Womens Running

Survival mode Thursday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

The whole week has been like this. I need a vacation badly, but w boss being away whole next week and new store grand opening on June 7 - no chance. Running after work = the only way to stay sane. Looking forward to meeting friends and Women Run on Saturday.

Waving to everyone, back to work.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

K, hope your week calms down. Running after work always helped me stay sane.

After Tuesday’s run I was also thinking how different it feels to sweat after a run. There are drinking fountains where I go so I can add water to hair, face and arms. Fifty minute run out the trail this morning. Toe held up well. There were at least 3 classes of kids walking down the trail to the park for a day off today. They were about 4th or 5th grade. Cute kids. Wildlife was quiet. I did some extra work on small hills. Getting the toe used to everything. I was wearing my kerchief with smaller ice pieces in it. Big cubes are better and really wet me down and cool well. I had forgotten that there were no bigger ones in the freezer. There will be now!

Today I’m up early so I plan to grab a quick bite to eat and then go down to the trail.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Riley is on board with getting up earlier - he's been bugging me on and off since 3 am! I guess he thinks 10 pm is too early for us to go to bed. Sigh. Today is daycare day for him, so I'll drop him off right when they open at 7 and then head down somewhere besides my neighborhood to run a few miles. I would like to run 7-8 today. I probably should have gotten up even earlier and done it before daycare drop-off, but that wasn't happening!

Tessa, glad you finally made it home! Yeah, that sucks when your first flight is late. Lucky they held the plane but they don't hold up the boarding process. My A boarding pass didn't do me much good going from New Orleans to Boston as I ended up in the very last row since the plane had completely boarded by the time my flight from Houston landed. The other thing that can suck is when over half the plane is already full when boarding starts with people from its previous destination. You think you've scored with a low A number, get on the plane and all the good seats are already taken.

Lisa, nice report and pictures. Always good to see you checking in.

HCK, are you guys still getting rain or is it just back to sunny, hot and humid?

Damaris, love you too. Nice job on the hills and I'm glad the TM survived.

Ginny, good to have you back! Congrats on the new basset, she is adorable.

I agree on birthday week - I've been an advocate of that for years! Especially since DH doesn't much care about birthdays, so I buy myself things for a good week at least. Any questions and the answer is "it's for my birthday!" This is the first time he's used it though.

Hang in there Elina! Your work is lucky to have someone that thrives on crazy busy.

Judy, glad the toe is willing to run again. Yes, I try to do longer runs with water fountains around - I will fill my water bottle, squeeze it over my head, then fill it back up to drink.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

4.2 for me this morning!

Man, wish I could have gone longer because it started raining mid run..and that felt awesome!!! Since I am running 5 days in a row (yikes), I wanted to keep it somewhat short. I was very speedy this morning..hmm I wonder why Smile

So..for those who don't have Facebook...HCBF popped the question last night!!!! I said yes Smile

I am a bit on cloud 9 but it also doesnt feel real!! I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP!!!! Last night we went out for a nice dinner and then we went down to the beach to just watch the sunset and listen to the waves. He was very fidgety and nervous! I kinda had a feeling but wasn't sure. It was pitch dark out, then all of the sudden the clouds moved and the moon was shining so bright and reflecting onto the water - SO BEAUTIFUL!! Then he got up and was washing his hands in the water and he picked up a shell (we had this running joke all week with the smooth shells..I kept saying this shell doesn't fit on my finger Wink ) got down on one knee and said "here you go". I said.."this doesnt fit on my finger" and he said "This will" and he pulled out a ring!!! I said WHAT!!!! He said.."Will you marry me?". SO CUTE. Now that I am thinking back on it, I could tell he was nervous! I kept saying "is this happening?!". Doesn't feel real at all.

Our parents were waiting for the call. Apparently when I was in FARGO..he drove up to my parents house and talked to them for 2+ hours about getting their "blessing". So, they all knew. He has had the ring since February..wanted to do it at the Newport News race..but things just didn't come together. The way he did it was perfect. There was no one around..it was our moment.

OH..he had a hell of a time getting it through TSA security!! He apparently WORE it so the agents wouldn't search the bag!! Luckily he was behind me so I had no idea!!

Who is down for a BACHERLORETTE MARATHON WEEKEND?!

Okay. So we are going to soak in this moment..on the beach. Storming now but it will pass soon. Smile

Personals next..

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan - which group class did you do yesterday?? I wonder that too about the instructors! They must eat a ton.

Kathryn - Soooo beyond proud of you and the race. You did so awesome. It got tough for you but you powered on..so so so happy for you!! One thing really stuck out to me in your RR..DEVILED EGGS?! During a race?! Wouldn’t that be instant POOP!? LOL. Hahaha. I am so sorry about the ending to your trip..I hope that you were still on such a high that it wasn’t “that” bad. Glad you are recovering well. SOAK IN THAT GLOW!!! Smile That is awesome that the tow was free! I need to get me some AAA!

Sandy - Nice miles yesterday! How long is your training plan going to be? Weeks wise? And uhh, OF COURSE there is room at the Inn silly!!! Smile Smile I have two extra guest rooms so you can have your pick Smile I am excited! Have a great time with your sister today!

Cathy - Nice run yesterday! Hope you have a good jog today Wink I did not know that about women runners. Now, its usually all you see out there! I always see many more women then I do men! Very interesting on the plan. Oh yeah, 24 months is too long Wink But, I am really interested to see how it works for you. I may be inspirited Smile

Docket - I think a lot of insurance companies are doing that now. Hope the hearing went well!

Judy - Yay for running on the trail!

Karen - Wow, nice workout yesterday! I notice that even when I take 1 week off of strength training - I am sore. It goes fast! I will be sore after my next body pump. I would be excited about registration, too! You are so awesome and an awesome coach Smile Maybe cupcakes after the first group meet? Smile

Tessa - Wow, your travel home doesn’t sound fun. Glad you were able to take a somewhat vacation day. Nice miles this morning! Since you worked some, are you still going to count it as a vacation day?? You are recovering well!

Ginny - YAY on being back in action. I saw your trainer posted a picture - is he back now??? I am guessing that the back is feeling better?? Smile I LOVE DIXIE!!! She is so cute!!!!

Run4kupcakes - Nice miles yesterday! Running through a cemetery? Creepy.

Lisa - Congratulations on the race!!! Love the photos Smile Karen mentioned that you are always the one that takes the photos Smile How did DC do with all those women!?

Kilmisters - Hang in there!!! Have a great run today. Which, judging by your day you should Smile Oh and, GO CAPPPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Karen 2 - This whole early riser things is throwing me off!! LOL. I am wondering why you are posting so early hahaha Smile Get out there and run!

OH...GO CAPS!!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Three miles this morning...bathroom detour back to the house. At least I made it back to the house.

Just as I was leaving for work Deuce and Stark loved all over me. Yellow dog hair all over my black slacks. There is no emoticon for that.

Lizzie---CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Ginny--Glad to hear you are back in action.  Yes, ease back into exercise! Congrats on the new basset baby.

Elina--hang in there!!

Leaving tonight for a quilt seminar in Jackson.  Woohoo!!!

Kilmisters

Lizzie, congrats! Amazing news! Smiling like idiot here; everyone thinks something good is up w work stuff (news from Competition Council etc.), but no, the hell with it, HCBF has become HCF!!!!!! There was a certain point when I was 90% sure it would happen some day and I am glad to see it come to reality Smile

Got call from boss who's in the middle of meeting now- ''can you stay a bit after work". Survival week continues. Meh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Seloc

Lisa – love your post and all the pics!  Sounds like a great weekend for SURE.  I have a needed kit kat as well.  You inspired me to brush him to put an end to the nightly hacking of hair balls – so far, so good!  Oh, and the “few other things” keeping you busy makes me smile.  Glad I got a glimpse – nice looking.

HCK – oh wow, for SURE you need to celebrate your half birthdays!  Interesting about the small family cemetery.

Ginny! – hi!  Glad you are back!  Back posting but, more importantly, back in action!  Glad the back is feeling better.  Awwww congrats on the new four-legged family member.  A cutie from the pics on FB.  I am NOT complaining about the warm weather though I would prefer slightly less humidity haha  Sure is weird to dive head first into summer!!

Tessa – ugh on the travel delays.  And sorry you are having to work on your day off!  Nice you were able to get some miles in and good to hear the ankle is on the mend.

Karen – sounds like a great OTF instructor.  It is super motivating when you get called out.  Happens to me LOL.  Exciting getting all your ducks in order for the running group.  You are such a pro at this now!  Laughing at you giving yourself a break to post just like a corporate job!!  Oh Riley haha.  He must have been excited its day care day!!  Does this mean he will be wiped out tonight and let his mama sleep in?  Have a good 7/8 in a different area.

Elina – hang in there, Elina!  Running and beer, running and beer and hockey – ways to stay sane.

Judy – good to hear the toe is holding up!  Oh!  I saw a fox over the weekend.  Unusual wildlife always makes me think of you.

Lizzie – WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How did I miss that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG  SO OUT OF THIS WORLD EXCITED FOR YOU TWO!!!  That’ll teach me to check FB before I start working haha  What an incredibly super cute picture!!!  OMG the way it happened is just perfect perfect.  So so sweet!  I have goosebumps!  And so so cute of HCF talking with your parents – awwwwwwwwww.  Heart.  Melt.  Im IN for bachelorette marathon weekend!!!  And, oh yeah, saw the Caps won last night – woohoo!!

5.5 foggy steamy sweaty miles with two of the moderately fast girls.  We ditched the speedsters haha.  Was about a 10:30 pace and my heart rate averaged 160.  Not sure what all that means LOL

HH with my sister and family last night was fun.  Will see them again tonight – love when they are in town!  Super happy it’s a short week.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

What a special Thursday...

Elina, good luck with work.  Sorry you need a break and won't be able to get one.

Judy, glad the toe is doing well!

Karen, 3am, uh, no.  How bad is the weather in Houston?  Miserable here, I would assume there too.

Lizzie, Lizzie, Lizzie - wahoo, congrats, how wonderful, and happy happy.  I woke up this morning, too early, and checked my phone - one of the first things I saw was your news and was so tickled for you, and HCF.  Bachelorette marathon weekend indeed.  Bask in the glow.  Love how he got the ring through security.  Sweet he asked your parents, what a gentleman.

Sue, enjoy your quilt seminar.  How long are you gone for?

Sandy, glad you are enjoy time with your sis/family!!

Getting a sore throat here and a teeny tiny bit of crud in my chest.  Nothing bad - yet.  Calves are still sore.  Half marathon this weekend, but I think I am skipping it and staying home to relax even though it is the most social race of the year.  Still catching up on sleep, I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 last night.  Woke up too early though and might consider a nap before work.

Work is work, I have fill in shifts almost the entire month of July.  Financially I should be fine at least through the end of July.

Called the rental car place and once the claim gets processed, or whatever they do, they will mail me my purse. YAY!

Have a great day all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and weights.  Thought of moving my 4 miler from tomorrow to today but I don't think I'll have time at all, as I am also taking Bugsy the Beast to the vet for his protein level checkup.

Congrats, Liz!!!!!  So happy for you.

Karen, LOL.  The TM was whining so badly, hubby thought I had injured a cat with it.

Elina, hoping the week goes better for you.  But if not, tomorrow is Friday and I hope the weekend makes up for it.

Judy, glad to see you around again.  Enjoy the trail.

Susan, nice run.

Sandy, nice run!

Kathy, hoping you get the purse soon!

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz and HCBF now HCF, congratulations! Thought that might be coming. How nice that he asked your parents -- not that he needed their permission but that is a good way to help make future in laws like him.

Which race did you have in mind as a bachelorette marathon weekend?

Hang in there everyone for whom this is a crazy week.

Susan, oh yes I hear you on the animal fur. Iota is particularly good with that since he is dark tabby and white. His fur can show up on just about anything. Add Gwen's black fur to the mix and they have every outfit covered.

Kupcakes, Chistmas Eve is a challenging birthday, I would think. My SIL's sister is December 26 and her daughter is December 24. Pity SIL's BIL who has to find gifts for both wife's and daughter's birthdays as well as Christmas gifts and all within a short time period.

3.6 this morning with RN. Glad I did it. Good chat. I want to go to the gym but it is very unlikely that will happen.

And I very much do not want to get on a phone call this morning but have to anyway.

dhuffman63

Trails

Babysitting was fantastic.  We played and read books.  She's such an easy going child.

Congratulations to Lizzie and HCF.

I had to get rid off all black clothes because the dogs and cats.

I was tired yesterday so I skipped my 4 miles.  Will do 3 up at the gym at lunch and then 7 tonight to get the miles in.  Person I need to talk to about this project is out all week so I'm piling up questions.

Judy nice the toe is better.

Ginny nice you are back to running.  Not sure what I did but my back is no longer hurting.  We'll see what happens when I can finally get outside on the hills.

Kat I keep seeing posts on FB about that KS race in July....IF I have enough PTO after my trip to MS to see my parents...perhaps?

Depending on where and when the bachelorette marathon is maybe?  Course I'd only do the HM if they have one.  I like trail races cause the cutoff times are good for this slow person.

Anonymous Guest

7.1 for me. It got hot (shocker). Now home and started on cleaning. A woman from my running club (not my baby runners, my other club that I never run with but still have friends there, so I keep joining every year) that is a triathlon and run coach has started doing a group hill workout at the one hill in the area (soapbox derby hill at a park) on Thursday evenings, so I think I'm going to drive over for that. Assuming I make that, it will be a double for me today with another 4-5 miles tonight.

Our parents were waiting for the call. Apparently when I was in FARGO..he drove up to my parents house and talked to them for 2+ hours about getting their "blessing". So, they all knew. He has had the ring since February..wanted to do it at the Newport News race..but things just didn't come together. The way he did it was perfect. There was no one around..it was our moment.

I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING!! I just love HCF, what a sweetheart. Now we just need an island big enough to contain us for a weekend with a marathon for the bachelorette weekend. You know, cupcakes after our first run would be a good idea, except the shoe store wants to open and have breakfast for us every single Saturday again. Mmm, kolaches. I am going to email (and if I can get my extrovert going, stop by) several of the businesses in the development to ask them to sponsor, hopefully the cupcake place will step up and we can get something out of them.

Susan, Riley is shedding so bad right now, I can't imagine two of him! When I got back from Fargo I was wearing black pants. He was excited to see me and just rubbed up against my legs and the pants were covered in fur. I would have had to change if I was going anywhere it was so bad.

Sandy, look at you ditching the fast girls for the not quite as fast girls. I hope Riley comes back exhausted enough to let me sleep in tomorrow. I'm not asking for much - just 6 or 6:30. Have fun with your sister!

Kathryn, miserable here too. Overnight lows in the mid to upper 70s, highs will be close to 100 by the weekend. Glad you made it home eventually. I'd probably blow off the half if I were you - you did just run an ultra after all!

Damaris, hope all is well with Bugsy.

Tessa, glad you got a run in with RN this morning!

Hmm, this has taken awhile, wonder who has cross-posted while I've been typing. Cathy? Diane?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, it is too late for the KS, I already have accepted work shifts.  Bummer...

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Sat in the office till 7pm, lost faith in my skills, cried a bit (ok, maybe a lot), got home, opened beer. It's just been that kind of a week. Rest day as per Karen's plan; perfectly timed.