Womens Running

Chicka Chicka YEAH its FRIYAY (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Haha, taken from the best movie ever..Superbad. 

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8 for me this morning!

This sucked. LOL. I am trying to acclimate to this crap weather. I am going too fast and don't think I have been hydrating well enough the past couple days. Felt it today. Need to stay on top of the hydration! Took some endurolytes to assist.

So much to do today including my asset manager call. I hate these. He is super nice but man, intimidating. I am sure as I get more comfortable in my job I won't dread these as much! Have to finalize some travel plans and start planning my West Virginia site visit trip. Going to try to get them done in one week. That will be a crazy week!

Tessa – LOL! Laughing at that bean burrito joke haha. Awesome on getting back some endurance! Good news on the new fitness center! Not sure it would be worth it having to wait for equipment. I would feel pressure on the treadmill if someone was waiting for it!

Lisa – YAY for a quiet weekend! Much deserved after last weekend.

Hi Judy!

Margaret – What do you mean? Quesadillas and bananas for dinner sound perfect! You might be putting out some of those 1 mph wind gusts though.

Off to it! Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Finally Friday!  And pay day!  Much needed.  Man, what a week.  But, the sun is shining so it's gonna be a good day.  TRX/Bells plus run there/back.  Carrying muffins haha.  I made these muffins and brought a couple to share.  Have to say - they are pretty good!

Damaris - how was the massage?  Hope you are continuing to rest!

Karen - high five for lots of sleep!  I love to sleep.  And I realllllllly dislike being tired.  So I try to avoid that at all costs.  I've always been early to bed / early to rise.  Raised that way.  And now it's kinda light just after 5am and I LOVE it!!  Yeah, the kit kat will never let me oversleep.  But, he does go back to sleep with me - I've trained him well haha

Cathy - nice meandering yesterday!  Much better than my shuffling haha.  That song was on at the gym this morning so I thought of you!!  That's awesome that DD is playing volleyball!  I can't wait to hear how awesome she is.  Errr, also how painful it is to watch the kids when they first start.  All I can think of is THANK GOODNESS for rally scoring!  I cannot imagine how much worse it was when I first started haha.  Good luck with your training!  I actually had to pass the tests.  For the HR one I got one chance otherwise had to watch the course again. The technical ones you could retake the questions you missed.  Which I had to do for one of them.  Wasn't paying attention so was just guessing at answers haha.  Was pretty pleased I passed the Python test yesterday first try.  

Kat - did you get a vacuum?  16-17 years ago, a friend of my sister's was selling Rainbow vacuums so I sat through her spiel and actually bought one.  Best $1700 I've ever spent!  Yes, SUPER expensive but I have never had to buy another vacuum and doubt I ever will.  Yep, clean freak over here.

Tessa - ooooh free fitness center sounds good.  But, not if it's super busy.  Good idea to try it out before canceling your membership.  Awwww I want little baby kit kats sleeping on MY shoulder.

Lisa - LOL see and I can't RUN 9 hours but sure can sleep that long haha.  Yeah Duluth ended up getting over 10 inches of snow but i heard it's mostly melted already.  Grandma's is June 22nd.

Karen - yeah, that's a bit steamy.  And here it's 50* cooler.  Weird.  We are still cooler than normal.  Blah.

Gatsby - haha you sound like me with the grocery.  Quesadillas and bananas sound like a perfectly fine dinner to me!  I had to stop on my way home yesterday to get a couple ingredients for my muffins.  Treated myself to a chicken teriyaki bowl from the fresh section.  OMG to DIE for!  I must have been starving because I keep thinking how good it was haha

Lizzie - sorry for the steamy run.  Time to start slowing down?  Or hitting the treadmill?  I'm just SUPER excited it is kinda getting light just after 5am.  I LOVE running when the sun is rising.  Good luck with your call today and have a great weekend!  Sounds super social and fun!

I'm hoping I might be able to log off early today to make up for last Sunday's fiasco.  But, my boss is out this afternoon and Sleepy is still gone so it will depend if anything is blowing up or not.  Have a great weekend.  Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm taking an unscheduled day off from work. My bank account may cry but I just don't want to work  today. Heading soon to the store to buy a new bike helmet. I think I will pedal to work starting next week to add in extra exercise. Gotta get stronger for September.

I'm going to try to run tomorrow.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Seloc

Lori - hey, sometimes we all need a mental health day.  Hope it's nice enough you can get out and try out your new helmet today!  Biking to work is awesome.  I used to quite frequently when I worked 6mi away and there was a shower.  I have biked to where I work now (about 12mi one way) but there is no shower so I've only done it a few times in the spring where I don't sweat much and can just sorta freshen up in the bathroom.  Enjoy your day!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

1 mph wind gusts.  Hahaha.      Happy Friyay!  Rest day for me.  I have to make two french silk pies tonight.  Younger DD is having a friend for a sleepover so older DD said that she would help me.    5K tomorrow morning, then DD's soccer game and we head to Illinois for Mother's Day with my mom, the in-laws, and my sister's fiance's mom.  Actual Mother's Day will be more relaxing.  Happy Mother's Day to the moms and I am thinking of those whose mom's are not here.

Liz, nice 8!  Your run actually did not look that sucky.  I guess it looks better than it felt?    You still had your negative splits!  You are going too fast?  You could slow down.    You would have LOVED the weather here this morning.  Sunny, no wind, and in the upper 30's.  Hope the call with your manager goes well!

Sandy, wow, those muffins look so healthy!  I am also excited that it's light out by around 5 AM!    The league sounds like it will be a good fit for DD.  They split the girls into A/B/C levels but the youngest (which DD will be) there are only B/C level.  For them they allow serving in front of the line for the first 2 serves.  And apparently that means anywhere in front of the line!    They have 2 practices a week for 1.5 hours so she should get some good practice time in.  I am about 40% of the way through the 5 hour training course.  Hopefully I will finish it today.  I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!

Lori, enjoy the mental health day!  I had a day like that a few months ago.  Sent something to my manager about my DD not feeling well.    I don't often use the kids as an excuse.    Biking to work sounds like a good idea!

Margaret, I had tacos last night for dinner and DD wanted a quesadilla.    Interesting about the Miner's lettuce!  Nice run!

Lisa, enjoy your quiet weekend!

Tessa, nice that you have the option to use the fitness center.  Haha, stair climbing machine in a building with stairs... sometimes I run by the gym and see people on treadmills and I wonder why they are running on the TM at the gym when the weather outside is perfect for running.    20 minute limit?  That is only a warm-up!  

Karen, man, your weather sucks!    That's why I don't complain too much about our weather.  

Kat, that is a speedy 5K time!  Hope the shopping went well.

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It's my Friday off and I have Pilates.

Liz, I've never seen Superbad.

Sandy, nice workouts.

Lori, enjoy your day off.

Cathy, enjoy the rest day.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

For the Garmin users, they have added essentially a period tracker. I wonder if this will somehow tie into the heart rate tracking? I have some definite patterns with mine where my resting heart rate increases before ovulation and then a few days before my period.  Then it drops the day my period starts.

dhuffman63

Trails

One word Cathy - Allergies.  Well not sure why other people run on the TM but I know in the spring here it's awful outside.  Yesterday my eyes were almost swollen shut and I had to take 2 benedryl.

Lisa I've not done one event where I did it for fun...I was always chasing faster times...as if, lol...but as long as I make cutoff or even not I intend to have fun.  I'm thinking of doing Hawk again sometime just to see how much fun I could have and not push myself.

Have a massage tomorrow and plan on stopping by a massage place to see if I can get an appt.  Then Sun we're going down to see DD and grill some burgers.

Lizzie I think of the book I got Sylvia, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  We always do a little dance at that part in the book.

HCK...wow...that's perfectly useless for me, gotta love menopause.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Period predictor based on HR?  Fitbit also started tracking periods a few months ago.  Is anyone else amazed at the amount of data that these devices collect?  Sleep, heart rate, activity, diet, location.  Now female cycle data.  It makes me wonder if the data collected will become more valuable than the tracker itself, the tracker will become a means of collecting data.  Or am I the only person that wonders about things like that?  

Half Crazy K 2.0

Period predictor based on HR?  Fitbit also started tracking periods a few months ago.  Is anyone else amazed at the amount of data that these devices collect?  Sleep, heart rate, activity, diet, location.  Now female cycle data.  It makes me wonder if the data collected will become more valuable than the tracker itself, the tracker will become a means of collecting data.  Or am I the only person that wonders about things like that?  

Creepy data collection aside,  I think it can be useful if you use the heart rate function to see if you are recovered from activities.  The generic advice is that if your resting morning heart rate is elevated,  something is wrong.  If you're female not on hormonal bc or in menopause,  an elevated am heart rate could just be related to where you are in your cycle.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sometimes I think things are super weird.  You know how you have NEVER heard of something - and then 2 different people say the same thing right together...  Period tracker on a watch.  Yesterday at work, and you ladies today.  

Lizzie, I am with Diane - Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  I don't read children's books, so I don't know where I heard it.  Good luck with the calls.  I HATE, ABHOR, DETEST doing callbacks at work.  The watch - the brand new Garmin 945.  Way more than I need other than the 36hr battery life WITH GPS going.

Sandy, yes, I bought a vacuum.  Bissel Pet one.  It PROMISES to prevent hair from collecting in the spinny thing.  I debated between that and the Dyson.  I contemplated a Meile. (?sp?) Those are upwards of $1000 or more?

Lori, my old boss used to promote a mental health day on occasion.

Cathy, can I come over for the sleepover and pies?  Mmm.  Shopping went too well...

Damaris, woot woot for the day off.  Enjoy it and your long weekend.

HCK, my coworkers watch (not a garmin) likely just has it programmed in and doesn't track by HR.

Diane, Mmmm, grilling burgers.  I need to get my grill up and going.  Perhaps some propane would be a good start.  Smile

Sigh...  Yesterday and shopping went too well.  For the vendors, not my pocketbook.  Got a vaccum.  A cheaper one than I planned on, but promises no hair tangling.  We shall see.  Went to REI to just look at the new watch and it is again sold out throughout the company (and everywhere else.)  So, what did I do, ordered it online - as a backorder.  Then I found a bracelet online I purchased.  Shit and oops.  And now I have decided to get a small espresso maker to take to work and bring to races.  IF it is small enough.  Looks like it online - nice and thin.  I really hate not having my espresso/latte before races.  I don't like regular coffee and tea just doesn't quite cut it.  Actually, by taking it to work it will pay for itself quickly as I hit Sbux every day on the way - $6/day x 4 days a week.

I dd NOT vacuum yesterday.  By the time I got home I had a killer headache and just laid down until I went to work to chat.  NOT how I wanted it to go, but he did support me.  He and I really need to sit down without interruptions and figure out what will happen and what we are going to do.  He and I are realistic and know we will not be hiring another doctor and soon it will just be the two of us.

Slept in until 11am.  Ahhh.  But I didn't sleep well.  Might do a trail half tomorrow.  We shall see on the weather.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Kat, we have a Bissel with the pet hair thing. While pet hair may not clog it, really long human hair does wrap around the brushes/rollers.

Anonymous Guest

I was going to take a rest day today, but apparently the storms and several inches of rain that caused them to cancel all the schools this morning for flooding and power outages (which was pretty much bullshit, roads weren't flooded by morning, but they made the call last night) brought in a bit of a cold front and at 10 am it was still in the upper 60s. So I ran 4 and it felt so much better than yesterday.

Other than that I've been on the computer all morning. Working on stuff for the running group. I've got all my walking coaches set and most of my running coaches. And I've got a guy talking to a local brewery about sponsorship for me. And am working on details for a local juice bar/smoothie place to sponsor as well. If I could just get this coffee place on board, I think we'd be pretty set on beverages!

Tessa, that would be great if the fitness center worked out, but add me to the list of those saying "3 treadmills? Really?" Hopefully it's underused and you can take advantage!

Margaret, well, you are welcome if and whenever you decide to do a TX race, whether it's Rocky or not. Other trail races around here are mostly done by TROT, which is Trail Racing Over Texas. Check them out and see if there are any that look good. Unfortunately we don't have nearly as many options for trails as you have out your way, so any real distance is most likely going to involve loops. Quesadillas and bananas - so you're going with the "yellow" food group like my MIL?

Liz, love that movie. Getting used to hot and humid just sucks all around.

Sandy, picturing you running and carrying muffins and giggling a little. I clicked on the recipe but as soon as I saw the word coconut I closed out.

Lori, good for you. Sometimes you just need a day to destress and focus on you.

Cathy, busy weekend planned for you! Although with your DDs you are probably always busy.

HCK, I just skimmed the part on how your period affected your workouts (and races) in the book Roar since like Diane, not happening here anymore, but it was interesting. It wouldn't hurt to see how your data correlated to different points in your cycle.

Kat, a small espresso maker for work and travel sounds like a great idea for you. I bought a Bissell that said it was good for pet hair when my last one died. So far so good, and my two four-leggers make A LOT of fur.

Landscaper guy coming by today as DH has come up with a grand scheme of.....more landscaping along the edge of new patio. I hope DH is home from work by then so he can talk to him. There are a couple punch list items from the patio to follow up on and he's just better at that stuff than I am.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

We bought a Shark and it's worked very well in a house with 6 dogs and 4 cats.

Kat, I lucked out...the Army taught me to drink any coffee available and normally it wasn't all that good just hot.