Womens Running

Tapering MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I think a lot of us are starting to taper back, yes?!

I can't believe we are so close!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 speed work miles for me. I did 6x .30/.10 rest.

Good run this morning! It was 65 and humid so I was wearing shorts and a tank. Going to be humid the next couple of days until a cold front comes through this weekend. Could tell it was humid by the effort I was putting in on the intervals. My heart rate was higher than normal! Felt good, though. Felt really weird waking up at 5am. Thats sleeping in! Wink

Back to work...hoping I get some access today! Long travel day tomorrow. Probably going to wakeup at my old wakeup time to get out the door a little sooner.

Sandy - How was your low key weekend? I don't watch the basketball but saw UVA is in!

Docket – I hope the hubs got you some well deserved pizza!

Karen – OMG. So glad that DH is okay! WOW. It could have been so much worse. He is lucky. I am sure he is bummed about the car Sad

Margaret – Congrats on the race and the 2nd in AG!! Woohoo!! I could use another weekend day as well!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight.

Liz, nice workout.

Damaris

Seloc

Ugh to Monday.  Gonna be a beautiful day!  Wish I could enjoy it before the snow.  4ish Sat, 5ish yesterday, nothing today.  Celebrated National Beer Day a bit too heartily and just wasn't up for getting up so I guess it'll be a rest day.  I didn't have a planned one this week anyway.  Weekend was meh.  Need more social interaction for sure.

Lizzie - glad you had a lovely weekend.  Yep, UVA is in the championship game.  Super exciting finish over Auburn to get in.  I won't stay up to watch tonight.  Enjoy the taper and the exciting new job stuff!  Do you miss the mammel yet?  Hee hee.

Karen - whoa, that's a bit too much excitement for a Sunday afternoon!  Bummer about the car but thank goodness no humans or other structures were involved!  Awesome running for you as always.  I'm excited for all you marathoners at GC!

Kat - yikes on all the storms down there.  Smart to wait them out.  Weird about completely closing the clinic.

Laura - great running this weekend!  Ya, NOT looking forward to this next snow event.  At.  All.  Last year same weekend we got 26 inches.  They are saying about a foot for Thursday.  OVER IT.

Gatsby - no doubt you need a day to recover from your weekend!  Sounds like a fun one, though!  Congrats on 2nd AG!!  I will have to go see who won the women's NCAA.  I'll probably root for UVA tonight but won't watch.  Too late for gramma here.  Ha.

Damaris - awesome 20 on the mill.  You earned that pizza!

Better get at it.  Meetings alllll day starting in 40 min.  Cheers.

Seloc

Almost forgot...

Cathy - sorta funny.  Somehow I didn't notice the author when I downloaded The Couple Next Door.  I'm reading and it's like a gay man's romance novel.  I'm thinking "hmmmm, interesting Cathy recommended this" then I checked.  LOL.  I finished it.  It was eye opening haha

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, 5am is NOT sleeping in...  You early birds!!!  I got up at 8am and it is early early early.  Nice miles though.  How far is your drive tomorrow?  20 days till the race, wahooooooooo.  It is going to be fun.

Damaris, did DH find you REGULAR pizza?

Sandy, ugh to Monday too.  Glad you enjoyed some nice weather.  SNOW?  It is April, does not compute. 90 predicted here Wed.  OK, possibly a bit too warm for April.  Totally get where you are coming from on needing social interaction.  I have done meet-up groups, but cannot stomach them anymore.  I looked into some artsy type ones - photo, etc, but couldn't find anything.  Sadly, work is my only social thing, outside of you ladies.

Margaret, Lisa's is only 10 min from the airport, maybe we will swing by and get you and just head to Hell.  OK, Chelsea.  Have you been to visit before??  Congrats on the AG placement, wow, you have been killing it as of late.

I'm going to TRY a new thing, we will see if I am successful.  I would like to stop sleeping in so late.  When I don't get up until 10am, or easily later, I have zero motivation.  SO, I am going to attempt 8 or 9am and see.  If I can go to bed by midnight, that should be good.  I need a good hour or so to get moving in the mornings.

Curious as to what work will be like.  I would like to have a sit down with my medical director. Sadly, he wants to leave too.

OK, need the coffee to kick in, have a bagel, and get out for a couple of miles.  Mad at myself that I decided to skip the half's on Saturday because I didn't have the discipline to get the 13 in on my own.  

Oh, Monday, Monday...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, real pizza is everywhere around here (in Broward because Miami pizzas suck) so we got some at our favorite place. Smile

Damaris

Slept in this morning.  Yesterday was a crappy 2.5 miles.  We've been moving to the new house all weekend, and I was just really sore/tired from all the bending/lifting/carrying......Most of our stuff is at the new house except sewing room, plants, tools and laundry room. Still unpacking the kitchen. Still LOTS to do. The big challenge is deciding where things will go....storage is not set up like the old house. We'll figure it out.

DS2 is going to rent the old house, so he is in serious cleaning and paint prep mode. Took Skye to the old house to hang out w the labs.

Karen--OMG on the car.  So glad hubs is ok and the house did not catch fire!!!  YIKES!!!

The neighbor across the street has a chocolate lab. Sunday morning he was trying to get the dog to fetch the paper and bring it to him.  I laughed SO hard.  Dog had the paper, but would not bring paper to owner.  It was hilarious!!!  New street is very quiet, which is nice.

Lizzie--hope new job is going well.

Have a great Monday!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  The weekend was decent, younger DD started soccer season and older DD had a taekwondo tournament on Saturday.  Sunday younger DD had a Girl Scout outing at a local furniture store to design her dream bedroom.  Apparently we need a bigger home and we need to win the lottery.    I ran an impromptu 2 miles with younger DD on Friday afternoon (Friday is usually my rest day) because she wanted to run, it was 60 degrees!  So I shortened my Saturday run from 6 to 5 miles.  My long run was a little over 13.3 yesterday.  Also a short bike ride with the kids on Saturday afternoon.  Another beautiful day today, we may hit 70, then we are dropping back down into the 30's Tuesday night.

Lizzie, yay for a nice relaxing weekend for you!  Along with some hillwork.    Nice miles for the week!  I still have one more high mileage (for me) week and then I get to taper!  Funny about your training plan mix-up.    Nice miles this morning!  I hope your butt is all better.    DD wanted to go to Red Lobster for her birthday dinner.  She likes the biscuits.  The food is pretty horrid.  She is having an outing with her friend next weekend at the local water park hotel.

Sandy, enjoy the nice weather!  They mentioned that S word for Wednesday.  I'm sure if we get any, it will just be flurries.  I hope so, anyway.  Haha, funny about the book.  You mentioned it being only 200 pages and I thought that seemed kind of short!  It is a relatively short book, I think a little over 300 pages.  But not that short.    Glad you enjoyed it, lol.  I could have used some nap time this weekend!

Kat, glad you had a good run this weekend!  I hope that getting up early helps.  I personally can't sleep past 8:00 AM.    But then I am usually asleep by 9:30.  

Sue, I'm glad the moving is going well.  Funny about the neighbor's dog!  DD has been trying to train my friend's dogs.  It's really cute.

Margaret, awesome job on the HM!  Wonder why you were beat.  Haha.    I will never complain about hills, with the elevation that you regularly run!  

Karen, wow, scary about DH and his car!  I'm glad that no one was hurt.  Hopefully the car is not totalled.  Nice workout!  Glad you got it in before the storms.  Awesome mileage for the week!  Yay for the last 20!!

Damaris, nice job on the TM 20!  Enjoy the 5!

Laura, wow, that is expensive for alterations!  The photo doesn't show up on my work computer.  Darn it.  Sorry about the inner knee and toe pain.  That stuff needs to go away!

Tessa, SLO sounds like a nice race!  Though now I mentioned DC to DD and she is excited about it.    The Faire sounds like fun!

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lizzie, I forgot to mention, the "new" Milwaukee Marathon was this past weekend!  The marathon distance actually looked like it was correct.    They did change the course.  Mr. Math ran the half marathon, finished in just under 1:36, a 7:19 pace.  His last mile was a 7:00 mile.  He is inhuman.  

Seloc

Oh, one more thing...

Laura - as for the knee pain.  That happens to me when my IT band is super tight.  Feels like the tight IT band is pulling the leg out in the other direction putting pressure on the inner knee.  Hopefully that makes sense?  In any case, maybe rolling/stretching that may help?  It does for me.  I think someone else may have mentioned that as well.

Okay, I best pay attention to this call.  Over and out now for sure.

LC Runs

Hey Ladies!

Yay for Monday workday being half over with lol.  I am home for an early lunch then heading up north for the afternoon for a client assessment.

Plan on running 3-4 after work.

Lizzie - nice run today!!

Karen - WOWZERS on the car, how scary!  Glad everyone is okay.

Sandy - I missed it was National Beer Day!  This snow forecast, uggg.  I don't think we're supposed to get as much as you all, looks like our temps are staying relatively warm so it will hopefully be more rain than snow. I'm not scheduling any travel for Thursday, though, I have had a couple of recommendations to foam roll.  I'll have to buy a foam roller, though.  I lent mine out a few years ago and never saw it again!

Kat - I agree on getting up earlier and getting the run done first thing.  I find it hard to motivate if I don't get up early and go.  Ugh on the job situation and I can relate. My favorite co worker put in her two weeks last Friday...and I know a few others are interviewing. Bleh

Hi Damaris!  I just had leftover pizza for lunch, I love pizza!

Sue - so exciting on the new move!!

Cathy - you had a really busy weekend, but it sounds like a fun one!  I was wondering if anyone could see the picture, I just copied and pasted it.  I can not for the life of me figure out how to attach a photo on this board!

Guess I should 'git', need to finish up a couple things then head out for the afternoon.

Have a great day!

ginnyb

So you all are starting to taper and I am trying to get miles! I ran 3 on Saturday and Sunday.  Somewhat concerned about being able to do the half.  Just have not been motivated to run at all,  fortunately I have been consistently working out.

Karen, glad DH wasn’t hurt in the car incident.  That was scary!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – Good luck with the 5! Not that you will need it Wink

Sandy – I saw your 50 degree weather yesterday and told HCF that you might have been outside sunbathing. 😉 I didn’t realize it was National Beer Day yesterday! My brother would have loved to have known that 😊 I do NOT miss Mammel. One of my friends got my job..I feel bad for her. I am surprised she even wanted it. I do not regret my decision to leave AT ALL!!! MORE snow? Sorry ☹ ☹ Oh, we got those invitations. Sigh. I kept thinking about what you said 😊

Kathryn – My drive is about 2 hours tomorrow. That is the max I will go for a one day trip. Any longer than that, I am staying the night! Getting up early takes some getting used to, but once you are used to it you love it. I feel like I get so much more done when I am up early. Good luck with work! And the miles today! I think we are getting the TX storms you and Karen were talking about…we are in for some severe weather this afternoon!

Susan – WOOHOOO for being moved in! I would have rested all weekend after moving things 😊

Cathy – Very active weekend for you! Nice miles and cross training with your DD’s 😊 I bet you enjoyed the warmer weather! I am not a fan of Red Lobster…nope. Aw, water park hotel will be fun! I am usually asleep by 9:30, too. HCF mentioned there was a marathon in Milwaukee to me this weekend and I said “OH, that must be short marathon!”. Glad the distance was finally correct! 😊 I bet they get more of a turn out next year due to that, hehe 😊 7:19 pace for Mr.Math?! WOW. You’re right – he is inhuman..like Karen!! 😉

Laura – Good luck with the miles after work!

Ginny – I can’t wait to meet you soon! Could you run/walk the half if need be?

Didn't really do much today, ha. Still don't have access to the work order system which is basically my job. Oh well. Traveling tomorrow and possibly Wednesday and Thursday!

Heading to abs here soon. Have a good afternoon/evening!

ginnyb

Liz....I am pretty sure I can finish, with a lot of walking.  Hope so.  Otherwise I will just drop out, it's okay, it's my own fault.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15