K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning ladies!

Mostly ready, some minor picking up, and a last minute rapid test for the trip.  My backup 48 hour test results haven't come in...  I can use a rapid within 24-48 hours, so off I go at 8am.  Leave for the airport 10/10:30.

Work just got interesting.  Currently there are four FT docs and a smattering of relief vets.  The main FT doc is leaving by April 1st.  Leaves three.  Now one FT doc gave notice and is leaving Feb 1st.  Leaves two.  We try to run on four doctor days, and if things don't change majorly, we will be down to two docs total.  We will have lots of relief docs in, but that is going to create havoc.  Inconsistent care, dumping a lot of cases and follow up on us two.  We still don't know about the potential medical director coming on.  I guess he is still deciding, but we haven't heard if he is even negotiating.  UGH.  You would think corporate would let us know if he was in active negotiations.

Kinda sad, but my house sitter asked what to do if my old man passes away while I am gone.  Not impossible.  I always wonder when I come home and he isn't there...  Getting to that age.  Plus I am fairly certain he is now diabetic.

Karen, how is the place!!!  Glad the boys enjoy the backyard.

Later.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Have fun!

Booster shot side effects are gone. I can stand on my toes now so the calf is coming along nicely.  I am off until Tuesday. Pilates later.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Dogs are happy. There was a time last night when all four of us were on the full size air mattress. Knew I should have splurged for the queen sized! We were supposed to get internet this morning but there was an issue and not sure when it will be rescheduled. Something about our neighborhood growing fast and they need to add more nodes for the fiber lines before any more can connect. I don't want to go with the cable company (other high speed choice) because it's not as fast and costs more. But I told the customer service person I might have to. In the meantime, we used all our data on our phone plan with two weeks to go, so I changed us to an unlimited plan (we never got close to our data limit before and that is with the two of us and both my parents on our plan). Of course with the way things change, the unlimited plan was only a few dollars a month more than we were paying. So at least we have internet until either the fiber company can get it done or I give in and go with the cable company.

Now we anxiously await our stuff. And we have to do a little cleaning. This small contractor wasn't as good at getting things cleaned up. He had cleaners in here, but then they had to do some last minute fixes, plus we didn't get landscaping until the day before so with all the dirt and contractors coming in and out after the cleaning, we need to clean al the floors at least. Super happy with how everything looks and turned out though. And even happier to have a house and be out of the van. It may be a few months before I'm ready for a camping trip!

Kathryn, have a great time! Sounds like work is about to turn into a bit of a shitshow, at least for awhile. Awww, hope the old man is okay while you're gone.

Damaris, awesome. Enjoy the non-running long weekend!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

5 miles this morning - oh how I wish the roads could stay dry and the morning stay light!

Work has been nutty all week, not able to cross much off the list as things just keep getting added.  Hanging on until tomorrow.

Kat - whoo hoo, enjoy!!  That sounds stressful about the lack of docs, hope they figure that out soon for you!

Damaris - glad the calf is feeling better!

Karen - whoo hoo for being in the house!!  It will all come together!

Quickie check in... I'm traveling too!  Down in Moreno Valley, in southern California, because my DH has a work project here.  Flew down last night, and the woman sitting next to me in the plane barfed all over the aisle.  Yes, it was as gross as it sounds.  Fortunately it was a short flight.  Today, I drove over to Joshua Tree National Park for a hike.  Free because of Veteran's Day, but still not very many people there.  A great day for a hike, temps in the 70s, sunny, quiet, and peaceful.  Couldn't hear anything except the wind blowing.  Planning on exploring in the mountains tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR