Womens Running

When will it END WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

GO AWAY SUMMER. GO. AWAY.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.2 miles for me.

This was supposed to be a speed work run with 1 mile intervals. It was 74 dewpoint outside this morning..so that was a HELL NO. I just did the mileage requirement for the day. That was tough enough.

Spoke to my parents last night. I believe we are all on the same page now. My mom invited herself to a tasting we have this afternoon - but whatever. If they want to be involved with the catering, that is fine. I am sure we will have some more bumps in the road...but we will take it in stride.

Why haven't I won the lottery yet?!

Run4kupcakes - I love avocado on burgers!!!! YUM. Nice run yesterday!

Happy Wednesday!

LC Runs

4 miles for me, humid but a little rainy so not bad.

Lizzie - nice run, despite the weather!!  I love avocado and burgers, too!

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - I hear ya, heat and humidity is starting back here as well Sad.   Glad things are going better with the parents...I hope it continues.  It can be a stressful time.

Laura - I’m heading out for 4 too Smile.

Ran 10 on Monday, longest run since Pittsburgh Smile.  It was warm, and started too late.  Rest day yesterday....I finished my LAST day of work and literally ran out LOL...thought I might struggle a bit but... o second thoughts!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 7 with 2 @ 10K tonight.  BP gets super high after 5-7 hours on the meds, so hubby is adding a second med.  Sigh, this one has felt OK so far, hoping the next one is the same.  He wanted to give me the ones I had before, you know, the ones that gave me lethargy AND swollen feet?  I think my BP went to 200/10000 when I yelled his head off last night about it.

It's August, that's awesome.  Welcome to Miami's fucking hottest month of the year.  104-110? 77 dewpoint?  That's nothing!  Yay me.

Liz, nice run.

Laura, nice 4.

Carol, nice 10.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

I'm so sorry Damaris that you are struggling with the BP meds.  Genetics are a bitch...I got my dad's high cholesterol that nothing touches...I can't take statins as I get daily migraines and I'd rather die.  The exercise helps but with my Graves Disease and my dad I'm pretty screwed.

Another 3 on the hotel TM.  I might make 5 am walks a thing after I get back.  I can do 3 in the morning and then 5 in the afternoon and get my miles in with doubles.  I just have to be careful and not cause any injuries.

Seloc

Diane – nice job getting the work out done while out of town.  Oh man I’ve been in those teeny tiny workout rooms in hotels.  Not the greatest.  What did you mean about you are pretty tired of the “I’m tired” comments?

Ginny – hooray for extra energy!  Must be the nifty new shoes giving you a boost.  Killer on pushing the 100lb sled!

Karen – LOL I laughed at the pic.  I AM guac gosh darn it hee hee.  Oh boy that sounds like quite an adventurous run with Riley yesterday.  I stopped at Target yesterday and the power was out.  Was surprised they could still function – well, minus the fridge/freezer section which they had roped off so nobody would open.  Plenty of lights to see and the checkouts worked as normal.  I was kinda impressed.

Cathy – you are SO right 60* and humid is SO different than 60* in the fall.  The surprise party after  your trail race sounds fun!  How far away is it?  I’d be tempted to go home to rinse off and come back.  That’s awesome your State Fair starts tomorrow!  Is it in Madison?  My nephew is actually headed there this weekend to watch the CrossFit games.  Haha we are all about things on a stick here, too.  And in the last few years there’s lots of new beer.  They just came out with 27 new beverages that will be there.  I am intrigued by the “Cake’d Up Celebration Beer” which I will try cuz you know, Lizzie and her cake haha

Kat – oh man your schedule sounds AWESOME!!  Glad you are getting paid more but I would imagine it’s a little trickier to manage all the benefits and taxes yourself.  Nice job on the 5mi yesterday!

Lizzie – all the avocado talk inspired me to buy one at Target haha.  I had half on my salad last night and will finish the other half tonight!  LOLOLOL TRUE – glad I didn’t breakdown / lose my gas tank with no Davis Tire around LMAO.  We are cooler today and tomorrow and then I saw that the entire country is getting the heat.  Blerg.  Nice miles in the sticky soup this morning!!  Awwww so happy you have repaired things with your parents.  A tasting tonight?  YUMMMMMMMMM

HCK – dang, nice miles – especially for a Tuesday!  Oh man, I could eat a burger with guac RIGHT NOW.

Laura and Carol – nice 4 miles!

Carol – congrats on first double digits since marathon and CONGRATS on retirement!!  OMG that just must be so very awesome.

Damaris – oh Damaris, I’m laughing at your post but I feel bad for you!  Hope you can get that BP under control with some meds that don’t give you horrible side-effects.  Ugh on your weather, too.

5.5 mi total for me this morning.  Included 4 x 400s at the track along with KB swings, squats and pushups.  Oh man were those 400s HARD.  I am clearly VERY out of shape.  Nothing much going on here.  Just livin for the weekend!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy the I'm too tired for sex.  Our state fair is big on things on a stick and deep fried.

It's been in the 60's here in KC in the am and only low 80's in the afternoon but appears that will change on Friday when it's back to 90's.  My brother in FL is getting swamped with rain...too bad he can't send it west.

Anonymous Guest

10 beautiful miles this morning. One in the middle with Riley. I can't take him at the start because I need to warm up - he's too fast for me, and I don't want to wait until the end because it starts getting really hot, so somewhere in the middle of the run it is. He did better today. Lucy was not out in her backyard, which helped. Long run tomorrow. 16 minimum.

I.....forgot all the things I was going to comment on yesterday. And I'm too lazy to go back and read.

Congratulations Carol on your retirement!!!!! So excited and happy for you.

Liz, don't blame you on the no speedwork. I don't know if I'll do any speedwork at all this training cycle. Glad you talked things out with your parents.

Nice 4, Laura.

Damaris, I'm sorry you're struggling with high BP and trying to get the meds right. I hope you get the right combo that keeps it down and doesn't mess with your endurance figured out soon. August and September are truly awful months (August is the worst weather, but September is almost crueler because other parts of the country are starting to get nice fall temps and we're just not). I am now doing the southern version of "at least it's not November" and thinking at least it's not May. Then again, we sorta get nice temps November through March and Miami never seems to get a break.

Diane, nice job ms. consistency! One of my teammates in the mileage game is in KC and she is promising lots of miles this week because the weather is so unusually nice and cool there this week.

Sandy, nice workout. 400s ARE hard. That's why I"m not doing them this summer.

Not much going on here today. I have six library books on my kindle right now and with the humidity down a bit I may spend some time in my hammock reading. We have a pool party to go to on Saturday afternoon so I need to save up my extroverting for that.

Oh, yesterday I bought plane tickets for a quick trip to Tupelo, MS on Labor Day weekend to run a marathon. Since the MS Gulf Coast Marathon was short I still need the state, and this will be a good long training run as well. Very quick trip - fly into Memphis Saturday afternoon, grab rental car and drive an hour and half to Tupelo, run the marathon Sunday morning. It starts at 5 am, so should be done at a reasonable time and be able to get back to the hotel and shower before checking out and driving back to Memphis for a 2 pm flight back. Flight was a little more than I'd have liked to pay, but the rental car is only $33 and I booked the hotel right at the start/finish using points, so should be a pretty cheap trip.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Karen - 10 today and 16 tomorrow??  Holy cats, you GO girl!!  I was thinking of you this morning when I saw the weather.  It's going to be almost chilly here (I may even wear long sleeves for a super easy recovery run *gasp*) so was thinking that it might be bearable enough in TX!  At least Friday morning (when I am planning 16 - yep, I likes to copy me frens) should still be okay before it heats up.  Congrats on the marathon sign up!  But, won't Miss "I like to get to the airport super early" be getting anxious on the drive back?  hee hee.  You will be FINE - just giving you a hard time   Enjoy the afternoon of reading!!

Diane - doh!

Cathy - so I checked with the Google and see the State Fair is in MKE!  That's awesome!  My quick little perusal of the web site also seems like it is super similar to ours.

Just waiting for my nooner (ummm, that would be conference call, Lizzie, so get your mind outa the gutter ) then it's calls the rest of the day.

ginnyb

Rest day for me!  I can't believe that it is August already.

Liz...glad things seem somewhat better with your parents.  Nice run this morning, smart not to do speed work. I have never done speed work ....

Carol...I haven't run double digits for almost a year now, hopefully I will this month.

Damaris...sorry about the BP not being under control and I wish we could trade places for awhile, so you could enjoy our weather.

I will be back, lunchtime!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Kilmisters

I can't believe it's August either. Floorball season starts next month, omg! I might skip the first two games in favor of finishing the running "season", tho. I have been training whole summer for this HM, so if someone in the team has any problem w it, well, screw them. All this work will be beneficial on the field anyway.

Lizzie, glad to hear situation w parents has improved. They probably realized they crossed the line. Sorry, but I am laughing about "invited herself'', that's such a typical thing. Good decision to skip the speedwork! I have tempo scheduled tomorrow and will probably head out at 8:30pm or so.

Sandy, you're in better shape than 99.99999% of US population, I bet, so stop that talk! Hopefully the confcall goes well. This reminds me of one I had few days ago, w Lithuanian colleagues. Finalllyyy had a chance to us English at work, I MISSED IT SO BADLY. It's one thing to write stuff here or on FB, but actually discussing the work matters, it was like the floodgates opened Big grin Not sure why but I like spoken eng a lot and try to use it whenever possible Big grin Sounds weird, I know.

Karen, my dad once ran 30k w the dog; it involved breaks at lake/ponds for refreshment and stop at a local store get her some pancakes as ''fuel''. The poor thing (not talking about dad here) slept for next 2 or 3 days straight. Wow, 5am start? You will never. Ever. See this in Europe. Anywhere. Seriously. Ever.

Rest day yesterday, 8k today. It's still hot and humid, nothing new. The work stuff... Don't even want to mention it. I hardly have a feeling boss appreciates the amount of effort I am putting in. Or realizes how much time and mental capacity certain things require. Oh well. Vacation in 3wks.

The next race of trail series is in 2.5wks and they posted the distances today... The distance I planned to pick and is usually 18-22km, labeled ''roebuck'' distance... This stage it's 24k!! Which would be my longest run, uhm, ever. And on a trail! Omg! I know you guys won't let me talk myself out of this, but maaaan....Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Heading out of here in about 45 minutes to go EEEAATTTTTT. Should be fun! I hope its good Smile We are tasting 2 different caterers. One today and one next week.

I really could go for a NAP. Just got tired all of the sudden!

Laura – I was begging for rain this morning! Nice miles!

Carol – CONGRATULATIONS ON RETIREMENT!! That is so exciting! I saw your cake on FB last night  SmileLove that picture.

Docket – Awe, Damaris, I am sorry about the BP issues. Wish we could help Sad That and August in Miami?! UGH.

Diane – I like your idea of the doubles! Nice job on the hotel TM! I am sure you are about ready to go home!

Sandy – Oh boy, nice run this morning! Uhm, I think 400’s are hard too so maybe I am out of shape as well. LOL. But you were also doing other things in between! That makes it harder! Give yourself a break  Smile Tough workout! MMMMM caked up celebration beer?! It probably tastes more like beer than cake Wink I am over here laughing again about Davis Tire. LOL. YES a tasting! These are the best things about wedding planning, right? Haha. I picked out some interesting things..like mini beef wellingtons, chicken cordon blu “pinwheels”…yummy stuff! Excuse me? Long sleeves?! WHAT IS THAT!? Ugh. That’s it. Move over because I am moving in!  Smile Yay for 16! You’ll be running longer than me this week  Smile I want a nooner!!! LOL.

Karen – Nice run today. Glad Riley behaved himself! Wow, awesome on the marathon in MS!! That is a very quick trip. I would actually enjoy a 5am start!!! Sooner you start, sooner its done haha. You might be a little exhausted on Sunday night Smile Good luck on the 16 tomorrow!

Ginny – Enjoy your rest day!! I can’t believe it is August already, either! It will be holidays before we know it!

Kilmisters – Totally understand if you skip the first two games. You have been working hard for this race! Nice run today! I am sorry about your work OVERLOAD. Geez. You are in desperate need of a vacation! Oh, girl, you could SOOOOO do a 24km!!!! Yes yes yes!!! No way, we are not talking you out of this one!!! That’s exciting! That is crazy that your dad did 30K with his dog!! Wow!

Have a good afternoon everyone!

Seloc

Excuse me, Ms Lizziegirl - BITE YOUR TONGUE about the holidays coming.  NOOOOOOOOOO cuz then it'll be COLLLLLLLLLD.  I'll move over for you movin in ANY day wink wink.  KIDDING!  I think I need a nooner.  Like a real nooner.  Sigh.  But, your bed is still inflated in the other room so come on ova!  Yeah 400s are tough but I'm just comparing my current self to my younger self which is depressing.  That big birthday number looming in less than 7mo is bringin me dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.  Oh man, baby beef Wellingtons sound super good!  Eat some for meeeeeeeeee

Elina - yeah, I suppose, for an an old white lady I probs aint doin too bad but look at most Americans - we are OVERWEIGHT and OUTTA SHAPE.  Just wishin I was younger and fitter and faster.  But ya know "wish in one hand, shit in the other..."  blah blah.  You are hilarious getting all giddy about speaking English.  You would be fun to chat with!  Over beer, of course.    Awww poor puppy that ran the 30K!  And laughing about your horror over the 5am start.  I would WELCOME it!!  24K trail run sounds KILLER but no doubt you will crush!!

Kinda frustrating high anxiety day so I keep popping back in here for some laughter so thanks for that!!  Need to write up a short report and then think about sneaking out of here.  Later, kids!

Anonymous Guest

I finally sat down this afternoon and mapped out my long run plan from now until BB100. I feel a little better about things having done that, although I'm not sure I'll be able to get a 50 miler in as a race, and I doubt I will be able to do it by myself so it may be two days, 30 and 20. I have a lot of running to do in the next few months!

Sandy, I laughed. And then I looked at the flights again - flight out isn't until 2:55 pm, whew. I went back and forth between that one and one that was at 5:30 or so and decided to throw caution to the wind. Of course you know I'll be worrying about it the entire time.

Ginny, enjoy the rest day.

Elina, of course you can do that race! You've been training your little butt off.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel