Womens Running

Worry-free WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hope everyone has a positive worry-free Wednesday!

Sigh. I thought today was Thursday at first. I was prepping for my meetings on THURSDAY. Inset crying face.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.1 for me! I did 4x .5mi/.5 rest.

Ugh, that was tough. 73 temp/ 73 dewpoint. Was not a fun time. I kept thinking there was something crawling on my back when it was really just sweat dripping down. haha. I had a speed work program set for today but forgot about it until I was on mile 4. I must have been half asleep Smile I just threw those interval sets in at the end because they were easy to follow. I was getting down in the low 9's. Fine by me with this nasty heat. I got home and took a nice COLD shower.

My mom called me last night with all this wedding stuff. She still hasn't heard from the event planner at the train station. Hoping we hear something today. I guess she is calling all these hotels to see if we can get rooms blocked. She also mentioned renting a trolley. LOL. I mean geez, WE HAVE TIME.

I need another vacation!

Sandy – You are not a dork because I can “hear” you when I read your posts, too! Haha. Now I am wondering what you thought my voice sounded like! Smile Sorry about the work grumpiness yesterday! Hopefully he is not as grumpy today. I became grumpy when I realized Mammel is back today. WHY!! WHHHYYYY!!! OOOO Trust and Succession? I am screen shooting that! Hey, I write checks! My car payment is still by check! They charge if I want to online pay which I think is dumb. But whatever. I mail the check on the due date  Smile I think we are getting that front that you had. After rain this afternoon we are supposed to drop in humidity. The high on Friday is 79!! I wash my stuff in oxyclean, too! I never wash them separate though..opps. LOL. What did you get at the liquor store?!

Kilmisters – Aw, your DH sounds like HCF!! He always tends to side with me, but if I am being ridiculous he will tell me. That’s how you know they are your best friends  Smile Totally agree with what you said to Sandy about the childish emails. Mammel does that quite frequently. Actually, when we had our blow up last week..nothing was his fault. Of course not. He is God. Hope you have a good day today!

Karen – Bummer that you won’t get your Garmin in time. Maybe it’s a sign that you should run the race by feel?? Remember the last time you did that? It turned out awesome. LOL at your sister and the age group! She is right though – you will probably place Smile YES – TOTALLY agree about people running to do things! No way. I would smell so bad. When I was working in Arlington, there was an associate who ran to and from work everyday. EVERY. DAY. It was 8 miles!! No way I could do that in the Summer time!!

Tessa – AGREE about that dbag and his cheating. He did it multiple times, he will do it again. Women can’t change men…I am cracking UPPP at your take on full frontal nudity. HAHA. Hey, I get excited when I see a male full frontal..because you NEVER see it on screen. I just didn’t want to see William Hurt’s full frontal. Glad the kitties are doing well. Do you have a picture?! Nice run yesterday!

Run4kupcakes – Cooled down? WHERE? LOL. Nice miles!

Docket – Oh no!!! At least you have a rental! You do have a rental, right!? Yay for Missoula!!

Hang in there, Margaret!!

Have a great day everyone!

Well...I made it to the gym this morning but the instructor did not! We waited a bit and then everyone left. I did some core stuff. Oh well.

We have been busy planning our house painting plan of attack. DF is taking the afternoon off to work on the front door. He was able to put two coats of primer on the door frame--looks MUCH better. He has lots of use or lose leave and sea days, so he can easily take time off.

Tessa--kitties--sounds like you have your hands full.

Later!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

59 minutes easy today.  It's been hard to run uneven mileage but it's also hard to run 59 minutes instead of 60.    Only 59 degrees this morning, humid, I was still super sweaty, but I will NOT complain.    It cooled down quite a bit yesterday afternoon, I wore jeans and a sweatshirt while walking the dogs!  Hard to believe it was in the 90's on Monday.  Oh, someone asked what zone I run my long runs in.  Probably Lizzie.    I try to keep my long runs around 145 HR, which is zone 3 for me.  I have actually been skipping my zone 2 Thursday runs, which would have me running 3 days in a row (and wasn't fitting in my schedule). 

Lizzie, nice speedwork!  It is amazing how your HR creeps up with the warm/humid weather.  Effort doesn't feel bad but your HR is going up.  So you are doing awesome!  Haha, sounds like your mom is excited about the wedding.     DH once made a comment about my HR monitor strap hanging in the bathroom to dry.  If he mentions it again I will tell him about your thong.    Summer school is 5 days a week.  The kids actually enjoy it.  Kaitlyn mentioned that a boy she just met "likes her".  I asked her if she liked him, she just giggled and said that she just met him.  She didn't deny it though.  Oh boy.    Wow, on your ex-friend being engaged to the dbag.

Sue, nice that DF made headway on the door.  

Margaret, good luck on the prep for Western States!  Sounds like a project.  

Tessa, glad the kitties are doing well!

Karen, glad the Garmin is making it's way to you.  Those new Fenix watches look really nice.     Nice running!

Sandy, I am wondering what you thought Lizzie sounded like too!    Hope you were able to run it out this morning!

Elina, I've had a handful of dogs run at me (and with me) while running.  The only one that has bit me was a big dog.  But I agree the small ones tend to have an attitude.  Agree also on not pushing kids too hard.  DD mentioned wanted me to pace her for the next trail race so she could get a faster time.  I can do that, but I still want it to be fun for her.  Otherwise, what's the point?    Sounds like your run was a real adventure!

Kat, congrats on the new checks, haha.  Always nice to hear from you.

On that note, where has Diane been?

Cathy

Seloc

Elina – yeah lots of childish antics around here.  My theory is it ALL stems from insecurity.

Karen – glad your old Garmin is doing the trick until you return from IL.  Yeah, I’m a drippy sweaty mess running always.  I do not understand people that don’t sweat!

Tessa – I think I was more shocked by seeing the wanker than anything.  Not a super attractive appendage but they just aren’t shown much on TV.  Breasts, yes, of course.  Awww little Dixie – is Domino eating all her food?

HCK – I’m not sure I’ve seen Boogie Nights!  Nice miles.

Damaris – ugh on no car parts.  Hooray for Missoula!

Gatsby – that’s so awesome you are volunteering at WS again.  I just read about Amelia Boone yesterday – she’s amazing.

Lizzie – well holy CRAP I ran the same as Lizzie!  Nice miles, chica!  Your temp/dp was 10* higher than mine.  Gross sweaty mess.  How long do you wait to get in the shower after you get home?  I try to wait until I stop sweating so I don’t sweat through my shower.  Awwww how cute of your mom and all the wedding planning!  She’s excited!  Ooooh sounds like you’ll have nice weather for your long run!  This front is still sorta lingering – just kinda dreary out there.  Didn’t end up going to the liquor store – just had a beer when I got home.  Hope Mammel is too busy catching up from his days off to be a pest.  Have a good day!!

Sue – dang on the no show instructor!  That’s awesome that DF can get to a lot of the painting.

Cathy – haha I was thinking same - 59 min??  What an odd number.  I asked about zones so thanks!  I think I run much in zone 3 so happy to hear that.  It’s HARD to “run” in zone2.  And I walk in zone 1 hmmmm.  Plus YES on the h/h increasing your heart rate – whew!  Was feeling mighty outa shape this morning.  OMG laughing at DD getting some little boys attention – so cute!!  I guess I had Lizzie’s voice as higher pitched and loud LOL

A little over 10 miles for me this morning.  Finally double digits but, dang I’m outta shape!!  65*/62* temp/dp so not horrible but still a sweaty betty mess.  My booty is SORE from HIIT – whew!  Skaters will do it every darn time.  Vendor coming in and taking us to lunch – not sure where.  My sister is coming down from Bis because my nephew has knee surgery tomorrow.  Will be fun to see her!  That’s all I’ve got!  Happy Hump Day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4 and OTF tonight.  Looks like an interesting speed/endurance day, so I'm in. Smile

I had to drive the mega SUV to court today, which means I couldn't take the express lanes (no toll by plate allowed in those and my Sunpass sticker has to remain in the car), so it took me a nice extra 45 minutes to get here. Sigh.  May karma hits this asshole that hit me.

Liz, nice run!  I must have missed the train reference for the wedding.

Susan, that would irk me if the person failed to tell you he wasn't showing up.

Cathy, ooh, that sounds like nice weather.  Nice run.  Been wondering about Diane as well.

Sandy, nice 10.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seloc, it's the very last scene in Boogie Nights, maybe it's on YouTube? So, googled it on my phone, cause NSFW. Sounds like it's a fake, he is not that endowed.

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, that would annoy me if I got to the gym early for a class and the instructor did not show up. Hope there's a good reason.

Liz, sorry, it is Wednesday. Hump day camel is out on a colleague's desk.

And it's possible to run before something else. I have been known to get up, shower, then put on running gear, park at WW, run, meeting, then church. If it's hot or sticky I will take a sponge bath before church and put on clean clothes, but nobody's going to see them anyway under choir robes.

For some things it is better to write a check because there's a fee for credit card processing and if it's a nonprofit you may want them to get all the money rather than pay a fee to the card handler.

Cathy, cute on Kaitlyn! Glad I'm not that age any more and neither are my kids!

Sandy, Dixie is eating, but she still has diarrhea. I was hoping it would clear up but it continues, though less. And she holds her own in the competition for the food. She has a smaller stomach than her brothers, though, I think.

I will pass on looking for "Boogie Nights".

3 this morning. It was hot yesterday but cooled down overnight. Nothing exciting, basic run.

Anonymous Guest

Busy day for me. In my head I wasn't leaving until Friday, but no, my flight is out tomorrow morning at 6:30. I ran 8 easy this morning and am hoping to get a day pass at the Hilton O'Hare gym for my super long layover tomorrow - it will be my only chance to get a run in. I may end up blowing it off and hiding out in a corner of the airport watching season two of Goliath, but right now running is the plan.

Writing checks - I have very few bills that I online pay directly with the company, but any that i want to pay with a check, I make the bank do it. I just put in the amount and the date I want it paid online and they do the rest. Some are electronic transfer but some they cut a check and send it. If it doesn't get there on time, they are stuck with the late fees. Our mail service is so horrible I don't really trust it to get my bills from one place to the other anyway. And I don't need to buy stamps and write things out by hand. They will send a check to anyone, so I guess I could even have them pay my lawn guys, but I don't have the address so I just leave a check out back under the door mat.

Liz, nice run in the slop. Your mom is cracking me up. My dad booked the church and reception site for my wedding, then he and his friend planned the times and the golf tournament (yes, the golf tournament). My mom and I did the rest in one weekend when I went home. Flew to St. Louis and did the dress shopping, then spent the weekend getting flowers, photography, etc. figured out and booked. You are right, I SHOULD run by feel on Saturday. I probably won't though. Because I'm me.

Susan, oooh, that's nice DF has extra time to take off to get a bunch of the painting and chores done. Sucks that the instructor didn't show this morning!

Cathy, I don't have a problem not running round numbers (although I'd much rather run 5.1 than 4.9), but 59 minutes might be hard for me. It would have been difficult to not just run one more minute! That is so cute about the boy that likes DD. I was kind of hoping Garmin would just give me a credit towards a new watch because I really like the Fenix 5S.

Sandy, nice job on the 10! Those temps are what I'm probably going to see for my 5K on Saturday and I'm excited about it. Warped sense of normal here. Actually the last I checked it may be as low as 61 degrees!

Damaris, I thought today's OTF looked fun, but last time I went was the World Cup workout with about 8,000 burpees, and it aggravated my PF. Took until today for me to not feel it, so I decided to take the week off from OTF to be on the safe side. Ugh, what a pain with the driving this morning.

Tessa, thanks for the kitten update yesterday. I'm glad you can get a run in before being in public with others but in your scenario, I'd have to have about 15-20 minutes between the run and meeting to stop sweating, plus time to peel off the soaking wet clothes, figure out what to do with the soaking wet smelly clothes.....and the thought of those wet, smelly clothes sitting and fermenting somewhere while I did the rest of the stuff.....no for me. When i finish a run here, you literally can not tell if I've jumped in the pool or not.

Laundry almost done, I've been to the dry cleaners and grocery store, still need to do some cleaning, empty the 40-lb bag of dog food into the container, pick up the poop in the yard since the mowers are coming tomorrow, pack, and I'm sure there are some other things I'm forgetting. This break has been nice though.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

We got an RSVP in the mail today for the wedding: " Yes. 2 will attend".  Who is this?? No name. Mystery guest.

About half the RSVPs have not been returned yet. Y'all have 9 days!  Why is this so hard people???

Actually getting a lot done at work today. I'm revising a class that we will present in NOVEMBER. I am ahead of the curve for the moment.

Damaris--ugh on the commute.  I hope you get your car back soon.

Karen--have a good trip. I need to scoop the yard too. Thanks for the reminder. DS2 took Deuce and Stark to Florida for a couple of days to visit his GF. Our house has been so quiet and calm! I think they are on their way back today.Even the weims were chill this week.

I'd really rather be sewing right now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wait, O'Hare has a gym???  And yeah, hoping I don't get 1000 burpees. I can always walk out of the weights part, ha.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Wait, O'Hare has a gym???  And yeah, hoping I don't get 1000 burpees. I can always walk out of the weights part, ha.

The Hilton does. It's located in the underground walkway between the terminals and the actual Hilton, so you have to go through security, but if you have plenty of time, not a huge deal.  It's a nice gym, I've used it when I stayed at the Hilton. I've been told you can get a day pass, cost dependent on your Hilton Honors level most likely, but no more than $20. That includes the sauna and pool as well.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

AHHHH busy day full of doors!

Susan – Oh man! I hate it when the instructor doesn’t show. Throws me off. Yay for DF making headway on the painting! Wow, an RSVP 9 days before?! RUDE. I don’t understand why its so hard for people to send RSVP’s.

Cathy – Okay, I would have done the 60 minutes. LOL. 59 seems off! Haha. 59 minutes in 59 degrees?! LOL. I would kill for those temps. I am crying over here in jealousy of SWEATSHIRT weather. UGH. I’ll be over here dripping in sweat after my 2 minutes walk in the office. OOOO a boy likes Kaitlyn, huh?! Its starting!! Smile

Sandy – Mileage twin!!! Nice job!!! Enjoy your free lunch. Yum. Is your sister staying with you? I wish I had the option to wait until I stopped sweating..but I don’t. How much time do you have after you get in from a run before you leave for work? I don’t have too much time so if I have to wash my hair (like I did today)..I just take a cold shower. It helps me stop sweating. BUT when I blow dry my hair I am sweating again. I hate Summer. Have I mentioned that? Me? A higher pitched voice? HAHAH. I am loud though.

Docket – Have a good run and OTF workout tonight! UGH on the extra time this morning. Oh, we are looking into getting married at a train station! Something different!

Tessa – Hats off to you for the sponge bath! Phew. I wouldn’t be that motivated.

Karen – Nice run today! Day pass at the gym during a layover? You are a better woman than me! I never knew the bank did that!!! I am going to look into that. So, you basically planned your wedding in one weekend? OH BOY. Good luck getting everything done! You are going to have a great time  Smile

HCF and I are heading to dinner with some friends of his. They moved to DE a few years ago but are back in town for a work obligation. Should be fun!

Have a good night everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I did 40 minutes of cardio work, then did volunteer work for 3.75 hours at the library. Most of it was unloading, sorting, then shelving nonfiction. They are HEAVY books. That is very time-consuming work for the brain. I did a little fiction as well and that was very relaxing. Fiction sorting is so much easier and the books are my size.
                              Today I hope to do a run down in the park. Done. 

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Arimathea

Tessa

I got to the gym! 6.03 done.