Womens Running

Rainy Wednesdailies (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

Lizzie, well, it's reasonable that there's huge process before anyone is given access to the servers. Uhm, beer drinking process... I'm very used to non-alco beers now (picked out the best ones, of course, after a throrough research and testing Big grin).

Sandy, ha, so granny time applies to confcalls as well? Root beer flavoured Bottlcaps? Uuuuuuuhm. I actually tried those in US and... NO. JUST NO. GODAWFUL.

Damaris, I'm extremely used to running in the dark, knowing all the routes and almost every pothole + wearing this type of thing, but it's totally understandable if someone is scared of that, absolutely not deserving to be called a coward.

HH-kathy, 2-3wks of Halloween events? That sounds... too much. Awful about the dairy farm. I totally know how you feel. We have a large meat factory nearby (approx a mile) and sometimes the smell is unbearable. Funny how we only notice when someone points it out, having got used to it ourselves. One of my winter running routes goes past the factory and it's only bearable because of habit and winter air generally ''neutralising'' the smell.

...just when I thought the work stuff has calmed down... Nah... Email from store manager about bunch of competitor action (reconstructions/new stores) happening in November. It's a small city so the impact of every such action will be noticeable. Excel, here I come!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 miles for me. 4 of the 8 were tempo.

Great run. I did the tempo based on how I felt not by watch time. When I looked down a couple times I was low to mid 9's. Not too shabby. It felt goooooooooood to get some speed in. I felt "alive" again! My hamstring has been holding up pretty well but it is achy after that run. Could be the speed run and a killer body pump class last night.

HCBF is a snorer - and when he does it I shove him. Sometimes he wakes up but most of the time he doesn't but he does stop long enough for me to fall back asleep. So last night RUGER was snoring so loud! He must have just been exhausted from daycare - I had to push him a couple times so he would be quiet. LOL. He would just look at me and make this big sigh. LOL.. 

Hoping today flies by. Though I say that everyday. I am just tired! And Ruger wouldn't poop this morning! The last time I tried to get him to go he wasn't having it..and he thought I was taking him to daycare so he was so excited. Sad Not until tomorrow buddy!

Sandy – Do we have the same feet?! Haha. I thought I was weird! Well, maybe we both are. Wink I think mine is a "corn". You know the calluses have that peely skin…this is hard (that’s what she said). I actually googled it and they have some removers out there I am going to try. Ew, I have corn between my toes?! I looked at the coupon for ON and it is card members I guess. Do you have a card? If not I could always get the ones you want and mail them to you! I might just chance them too. I have a feeling I am not going to feel like going to the store…Thanks for the words on my motivation! Its slacking though..its a REAL PUSH to get out the door these days. I just need some time off I think. Hey, I have emotional maturity of a 12 year old, too! Maybe that is why we work well in a workplace full of men? LOL. Hope you got some much needed sleep last night!

Karen – LOL at Rileys “Halloween costume”. Hehe. He is so cute! I noticed that we had trick or treaters running around at 6! It was still daylight out – how do you know which homes have candy and which don’t when it’s light out!? Count me in the doesn’t do well staying up late club!

Diane – I agree with Sandy. Have you chatted about it? If it were me, it would fester and then I would blow up later about something not as important.

Docket – YES! HCBF does the same thing! Except he is lovey dovey about a cut too. Haha. But he always tries to be lovey dovey at the wrong times..like, when I want to sleep..or when im cooking he is all up in my business rubbing my butt. LOL. Hope you have a better day today!

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday. Hasn’t this weather been perfect? I have never had a bottle cap before!

Tessa – What a great idea for the bubbly!! You are catering to everyone! I heard one of my co-workers say yesterday they were going to be passing out doggy bones to all the dogs Smile Nice run yesterday! Glad you had some good weather!

HuronHeart – EW..smart move on the run indoors. LOL. HCBF is stubborn and won’t look for another job. I think it gets to him sometimes..but he is waiting it out until they move him back here. Whatever. LOL at the driving advice. Men are expert drivers, right?

Kilmisters – I am with you on the night running. I am used to it too..but can understand how someone can be a bit hesitant. It takes some getting used to and I still sometimes am a little weary about it. Good luck on that Excel stuff..I would be lost!

Have a great Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Hey! Good 6 mile run w Crazy Jeffrey this morning.

Tomorrow fiance' is getting a pacemaker.  Would appreciate prayers and healing thoughts.  Scary.

We had about 20 trick or treaters.

Better get busy.  Ugh.

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Missed yesterday - 3.1 after work.  Had to be careful with all of the parents driving around with their trick or treaters, I though I picked a quiet route but I didn't think about the people driving into town or the 'trunk or treat' festivities at the churches and assisted living places near my work.  Oh well, it was still light out so it was fine, I just had to be careful that people were paying attention!

2.5 on the TM this morning.

DS soccer banquet tonight - was going to bring brownies but I asked my DD to bake them since I was working.  Let's just say they are kind of crisp and she used a stained metal pan  (I had left a glass pan out on the counter but failed to specify to use that one).  Sigh - so I will be running to the store to buy cookies or something.

Elina - I hope the day quiets down for you!

Lizzie - nice run!  I always get a laugh out of your Ruger stories!!

Sue - good thoughts to fiance'!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, I too do the fester and blow up mainly cause I hate confrontations.  And yes I've talked about it over and over again.  At this point I'm getting to where I just don't care.  I'll find other things to do and if he wants to interact well this time he can make the move.  I spent last night after working out researching tech writer jobs.  I've done that before and enjoy writing so that may be an avenue.  I just need to find something to do after work/weekends and just kill time before bed and then off to work.

Oh and if you think personal stress won't affect your RHR...it certainly does...mine was 85 this morning...well over the mid 60's it normally is. I did do some "speed" walking during my workout but that's still way too high.  I'm thinking of skipping the gym today but it might be good just to have an easy day.

Elina I see for crap in the dark so even with my headlamp I take it real slow when I'm out after dark, and of course you know your routes.

Damaris, who called you a coward?  There's no reason to feel that the TM is not a suitable alternative to being outside if conditions are unfavorable.  Construction debris changes daily sometimes and I personally don't care to risk my self just to "be outside".

R4k, ick I don't like root beer so candy flavored, I'm with Elina, no way.  Nice miles lately.  Glad you are enjoying the weather.

Sue, healing thoughts for fiancé, my dad got one a few years ago.  He's had several bypasses, stents, you name it but at 82 he's still chugging along.

Laura, most of the people around here drive into one of the bigger towns as there's nothing where I live. Oops on the brownies..lol.

When I fell at PH and scraped my hand bad I also got a deep cut/abrasion on my ring finger knuckle.  Well it swelled up a bit and was hurting so I took my ring off and now I can't find it.  Maybe that's a sign?  I need to get moving on this presentation.  It's actually been fun working on it.

Seloc

HH – ewwwwwwww on the manure smell!  Good plan to move the run indoors.  How far out in the country are you?

Elina – LOL on the root beer flavored bottle caps haha.  I certainly do not seek them out but it’s a nice memory from my youth.  Good luck with your new project you Excel Queen you!!

Lizzie – holy crap on another killer run for you!  OMG cracking up at Ruger buddy snoring!  Leo the kit kat does that sometimes, too.  Ouch on the corn!  Oh shoot – I forgot to pick at my callous last night haha.  Did any kids try to get candy from you last night?  None at my house and I was in bed by 8!  Ahhhhhhhh  LOL – I was thinking you might not know what a bottlecap was you youngster you hee hee

Sue – nice 6 this morning!  Any Crazy Jeffrey stories?  Best wishes to DF tomorrow!

Laura – nice running as always.  Bummer on the not so aesthetically pleasing brownies.  Any way to salvage by putting them on a plate?  Bet the kids won’t care!

Diane – sounds like you have many talents with a lot of different careers over the years.  No doubt you will find something part-time!

Well, another rest day for me.  I thought about getting up but sleep won.  And now I feel AMAZING!  Guess I’ll call it extra post-marathon rest?  Not too bummed out – will get back on track tomorrow.  My brain hurt last night from all the thinking yesterday LOL.  Hopefully today is a bit more tame.  Looking forward to relaxing tonight and watching This Is Us!

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL Sandy, when you are ex military and/or married to a service member you move, a lot, and get to find jobs where ever and how ever you can.  So yes, many different skills over the years.

Around here they spread chicken manure on the fields and OMG what a stink.  Smells just like dog poo but 100x stronger.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Anonymous Guest, at the beginning of retirement we are really busy because we are trying to do all the stuff we never had time to do when working. After quite a while, that starts to pall.  Then we become saner about what we plan and prioritize activities more.  Sometimes we have to have a vacation from retirement. 

Tuesday I did 50 minutes outside in the park. It was cold like Monday, but not quite so windy. Wind chill was bearable. Temp was about 38°F. Geese are around in small gaggles, but no deer since I’ve been in the park.

Today I plan a morning run but that might turn into afternoon or USDO. DC and I plan to go to volunteer at the library. Crock pot of beef vegetable soup cooking.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I am running 6 or so miles in a bit, just procrastinating first. It poured rain last night from about 4-9 pm, so we got a total of 2 kids trick or treating. Now I have a giant bowl of candy and I'm tapering. Finally got my weight down in "race weight" territory (top end of my totally arbitrary 5 pound range, but there), and now I'm running half what I have been and.... giant bowl of candy. Sigh. C'mon willpower!

Tessa, hope you got some people by with that spread! Game was at 7:20 for us, memes all over that that was the end time for trick or treat. Several neighbors posted that they were just leaving a bowl on the front porch after that. Game 7 tonight - were you able to WFH again today?

HH, eww, don't blame you for hitting the TM yesterday!

Elina, calmed down? Nah, you know better than that. You are in your element when things are just one tiny step below crazy!

Liz, laughing over here about Ruger's snoring. Um, yeah, he must have really played himself out! He will sleep well today while you're at work, I'm sure. And nice tempo run. I try to convince my runners to do their tempo runs by feel and not by specific pace (especially in the summer) but I don't think they listen to me.

Susan, absolutely keeping fiance in my prayers. My dad got a pacemaker a few years ago and the parents made it sound like a simple procedure. They may have been downplaying it because they're my parents, but I do think the docs have gotten pretty good at getting it done.

Laura, oops on the brownies! Oh well. Nice job getting the run in with all the trick or treaters. Theoretically, the drivers should have been extra careful with all the kids out, but I wouldn't bet on it...

Diane, the technical writing thing is a good idea. I've done a bit of it and I enjoyed it. Actually I guess I was doing more technical editing - not much writing since I quit being an engineer many years ago.

Sandy, after two marathons in short order, and weird hours and long conference calls, you absolutely should be prioritizing sleep over running. Maybe set a sleep PR or two. I am behind on This Is Us, but we did watch the first four episodes of the second season of Stranger Things last night.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy November!  Only about 6 kids came to trick or treat last night.  One of the parents asked if he could have one of our full-size candy bars.    Older DD does not go anymore, she is very picky about candy and realized it was easier just to have us buy the candy she likes instead of going door to door and getting a bunch of stuff that she doesn't like.     When she was young she used to go to the door and ask if they had M&M's.  If they didn't she would just turn and walk away.  Younger DD was a zombie, she got a flannel shirt from Goodwill and cut it up, I guess zombies wear flannel.    She does her own make-up, she is very good at it!

Elina, enjoy the Excel'ing.    I don't think DD will have any problem slowing it down for the next few races.  We'll see if her competitive side shows.    I will definitely need to get her some warmer running clothes.  She was comfortable in the outfit that she ran in this past weekend but it will get much colder!  

Lizzie, nice tempo miles!  Funny that Ruger was snoring.  DH is also a snorer.  It gets worse as they get older!  I have some kind of corn or callus on the outside of my left foot.  It hurts sometimes.  Maybe I will ask the doc about that too!     Haha that you had to look up parka.  I have several of them.  It was probably a little excessive for yesterday, but I hate being cold!  We had some snow flurries on Monday but nothing stuck.

Sue, sending good thoughts to your fiance!  I hope all goes well with the procedure and recovery.

Laura, nice miles as usual!  Oops on the brownies.  Oh well, she tried.  

Diane, I hope you find the ring.  Sorry about all the stress!

Sandy, sounds like you needed the rest!  I think you deserve some rest.    Sounds like a rough day yesterday!  Haha, neither DH or I took pictures last night.  He went with DD trick or treating along with our neighbors.  The men like it because they can walk around drinking alcohol spiked drinks.    I was glad not to go, it was cold!  Stale Dots are DH's favorite.

Karen, haha, nice that Riley was dressed as himself.    It certainly sounds like you are keeping busy!  I am sure there will be tons of Halloween candy at the office the next few days.  And I am not running at all!  Besides DD having her huge stash at home.  We even had neighbors that texted us and told us to send her over when trick or treating hours ended so they could give her all the rest of their candy!

Damaris, we are still waiting to get our site in PR back up since the hurricane.  They lost almost 80% of their inventory and have been limping along.  We were going to try to get them back up and running this week but they still don't have a stable network.

Tessa, I'm glad the weather finally cooled down for you!

HH-Kathy, yuck on the manure.

Kat, sorry that the mojo is not there.  You pushed yourself on those last few races, maybe you just need a little down time.

Hello to everyone else!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am exhausted and in court again.  4 and weights is what I have tonight.  We were supposed to go to a concert but I am super exhausted and made the decision of not going, lol.

Don't get me wrong.  I am used to running in the dark and have done so for 14 years (the time we've lived here).  But additional traffic and construction is what has me worried. It's like I lost all bad assness when I was running outside, ha.

OK, court called my case.  BBL for shoutouts.

Damaris

Seloc

Oh, yeah -I forgot to mention that I pulled out my parka today, too!  27* at the bus stop – brrrrrr.  But, at least no wind.  Supposed to snow again today.  Yuck.  At least only less than 1/2 in and shouldn’t stick around.

Judy – OMG your soup sounds DIVINE!!  Perfect for a cold day.

Karen – “Step away from the candy” <said in best Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonation” haha.  To comment from the other day – I’m a firm believer in the more time you have the more time you can take to get things done!  And I’m envious haha.  No need for you to get up early to run and then rush around like a mad woman.  You get to relax, surf the Interwebs and enjoy your coffee!!  LOL on the sleep PR – I may just very well do that!  Funny about Stranger Things – I tried watching and got a little creeped out the very first episode haha

Cathy – November it is!  Can’t believe it, really.  I love your DD stories – they crack me up!  The older one has great taste in candy though I would add the peanuts haha.  It WAS cold out there.  I would have definitely opted for staying home and handing out candy as well.  OMG I love stale Dots!  And stale Circus Peanuts DOH

Damaris – good luck in court today – hope your day goes fast!

So, I downloaded HBO NOW over the weekend for 1 mo free trial to watch Big Little Lies.  I do NOT like the app (I stream to Chromecast) – it doesn’t store “currently watching” so you always have to go back and search and then forget (or, at least I do!) what episode you were on.  I will not be continuing after month is over but thought maybe I should take advantage of it while I have it – any favorite shows?

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy if I don't find it it's not like it was expensive or anything.  It is titanium with a little band of gold, no stones, really plain.  DH doesn't do diamonds and since I was riding horses back then I didn't want anything that would catch on things.

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, keeping your fiancé in my prayers. I think pacemaker surgery is fairly routine now but still, what is routine to the doctors is not routine to the patient and his family. Summer wedding? You go!

Cathy, laughing about your older DD requesting specific candy. We don't get that many ToTers so we proffer the bowl and let the kids pick out the candy they like -- better than doling it out at random.

Kathy, phew on the manure all over the fields. At least it's cold enough now that there shouldn't be that many flies! My grandfather was a dairy farmer so I am very familiar with that smell.

Could be worse. Elina's abbatoir would be bad, chicken manure is awful, and then there's an area in the south San Joaquin Valley that usually smells horrendous, between I-5 and State 99 -- people used to blame it on the cattle feedlots then it came out that the area is where Los Angeles County sends its sewage sludge to be spread on the fields. Very well fertilized land there, but pee-yew.

Liz, you know for certain that Ruger likes doggie daycare! Great that he is eager to go. Dogs are such social animals that I'm sure he's having a lovely time.

Corn -- I have a couple and they are a nuisance. On the feet it could also be a verruca -- a kind of wart -- there are a lot of remedies to try, Though strapping a dead toad to your foot is probably a bit extreme and would make your shoes fit badly.

And snoring...I do not miss that at all. DH snored.

Elina, yes, definitely reflective gear, and I agree, if someone is scared of running in the dark then she should not do it. RN was afraid to go out alone for many years, once she and I started running together and she saw how much I run alone she sometimes now goes out by herself.

Laura, would the brownies be salvageable if you chiseled them out of the pan and layered the bits with instant pudding and squirty cream, or are they burned beyond all hope? You might want to show DD how to line the pan with aluminum foil. Cook's Illustrated recommends a double layer lining the pan with a sling of foil going crossways under that, so you can lift bars out of the pan rather than scraping them out.

Diane, sorry about the cut on your hand and the misplaced ring. Tech writing is something you could do at home -- if you have done it before do you still have any contacts?

Sandy, sometimes you need the rest. And sorry I am the wrong person to ask about HBO, I don't watch TV at all.

Judy, 4 shirts? I've mentioned the snowsuit kid in "A Christmas Story" before...

Karen, find a place that is accepting candy donations and take it all there today. Some dental practices do. Or someone may be running a candy drive for the troops. Our church used to collect it for the lunch bags for the county AIDS clinic. Or could you send it to work with DH?

Damaris, hope it is not a concert you will regret not seeing. Good luck with the run and weights.

We didn't get any trick or treaters until 7 PM or so, traffic was (as predicted) terrible, but once they started we did get quite a few. We went through about a bag and a half of candy, 1.5L of Cabernet, two full 1.5 liter bottles of bubbly and opened the third though did not finish it. (Even DD and I can't manage that, especially on a work night.) People were very happy that we were serving adult beverages along with the candy! Lights down the driveway and signs at the bottom help, too.

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa, yes I do have some contacts.  SBA.oov has a lot of free training videos and some of the research I did last night is pointing me in the right direction.  Once I solidify my plan I'll reach out to them and see where the market stands.  I'm going by the library on Sat and see what they have.  Not a big town one so it may be slim.

What a great idea with the adult beverages.

The scrape on my hand is mostly healed but I'm thinking there may be some scars. I pretty much peeled back the skin on the base of my hand.

Oh and I changed my 25k on Dec 9th to the 50k.  It's a rail/trail so relatively flat, crushed gravel 25k out and back so just one more out and back.  Should be relatively easy.  Hoping it gives me an idea on how the KS rail trail might be.