Womens Running

New to the forums (Read 22 times)

ccoakley

Good morning, I didn't see any other intros so I apologize if this isn't the right format.  I've wanted to join a running community and these days it seemed an online community was the best way to go.  I've been a casual runner for 20+ yrs but am sort of drifting aimlessly with my running goals right now.  I have 2 kids(4 and 2) and runs in the double Bob have saved all of our sanity these past few months.  I've read some of the old threads and this seemed like a fun, supportive group to join.  Hi!

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Welcome! Feel free to chime into our dailies thread any time. We are a supportive group for sure. Smile

Damaris

Hi CC! Welcome aboard!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi CC!!  Like the others have said, jump on the dailies thread - that is where we do all our yakking.  I'd say re-introduce yourself there.  Once a thread gets started, we can get blinders on and just see that.  C'mon over!!!

Kat

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Welcome! Definitely pop in on the dailies!

Hi! Will chat over in the daily thread but wanted to say  WELCOME!!

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Welcome! Agreed, runs have been a sanity saver the last few months. That goes for any parent of small children, I think, and especially during this time of COVID.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Welcome!

You will like this group

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

UseMyShoes

Hello.  I'm new here, too.   I'm more of a long-distance walker who's wanted to run basically my whole life, and I think I'm finally getting started.   I just want to meet some other people who run.   Thanks!   Jessica 

Hey Jessica!

Come join us!

Hi Jessica!  Welcome, and feel free to join the daily threads.  Lots of great, supportive people here for any and all goals.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Jessica!

Join in on the fun on the dailies!  I am largely a walker now too - even long distance.  I walked the 100K at Javelina last year!!

Kat

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Welcome Jessica! Walking and running are easy to mix, there's no rule that says you have to do just one or the other.

JRosewalker

Hey ladies!!!!I wanted to join this group because I love to run and meeting new people always makes me happy! I’m Jenn from East Tennessee.42 yrs old married with no kids but our sweet Jasper.He is a rescue we adopted six yrs ago and he is our world ❤️He is a yorkie schnauzer mix with a BIG attitude!I’ve read some about you all on here and you each are so inspiring.Ok that sounded like I’m a stalker but I swear I’m not!🤣

Arimathea

Tessa

Welcome Jenn! Jump in and start posting.

Joining this group is sort of like walking into the theater in the middle of the movie, but everyone's welcome and do feel free to ask questions if there's something that's confusing you.