Womens Running

Weekenddailies (Read 11 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Whatcha got?

I'm still seeking my mojo so no running today while I look for it.

Hubby and I are taking a brief overnight roadtrip to London Ontario. We'll see our son for dinner and then travel a wee bit further where we're going to Stratford Festival on Sunday and watch King Lear. It's been awhile since we've gone to watch a play. Our anniversary is this upcoming Tuesday (31 years) and we have occasionally gone for our anniversary. I've never read it nor watched King Lear so it'll be interesting. Paul Gross is the lead actor in this one.

Anyway, if you're racing this weekend have a good one!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Go get 'em today, Margaret!

Sounds like a fun little trip, Lori. Enjoy.

I ran 3.5 this morning. Just enough to get up to 30 miles for the week. Bummed I'm not over half way to Colorado right now but it is what it is. We are leaving tomorrow. Things are mostly packed. I had planned on leaving Friday mainly because that's trash day so wouldn't have to leave trash in the can in the garage for three months while we're gone. Now to decide whether to take this bag with us and dump it somewhere or just leave it. The guy mowing our grass is just going to have to deal with a few dog poops - not taking those!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thunder and lightning here. I have 12 with the last 4 fast later.

Lori, enjoy the trip!

Karen, nice run. Hope you get there soon.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 3 with strides and then upper body strength training. It was miserable out again. I did the strides on the senior center parking lot, which is a bit higher than the school parking lots and bus loop. This led to the WTF moment of dude stripped naked by his car. I am hoping he was either playing pickleball or had exercised in some way. But in front of an elementary school? Even on a weekend, WTF.

BerthaSalyer, enjoy your weekened trip.

AnonymousGuest, I would think bring the trassh and dump it somewhere. I can see leaving it for a short trip, but not all summer. Or would any of your neighbors be willing to take it out for you?

Docket, enjoy your 12. We supposed to get that later today & tomorrow.

36 mile biking on the road this morning.  C went out pretty fast, up to 24 mph. Thankfully she slowed down for most of the ride, but we were still over 20 mph most of the time, unless I was pulling.  Second half was a bit more leisurely. Tlga I got out there, haven't ridden the road bike in a while.  Kicked my butt.  I'm dragging.

DH's friends are coming over in a bit for a swim and snacks.  Kitchen work is done. Ready to sew a bit and then soak in the pool.

Karen and Lori, safe travels.

Damaris--12 wow

HCK--omg on the naked guy!  Although to be honest we've all done it more than once......

Have a great weekend and watch that heat!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

CrazySue, yea, I do try to be a little more discreet than he was. Changing bottoms is easier, just grab a towel. Getting out of a sports bra usually involves some flashing. I did a trail race in rain/snow, there were signs about the parking lot being recorded, someone got a quick show.

Siskiyou Out Back 50 miler today!  88% of the race was delightful. Great views, forests, and trails. Well managed. A ski lodge to wait in pre-race, with breakfast available and hot meal post race. Weather was great: at higher altitudes, it was breezy and the heat stayed manageable and there was lots of shade even in the lower hot parts. The less loveable parts included me scraping up my right knee again (but at least the wonky left knee did great). The race concluded with 5 miles steep uphill to the top of Mt. Ashland, then straight down to the finish line which was irritating. Oh, and total distance was over 51 miles, not 50. I’d recommend the 50k, which doesn’t do the ridiculous uphill slog at the end. Jury is still out on whether I’d go back for the 100k.  Finished in 13:41:16, first in AG and got a SOB cowbell for an award.  Plus a finisher mug. I opted not to buy a shirt, I have too many.  And I got a “dirty SOB” hat as a prize for my gnarly scraped up knee.  Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

GatsbyBird, sorry about the knee, but CONGRATS on the race! 

Damaris, your thunder and lightning missed us. It's great that you have the inside exercise stuff to cover for the dangerous weather times. 

CrazySue, great work on the ride! 

HCK 2.0, at least the nude was by his car and not dancing around the parking lot.  

Karen, I hope you have a great and safe trip to CO. DS loves it out there. 

SB was not there at the trailhead this morning. Since the stalker was there in the parking lot,   I drove down to our park and ran my 35 minutes. Police patrol the park and it has great visibility to see anyone flaky.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 5 and weights.

Judy, I sure am, especially with my breathing. I haven't run outside in two months or so, sigh.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi to all.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Karen!!   Woot woot.  

I got a good long run in today.  Pleased.  

Margaret, congrats.  

Off to drinks with friends. 

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 with intervals and lower body strength after. No nudity today. Now it's raining, again.

GatsbyBird, congrats on the race. 5 miles uphill towards the end sounds brutal.

AnonymousGuest, Happy Birthday!

judyruns, seems like a wise move to go to the more populated park..

KatS, nice job on the long run!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Birthday, Karen!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kat, enjoy the drink with friends!

HCK, nice intervals.

Margaret, nice job!

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Happy Birthday to you, Karen.  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Killer race, Margaret!

Awesome long run, Kathryn!

hi to all and thanks for the birthday wishes. We are at a city park with free camping in the lovely town of Littlefield, TX. Will be in Pagosa early afternoon tomorrow. DH rode his bike down the street and got us tacos for dinner so I didn’t have to cook or clean up on my birthday. A/c is running (although it’s about 10 degrees cooler and much less humid here than at home); dogs are sleeping, all is good in my world..

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel