Womens Running

Really Tired Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 23 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K easy with Sam and then physio this morning.  I can't wait to be Grastoned and ART-d to death, I need it so badly.

TR - finally figured out the Hot Wheels store = Target.  We drove past and he said, "Hot Wheels store, there it is!"  I have NO idea how he made that connection, we have never shopped for Hot Wheels at Target.  Tried to leave after 20 min of music class and he glued onto me like a leech.  When another mom left I tried to leave with her and B and her kid were both at the door screaming MOMMY! but the teacher said after he calmed down, he paid much better attention than when I was there.  I KNEW IT. Peed at daycare lady's house!

FR - chicken pie, salad.  Happy to report no excessive farting after my one reasonable portion of kale salad at lunch yesterday.  I tried dino kale instead of the regular kind, maybe that makes a difference?

NRR - Ernie & S might stop by to pick up the shirt on their way home from Niagara this morning.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 9 mi. w. 2x2tempo - not a good run, for a number of reasons.

NRR - need a nap today!

FR - pork chops and Szechuan noodles - didn't make this yesterday

KR - I NEED to get DS to sleep in his own bed all night long.  His bedroom is in the basement and lately he has been coming into our bed in the middle of the night and I am too tired to walk him back downstairs.

Zorbs - Hope physio goes well!  Where do you go?  Yay for music class success - sometimes tough love is the best thing.

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER/RR - nope, see TR

TR - up at 4:15 crying.. went in and rocked her but she wouldn't sleep, so DH went in and almost had her sleeping but she started crying again, so he brought her into our bed.  She settled down but couldn't sleep... eventually he had to bring her back to her room, she started with the tears again when he left and we tried to let her CIO but that didn't work.  He had so sit in the chair and let her sleep on him, which is where she was when I left for work.  Conclusion is she's sick, b/c she only acts this way when she's under the weather.  It's going to be a long day for all of us.

NRR - tired b/c of TR...  heading to Costco after work... 3 items on my list, let's see if I can make it out of there with only those 3 items..

zorbs -  good luck at the physio place... it's funny how kids think they want us around but when we leave, they actually do better without us..

eh - we don't want to start the habit of letting C sleep in our bed... i hope you can get DS to sleep in his own room quickly!

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Another walk with the kids.  I beat 2 of them yesterday.  Would love to tell them to run or be off the team...but thats not the Middle School spirit!

TR:  Hit me last night in front of DH.  Got a time out for it.  Other than that incident, he was actually pretty good.

NRR:  Just another day of the grind.  Not much to report.

FR:  DH made baked chicken and green bean casserole for dinner last night and ti was delicious.

PGR:  38 weeks.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - I go to Burlington Sports Therapy, it's on Harvester just west of Walkers.

cx2 - the clothes at Costco have a habit of jumping into my cart unannounced.

mer - I don't know how appropriate it would be to say this to middle schoolers, but I think the proper reply would be, "how can you let the walking pregnant lady beat you?"  I used a similar line when I was full term pg and still training clients.  I'd do planks with them and say you can't let the 9 months pregnant lady beat you.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

strollermama

I don't really have time to post but I just wanted to say I miss all of you who don't post on FB!!  Hope everyone is doing great!

Mer - 38 weeks already??  Woohoo!!  There will be a new supermom baby soon!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

L e e l a

RR - SRD, but I'm doing Pilates and getting on the reformer for the first time in years. Hooray!

RR2 - So, I am really seriously looking at the M2B marathon for the late spring. Who else would be up for a Supermom meet-up for the race?

DHR/NRR - Sooooo, DH got home yesterday and told me the executive team at his company decided they want to send him to get his executive MBA. We feel it's an opportunity he can't pass up even though it will mean more time away from me and B over the 20 months or so of the program. So we are starting the process of looking at programs and figuring out the best fit for him and our family. One top executive MBA program, though, is Kenan-Flagler at UNC which isn't that far away and would be manageable. It's big news for our family, though a bit stressful to think about since he already travels so much. The 30s are definitely a difficult stage trying to balance career trajectory with small children.

TR - This morning at drop-off for school was just a lip quiver as she was getting out of her car seat rather than full-blown tears. I hope that means she'll do okay in the classroom.

FR - Frittata and zucchini pancakes.

runnergirl9508

quick post for me, hope to be back later for personals.

RR: just finished a lovely hilly 5.6 miles. It was 38* when I started, probably should have worn gloves. And yes, I wore shorts. Wink  Core in a bit. No class this week.

TR: happy boy today. Taking him to get a pumpkin in a little bit, then we will paint it.

NRR/WorkR: so, I'm a per diem employee, which means I work as needed. For the past year (since I switched from FT to PD) they have been ok with me scheduling personal training clients 2-3 days a week. It's a max of 6hrs weekly. Well, yesterday the director J pulled me into my boss E's office and said that I'm no longer allowed to train unless its during a scheduled shift. Some crap about the budget, which I hardly think that the 4hrs a week at $30 an hr really is killing them. Also that it's not "fair" to the other ex phys I work with. So, they sent out a freaking email to all my clients telling them that they needed to use up their sessions with me by the end of the year, then offered them 3 free sessions to figure out which trainer they would want to work with next. It stings, it really does. Don't they rrealize that these clients chose ME out of the 6 others because they wanted ME to train them?! I know at least one of the ladies will go with me to my friends studio.

Sorry to be a downer today, I feel like the dog tthat keeps getting kicked when its down.  Sad

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

LOL on the hot wheels store Zorbs, that is too funny.

Mer:  Woohoo! Getting closer!  I have to laugh at fact that you beat 2 of them Smile

Eh!: Last night I flipped out and sent C back to his.  Why won't this kid just sleep!

Cx2:  Awe, poor babe.  Hope she feels better soon.

Leela:  I am looking at M2B but not sure what the spring may hold for us yet.  I need to make sure DH is on break from school or he will a super grouch if I go.

and for me

NRR:  One aunt goes home from the hospital and another goes in.  I feel super guilty because I am over 7 hours away from them and haven't seen them in years.  DH is pushing me to go home but bossman couldn't careless and bosslady is like  "what?  you want to take time off?"  Ugh.  I shouldn't beat myself up about it.

RR:  trying for 4 tonight but we are super busy.

FR:  Grilled chicken and asparagus.

TR:  a monster lately.  playdate with his buddy today though since DH is out of town and it is his day to take C after school.

beckykay

Boo RG, that stinks Sad

armmama

RR - 5 miles this morning.  Love cutback weeks.

BR - loving all his new toys he got for his birthday.  MIL gave him a Packers hoodie and he looks so adorable in it, but DH is a Vikings fan so I don't think he'll let L wear it too much.

KR - girls had their first swimming practice last night.  They're worked a lot harder here, not sure they're going to like it.  We'll give it a chance though.

FR - zucchini enchiladas last night were so delicious, I need to make more and freeze some.  I think DH is worried I'm going to become a vegetarian because I'm reading Eat and Run and making more meatless meals lately.   Turkey chili and homemade bread tonight.

NRR - my mom is leaving this morning.  I ran errands all morning yesterday while she cleaned all my bathrooms and vacuumed my whole house and did my laundry.  It was awesome.

zorbs - I'm glad the PTing is going so well!  Have fun at the physio, I need to go to a chiro myself.

eh - sorry your run wasn't that great this morning, but you are doing awesome with your training.  Also sorry about the middle of the night company, I've been through that with my kids and always let t hem stay in our bed because I'm too tired to get up.

cx2 - we finally have a costco near us and I need to go there and check it out one of these days!  I hope she feels better and lets you get some sleep tonight!

mer - yay for beating 2 of your kids!  Wow 38 weeks!!  are you working up until you have the baby?

leela - good luck with the decision about the MBA.  When DH has an opportunity like that we usually go for it because it's best in the long run. Still makes for a difficult 1-2 years though.

rg - ugh, I'm so sorry about the work thing.  Will your clients talk to you about other options rather than going with another trainer?  The way they handled that sucks though.  I am so lost figuring out what to wear when the weather is colder than what I'm used to.  I think about you a lot in the mornings when I get up and think, now what would rg wear in this weather?  ha.  I should probably dig out my headband and gloves because I think I'm going to need them in the near future.

becky - sorry about your aunts.  I hope you can figure out a way to see them.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8k w/ the middle 5 as some sort of tempo, not sure if I'll do it continuous or in repeats.

BR - almost 18 lbs, at the same %'s as always.   Vaccines tomorrow.

TR - starting to get possessive of her things when O plays w/ them... I know it's just the beginning!

NRR - I think we might go to the zoo today, the weather is starting to turn so there won't be many nice days left to go.

FR - meatballs w/ sweet and sour sauce.  I'm planning on making up a bunch of extra meatballs to freeze too, they are easy to pop in the slow cooker for the day.  Turkey meatloaf yesterday was v good.  DH liked it as did the kids, plus it had shredded carrot in it.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - maybe the target logo looks like a wheel to him? I think the type of kale does make a difference to the excessive farting.

r-eh - Sorry the run didn't go well Sad Ugh on DS joining you in bed... M very rarely joins us but even though her room is right next door it's so hard to go put her back to bed!

cx2 - that stinks that you had such an early morning! Even if you do only buy 3 things it'll still be $100, so you might as well give in Smile

mer - yum on your FR! I love fall cooking. Those kids should be ashamed! Maybe you should just start wearing a shirt that has a message them to them like 'you were just passed by a pregnant woman'

stroller - waves!

leela - my dh has been thinking of getting his designation (CMA or similar) but it seems like we hardly have any time as it is, especially

once I'm working again. Glad the drop off was better this morning!

RG - mmm love the fall cool weather! I'd be wearing shorts too, no questions there. UGH on the work situation. I hope you can convince all your clients to continue training with you. I'd offer them a couple free sessions at your friends studio too just to compete w/ them.

becky - sorry about your aunt, it's hard to be away from family during hard times. Hows the ankle?

arm - lol on the sports hoodie, my dh is the same way... I could care less. What's the zucchini enchilada recipe? Can your mom come to my house?!? My mom never is that helpful, she'll do a few things but she isn't as helpful as my MIL.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Planning to go after work. We'll see if I can find my mojo.

TR: Woke up from 3:30-5 am FML. Also pooped in his underwear right when I was picking him up from daycare, so I got to swish turds out of his underwear in the toilet at her house.

FR: Taco salad last night. Maybe corn chowder tonight? Or steak and cumin roasted potatoes.

NRR: Daycare is closed W-F. R is going to his godmother's tomorrow and then is home with DH Thursday and Friday. I find he appreciates me more after he spends all day at home with R.   Hair cut today, finally.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

spike- bummer on daycare being closed for the rest of the week. glad that you have a backup for R. oooh, big change for your haircut, or just a trim? mmm, I love cumin- I put it in my guacamole. I hope you're able to get a good run in after work, I take it the weather has cooled back down a bit?

CA- i'm planning to undercut prices by a decent amount, and offer a few incentives to my current clients. i'm hoping to "steal" some of the members away from my current gym when I leave, just b/c I feel like being like that Wink I hope you guys are able to get to the zoo. Incredibly jealous of your trip to Banff, it's on my bucket list of places to go! O seems like such a happy, easy baby, glad the dr apt went well. how was the new dr?

armmama- nice job on your run this morning. cutback weeks are awesome Smile  I LOVE toddlers in hoodies- cutest thing ever. I hope the girls enjoy swim lessons. mmm, your FR sounds yummy, can you post a recipe if you get a chance? thanks! wow, your mom sounds just like mine- she comes out here and does my laundry, cleans up a bit, plus watches R so I can go running, do errands, etc. i'm planning to offer my clients a big deal on training with me at my friend's studio.

Becky- aw, I am sorry to hear about your aunts. I hope they both have quick and easy recoveries. i'd tell bossman that you have a family emergency and NEED to go. maybe he'll let you have Thurs/Fri off so you can go for a long weekend. hugs, being that far from family is tough.

leela- do you have a reformer? I've always been curious to try one out, but fear it would end badly, lol. woohoo, that race sounds and looks so pretty! WOW, what an opportunity for your DH, that's fantastic. Good luck with the program hunt, and all that entails. sounds like B is doing better with preschool.

stroller- HEY! I miss you on here too! I read all the FB posts every day, but I have a hard time keeping up with both places.

Mer: 38 weeks, wow! how did the interview go yesterday with the potential sub? yikes on hitting you, that stinks. nice that your DH cooks dinner for you! hahaha that you beat two of the "runners" walking yesterday. i'd be ashamed if I were those kids. I was teaching all of my normal Group Exercise classes right up until I had R at 37w4d, and still doing most of the exercises in core class. there were many people who would shake their heads and say "I can't believe a pregnant woman can do xyz exercise and I can't." Keep up the good work! And thanks again for your kind message yesterday.

Cx2- ugh, rough on the early wake up with C, that stinks. hopefully she's better today. Is your half this weekend or next? lol on only 3 items, i'm that way at Target- it's so hard to walk out of there without anything extra!

reh- sorry the tempo run was rough today, hope your next run is better! oooh I hope you get a nap later today. ugh on DS climbing into your bed. I think i'd be much the same though re: not getting up to put him back b/c i'm too tired.

zorbs-sounds like B is doing well at music class! have fun with ernie and S today! lol on the kale- at least it didnt' keep you up last night. hope the physio apt goes well!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08