Womens Running

Happy Dance Fridailies!! (Read 12 times)

Woohooo!!  3.5 this morning, but walked the last mile w DH and the pups. I do feel better today. Thank goodness.

Now just gotta hang through the work day.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad you are feeling better!

I have 3-5 miles later. First day my head wakes up feeling normal but hubby stayed home sick so we will see what he has when Mr. Man flu wakes up.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

6 easy miles for me this morning, then out running a bunch of chores. Now home eating lunch and trying to decide what to do with the rest of my day. Last night was an awesome night of sleep so I feel like I could pretty much accomplish anything.

Susan, glad you're feeling better. Sorry if I gave you passport angst.

Damaris, glad the run went well.

I've been debating between the 5k, 10k or nothing at a race a couple miles from my house for quite awhile (race is tomorrow). The weather looks pretty awful - low 70s, humid and 20+ mph winds, and yes, that is at the start, mid 80s and 25-30 mph with higher gusts later in the day. So for some reason I can't even explain, I signed up for the 10k. It will not be a fast 10k, that's for sure.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 easy miles for me this morning, then out running a bunch of chores. Now home eating lunch and trying to decide what to do with the rest of my day. Last night was an awesome night of sleep so I feel like I could pretty much accomplish anything.

Susan, glad you're feeling better. Sorry if I gave you passport angst.

Damaris, glad the run went well.

I've been debating between the 5k, 10k or nothing at a race a couple miles from my house for quite awhile (race is tomorrow). The weather looks pretty awful - low 70s, humid and 20+ mph winds, and yes, that is at the start, mid 80s and 25-30 mph with higher gusts later in the day. So for some reason I can't even explain, I signed up for the 10k. It will not be a fast 10k, that's for sure.

Maybe because I signed up for a 10K tomorrow and the weather is similar? Twinsies. I am not sure I'll get up for it, lol.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I took this afternoon off of work because frankly I don't want to work Friday afternoon shifts any longer. Work is so morally deflating anymore that I need to do it for my mental health.

I've a 15k race Sunday. I'm nervous.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lots of racing this weekend!  CrazySue (5k, Sat), Karen (10k, Sat), Damaris (10k, Sat), Lori (15k, Sun), Kilmister's dad (100th marathon, Sunday).

I'm meeting up with Miwok RB and going for a training run on the race course tomorrow.  I've been on most of it at various times, but there are some road crossings and intersections that I wouldn't mind seeing ahead of time.  Going to test out my gaiters and see if that's something I want to use for race day.

Back to work, hoping to log off early-ish and go out for a beer with DH.  A new brew pub opened down at the harbor, in walking distance.  Have been there once and it was good, maybe revisit today.  They have a roof deck and it's a nice day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lots of racing this weekend!  CrazySue (5k, Sat), Karen (10k, Sat), Damaris (10k, Sat), Lori (15k, Sun), Kilmister's dad (100th marathon, Sunday).

Bold of you to assume I'm going to race in 70F. lol.

Damaris

Lots of racing or “racing” this weekend!  CrazySue (5k, Sat), Karen (10k, Sat), Damaris (10k, Sat), Lori (15k, Sun), Kilmister's dad (100th marathon, Sunday).

Fixed it, lol. 

TGIF!  Walked down to the brewpub. Watching baseball instead of availing of the roof deck.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR