Womens Running

March Monday (dailies) (Read 21 times)

Kilmisters

March already? Did we just fast-forward February!?!?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Liz, most of my friends are crazy Big grin Not sure if practice test in the morning is a good idea. You need to keep your head off that damn test for a while. But see what works for you best Smile

Karen, well, do remember that my MI goal is to get to finish line (and nothing more), so hopefully that plan won't involve tempos that could potentially leave me half alive in some nearby ditch catching for breath (naive, huh?).

One of those days when it's noon, but you've already done tons of work and are 100% ready to put feet on the table, open can of Coke, pat yourself on the back and do nothing for rest of the day. Unfortunately, that's not an option. Who the hell schedules a meeting @ Monday 4pm!?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Time is flying too fast.  I have 7 miles tonight.

Elina, WTF, can't they schedule a meeting earlier?  And not at lunch time or the time someone is about to leave work.  How rude!

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 easy miles for me. Heading to abs tonight.

Great run this morning! No rain Smile!! Legs felt good out there and it felt good to go easy. Going to be a peak week with lots of easy miles. That is the plan anyway..my achilles may have other plans. Bothering me a lot lately and is actually starting to get some pain to it. Not when I am running (I use straps and tape), but a few hours after the run. I have constant achilles tendonitis..and this could very well just be a flare up from all the speedwork last week. We will see how it goes!

Half day today. Test is at 1:30. My nose will be in the books until then!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHY!!!! Smile Smile Smile

Linda – Totally understand home making versus going out. I even think store bought pizza is better than delivery. Homemade is always better! I LOVE Starbucks blueberry muffins..wish I could find a healthier version Smile I have heard about subbing sugar with applesauce, have you tried that before?

Karen – AH, I forgot about the gas points at Kroger on the weekends! You are right. HCF paid for our $130 grocery bill on Saturday, but I made sure to put in my points card – hehe. Hmm..interesting about your marathon runner. Is he taking in enough fuel and hydration?? Electrolytes?? Wonder if he is getting enough magnesium?

Docket – Wow, nice 16 with swollen eyelids Smile Hope they are a bit better today?

Kilmisters – A meeting at 4pm!? EW NO. Ugh. Good luck! Maybe prop your feet up while on the call? Smile

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Kilmisters, Monday at 4 is at least better than Friday at 4.

It's sweater weather here again!!!  40F this morning!!!!  Cold for us.  I know, we are lightweights.

I was offline most of the weekend.  Saturday we drove the rescue weim part way to her foster home.  Sweet pup--I would have taken her home then if I could. We were back in time to hit a big estate sale, then went to the church to watch the Mardi Gras parade (our church is on the parade route, so we have snacks (they cooked burgers) and more importantly---a bathroom!!! It was fun and we caught a big pile of beads that will be re-used next year. There are several groups of disabled adults who wash and repackage the beads and sell to the crews.  I could tell a couple of my beads had been around the block several times!

Yesterday DH went to St Pete for a meeting, so I sewed.  It was fabulous. I needed some Susan time, and I finished a quilt top.

Still not running bc I can feel the piriformis area is still inflamed, but I went to group power class this morning.

Damaris--my boss.  My boss wanted to schedule a meeting late Friday afternoon, but I had already worked 40 hours last week so I told her I needed to leave and it would wait until Monday.  She also likes to schedule meetings during lunch. grrrrr

Happy Monday everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

Cold here this morning! Temps are in the 30s but it's windy so feels like the 20s. I might be being a wimp and waiting a few hours until the feels like temp gets to freezing or above. I have 13 on the schedule. Part of me wants to go run at the park, the other part wants to stick close to home and do loops of the neighborhood. Other than that......I need to clean the bathrooms. Fun exciting day here.

Happy Birthday, Cathy!!!!!

Elina, I had a boss once that used to walk around the office around 4:30 or so and say "let's have a staff meeting." He was a great guy except for that one annoying thing. The plan.....will have less soul sucking insane tempo, but more miles and some hard stuff.

Morning Damaris, enjoy the 7 tonight.

Liz, you are going to do great on the test today. You know the material, so go in and kill it. Good thoughts on my cramping runner, thanks. There is sometimes a language barrier so I'm not always sure we're talking about the same things when it comes to fueling/XT/etc. I did send him a couple articles on the importance of strong hips and glutes to prevent cramping and I think that's when he got better about strength training. Maybe I can find some other articles on nutrition. The triple fuel points were a coupon for just this past weekend - I went Friday for a few things and Sunday for a few things and now already have 300 points for March.

Susan, sounds like a fun weekend. A good mix of social and alone time.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Meanwhile, in Miami, it's the hottest day of this year...so far.

Liz, nice run.

HCK, tru dat.

Susan, your boss is a piece of work!

Karen, nice weather, except the wind, ugh.

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Elina - You are doing the full at North Country, right???   I have to look and see if there is anything still available to run there that weekend!  Would be great to meet you!

Susan - Ugh on that dang piriformis and on that boss...

Karen - Brrrr, temps for you!

Lizzie - Good luck in the test!

Damarias - I saw about the mold the other day!  That is bad, and can’t believe they are not taking action to correct it!

Cathy - Happy Birthday!!!

Quick check in...I have been keeping up with my running and classes.  Have ran a lot on the track...it has been so cold and snowy here just can’t make myself go out in it.  Just finished a 6 miler on the track and did my RB’s recovery work out with her...her knee is slowly getting better.  Leave for NZ on Friday so am in full on panic/packing!

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, the very BEST OF LUCK on the test! <3

In yoga classes I had noticed that it was uncomfortable to sit with my legs crossed. I told my doctor and he gave me a stretch/exercise for it and it is working! The knees are relaxing more when I sit cross-legged. 

Friday after the 50 minute run, I did 3 hours volunteer work.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday was cardio dvd for 40 minutes. I’m trying to do lots of upper body exercise on the weekends. We old folks lose muscle so easily and so fast.

Today I did 50 minutes running on the TM, then 10 minutes of fast walking.

Happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Kilmisters

Liz, per my time zone calculations it's not too late to wish good luck again Smile Let us know how it went! Will you know the score right away? Fingers crossed!

HCK, Friday at 4 is sometimes better, because everyone just wants to get the hell out and the decision making is surprisingly efficient time-wise.

Karen, go to the park! Loops at home are mentally tricky. Always an easy chance to just cut it short. .

Carol, yes, my first full marathon at North Country! Jealous about snow and cold. Send some of that here! I've lost any hope winter will return here. Sad.

That meeting. Ugh. Long story short, timeline:

1) IT tells me about the project, we decide on methodology.

2) PR department posts the official description of project, it has different methodology entirely

3) I schedule a ''wtf guys'' meeting, no one from PR comes, we (me and IT) agree to stay at initial methodology as it makes more sense

4) I keep pulling the data, aggregating it and seeking for solutions based on INITIAL methodology, the one me and IT agreed on

5) Project-finalizing meeting today, finally PR person arrives as well, final decision is to reset everything according to THEIR methodology, I have to re-do almost everything.

I was SO close to saying - f-- all that - I am not changing anything, deal w it (and I could have), but deadline is in 2 weeks, so I just nodded (any attempts to speak would lead to incoherent growling noises). Next time, tho, I will do absolutely nothing before every department has officially said ''ok'' re: the way we calculate stuff, especially because initially I was trusted w this, quote, ''I am sure you''ll find a way to do this in the best way ''. Well, I did and you changed it. I am sick of people who apparently think that a) changing the whole calculation is fast and easy and any complaint from my side is just lack of willingness to put in any effort b) I have nothing more important/tricky to deal with.

/end of rant

Edit: I have 4 days of floorball this week, so I am taking a rest day and scheduling the only run of the week on Wednesday. I don't want to jump back in too quickly, especially after yesterday's very, uhm, no bueno run.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, fast forward indeed!

Damaris, cold here in SA too, down to freezing overnight.

Lizzie, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!  When do you find out the results?  I hate waiting.  For my state boards, we found out 10-15 min after the test was done.  I was at a traffic light when it came through.

Hi HCK, agreed on meeting times.

Sue, what an annoying boss.  Nice of you being part of the Weim-transport.

Karen, I don't dig this weather.  Too damned cold.  At least it is back into the 60's/70's later in the week.  Good luck with your miles.

Carol, yay on NZ!  This is the big hike trip, isn't it?  Have a fabulous time.

Judy, not sure I could sit cross-legged much anymore.  Not really going try.  Wink

InstaPot and cookbooks come tomorrow.  Try it out Wed/Thurs.

Yesterday was one awfully long day.  11 hours of constant pets.  I had to make one room wait just so I could scarf down a bagel.  And we had (and hopefully still have...) a VERY sick pup.  Frustrated because there are 4 of us, with 4 different opinions - which means 4 different treatment options..  Actually I agree with the one night guy.  I think the dog got into something and was poisoned.  Just doesn't fit the other 2 opinions.  Nicest young couple too.  I am frustrated because the other doctors have been doing critical care for years, me, 3 months.   Some of the techs aren't understanding of that and are rude to me.  I think I decided it is time for a brief sit down with them later today and remind them of that.  Yikes cause the one woman really dislikes me.

Off to Costco to pick up my meds...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – What a cool idea about the beads!! Glad you had such a great weekend. Sorry about the hip! UGH.

Karen – Oh man. Do you even have clothes that will keep you warm in those temps?! Teasing. Smile I hope you have a GREAT run today. With those temps I have a feeling you will. Was it triple fuel this weekend? I thought maybe that was if you bought a gift card. OH you know we are FINALLY getting Blue Bell ice cream here THIS MONTH!!! I am so excited! The pralines and cream is CALLING ME!!!

Carol – I was wondering when your trip was! I can’t wait to see pictures. You are going to have an amazing time.

Judy – Hmm, what was the stretch the doctor had mentioned? Busy weekend for you!! Nice workouts as usual Smile

Kilmisters – Yes, I should know instantly if I passed or not. Yikes. Very frustrating about the work situation. I am sorry Sad I used to do the same thing with projects in my world. I learned that it changes so many freakin times before the official “OK” is made, I just don’t even get ahead of myself anymore. It’s so frustrating. Sorry Sad Run tonight?!

Kathryn – Oh man, sorry for the rough day yesterday. Sounds like a sit down is necessary. I hope the sick pup made it through the night!! Aww. Poor buddy! I don’t know how you do it..I would cry at work a lot if I did what you do!

Eating some lunch and then heading out! Will let everyone know! I guess if you don't hear from me then you'll know I failed. LOL.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi everyone. I've been MIA because I've been pouting about my runs. I will try to do better with posting.

Anyway,  rest day today. This weekend sawmy first long running weekend.  5 and then 10 and then 20.

Not quite sure what this week will bring me

Have a great day

I hope everyone is looking forward to paczki's tomorrow. I know that I am.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I passed with “above average” score!!!