat, gloves. (Plus the required-on-every-run running bra, socks, and shoes.) Countdown, no national anthem, and off we go.

First mile is through downtown Spokane, heading west. This is a mercantile and business district, some of the buildings dating back to 1890 or so and quite a few from the 1920s. We’re on the south bank of the river which divides the city. After the business district we’re in an old and prosperous residential area, lovely old homes and a fairly large museum on the bank of the river. I’m getting warm and when I spy a Little Free Library in front of one house, with a bench for the readers’ benefit, I strip off my sweatshirt and leave it on the bench. If it’s still there this afternoon, great, if not, I’m resigned to losing it.

There is a chaser car behind me at this point, I’m the last runner. I am not happy about this. I have no problem with being last, I do have a problem with being followed closely. But there’s not much I can do about it right now. Down a hill from the Browne’s Addition neighborhood to Sunset Boulevard, cross the gorge where Highway 195 heads south to Cheney and Pullman. The gorge has a small river flowing north to add its water to the Spokane River and while it has a different name on the maps this is known to everyone in the area as Hangman’s Creek. I don’t know the full story but I gather it is not a savory one.

Over the bridge, which is a nice arched one, and we turn right and down into the river valley. And down and down. I’ve run this before because DD lives not far from here and I have explored a number of the roads and trails around her home when staying with her. But this goes further than I’ve gone on foot or in a car. Aid station and I grab a cup of water, I know I’m going to need to drink today. Aside from the aid station staff and the volunteers the first few miles there are almost no spectators out.

Past a church, past two large cemeteries. I see something moving in one cemetery and stare, realizing almost immediately that it’s a large flock of wild turkeys. There must be 10 or 12 of them in a cluster. I’m still being followed by the pace car. We proceed a bit further and the road now has no sidewalk on either side. As is my usual habit under these conditions, I cross to the left side of the road so I can run facing traffic. The chase car immediately pulls into the left lane and asks me please to stay on the right side of the road. I am not happy but I don’t see much percentage in arguing this one, so I agree and turn to cross. As you might guess, we now see a line of cars coming towards us. I swear they were on a group call and said “All right, guys, she wants to cross…5 second intervals, don’t leave too much distance between you!” After the parade passes by I cross back to the right side and continue running.

Even though I am the last full marathoner, they’re keeping the roads closed because the 10K will start off at 8 AM and they will be on the same course the first few miles then head back to downtown, then the half will be on the same course until mile 9 when they head back to the finish and the full continues downstream until just before the 15 mile marker. So there are police and volunteers standing in an intersection when I look a little way ahead and say “Oh, dear…I mean, oh, deer.” A sizeable buck is standing at the side of the road. I’m guessing a couple of the onlookers are mourning the lost opportunity since a) we’re within city limits and b) the season hasn’t started yet. I remember that it’s still rutting season and give the buck a wide berth.

Up, down, up, but overall descent. Then a sharp right turn and the crossing we were warned about at the start, the full/half course turns right to go south and there’s a loop involving part of the Centennial Trail. I run on it with delight. This is gorgeous. Paved, fairly flat, in good repair, through trees the whole way. I could run on this for many miles. However, I only get 1.5 on that, then we are directed up a short path and onto the campus of Spokane Falls Community College. Typical college architecture, parking lot, 2 and 3 story buildings, the Sasquatch Softball and Bigfoot Baseball fields, an aid station in the parking lot doubling as a relay exchange point. This is about 7.5 miles. Off campus, up a little way on a sidewalk, and a volunteer directs me into what looks at first like a residential area but what I quickly recognize as a military base. I am not sure if it’s still in operation, though I doubt it since there was no security to get on base. Residences, ranging from barracks converted to apartments to nice duplexes, classroom buildings, and what looks like a large and thriving preschool. I ask a volunteer if the base is still active. She does not know. Oh well. Not Googling now! Around the end of the base, down a hill, and I’m back at the crossroads and am directed left to continue northwest on the Centennial Trail. The volunteer says “make SURE to turn right at the fork”. Which fork? “You’ll see it. Just do that.” I am not happy about any directions that include “you can’t miss it”, but head off down the trail. More paved, rural trail, though this is not as forested as the previous part. Still very pretty. We are well above the Spokane River but below some of the bluffs. I stop at a trail toilet, appreciate the mile markers, and enjoy the perfect weather. High 30s, overcast, little to no wind. These are fantastic running conditions. I’ve removed my gloves and hat by this time but I carry them with me, I put my gloves back on at one point and warm my hands then take them off again.

A couple of the mile markers are missing, but I think I’m doing fairly consistent 14 minute miles. I don’t have any hopes for a sub-6, that would require maintaining this pace the whole time, but I do hope to come in under 7 hours. However, whatever happens, I’m having a lovely long run.

Another aid station, grab water, tell the high schoolers staffing the station that I’m the last one, and they’re happy because this means they can clean up and take everything back to base. I gather there is pizza on offer for both the runners and the volunteers. Still on a paved trail, which is technically open to vehicles but which is almost deserted. This stretch is Riverside State Park which spans both sides of the river and has a few private parcels grandfathered in but is almost all owned by the state. I pass a massive stone fireplace that looks as if it was built as part of a hunting lodge (though if there was a building it has long since burned or fallen down), a number of trails leading in from the road, and get great views of the river. At one point there is a view down to a bend that has massive basalt blocks jutting up from the water, it looks like something out of the end of “The Fellowship of the Ring”. This is worth the getting up early and the anticipated slog.

The trail becomes a road and there are houses on each side, we must be out of the park. It’s still the Centennial Trail, which starts at the Idaho border and goes through Spokane to a town a few miles west called Medicine Lake. I say hello to various dogs, cats, and horses, then come up to orange cones and a volunteer waving me across the bridge. The turnaround point! It’s now mile 15 and it’s not quite 11 AM. While I know plenty of people are already in, I am taking my time.

Cross and back along the river. This is a road called Aubrey White Parkway. No idea who that was. Nice houses along here. I see another Little Free Library but don’t stop. Another day.

Hear a car behind me. Oh NO. It’s the escort vehicle, a red Ford Focus, again. Apparently the same couple drives it every year. Their combined ages probably top 150. They are so pleased to be doing something for the race and I am so NOT pleased that they are doing this. They’re creeping behind me at a distance of about 25 yards and keeping my pace, and probably not happy that I am on the left shoulder facing traffic. I stand it as long as I can, then stop and gesture to them. He drives up to be beside me.

“Look, sir, madam, I appreciate what you’re doing, but having you driving right behind me is making me very anxious and unhappy. I am 56 years old and I have been running since I was 14. I have done many, many unescorted runs on rural roads, and I really do not like having someone tailing me. I know you’re out here to help us, but would you please, please, PLEASE go away?”

They consider. He says “Well, we can’t leave you out here alone, we need to let the race director know where you are. How about if we drive up ahead, you pass us, we’ll drive up some more and let you catch up to us?” That would work fine. (And it’s probably a lot better for his transmission than proceeding at 4 mph.) I agree and they pull ahead. There’s another support vehicle on the road, white SUV with Idaho plates, but that one isn’t driving right behind me. I continue running, passing the Focus at intervals. I wave, they wave. The guy driving the SUV pulls up and asks if I need water. They’ve packed up the aid stations so he will be stopping at intervals to provide water. Bless him.

First the residential area, with what appears to be a continuation of each house’s land going down to the river, then back into the park. This is apparently “the trail” but it is in fact a road. I hear gunfire, figure it’s not directed at me, then pass the sign for the rifle club. No worries. SUV guy, whose name is Paul, gives me more water.

I’m about at mile 18 now and definitely slowing down. It’s a long stretch along the road, all the cones have been picked up though the mile markers are still there, and I’m being passed by a number of drivers who apparently didn’t realize there was a marathon today. A few bicyclists pass me and give me a shout out. Sign at mile 20 warns that trucks are entering and exiting this road from a construction site. There’s an expansion project going on at a fairly large installation on the river, and passing this I read the signs and figure out that this is where stuff goes when Spokane flushes. Glad the treatment plant is downstream of the city! I slog past the chaser car again and go up a hill. 3 more deer are watching me from the side of the road. I gesture at them and an oncoming car slows down considerably when the driver sees the deer – apparently he wasn’t too concerned about hitting a runner but he’s much more conservative when he knows he might hit a deer. I can see his reasoning. A runner isn’t likely to wander out into the road without looking, at least one who isn’t on her phone and isn’t wearing headphones (strongly discouraged in this race and I can see why).

Mile 21, Paul is there with water and tells me if I keep up this pace I will catch up with the next to last runner. Wait. There’s someone else still out here? Oh, yes. He apparently signed up to pace a buddy and the buddy never registered, so he’s out here not to waste the race fee but he hasn’t trained. What’s his name? Shrug. OK, I will keep an eye out for him.

Up another incline, around a corner, and I see the other runner ahead of me. He’s on the right side of the road, I’m sticking to the left. An oncoming car comes at me far too fast and I get as far off the road as I can without going up the hill. Car passes me and sideswipes the ditch as it goes around the corner. I shout a few choice words after him, which do include “slow down!” – this is in Riverfront Park and the speed limit is posted 25 even when there is NOT a race – but also a comment about how he belongs in the municipal installation I just passed. Being processed.

Slog on and I’m catching up to the other runner. Mile 22. I get to him and Paul is waiting for both of us. Paul suggests we run together. I’m not thrilled about running with someone – usually I will do that if we’ve agreed in advance to stay together. But it’s not the first time I’ve picked somebody up and run them in. We move to the paved trail that has just joined the road and start up the hill. This is Doomsday Hill, mentioned in the course description, and it is a long hill out of the river valley back up to Spokane proper, which sits well above the river gorge. We walk a lot of the way. The other runner’s name is Jose and it’s not his first marathon by any means, he’s done Spokane several times, but that was a few years ago and he’s nearly 50 and hasn’t trained much. So he is hurting. Ankles, knees, sciatica.

We get to the top of the hill and Paul and the cones direct us right. When Paul pulls away we see he was parked right behind the 23 mile marker sign (couldn’t he have parked in front of it?) and yay, we have only 3 miles to go. Jose is hurting so we walk, run very slowly, walk some more, run some more. On sidewalks, then down a small hill and the course goes along the Centennial Trail again which is paved but not road adjacent. Paul will meet us at the next trail access point.

Mile 24 and I shout “God Save the Queen!” in a voice that echoes off the gorge, then spend the next half mile explaining that bit of history to Jose. English is definitely not his first language and some things take repetition, I’m quite sure he doesn’t understand everything I’m saying but he’s too polite to say so. However, running is the great equalizer, it doesn’t matter who two people are when they are both trying to get to the finish line. Paul gives us more water at the next access point and tells us we have about 1.3 to go. We never see the 25 mile marker, maybe because we are now wiping rain out of our eyes. Oh yes, it has started to rain.

Someone has left a scooter on the trail. Tempting. Very tempting. But
                      a) only one scooter and they are not designed for two,
                      b) I am not carrying a credit card, and
                      c) I have NOT come this far to get DQd for using mechanical assistance!

We go through the Kendall Yards area, which is being gentrified with new condos and cafes, past a restaurant where I had breakfast with two clients last spring, and we can see the building that we know is by the finish line. There are others on the trail and they seem surprised to find out that there was a marathon today. Then we pass the falls. There’s a lot less water in the river now than there was in May. Down under a bridge and back up, see Paul again, and he tells us to take the street up to the light and turn right rather than staying on the trail, we’re close. Oh yes we’re close. We see the 26 mile marker and we know we have this. Down the sidewalk, I’m still OK, Jose is shuffling in pain, and I say “I see a clock!” It is the timing clock. We move onto the road, Paul guarding us, and get to the clock. The timing mat and finish line have been rolled up but we cross the point where it was and the timing guy records our times. We get medals! Volunteers offer food and are happy to pack up the barricades. I text DD, who calls back and says “Are you wearing a red shirt? I can see you.” She runs over.

Jose didn’t realize the race started on the south side of the river and finishes on the north side. He’s parked over on the north side near the start. We offer him a ride and he accepts. He is supposed to be going to work right after this (turns out he is a cook at a restaurant that’s sister to the one DD and I ate at last night) but he may call in. I hope he does. He is hurting a lot. We find his car and drop him off, then I ask DD if we can go by the LFL and see if my sweatshirt is still there. I remember the street number but I have the wrong street, so we pull up the LFL map and find one on the next block. And yes it’s the right one and yes my shirt is still there! Grab it, and a book for good measure, and home for a hot shower.

Final time: 6:53. Not a stellar time at all, but not my PW and I’m just glad to have finished it. 34th state, 84th full. (34 ultras in there too.) I’m surprised this race has so few entrants. It deserves more! Maybe there were more spectators for the early runners, although there were very few onlookers for the start, or more spectators for the half which started at a more civilized hour and had more runners. I would recommend this race for someone who wants a small, friendly, rural race. If you have to have bands, crowds of cheering viewers, and lots of support, this isn’t the race for you. If you want a long run through varied scenery and don’t mind dodging the odd deer, go for it. Good race!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Taco Tuesday, haven't had that in years.  Today at work in Nacho Tuesday.  It is vet tech appreciation week.  I am tickled that we are celebrating them every day.

Lisa, I am in full agreement with Karen, make Rocky your 50th!!!  On JJ I do have aid station time already built into my outline.  Not long on the first loop, but more so on the next 2.  On the 3rd loop I am budgeting a L.O.N.G. time at Jackass Junction.  It is the halfway point of the loop and a giant party.  Hopefully even at 4am.  I figure I will sit, contemplate dying, and let you enjoy the festivities, if there are still any.  And maybe a shot of something.  Another aid station is run by Hashers.  Funny, I do this online photography challenge and that weeks theme is "Fashion Show."  How appropriate.   Yes, I plan of lots of pics.

Damaris, remarkable difference in the pics.  Glad you were in a better frame of mind.  I can't help but pick at scabs...

Lizzie, I think you will probably be thinking a lot about wedding stuff this week.  How flipping exciting.

Karen, it isn't hot yet here today, but I think it is supposed to be.  Good luck at the doctors.

Cathy, yup, 100K.  It sounded fun back in January....

Tessa, always amazed at your recap.  That car behind you, oh boy, would have "driven" me crazy.

Not much today.  Threw a mini fit to the scheduler yesterday.  We only had 3 people on Sunday, so we were 2-3 hours behind and nobody was able to take a lunch.  NOT OK.  I got ZERO support for it.  Next week, at least my 2 techs are going to go regardless.  I made it clear we will lose clients and be even further behind.  If that is preferable to having an extra tech on, so be it.  So we pay a tech to sometimes sit there, we can make up for their 8 hour shift easily in ONE extra patient being seen.  No brainer.  Well, to me at least.

OH dear, my fence guy is coming soon, kinda forgot.  Best go jump in the shower...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat I'll be thinking of you during my race while you are doing JJ.  You'll get it done I know.  Lisa makes sure everyone finishes who starts with her.

Tessa nice race.  Maybe the half some day.

Congrats Damaris.  You might enjoy this article about migraines:

https://elemental.medium.com/is-exercise-good-or-bad-for-migraines-b4064ba4d288

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tessa, great job finishing.  I would've been annoyed as well with the car right behind me.  What if you stopped and they run you over???

Diane, thanks for sharing.  I've found that I can get migraines after hard efforts (faster than HM pace) during MLRs and LRs if I don't hydrate properly during or after.  And by properly I mean drinking Gatorade and never missing one per day.  I actually realized this after having migraines after such efforts and forgetting my Gatorade.  There must be some connection with the hormone and harder (and longer efforts) and also with electrolytes.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm planning on 3-5 miles tonight. Depends how I feel when finished work

To chime in on the weather wear,  if it's a race then maybe I'd wear a tank with arm warmers that I can roll on and off. But if it's normal training day,  then it's going to be long sleeve or maybe short sleeve with light jacket. I sweat a lot as well but I have trouble regulating my body temperature especially when running slow and more often than not the sweat gets too cold even while I'm still running so it's better safe than sorry. I'm not into hypothermia. But hey,  we're all an experiment of one.

Tessa,  I've had the dfl pacer following me to closely as well.  Extremely irritating. Congratulations on your race.  Great RR

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Great race log, Tessa! Congrats!!

Heavy frost last night. I had brought in my plants yesterday. I’ve planted bluets in 2 pots which I’m hoping will bloom in the spring. We shall see.

This morning I did 40 minutes running on the TM. DC and I are going to golf soon. It's warmed up enough. This is surely the last time this year.

Happy exercise, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns