Womens Running

Twinkling Tuesday (Dailies) (Read 19 times)

My post was eaten in a twinkle yesterday. Hopefully I get a chance to do more than start us off today!

Elina-the planning is sometimes where a lot of the fun is. Do not worry about finding me a race over there. I will probably fly in and out from Rome and that may not end up being over a weekend so relax. You can show me your favorite "dining" establishment, I can hug everyone (warn them American sort of extrovert on the way) and maybe we go for a trail run on one of your trails. So exciting about the babies! Perfect timing with weather getting cooler but not snow yet. Great for dh to take miniK out and allow you cocoon time with miniE AND vice versa.

Diane-you are up to the challenge if anyone is to find the peace in the situation that unfolds ahead of you. Plans are sometimes best when they are put off longer. Just keep getting on tm for shorter times. Or maybe more dog walks will happen at walking pace and that will help build that endurance more than going longer. Find a way to make it work to your benefit (which typically means adjusting what you consider beneficial to yourself). Hugs and hang in there. We all understand and have had life just sort of happen.

Kat-the work situation has got to change. have you considered looking for things that aren't exactly in your past career path? Maybe it's less money but more joy and more hours? Or use more of the time to do the other things that you know you enjoy. Looking forward to Brazos Bend! Woot!

Liz-"mammelville" BWAHAHA. Good runs are the best!

Sue-enjoy the week and hope that others understand some things being on hold with team member being out to care for his wife... hope she is okay!

Heading out for a run but plan on being back! Went to restorative yoga last night. Good stretching.

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me! Body Pump after work.

This run was bit more painful - ha. I think it was my shoes..they are old but I just love them. I can tell they are worn though.  I can always tell I need new ones when my knees ache. Anywho, other than that it was a good run just felt long. It was 63 dewpoint in the 50's - can't complain. Our temperatures are dipping and going to stay at 58 all day today. That's a 20 degree difference from yesterday. You know what that means? That's right, I busted out the boots. My feet will hate me - they have to get used to them again Smile Temps are going BACK up again tomorrow to the low 70's but should be our last 70 degree day for a while. Hopefully.

Not much else to report! HCF and I WILL be buying some mega millions lottery tickets tonight!!

Karen – What great news for DH! Happy for him – and for you since he will be going to the office everyday Smile Thanks for the info on the Clicklist! I may have to try it this weekend. I did notice that there are a lot of coupons for “Clicklist only”. Interesting about the treadmill data. I always find I run different on the treadmill…probably better, actually. When I watch finish line videos of me running, it looks like I put more weight on my left side and I kinda swing my right foot out a little. Weird. LOL – good point about the ninja sex party! Hahaha. I am laughing out loud at your old lady rant. Smart idea to print your own sign. Do it.

Hi Run4kupcakes! Smile

Lisa – Eaten by a twinkie?! You know, I have never had a twinkie before. Ever. They don’t really look appealing to me. Now ho hos on the other hand… Wink Have a good run!

Cathy - Weather says Friday morning is going to be in the 30's! I thought of you..I am excited to bust out my gloves and PANTS!!!

Happy Tuesday!  Oh, you know Mammel is getting his wisdom teeth out on Thursday..he is going to come to work after that. WTH!?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I bundled up and went out for 45 minutes of running on the trail. The air was so clear. I saw a pair of deer, but the male did not have a rack yet. It got much colder last night so I’ll have to stick to the park during the rut until the bucks calm down.

Today I’ll need to add all my layers because it was much colder last night. I'm unearthing my blankets since it got quite a bit colder.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

It's only Tuesday???

Yesterday I ran down the SAND to the park along the beach, did the battle training and ran back. About 3 miles in the sand. I didn't climb the rope, but I did manage to get off the ground so I saw that as a positive step. A woman who is my age (altho she may be a year younger and not in my age group right, now--fingers crossed on that) joined our training group yesterday. She is a little faster than me and can climb the rope, so now I have some serious competition for the obstacle race next month.

Scrambled and made it to church for council meeting. They were quite chatty and I didn't get home till 8:30. If I had been running the meeting we would have been home by 8:00, maybe 7:45. Just sayin'

Did four miles this morning, including walking the dogs. UGH!! It was SO warm and steamy this morning. Just sucked the life out of me.

Karen--I hope your DH's job works out. Yes, I would totally print my own sign so they would leave me alone.

Have a great day!

Seloc

Karen – oh man, I would haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the boo thing.  I for SURE would put the sign on my door or just simply not participate LOL.  One year is ENOUGH.  Hooray for the bananas being en route!  I have to say that good IT PMs are pretty hard to come by.  The one we have right now is HORRIBLE.  But, that completely sucks that your DH has been stuck because he’s so good!  Glad he’s finding a way out and on to something better!  And, yeah, the whole ranking system is BS.  My guess is he can’t get ranked higher because then they’d have to pay him more and since he’s been there a long time the other folks probably NEED the higher ranking to get a higher pay increase to be more in line.  Anyway, just a guess based on corporate politics. Eye.  Roll.

Thanks for all the input on flu shots.  I think I’m going to opt out again and cross my fingers.  Ha!  I am low risk and now that it’s glove season, I do not even have to touch anything in the bus with bare hands!!

Lori- woohoo for 24hr sign up!  Gulp – you run for 24hrs??  When do you sleep??  Hope you apt goes well today!!  Would be super fun to meet you (a real live Canadian LOL) at GC!

Elina – hey lady!  Glad to hear all is well in your world.  Loved the pics on FB!  That’s quite the arm sleeve, tat!  Is that your first?  How long you off work?  Hope you are soaking up the family and getting lots of rest.

Carol – oooh, I love purging!  18 / 8 is still no joke!

Cathy – LOL on the parka wearing.  I hate that we’ve pulled them out already.  Sooo, run this morning or afternoon?  This time of year is always a challenge for me.  It’s so dark and cold and the afternoons are SO much nicer but this cat has SUCH a hard time heading out after work.  42* and breezy for me this morning wasn’t too bad.  Still in shorts!  But I think it’ll be pants tomorrow.

Diane – so sorry about MIL.  And bummer you have to cancel the races.  Yes telecom is always shaky but the whole yearly re-org thing tends to happen across corporate America.  I did see one of the big 3 is laying off 44K.  Guessing your DH works for a LEC?  Good luck with all the animals!

Gatsby – ugh on putting in some hours on Sunday but sometimes it’s best to feel a little better about things come Monday.  Sooooo groceries or intervals?

Lizzie – nice run!  And hooray for boots!  Hmmmm is the lottery up there?  I do not pay attention to that.  Though, I certainly wouldn’t mind winning!  These last couple days I just keep thinking how awesome it would be not to work.  I mean, how great would it be to be able to run in the daylight every day.  Ho Hos?  Blech!  Haha.  My mom used to LOVE those – that chocolate, though, is like plastic!!  OMG on the Mammel – is he coming into work after getting his teeth out so he can whimper and whine to you all??  What a tool.

Sue – sweet workout last night!  Man, that sounds so fun.  I hope you can beat that chic!  Nice steamy 4 this morning, too!  How’s Jake doing?

4.5mi for me.  MAN I’m outta shape.  To be expected, I guess.  Chiro helped a BUNCH again.  He taped me with that rock tape, too.  Canceling my PT appts today.  Made it to Target and procured food for the week.  Might go to Yoga Sculpt tonight?  IDK, I always have good intentions until I get home.  Work has been annoying but just trying to keep my head down and act like a duck – ya know, let it all roll off my back.  Ha.  Have a terrific Tuesday!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Damn twinkie monster got my post too.

Anyway...I hate winter. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

DH will be coming home this afternoon with 2 dogs and 3 maybe 4 cats....they are indoor/outdoor cats so depends on how many he can catch.  The dogs will stay in the old house until I can get them caught up on shots and the male dog fixed.  The cats will probably go to the barn.  MIL is heading to IN to hospice with his sister.  No idea at this point how long.  Weekends DH will have to go over to AR, about a 5 hour drive and work on getting everything cleaned up, she's a hoarder and I guess it's out of control.

I was kind of bummed out but the RD at KUS 12 hour is letting me defer.  I've heard nothing from PH and at this point I'm like F U then I didn't expect a refund or a deferral but a comment back would have been nice.  I've done that one before so never doing it again won't bother me.  There are a lot of others and there's a timed race that weekend here in OK called 24 The Hard Way.  But I do have JJ for next Oct anyway.

I'm only penciling in events next year because I worry about my dad.  I do have Prairie Spirit set and paid for so will definitely do it.  Kat and I are talking about Possums Revenge which is within a drive for me and then Hawk in Sept and of course JJ.

Karen I'd definitely be doing the sign.  I don't mind participating but I hate being forced to do so.

Susan nice beach run, those are hard.  And you'll get the rope.

Judy I don't want to see ANY deer.  It was this time last year I hit that huge buck and damaged my car and my back...which still hurts sometimes.

Lisa, it's just a thing....we'll figure out how to incorporate the new animals and since the female is kind of old she may not be around.  DH is the one really stressing since the bulk of the work will fall to him when it comes to cleaning out the house and shop.

dhuffman63

Trails

Cross posted with you Sandy, no DH works for a rural electric coop that also provides T-1 and higher circuits.  We both worked for WilTel which became Level 3 and got out of there then.  I went to the audit world and he stayed in telecom.  He's actually got a MS in Telecom Management and at this point at the manager level does mostly project management.  He did telecom in the AF and I did it in the Army.  We can talk about his work cause I understand it but he hasn't a clue what I do so it's kind of funny.  The equipment has changed a lot since I left.  Sometimes I miss it.

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I am not running this morning - speedwork (5x400) with the group tonight at the track. Trying a junior high school track in the area since the one we normally use has a football game. I've been told it's accessible to the public, but have not been there myself. Assuming all goes well I think I'll move all our track workouts there - it's apparently closer for most people, and much less likely to have a conflict where the track is not available.

I've been doing doubles on Tuesdays, running by myself in the morning then doing hills/speed in the evening, but I'm planning on double long runs this week so don't really need that extra mileage. So this morning is for the dogs. Literally. Riley stinks and he's so heavy it's really hard to give him a bath, so I called his daycare/kennel and they can give him a bath this morning. So I'm going to drop him there, then take Huck for a little shopping/socialization. We need furnace filters and pool acid, so we'll head to Lowe's. If he's still got energy after that we'll stop by the Petsmart in the same shopping center and pick out a new toy.

These last couple days I just keep thinking how awesome it would be not to work.  I mean, how great would it be to be able to run in the daylight every day. 

Not gonna lie, it is pretty freaking awesome.

Lisa, nice run this morning, speedy.

Liz, nice run. We're in the 50s all day too - I'm wearing jeans and a sweatshirt! It's pretty exciting. Mammal plans on coming into work after getting his wisdom teeth out? Idiot. When I got mine out, and when DH got his out, we weren't allowed to drive after, much less go to work. I sincerely doubt he's so important the place couldn't survive an entire day without him.

Judy, I'm picturing you all bundled up like a little kid in a snowsuit that can't put her arms down. Probably not the case, but that's how I'm going to picture you anyway. Especially since you're so small to begin with.

Susan, awesome workout yesterday. I wouldn't be able to climb a rope.

Sandy, I am so glad the chiro is helping so much! I doubt you're nearly as out of shape as you think. DH has several factors against him where he's at. You nailed one of them. Also, they tend to value projects based on total cost, so a guy with one $10 million dollar project where he just subcontracts everything out to a vendor and then manages the vendor gets ranked better than someone with 10 $1 million dollar projects which partly cost less because they do more internally and because the PM found a small vendor that is really good, but much less expensive. Plus the younger people in the group need a higher ranking to go farther in their career and old guys are seen as not "needing" it, so can get sacrificed. And probably the biggest reason is his bosses bosses boss doesn't like him from previous encounters in his career. More than you wanted to know about the career of a guy you don't even know, but there it is. He loved the popcorn, by the way.

Diane, yikes, DH has got a lot on his plate. As do you. You'll get through it though.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Feeling weirdly energetic, second day in a row. Seasons changing? Endorphin spigot forgot to switch off?  Woke up at 4:30 am but did intervals last night, taking SRD today. So I’m heading into work early. Will leave early and hit the grocery store.  Might also hit Nordstrom Rack and check out shoes. I remember Kat found some Brooks there recently.

Karen, re rant, you need to post a boo-free zone sign, “boo” in a red circle with a slash through it.

Lisa, when are you heading to Rome?  Next spring I assume?

Lizzie, why oh why would anyone go to work after getting teeth pulled?!  Oh right, because the office can’t survive without him and his mammelness.

Judy, stay warm!

CrazySue, good to have a little competition to keep you motivated! Does the ropes thing require pulling yourself up and over an obstacle?

Seloc, so awesome that the chiro is helping!  One solid long run and you’ll be good to go, muscle memory!

DHuff, oh wow, that’s a lot of new animals joining your household. I hope everyone gets along. Ugh on the hoarding, sounds like a lot for your DH (and you) to deal with.

Have a great day!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

My gosh ladies, you were all chatty Cathy's yesterday!  Too much to keep track of.  But it helped me get through the day.

Lisa, I have done some thinking of other things to do besides straight private practice and nothing is appealing - and possibly even worse.  Like sales rep within the field.  I don't have enough knowledge to do it successfully or the confidence.  I have never been good at speaking or being put on the spot.  I know, kind of a negative Nelly on this, but I am feeling stuck.

Lizzie, I have never played the lottery, but am going to today if I can figure out where and how, and that the lines aren't too long.  Sorry your run sore.  Funny, we are going to be colder than you, with a high of 48, which it is now.  Brrrrrrrrr.

Judy, stay warm and bundle up!

Sue, congrats on the upcoming grand baby.  Good luck with the training, kick her butt!!!!

Sandy, though I am a day behind, I haven't ever gotten the flu shot.  Sorry you are feeling out of shape, I know the feeling.

Diane, that is ALOT of new pets.  You are a good person to be taking all of them in.  Big heart.

Karen, great for DH!  I would abhor the Boo thing too.  Hope the track works out for you and your baby runners.

So, yesterday finished up OK.  They really are a cluster.  My first room was a double pet vaccine room.  (2 dogs, same family.)  Easy peasy, I had a whopping HOUR scheduled for them.  No prob, we should be able to knock them out in 30.  NOPE, the tech took AN HOUR to prep the room, get history, and get things ready. WTF, unacceptable.  I sat there twiddling my thumbs.  It was like that all day with her.  SUPER DUPER sweet, but damn...

I am going back too the clinic this afternoon right before work to talk to the "acting" practice manager about things.  Not sure what good it will do, but the Medical Director quite frankly isn't my cup of tea.  I was hired for Sun-Wed 2-10pm (my choice of shifts, they are 24/7.)  When I was interviewing and talking to the medical director he was crazy talking about wanting overnights and weekend overnights - SOLO.  Uh, absolutely NOT.  The practice manager said absolutely not as well and said he would take care of me.  Everything I spoke to the PM about wasn't conveyed to the medical director.  Because this practice is 24/7, it makes scheduling more challenging if they decide to be nasty.  This is a corporate practice, so I don't really know who has the say in decisions.

UGH!

Then after work I went to the LRS and chatted about my shoes.  We decided to try taking out the super feet and see how it feels.  I am down for that.

The weather here is abominable.  Today it is 48 and RAIN.  That is the forecast for the next 10 days, save one.  I am bummed because my friend and her family are coming in and I would like it if they had decent weather...

3 1/2 day to get this pig sty of a home cleaned for company...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cross posted with Margaret.  The Brooks I found were online at the Rack, so maybe check that out too.  Enjoy your energy!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Karen--Dog baths: Tractor Supply has a walk-in dog bathing station here. I think it was like $12 and they had all the fancy shampoos and towels. SIL took Gracie a few months ago.  I actually got mine trained to hop into the tub. I put treats on the far side, so they have to jump into the tub to get the treats.  We have a hand held shower, so you can use that to rinse them. Easy.

Lizzie--OMG on mammel!! Who would even think of going to work after having teeth pulled???They are so doped up after wisdom teeth removal they can't drive, at least that is how it's been for everyone I know. Then they go HOME and sleep it off. And who wants to look at him with a mouth full of gauze and drooling all over himself??? Although the pictures could be used later .... just sayin

Seloc

Diane – ohhhh yes.  Telecom has changed a lot!  Hello Internet!

Karen – oooh, that sounds like a fun little workout tonight!  Wish I was closer and I’d wanna crash the party.  Awwww how cute you have a fun little morning with the pups.  I can just imagine everyone oohing and ahhing over the Huckster.  Yeah, yeah, it was YOU I was thinking about this morning wishing I could be a puppy mama!!  Gotta say I’m kinda jealous though know you put your time in with the madness and are now enjoying the fruits of your labors.  I just need to hold on and get to that point!  Glad DH liked the popcorn.  OMG YES to Margaret’s idea of the sign!!  LOL

Gatsby – heyyyyyyy, enjoy that energy!  Wondering if it’s because you were sick last week so you are extra aware of how awesome you feel!  That sorta happens to me.  Whatever it is, soak it UP!  Nice intervals last night!  You are going to rock that marathon.  I love your sign idea for anti-boo hahahahaha  I would SO do that!  No Boo Zone!!

Kat – wowzers that job does sound like a cluster.  And that tech?!  Ooof, I would get annoyed by the slowness.  WTH was she doing?  Getting down on the floor with a toothbrush and cleaning the tiles?  Hope removing the Super Feet does the trick – would be an easy fix.  Oh boy that weather does sound mizz.  Good luck with the cleaning.

Cracking up – sleepy coworker worked a long day one day last week but had Friday off.  Must have still been too much as this is now day 2 of sickness.  Cracking up because I was anticipating this LOL

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

3 miles for me this morning, an "out and back" run with a goal pace of 8:46.  It was about 30 degrees.  At least it was not super windy and  I dressed appropriately.  All that laundry seems a waste though for less than 30 minutes of running!    I ended up doing my run this morning because I have a call scheduled at 1:00 this afternoon.  Yesterday's 1:00 call went to 3:00 so I didn't want to get stuck here and not do my run!

Lisa, you always have the best advice for everyone.  

Lizzie, nice miles!  Sorry that they were somewhat painful.  I saw the new Triumph ISO's are coming out.  But since I ran so little this year, I am good with shoes.    Nice that you got some cool weather!  Hasn't Mammel seen all those videos of people after they get their wisdom teeth pulled out?  Does he really think he will show up at work that way?  I remember picking up my brother after he had his wisdom teeth pulled out.  He was so confused and drooling all over the place!  On the other hand, that could be really amusing.    Happy Milwaukee Marathon anniversary!  

Sue, nice workouts!  Keep working on the rope.    Is it a free-hanging rope?  Can you use your legs?

Sandy, yeah, I do much better running in the mornings.  Normally I would switch to evenings at this time of year, but we have the dog walking gig.  And can't trust DH to make dinner every night.    I figure after the race I will switch to treadmill in the morning during the work week.  No need to torture myself.    I'm glad the running is going well for you!  Taking it slow is not a bad thing.  

Diane, you and your DH have a lot going on!  Hoping that all goes well, as well as it can, anyway.

Karen, they have this "tag" thing going for the running team, where someone secretly tags you and you're supposed to tag someone else during a race.  Not too excited about it.    Hope that other track works out for you!   I will have to check out the Click List.  I make so many trips to the store where I have to rush in and grab stuff.  I always forget something.  

Margaret, enjoy the rest day!  Hope you score some shoes!

Kat, working off hours by yourself would suck.  I hope the scheduling works out for you.  And that the weather improves for your friend's visit!

Lori, wow on signing up for the 24 hour race and 100K!  That is epic.  

Cathy

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Today I went for my followup. Apparently I have a leaking heart valve. The only remedy is surgery but that isn't required right now as it is still relatively minor and they would only do that if it gets more serious. So yearly followups to monitor that. No signs of a prior heart attack and no clogged arteries which is good. The echo test and the mibi tests they ran show different results and he wonders why so he is sending me for something called a muga test. And then he said I am ok to run now. OOPS. I neglected to tell him that I restarted after getting the gallbladder removed.  The way I see it is that it is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. Besides which, running probably has kept me alive thus far. I just think that any hopes of PRs are now officially over so I will need to find races with generous cutoffs. Also I told hubby that I was going to run GC and he said ok but don't go overboard with all the races. I think he chose to forget that I registered yesterday for the 24 hour. And that I want to do a 100 miler. OOPS. What did I say about begging forgiveness? lol

And then I went for an uber slow 5 miles. Because that is now how I have to roll.

I will need to come back later to read all the posts and do shoutouts.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**