Womens Running

Angel Food Cake WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Can you guess what day it is? I haven't had angel food cake in forever! So good though!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

4 miles for me this foggy morning!

It felt a little bit different out there than it did on Sunday! 69 dewpoint compared to what, 30? LOL. Gross. Looking like I only have to suffer for 2 more days!!!! Smile Run went well considering. Cathy was right on though - did the run outside Smile The first half mile was rough and I was going to just turn around and rest another day, but I gave it a mile. After that things sort of loosened up a bit. I took things REAL slow. Had to actually, so damn humid. Kinda crazy to think I ran a marathon 3 days ago! I am ready to do another one though. How crazy am I? Smile

Massage today after work!! Excited about that! Just have to get through 8 hours of Mammel....

Lori – Oh wow. I hope everything goes okay at the doctor. Crossing my fingers for you. I thought of you this morning when I was having a hard time out there – the humidity can definitely effect the breathing!

Diane – Nice workout yesterday! Tapering..YAY!!!

Docket – YYYYYYYAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS girl!!! SO EXCITED!!!! Going to be an epic FE.

Lisa – Ew, that guy sounds like my boss!

Anyone in Michael's path? I guess he is supposed to "blow" through here Thursday night into Friday - but apparently he is fast (thats what she said)! Should be out of our area by 8am - and bringing cooler temperatures Smile

Have a great day everyone! I am having a bad hair day (stupid humidity). Bad hair days are never a good sign. Wink

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Our cold front arrives this afternoon! Temps will still be in the mid-80s today, but the dew point starts dropping and we're heading to overnights in the mid 60s! Coldest weather since May 15!!!!! Of course there is one warm, humid morning in the 10-day forecast, and that is Sunday, the day of my 10 mile race. Thinking about running that easy and adding on mileage for a long run.

Michael looks like a pretty intense storm - I don't think we have anyone in the FL panhandle, do we? Hope all in its path stay safe.

Today I will run a few easy miles. Kind of playing it by ear and not running a lot until the second half of the week when the cold front comes. Last night was speedwork with the baby runners. I ran the warm up, then just hung out in the middle of the track and blew a whistle every sixty seconds. It got windy and cooled off and we could see dark skies and lightning in the distance. The storm was SUPPOSED to stay to the west, but as I was driving home the sky just opened up. Came home to two dogs happy to see me and wanting in my lap.

Susan, sorry you're dragging. - hope things are better today Glad you're not getting the storm either.

Sandy, dude, bummer on the still sore booty. That stinks. I think Richmond is the same weekend as my baby runners half marathon, so much as I would love to hop on a plane and hang with you guys, I'm out. Plus Lisa's daughter's wedding, which for me means long runs with Lisa. Wait, I just looked it up Richmond is a week earlier than I thought. No, DH would not be happy (although the puppy is behaving like an angel, go figure). I better not.

Cathy, the volunteering sounds like it went great. Never underestimate the joy you bring to the runners. I remember thinking around mile 13 "I'm almost to seeing Sandy!" I saw her for like 3 seconds, and had seen her that morning, and I was having a great time running, but it just really lifted my spirits even more to see someone I knew on the sidelines. Glad you were there for your RB.

Kathryn, dying laughing at the ceiling tiles story. On the job, if they fully book AND take in every walk in, I'm guessing that in addition to being swamped, you starting getting some pissed off people that had to wait a long time. Good for you for standing your ground when it was time to leave. Don't let them take advantage of you!

Damaris, sorry about not getting into London, but yay, that means you're coming to Glass City!!!!! Proud of you for fully embracing the rest days.

Lisa, you crack me up. Hope this is indeed the end of summer weather for you. Summer after a taste of fall weather is hard to run in. I am falling behind in my podcasts, I need to get back into them.

Ginny, I have to imagine you've gotten a lot of strange questions over the years. Nice job getting out there for 3.

Lori, yes, do Glass City! Sorry about the breathing issues. Maybe just humidity after not being used to it anymore? I hope the test results come back showing everything is okay.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Howdy! Skipped group power this morning and walked w DH and the pups. Hands are still healing from when I fell Saturday. Didn't want to break the new skin open by lifting weights. ;(

Lori--sorry about the issues--I hope they get you figured out soon.

So glad we are out of Hurricane Michael's path, but praying for those who will be affected. Yikes!!

I need help!!!!  I have been on a junk food binge and I wake up all swollen in the morning from the salt and sugar. Ugh. I need to quit cold turkey!!!  I feel like crap. Again. I know better...

Have  a great day!!

Seloc

Damaris – hooray for GC!

Lisa – OMG the arrogance of (yes I am going to generalize but I see it SO often) MEN is appalling.  If many women had even a quarter of that confidence…  This world we live in…  Now I’m becoming a stodgy old gramma.

Lori – scary about the heart stuff.  Smart to cut the run back in that kind of H and H!  Hope you get good news from the Doc next week and you can sign up for GC!

Lizzie – what the what on the TCM pics.  Weird!  I’ll have to do some stalking.  I saw a link posted on Twitter of over 2000 photos (free) but didn’t have the patience last night to scroll through them all.  Walking the buildings and walking Ruger buddy sounds like GREAT recovery activity.  Oh, I still plan to come to Richmond and try my best to at LEAST run the half.  It’s snowing in Fargo right now.  Thought you would like that.  LOL on running outside.  Nice 4!  Yes, you are crazy.  In a good way.  Enjoy that massage!  Does Mammel ask about your race?  Ha ha I heard Michael was fast, too LOL

Ginny – LOL on the centipede question.  Did you just look at the person like “WTF”?  haha  I woulda.  Awesome that GD is playing volleyball!

Sue – a mullet is a fish?  And it was on the sidewalk?  Weird!  LOL I first read that you walked DH.

Kat – good for you standing your ground and setting a precedence at the new job.  No DOUBT they would expect otherwise if you gave in right away.  Not your problem they over scheduled.  Work/life balance is a MUST.

Cathy – ahhhhh sitting in front of the fireplace sounds LOVELY!  Is it real or gas?  I have a gas and even though it doesn’t put out hardly any heat (just a crappy 1996 townhome build) I LOVE it.  I looked into replacing it with something better but the cost was MUCH more than I expected or am willing to pay.  I have an electric blanket instead and just look at the warmth haha  That is AWESOME you were at the end of the marathon to see your pals.  I would have had similar thoughts “okay, I can make it to Cathy and then I’m almost done”.  LOL and funny Mr. Math didn’t want to walk by you.  Hey, you helped him get that speedy time!  How is he walking today?  Did he leave it all out there?

Karen – wow, that’s been a lonnnnnnnnnnng stint of warm evenings!  Yay for cool front minus the Sunday morning race.  You are a MACHINE!  Awwww your cute boys wanting in mama’s lap.  Has it been cereal for dinner this week with DH gone?  Hee hee  Awwww shoot about Richmond.  But, okay, I guess lol  Awwwww shucks about your comment to Cathy.  Favorite part of volunteering is seeing all my friends on the course!!

No run today.  Sitting on the bleachers watching volleyball about killed me last night.  Lots of ibuprofen today and plan to run tomorrow.  Day 4 of mid-40s and rain.  Almost time to build an Ark.  SO don’t want to be in the office but not sure I would have gotten out of bed otherwise.  The worm needs to turn in this world and STAT.  Homework Helper tonight.

dhuffman63

Trails

My brother lives in the FL panhandle area, just north and east of Pensacola. Parents live over near Sue so won't be affected.

55 degrees here this morning.  High of 60 today.  It's overcast but I think the rain has or will move out.  Everything here is soggy.

Lori, I understand the anxiety.  Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you.

Sue, I too need to clean up my eating.  I do eat a lot of fruit but I tend to snack on chips and cookies too. I don't normally get heartburn but had some spicyish chex mix and then a slice of pizza....ick.

Weather stalking for the 20th has it at 48/67 with 40% rain, am showers.  I'd rather there be no rain but I like there's only 5 mph wind.  Still 9 days so being OK it could change considerably.

Need to get to work we actually have an audit plan for the year and it looks like I'll be busy.  Plus I'm signing up for a SQL class.

Hi everyone and have a lovely hump day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have nothing or 3 miles and the chafing will dictate. It is still super bad and I have it covered by a bandage but that bandage won't survive a run.  We'll see.

Who has run Glass City?  The course map disappeared as they are seeking the certification.  Is it all roads?  Trail and road?  Paved?  A friend of mine is looking for a Spring Marathon and she wants to break 3:10 and asked about it.  She is deciding between that, Carmel and one other.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We won't get anything from Michael, not even cooler weather.

Liz, go have some cake!

Karen, hope you can enjoy those dewpoints.  Yeah, no problem embracing the rest days.  For some reason I feel run over but I think I got some of husband's cold and the root canal infection, etc.  So, not in a rush.

Susan, ugh.  Hope the hands get better soon.

Sandy, hope you start feeling better.

Diane, jealous of your weather.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I wish the very best of luck to all in Michael's path.

Tuesday I found my buddy and we did 45 minutes out the trail. I saw an Osprey in the nest. I’m not sure if they migrate, but I suspect they head for some warmth somewhere. In the afternoon, DC and I did a hike for 80 minutes. It’s the third of the 8 hikes we do in Fall.

Today I’m going out the trail again. I’d better dash. I’m also picking up a book at my library.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Ugh. I just can't seem to get moving this morning!!!

Sandy--lol--no, I walked with DH. The tide is REALLY high right now, and it has been over the seawall in several places. I was worried the street in front of the harbor would be under water, but so far it has been ok. The fish got carried across the beach and was deposited on the sidewalk, poor thing.

A juvenile fox was playing on the street while we were walking this morning.  Skye went nuts.

Anonymous Guest

Who has run Glass City?  The course map disappeared as they are seeking the certification.  Is it all roads?  Trail and road?  Paved?  A friend of mine is looking for a Spring Marathon and she wants to break 3:10 and asked about it.  She is deciding between that, Carmel and one other.

I have not run it, but have a friend that lives there and runs it every year. All roads. Supposed to be flat and fast. (MTA - roads and bike paths, so all paved, not necessarily all roads.)

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I've run glass city. Later today on fb page I will find my ΔΊ strava activity and post it

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

ginnyb

Damaris....I am so excited that you are coming to Glass City too!  What fun!  Is anyone else doing the half, besides little 'ole me??  Thats okay,  I will get to the snacks sooner then you all.

Lisa...I think today is our last day of warm weather for quite a while.  I will be complaining about the cold soon.

Liz....good for you getting out there and doing 4 miles.  Usually if you can get that first mile in you are okay, although lately for me it is like 3 miles before I am warmed up.

Karen...yay on the cold front moving in, will make it so much more pleasant for you.

Sue...I go on those food binges too.  Lately I have been pretty good (except for those fries yesterday), but I never know when the potato chips will call to me.  Glad you are feeling better, except for your wounds.

Did upper body today, I was the only one who showed up this morning, not my usual trainer, but his mom, she's good too and I enjoyed it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Wednesday!  I haven't had angel food cake in years, my mom used to make it!  44 minute fartlek for me this morning, a little over 4 miles.  My legs are tired!    One more day of warm weather.  It was sunny and raining when I left work yesterday, but was fine by my house.  I went to walk my friend's dogs and the thunder started as we were headed back.  I was a little freaked out but the dogs weren't too concerned and weren't in any hurry to finish the walk.  Got back to my friend's house before it started pouring!

Lizzie, I bet it felt different out there.     It's weird, I was back out today in my shorts and tank top, high 60's and humid.  Supposed to be 41 with a real feel of 32 tomorrow morning!  After the marathon Mr. Math said he was satisfied and felt he accomplished what he wanted to with a marathon.  Now he is saying he wants to get a sub 3:30.  Sounds about right.     Logistics wise, the Chicago Marathon isn't too bad as long as you stay in a hotel that is walking distance from the start line.  I've done a couple races in Chicago and didn't have any issues that way.  I don't know, I guess it's something to try at least once.  

Karen, yay for the cold front!  Ha, figures that it will be warm for your race!  I tried to cheer for all the runners, by name if I could read their bib.  Nice that it was a smaller marathon!    It's nice to get a cheer, especially when you are running without your own spectators there to cheer you.

Sue, get rid of the junk food.    It's hard when it's in the house and available.

Sandy, we have a wood burning fireplace.  It puts out a ton of heat!  It's really nice.  Probably one of the reasons we bought the house, it was a cold dreary day and they had a fire going during the showing.     Mr. Math was more sore yesterday than Monday.  He seems better today.  Talking about running a 5K this weekend, not racing though.  I'm sure he will be really fast anyway.    I hope your run goes well tomorrow!!

Damaris, yay on Glass City!  This truly will be epic.  Oww on the chafing.  I hope it gets better!  3:10?  Your friend is super speedy!

Ginny, I am signed up for the half at Glass City.  I don't want to train for a marathon over the winter!  Anyway, I figure that will give me time to go back to the hotel after I finish, change my clothes, and go back to cheer on the marathon runners.    Your trainer's mom is also a trainer?  That is cool!  I wish centipedes didn't exist.  

Lori, I hope you get good news from the tests!

Kat, sounds like a tough place to work.  Good that you put your foot down right away though!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, nice you were able to get out for a few miles and feel like you want to do another!!!  Enjoy the massage after work.  Kinda jealous.  I love angel food cake, but like you, it has been ages and ages.

Karen, you are getting a cold front already??  We don't cool down until next Monday.  80's all week.  Have a good run later.

Sue, good luck on breaking the junk food habit.  I am terrible at it.  So convenient.

Sandy, sorry you are sore, hope your run tomorrow is successful!!

Diane, best to your family in FL.  Let the weather stalking begin!!

Damaris, I didn't get into London either.  I've applied probably 6 times.  I suppose when I am ready to spend the cash, I will try Marathon Tours and pay out the nose.  I guess it is hard to get on the tour too.  Sigh.

Judy, enjoy the trails and new book.

Lori, I take it GC was a decent race if you are going to join us!!!

Ginny, I might be running the half at GC too.  Just depends on whether I think I can do the full in the 6 hour cutoff.

Just got back from a short 3 miles, not a bad pace though for walking.  Disappointed.  The new shoes are fine, but aren't going to be a major game changer I fear.  We shall see tomorrow as I am hoping for a few more miles.

I really have nothing of interest today.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024