Womens Running

Winter BEGONE Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 33 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - SRD.

TR - as I alluded in my Samuel L. Jackson-esque FB status last night, I walked in the door at 9 pm after work to DH yelling "GO TO SLEEP ALREADY!" and B whining about various things.  It took about 5 different trips upstairs for him to finally settle down.  The main problem was that one of his water bottles dripped a bit on the bed and he wanted a towel to lie on, but the towel kept shifting too much for his liking.

FR - ma po tofu, brown rice, green beans & broccoli.

NRR - so another day, no inknburn.  Sent them another irate email saying that for $30 I could have gotten overnight shipping from other companies (*cough* lulu *cough*), no reply.  Canada Post has until 11 am to get me my stuff, because I have an emergency lulu trip planned.  Murphy's Law will be I won't like anything they have in the store.

WR - terrible schedule today. 1 client at 6 am, and then my next client isn't until 9 so I will come home in the meantime.

~~~~~~~~~~~

bermy - ah, BUSTED.  I had shoulder pain last week that was from carrying the damn sign during the HM, and then exacerbated by my 20m holding my water bottle, but I also had mild tendonitis in my forearm from, uh, self pleasure. Embarrassed I honestly don't know how I hurt my thumb though.  The new shoes were OK, but the majority think I should stick with the old shoes for the race.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

Rr - umm 2.5 hrs in the chi airport entertaining both kids Smile

TR - praying that she's good today. we are both going to miss the warm weather and getting to spend so much time outside.

BR - woke up at 5;30 eastern this morning. I'm a little afraid for tomorrow when we are back in mst.

Nrr - weather yesterday ended up beautiful. We played at the beach, the park, I did one last target run, played in the pool, plus my amazon order was delivered. It was a good Day. Now I just have to get the suitcases closed! I think everything is going to fit!

zorbs - I bet inkNburn just doesn't have any experience delivering to Canada. anything shipped USPS I expect to take 3 weeks minimum. Not 10 days. if they are going to charge that much they should use ups or something. I hope it miraculously comes today.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

running eh

RR - totally overdressed for the 5k this morning, but at least I got out the door.  I knew I was overdressed, but I really didn't want to go b/c I am sick of cold dark mornings.

NRR - was asked to join a committee at DD's school.  It only meets about 4x per year, thought I better join it before I feel guilted into joining something with more work.  A good way to meet some new people, I guess.

FR - having a poached egg on a bed of spinach, tomato and sweet potatoe.  DH was grossed out.

KR - the time change has been great for the kids - 619 and all is still quiet - yay!

Zorbs - That really stinks about your package. Is it your outfit for ATB?  Bedtime is frequently like that over here.  Whining about anything and everything.

running eh

CA - have a safe trip back -  Your RR sounds difficuly  Smile  Hope it all goes smoothly.  Glad you had great weather yesterday - sounds like a great end to a good trip.

Marathonjen

zorbs - Wow the things kids will come up with to avoid going to bed.  It is truly amazing.  Yuck on your schedule today.  Too bad it is a SRD or you could have gotten a good run in.  I hope you get your inknburn stuff today.  I would be royally p'd too!

CA - Good luck providing 2.5 hours of entertainment to two little girls!  That is definitely a workout.  Glad you guys had a great last day yesterday.  I hope your travel goes smoothly today.

eh! - Your breakfast sounds delicious. Good for your for getting out the door this morning.  I am so over winter, dark, and cold too.  Glad you joined the committee...hopefully you enjoy it and meet some good people.

RR - WILL RUN TODAY...at least I hope.

TR - Just dropped him off at daycare, 45 min later I was at work and I get a call from daycare saying he has a rash ALL OVER his body???  WTF?  I just dressed him and it wasn't there.  They said he is acting find and doesn't have a fever so I don't need to get him YET.  They director will decide when she gets in at 7:30.  They think it could be something in his clothes.  I did wash his shirt in bleach...maybe that did it?  I am so hoping I don't have to get him because if I do I have to use another sick day and probably won't be able to runSad

NRR - Dr. appt yesterday was pretty useless.  They just did blood work of which I should hear in the next 2 days if something was off...otherwise I learned nothing and it was a waste of time.  Oh...I learned I need to be more positive...um...Ok?

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - the thing is, the package was sent by USPS Priority, not regular USPS.

eh - yeah the outfit is supposed to be for ATB, but inknburn isn't a brand I've worn before and tomorrow is my last run before the race, so if it comes on Friday, well let's be honest, I'll still wear it but it would be very dangerous. Your egg thing sounds tasty!

jen - that's why I am home, if I was futzing around the gym, I'd be too tempted to ST or run, and I really need to keep my legs fresh more than anything right now. Ugh on the rash, B once developed hives in the 3 seconds between his bath and putting on PJs, so it could happen.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - unsure.. elliptical or nothing... got in 5 windy miles yesterday...

BR - lots of wobbly walking going on... my mom was really excited to see her walking and even noticed her facial expressions are changing...

NRR - leaving C w/ my mom for a couple hours so I can run errands.  Fun.

zorbs - hope your inkburn stuff shows up soon!  i'd be impatient too if I knew stuff I wanted was on the way but not quite there yet..

jen - hope that rash isn't anything serious.. sorry that the doc apt wasn't really... helpful??  Hope you get that run in too!

ca - have a safe trip home!

eh - way to go on getting that run in... i hate being overdressed for a run too... i'd rather be a little cold than overheated...

Erniegirl

RR - 8k with RP and the stroller tonight.

ER - Bootcamp class. The community centre is getting someone to come in and run five free bootcamp classes for Moms. They are also babysitting our kids for free during the class. I was thinking it would probably be a toned-down version of bootcamp, but I am so bloody tired today I'm sure it's going to seem hard.

TR - Worst night of sleep EVER. Deadly combo of teething, a cold and gas meant she went to sleep at 8:30 pm, but then was awake from 9:30 pm until 2:30 am and has been waking up crying every hour since.

NRR - I am so queasy again. I can't even drink my coffee, which I really need today! Zorbs told me to POAS the other day, but it is too early to test so I think it would also be too early to have symptoms? Maybe I'm getting sick. Ugh.

~~~~~~~

zorbs - The inknburn shipping is ridiculous. They should refund your money for shipping. Aren't they waaay past the estimate they gave you by now? LOL on the cause of your forearm tendinitis. I'll bet that's a prime cause of forearm injuries!

CA - Glad you had a great last day in FL! It would definitely be hard to come back to winter after all that time outside. Hopefully spring is on its way. Good luck at the airport!

eh - I sometimes way overdress on cold mornings like that, too. You know you're going to be sweltering once you get going but it just seems so cold when you're getting ready to go! Have the kids been going to bed later because of the time change or just sleeping in later?

Jen - Yeah, those early Dr's appointments aren't very exciting. It would be super annoying if daycare made you pick up J if he's acting totally fine! The rash could be from anything. S got a horrible rash a couple weeks ago from a new baby bubble bath...it was all over her body and looked awful, but didn't bother her at all. I really hope you are able to run today!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

strollermama

RR:  Got most of my speed workout in yesterday.  Started running with the stroller and it was so windy I almost quit.  After about 3 miles I was heading back to the car when I saw a track.  I decided I would do a few 400s since that was my workout for the day.  Managed to get in 5x400m at a 6:20 pace with the stroller and the wind!  Today I have 12 mi on the schedule.  The problem is there is nowhere to run with a stroller around here.  There are no sidewalks which means I would have to run along country roads.  Going to try and drive somewhere to find a place to stroller run.

TR:  Cried when his daddy left for work this morning Sad

NRR:  Ended up deciding H didn't have a stomach bug after all.  He pooped again shortly after and it was solid.  Hoping our colds are gone by the time we fly out on Sunday!

zorbs:  I bet your package will arrive today since you are going shopping at lulu!

CA:  Good luck traveling today!

eh:  Way to get out of the door and get your run in.

jen:  I really hope you get your run in today.  If the rash is from his clothes there is no reason he should have to go home unless he is really irritable!  Hope you don't get another call.

ernie:  Ha, I was going to say the same thing.  POAS!  Are you guys trying right now?  (I am sorry to ask that question but it is hard to keep track of all the mommas that are).  Have fun at bootcamp - that sounds awesome.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

runnergirl9508

RR: heading out shortly for a tempo run, 2x2 at tempo pace.

TR: nap strike yesterday. Put him down around 11:30am, and finally got him up 2pm as he was standing in his crib saying "all done!" He was pretty good all afternoon.  Went outside a d played in the snow for a bit.

NRR: It's the first day of spring, and we have snow in the forecast for the next few days, ugh.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

strollermama

bermy:  I am super impressed with a 20 mi stroller run!!  I believe my time was right around 3h but I had no stroller, just a lot of hills Smile  Do you have a goal time for your FM yet?  I definitely think you could do sub 3:45 or better!

spike:  H loves condiments too!  He will dip and lick, dip and lick, and then never eat the thing he is dipping.

ernie:  H still takes 2 naps a day and days he doesn't go to daycare.  I thought he would change his schedule because at daycare he naps once a day at 11:30  but when he is home he still likes to go down for a morning nap!  Thank goodness.

RR update:  So I think I might have to do a 12 m stroller trail run.  This could be interesting...

strollermama

Forgot to mention, DH has a night jump tonight so he probably won't be home until after 1am.  Looks like H and I will be solo today.

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: ugh on the late night getting B to sleep! Haha on the forearm injury. Race week is always hard for me toI, I feel like I should be doing more but know I need the rest. Boo on the schedule at work! I hate when clients cancel and leave huge gaps.

Jen: sorry about the useless dr appt, when do you go for an u/s? Hope you get a good run in today!

CA: good luck with the travels home today! Hope the girls readjust quickly to their normal schedule.

Cx2: I love those wobbly beginning walking steps. This wind is getting ridiculous.

ernie: hope you're feeling better soon! Enjoy the boot camp a d free childcare! Sorry about the bad night of sleep!

Reh: great job getting out there, even over dressed! I think that's worse than being under dresses. Sounds like a great way to meet people on the committee.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

cx2 - with my new shoe/old shoe issues and my stuff not arriving, I've never been so unprepared (clothing-wise) for a race.  Usually I know what I'm wearing weeks in advance.

ernie - you're right, if I ever get a reply to my email, I'll ask for a refund.  There is a bootcamp instructor, she mainly works out of Persechini's (and I just looked at their group fitness sched, she is still there).  She is the most amazing instructor I've ever known.  If I remember correctly, she lives in MA so you never know, maybe your class will be taught by her?..her name is Tracey.

shelby - well if the stuff comes, at least lulu can be returned...

rg - I'd be totally cool with the gaps if I actually had some working out to do...

beckykay

Morning!

ER:  Probably bike today.  Didn't notice until yesterday but my foot is hurting, boo.

TR:  Obsessed with word world.

NRR:  Need to sign C up for summer camp since we don't have a sitter anymore.

BBL for personals after I sort out all the voicemails....