Womens Running

Where did July go Wednesday DIVAS (Read 15 times)

MA runner girl

Seriously time is flying by. Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: 3 miles last night after C went to bed. On the TM since DH was working still. I'd much rather do it earlier and go to bed with C... Another 3 tonight.

NRR: Running late last night caused me to stay up later because I couldn't wind down. Usually it's not a problem because I'm so tired, but the night before was good that  Ijust wasn't! I'm really paying this morning though... And of course C is still sleeping! Hasn't done that in a few weeks, so maybe his sleep regression is coming to an end. Now if only he will stop waking up at 4am Wink Dinner at my grandparents was good. C was so talkative, which was fun. He loves his voice lately, just babbles away to anyone who will listen. Today we are doing nothing. DH worked until 11:30, so we are both pooped. Looking forward to relaxing.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

outwestrunner

Morning, MA!  I am glad you had a good time at dinner. Exercising late is a crapshoot for me, too. Sometimes I fall asleep immediately, other times, not so much.

At the airport, eating breakfast, and ready to see my best friends!

RR: I decided to get a massage last night,  instead of ST. It wasn't my regular lady but it was still worth it. I packed my running gear first - looking forward to some lakefront runs!!

NRR: Hoping I won't have to work too much on this trip. I think I will put it off for a couple of days. I need a break. Yesterday was almost the end of my rope. OH so last night, Fay jumped on the bed, so I woke up with her AND the cats. Thankfully I staked my claim out early!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

taylorma1

MA-hope you have a relaxing night

outwest-enjoy Chicago!

RR: planning on a 9 mile MP run in a few. Still cool here but now it's 100% humidity yuck

NRR: soooo busy trying to get everything done before my vacation. Heading to Top Sail Island in NC this weekend. Need to go to the bank and change accounts since mine right now is not in Indiana, then I need to change all my online accounts, on top of doing a bunch of stuff at work. Can't wait til the weekend.

POrun

Happy Camel Day (thinking of you lizo!)

RR: Swam sets for 1450yds this morning. Tonight will be running with DH.

NRR: Not too much. Work is crazy. Oh, that class I was stressing over last term, I got an A in! Holy crap, no idea how that happened! I have the same professor for my next class starting next week, so hopefully I won't need to stress out nearly as much!

MA: Agreed, time is flying! I hope you can keep getting more sleep! Glad you had a nice dinner with the grandparents too!

OWR: I hope you have a great time in Chicago!

taylor: Enjoy the 9 miles! Yup, nothing like finishing a run and feeling like you just jumped out of a pool covered in your own sweat! Sounds like you'll be busy!

Have a great day ladies!

SassySparky

MA - I agree the year is just flashing by! Good luck fitting the run in tonight before C's bedtime.

OWR - Great job getting the massage! I got one this past weekend - it was glorious. I hope you get lots of time off for the trip!

Taylor - Top Sail! That's where we went last year. Are you going with your family?

PO - great workouts! and congrats on your A!

RR: Did 5 with 3 at MP this morning. It was tough - after a good week of cooler and less humid weather it was 72F with 95% humidity today. Moreover, I had a weird ankle pain for the first mile. It hurt a little bit yesterday when I warmed up too. Like, left ankle on the outside. I iced when I got home and will do foot rubs and foam roll my calf and hope that it doesn't turn in to something major. G swiped my garmin last night and was carrying it around the house. I got it back from him and set it somewhere but couldnt' find it this morning! So I had to use the crappy mapmyrun app on my phone. It's so innaccurate! I know this 5 mile loop by heart now and it said it was 5.33. Riiiight.

RR2 : I forgot to mention it but I got the most AMAZING sports massage on Saturday. I had a male massage therapist, and he was strong. My IT bands and hamstrings were all knotted and I didn't even know it. Other than the janky ankle (jankle!!!) I feel pretty great. I even signed up for monthly visits at Massage Envy.

NRR: Got a good chunk of writing done yesterday so hopefully I can do some experimental work the rest of the week and go in to vacation with some new data on my boss's desk!

Alright gotta jet! Need to get ready before the bus comes!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

Morning girls!

MA when is your birthday?? Great job with your run!

Sassy I hope the ankle is nothing major.

PO I knew you would get an A! Great job with the swim! Have you done more OWS Arounf your house?

OWR safe travels have fun running around the lake!

Taylor Good Luck with all the online stuff! When is your marathon?

TriR just did 1.5k pool swim.

NtriR massage last night was hard and I woke up with pain on my IT band but felt so much more relaxed after the swim. Volunteering tonight.

have a great day!

lizo_77

true that MA! July is over!!??

RR: did 3 this morning with M. Felt good. but I'm not feeling the greatest in terms of tummy issues. Woke up and had to rush to the bathroom and have rushed to the bathroom three times so far this morning. Grr.... I don't have time to be sick.

NRR: made awesome turkey burgers last night. maybe that's what my body is reacting to. But M is fine so it could be a nervous stomach because of work.  Headed to Rapid City tomorrow for work. going to be a long... day. leaving around 7 in the morning, meeting at 1pm mountain time, and then leaving for home around 4pm, which means not home till about 10pm. oh well. Looking forward to having the project done. The only thing is it's not going to be done for three more years. Send good vibes my way for next monday! I'm interviewing for a new job in a different company...

back soon.!

lizo_77

MA: I love your stories of C! sorry about the tiredness this morning. hopefully you and C's schedule will coordinate quickly before C changes it again on you! (reminds me of yesterday, my sister calls and asks when we're going to have a baby. Smile )

outwest: I say yes take a break! and take a break for me too! that's funny about fay and the cats!

taylor: busy day for you! hope you can get it all done! the island sounds fantastic! is it an island, or just a name?

Po: yay for the A!!!! you rock! and happy camel day back at ya!! lol. (have you seen the geico commercial yet??)

sassy: haha about G swiping your garmin and then you forgetting where you put it! sounds like something I'd do. way to go on the run!

mel: hope the IT band pain stays away! way to go on your swim!

Ok, gotta get drawing...

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

RR: I took a rest day yesterday. I was so exhausted last night by the time I got done working. I also was STARVING. No way could I have run without going home to eat first, and once I was home, no way was I going back out! Anyway, heading to the gym later for 3 miles and weights

NRR: So this week I'm working 3 days at a post secondary school for young adults with Autism, Down Syndrome and other various developmental disabilities. It's been an INCREDIBLE experience so far. So grateful for such an opportunity. On Friday they will end their week with a performance (in order to attend this school, they must have a talent for music). I got to hear them practice yesterday. It was amazing!

Thanks for the prayers for my grandma last week, ladies! She seems to have perked up a bit! Smile

MA: glad C seems to be sleeping better!

Outwest: Enjoy your time with your friends

Taylor: good luck with your run in the humidity

PO: Congrats on doing so well in your class! You rock!

Sassy: I've found mapmyrun to be inaccurate as well! UGH. so annoying!

Meli: Where do you volunteer?

Lizo: Hope your stomach feels better!

taylorma1

Sassy-yep going with my Dad, Stepmom, 2 Stepsisters, Stepsister's husband, 1 brothers, and 1 nephew. It's going to be quite a full house but going to be very fun too!

meli-my marathon is on Sept 28th

lizo-not too sure if it's an island on it's own or not. Never been there before. Sassy ,might have a better idea

melrunner

RLTW I volunteer at our local childrens hospital in the playroom playing with the kiddos every Wed 6-9.

Lizo good luck!

monk717

RR: Decided not to run this morning, too tired and a little sore from the mini-hills of yesterday's run.

NRR: I'm not a fan of July. My dad died 20 years ago today and although its been on my mind a lot lately, its affecting me more than expected at the moment. I haven't been able to get much work going yet today. I listen to my ipod while pumping and without really thinking about it put on the Beatles yesterday. This morning "Let it Be," came on, which we played in our house the night he died so right now I'm just overcome thinking about that night. I'm also feeling unhappy that we didn't have time to visit the cemetery on Sunday when we were at my parents house (they're an hour away and the cemetery is a half hour further south)... I'm hoping to make a trip in the next few weekends... on a more fun note, I'll mention yet again that my baby sister is leaving for Spain today. I think she and my parents are leaving for the airport now or soon. She's studying in Malaga for the semester, will be home I think a few days before Thanksgiving.

lizo_77

RLTW: Sounds like your experience at the school is an awesome one!

SassySparky

Yep it's an island. One of the barrier islands off the coast.

Sassy-yep going with my Dad, Stepmom, 2 Stepsisters, Stepsister's husband, 1 brothers, and 1 nephew. It's going to be quite a full house but going to be very fun too!

meli-my marathon is on Sept 28th

lizo-not too sure if it's an island on it's own or not. Never been there before. Sassy ,might have a better idea

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!