Womens Running

Finally Fridailies!!! (Read 11 times)

Actually made it out the door this morning for 3 miles with Scamp. I need to get back out there!

Margaret--my dentist told me to try Sensodyne toothpaste and it was a game changer for me.

Almost finished Christmas shopping--I want to order some books for Dad, and I'm done. He asked me to knit him a hat, and I finished that last month, but I wanted to throw something else in there.

Booked the family summer beach vacay -- Destin here we come!!

Happy Friday !!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 3 after work.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles. Cold, but at least no wind or random frozen stuff.

CrazySue,  nice job getting out there.

Docket,  enjoy your 3.

GatsbyBird, +1 on the sensitive teeth toothpaste.  Is the pain actually on the tooth or is there any gum recession that could be causing it? I've had both. I had a cavity that needed to be refilled, thankfully no root Canal needed. In that case, it was mostly an issue if I ate sticky sweet things. I also am "lucky" in that I have some gum recession for no apparent reason.  Luckily it hasn't gotten any worse.

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! No exercise here. My legs still hurt from kettlebells two days ago. Sigh.

No help on the tooth thing either.

Opinions wanted: my sister and I are giving my mom a mother-daughter trip for Christmas. Our two ideas (okay, my two ideas and her "i'd do either one") are a CO/UT National Parks trip in the summer, or a trip to San Diego probably in the spring. The advantages of the parks trip are National Parks have scenic drives and are good for old people, my mom likes the scenery, we could stay at my place in CO a couple days, I've been to most of the places and know they are awesome, flights to Denver are usually pretty cheap. Disadvantages: more driving, afraid of doing too much/too little with an 81-year-old, but a very active 81=year-old. Advantages of San Diego are the weather, my niece lives there. Disadvantages are finding things to do while there that aren't too exhausting but not getting bored, probably pretty spendy, my fear we end up doing lots of shopping as entertainment which is the opposite of fun for me. I know which one I'd choose if it were me, but this isn't just about me. Which would you do and why?

ETA: I know if we ask my mom she'll just say "either one sounds good to me," but I guess that should really be my first step.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Friday to all!

Re tooth sensitivity, it only happens with one molar when I floss in a certain place, so I’m thinking the gums might have receded there and the root is a little exposed, like HCK said.  X-rays didn’t show any problems like cavity or cracked tooth. I might try changing toothpaste too, good suggestion.  

Karen, there’s a lot to be said for going to a place that you know, ie CO/UT area.  Much easier for you to be a tour guide for your mom in that scenario. You can go for walks if she’s up to it or drive to scenic spots.  I’m honestly not sure what people do in San Diego besides going to the beach or the zoo. 

CrazySue, nice to have a vacation in the calendar!

Damaris, hope the 3 went well. 

HCK, nice that the frozen crap stayed away for your run. 

DH and I are thinking about South Island of NZ for vacay next Nov.  looks beautiful. Found a race in Queenstown!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, you're on top of Christmas!  Nice 3.  Vacay is a bit away, but isn't Destin swanky?  FUN!

Damaris, enjoy your 3 later.

Kathi, glad there was no wind or freezing things.

Karen, not a lot of help on Mom.  Mine isn't active anymore.  Spain was intermittently too tough for her.  Asking might help.

Margaret, cool on NZ!  GO!!!  I'm guessing you've been to Australia.  I've never been to either, but all I hear is now much nicer NZ is.  On the teeth, yeah, gum recession is a bitch.  I use Colgate Sensitive.  It's a bit cheaper than Sensodyne and I like it better.  Didn't see a difference in the two.  It definitely helps, I have significant gum recession and pain.

3 yesterday with 1 running in there.  4.5 today with 1 running.  Both are tiny intervals of running with walking.  My coach is just letting me get the running portion in however I can, FOR NOW.  He's dictating the miles running/walking, and I do them when/where I can.  The end of Jan after my timed race, we will be a bit more rigid I think.  I'm also talking to a running group friend.  He's a pretty hardass gnarly 100mile guy.  Most recently was Ouray 100 in the CO mountains, took him 49 hours and he is a front/mid packer.  I'm hoping his wife will let him pace me at Hennepin.  Along with my GF who paced me at Badger.

Working tomorrow to Wed.  Ugh.  Have long runs.  I know, most of you work 5 days.  I'm toast, so 3 is enough for me.

That's that.  TGIF for all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Got my COVID shot today. Had to wait until now because I was on antibiotics. So far so good

Karen, since it sounds like you'll be doing most of the planning and your mum is active I'd go with the CO/UT that you're familiar with. If mum gets fatigued at least you'll have nice scenery to sit back and enjoy.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**