Post.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Awake at 5am for a run, got up at 7:15 instead.  Whoopsie.

Working 9-4, so hoping I will have enough umph AFTER work to go get some miles.  Supposed to be 90min.  BUT,, wait for it...  the high is for about 85-87 with... RAIN a bit later which will cool stuff off, I hope.  This is the coolest it has been forecasted for in MONTHS.

No plans this weekend other than work today/tomorrow.

Have a great one ladies.

K

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Ok. So I've had absolutely zero desire to run outside this week despite blue skies. Maybe I hate blue skies because that big yellow ball makes me hot and zaps my energy? Regardless,  5 miles today on the tm. My long run will have to be tomorrow because DD1 and DD2 want to meet for lunch at noon at a new restaurant. I'm hungry now so I hope it has good food

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

6 miles for me this morning in my group of one. It's a nice place to run, shame no one wants to run there with me. I will give it one more week. I really only have next weekend and the following anyway until I'm out of town or busy almost every weekend anyway.

Kathryn, we're only forecast to get into the low to mid 80s today! It won't last, back to the 90s tomorrow, but hopefully a lower overnight low so I can get a decent long run in tomorrow morning. And at least the 100s seem to be over.

Lori, I haven't run in the sun for probably a week now, and as much as I like to see that super blue sky, I have not missed it at all running. Hope the new restaurant is good.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I danced and jumped all night and my legs are tired but the ITB/knee does bot hurt so whatever I did I undid by dancing lol. Pilates and 6 done. I might do something else later but nothing too hard.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

The restaurant was absolutely delicious. DD2 discovered it when looking for vegan options for me (I would have eaten anywhere however). I would definitely go back.

Karen,  they don't know what they're missing by not running with you.

Kats,  I hope it cools off for you. I'm so over heat.

Damaris,  I'm happy your knee is feeling better.  Pitbull does a body good. lol.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I did it, I went out AFTER work!  And turned around.  It started raining just as I was stepping out the door, ugh.  Then, by the time I went 1/2 mile I was soaked and it was near torrential.  When I crossed the street it was ankle deep along the road.  Turned around and glad I did because there are now thunder rumbles.  No thanks.  My pool is filling, quickly.

It was SO MISERABLE out too today.  Humid as all hell.  We were miserable.

Glad you had fun last night Damaris.

Yay on finding a good restaurant Lori!

As long as the rains aren't torrential, a GF is meeting me and we are going to go out for 90 min before I have to go to work.  She is bringing coffee!!!

That's it.

K

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So my aunt in PR took care of my mom during her brain aneurysm, surgery and recovery. Now my mom fell Thursday and slashed the back of her head when she hit her head with one of the house's wall columns and ended in the hospital. She is fine but can't help my aunt that now got Covid pneumonia and is in the hospital. My aunt is vaccinated and boosted at least.

And my mom seems to think the vaccine caused her to get the Covid or didn't protect her from it. Because she can't get science and of course she won't get vaccinated because god will help her instead. My aunt is a smoker so I am worried about her but she sounded like she was doing OK.

I have 16 later. We have a lunch with some of hubby's friends from medschool. Just hoping we don't catch Covid to boot after being out and about three days in a row.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kat, great job getting out there!

Lori, nice job on getting it done. Good luck with the LR.

Karen, nice 6.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Guess I never hit send from previously.  

Damaris, sorry about your aunt.  Hard to be far away when family/friends need us.  Good luck with your 16 later!!!

Got my miles in with a GF before work.  So nice to have company!!!   Got 5 miles in over 90 min.  Good enough.  Tomorrow I’m planning on 10. I have the day off, so I’m going to get some extra in. I don’t have much time otherwise this week.  Work, conference, work.  

Another  muggy day.   Just yuck.  

Enjoy your Sunday all. 

k

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day yesterday, went to see my parents. 8 today on the treadmill.

Docket, hope your mom and aunt have a speedy recovery.

Woo for the long Labor Day weekend!

Been busy.  Took dad to a Cal Bears football game yesterday, which was preceded by some light tailgating, and followed by dinner out.  Bears won, yay.  Trail HM today, over the hill in Woodside.  85 degrees, ugh, but at least it's a dry heat?    MTA: 1st in AG (1/13).  Had a nice video chat this afternoon with a friend in London.  Followed by some gardening, G&T on the porch with DH, and veggie curry that my DH made.  Block party tomorrow.

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR