Womens Running

Winter Like WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Cloudy..cold...no leaves on the trees anymore. I love it!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.5 for me! THATS A WRAP!

Good run but I would have rather slept in. I get to sleep in the next two days though! WOOHOO! Rest mode until Saturday. Am I ready? I dont really know. My legs were like cement this morning..but I think that was from Body Pump yesterday and the double on Monday. I have a bit of a shin splint too. TAPER NIGGLES. I was running at pace this morning so maybe they are ready? Normal nerves for me.

Temperature dropped AGAIN for Saturday. I have a plan. I am going to layer up big time and shed most of it at the start line. I may go with short sleeve and just use some of HCBF's socks to be arm warmers until I can shed them. I may just go with the long sleeve. Either way...21 now at the start. OH BOY. I am NOT going to complain! PANTS FOR SURE.

The next couple days are going to be crazy. We have executives here today and I have a dinner tonight, tomorrow I have plans after work with a girlfriend, Friday I have to go downtown to pick up my bib and CAKE...then we are doing sushi that evening. THEN RACE DAY! Whew. I will be glad when it is all over Smile

Kilmisters – Speaking of water management – I thought of you last week when I was doing my 12 miler..I remember how you said you like when it gets cooler because you don’t have to tote around water. ME TOO! I didn’t have to bring any last week! And no, HCBF isn’t attempting to make any changes. I send him job opportunities all the time but he makes no effort. My job sucks, not as bad as his – but I check those ads daily and apply when I can. I guess that is another reason I am a bit annoyed with him. Hope you got some rest last night!

Run4kupcakes – LOL at the snot rockets. And you are right – running in the cold is better than staring at the wall. Is your closet Ikea Potomac Mills?

HuronHeart – Blah on paying bills. With you on the day is never long enough! I hope they find a replacement for you so you can retire! HMMM I may check the Athelta ones out. I love pockets too…I am assuming they don’t slide down? I am willing to pay a high price if they fit well. YES find the TOTS!! They are really good.

Okay. Off to prep for these executives. Did I mention they are hot? Don't have to twist my arm for drinks tonight. LOL.

LC Runs

3 on the TM.  Looking forward to outside runs this weekend!

Kupcakes - LOL on the snot rockets, I need to practice mine!

Huron - so hoping you get to  retire at the end of the year!

Lizzie - holy moly, your race is so close!  I don't mind running in the cold but I hate the waiting for the race to start because my toes and fingers freeze and then are numb half of the race!  Nice run this morning!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, there is an Ikea in White Marsh, maybe 10 minutes from my house.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – YESSSS completely agree about the toes and fingers! That is my biggest con for cold races. I don’t mind the fingers as much as the toes..its hard to run when you can’t feel your toes. LOL. I am considering putting some feet warmers in there and then taking them out before we start. Why no outside runs this week?! So weird its daylight so early now.

Send me some of that winter like weather!!!  Still very steamy here.  Foggy and near 100% humidity.  Enough !!! Just walked the pups w DF and did a little core.

DD took a box of donuts to school.  On the top she had a note "Please eat! I don't want to be the only one with a big belly. Love, Coach P" and an ultrasound pic!  Funny way to tell your coworkers.

Tessa--sorry about the kitty.  But -- look at all the healthy ones you have fostered.  Smile

Karen--Surprise party sounds great!!  Well worth the trip indeed.  Get out there and enjoy that cool weather!!

So...we have wedding date, church, reception ball room booked.Whew!  On our way. I am a terrible procrastinator and want to change that.

Back to work.  Ugh.  I hope boss doesn't think I am working over the weekend again.

threedayweekend threedayweekend threedayweekend....

Seloc

HH – ooooh, the end of the year is coming quickly!  Fingers crossed for a capable replacement soon!  Groceries – worst chore ever, IMO.  I actually tried out having them delivered this week.  Local store was doing free delivery.  It felt indulgent but I LOVED it!  And those cauliflower tots are worth looking for.

HCK – true, cold trumps dreadmill.  LOL – I commented to Diane earlier in the day she needed to learn how to farmer blow!!

Elina – oh, is anyone’s job ever completely secure these days?  Honestly, though, I don’t think it’s that.  It’s more the bossman likes to be involved in the high profile events.  And when he’s not and they go well, he gets insecure.  It’s ridiculous, really, as I could care less.  I WISH it would have been him on the call until 1:30am…

Lizzie – oh, goodness, no pressure on the marathon just because we are watching!  Silly girl.  I’m already in awe of your finish time and you haven’t even finished haha.  You will be awesome.  I wish I could hop in a jet and come cheer you on in person!  High five for sharing your feelings!  Look at you being all growed up hee hee.  Relationshipping IS hard.  But, you are killin it.  Oh!  So I bought a pair of the ON capris yesterday online.  They were only $20, have a drawstring in the waist AND a zipper pocket on the back waistband.  Will let you know how they are!  “That’s a wrap!”  I love it!  Another killer training cycle.  Socks as arm warmers at the start is an AWESOME idea!  Have fun with the big wigs tonight!  Glad you get to sleep in the next 2 days.  Perfect evenings for social events.  Plus, being busy will keep your mind off the race, right?

Laura – good job on the dreadmill this morning, as always.  Has basketball started for you?  Any weekend plans?

Sue – OMG that is an absolutely ADORABLE way for DD to announce her news to her colleagues!!  I love it!!  Ooooh, exciting getting everything booked!!  You made short work of that!!

Well, woke up with a tight chest and stuffy head.  Not horrible but it sure explains all the sleep!!  Let’s hope my body has been working extra hard to fight it off and it’ll be short-lived.  Another 9+ hours last night with a nap thrown in.  I thought I may fall asleep early so set my alarm to watch This Is Us (it comes on at 8pm LOL) but there was NO WAY I was waking up for that.  Would have fallen asleep during the first commercial break.  So, that’s what’s on tap for this afternoon.  Happy Hump Day!

Kilmisters

Lizzie, YES, it's amazing! Below freezing temps last night. And I don't have to drive to work = get up 10mins earlier just to scrape frost off the windshield = win. Judging from weather forecast 50+degree weather isn't coming back. It was about time. Less issues w ''what to wear'' dilemma. That's sad about HCBF's situation; he must have some reasons he's not telling you, otherwise it makes no sense. Ha, I feel your taper madness from across the ocean Big grin

Another busy day. K woke me up at 5am, so I just made some coffee and tackled the Excels, as data for previous day is added to data cubes at midnight. So, some superearly emails again Big grin It's 4pm and not even nearly done, but to-do-list looks a bit less awful. A bit. No way I could manage this w/o this job being so endlessly entertaining (no sarcasm).

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ginnyb

I ran today!!!!  Just 3 miles, but hopefully I will keep it up.  Didn't feel the greatest, but wasn't the worst I have ever felt either.  Was supposed to work out with trainer, but he cancelled, so decided today was the day.

Lizzie.....wow your race is coming up so fast!  Weather actually sounds pretty perfect, except as you mentioned, the standing around waiting for the start, that is the worst.  I know you are going to kill it Liz!

kupcakes....my nose runs like a faucet whenever I run, I try to remember to take one of DH's handkerchiefs, but more often than not I forget. Was it you who mentioned you wear a wrist band for the purpose of wiping nose?  Great idea, I am going to try that.

Sue...way to get a jump on the wedding!  I forgot, did you set a date?

Sandy...oh dear, hope you fight off whatever it is!  I love This is Us.  I record and watch the next day.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Brrrr, it is chilly here too....  54.  Time for some fleece and hat/gloves.  Wink  (I will actually wear a fleece shirt under my scrub top to work...)

Lizzie, sounds like a busy few days.  Good to help with taper madness.  21 at the start, that is madness.

Laura, hope you get some time outside miles in this weekend.

HK, I can't manage snot rockets.  That is what shirts sleeves are for.  Not very feminine either.

Sue, didn't you have a productive wedding day yesterday!!!  Next up...  the DRESS!!!

Sandy, I missed the cauliflower tots...  Sound good.  This Is Us was good.  I love that show.  Always makes me weepy...

Elina, 5am isn't too bad to be woken up by the little one.

Ginny, yay for the miles today!!  On the runny nose, there is actually some snot rag/wrist thingie that you can buy.  Granted, DH's hankie is just as easy!

Karen, what a wonderful party for your father.  My Mom turns 80 next fall.  Crazy.  Hope you are getting some runs in OK.  Safe travels back.

Tessa, so sorry about the kitten.  That is hard.

Cathy, good job on the early elliptical yesterday.  Same today???

Kathy, how nice you are going to be retiring...

Diane, that would be fun if you did Louisiana.  It is a nice race with a fab after party!  Plus just being in LA (Baton Rouge) for the food is yummy.  BEST beignet place near where I stayed when I did it.  How is Jasmine????

No run this morning.  54 and threatening rain, no thanks.  I wasn't planning on going today anyway, so no biggie.

I am a silly girl, I signed up for a trail half on Dec 2nd.  Smile  I just can't resist these damned things.  New race this year, so we shall see.  Still by the same great race company though.

Going into work an hour early.  One of the techs has to give a presentation to the groomers on what we do and needed reinforcement.  I like her and she was super nervous, so I am being nice.  That and there is lunch...

Happy Humpin' everyone.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Quick hello from me!  MIA, as usual.  Have a nasty cold/cough so I haven't been running.  I always pick up these bugs when traveling, ugh.

Lizzie, good call on going with layers on Saturday.  I frequently use my DH's tube socks for disposable arm warmers.  Just cut off the toes.  For stuff you don't need later but don't want to throw away, like gloves, you could tuck them in the waist-band of your shorts (careful if you put them in the back and then use the bathroom since the gloves might end up, well, you can imagine where).

Seloc, oh no, hope you get over the bug soon!  I've been sleeping a lot, but not good sleep.  Interrupted by coughing fits, even with night-time cold medicine.

Kat, woohoo on the 12/2 trail half!

Kilmisters, interesting hearing about the competitive issues you're dealing with from the big chain stores.  I used to work in antitrust law (unfair competition).

Hi to CrazySue, Kupcakes, Ginny, and everyone else.

For anyone interested in Pinelands in May next year, I started a separate thread.  I'll probably book a hotel room soon, just since it doesn't look like there are enough of us going to do an AirBnB and there aren't a ton of options for accommodations.  But open to discussion on this!

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/womens/forum/dcb27876430b4a2cb92907d43d61fb85/resume#focus

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Frosty here this morning!  25 and sunny but no wind so it felt nice.  I thought about getting up and doing the elliptical, but I don't want to get too crazy.    We don't have to walk the dogs tomorrow, so I will be able to do it tomorrow night.  Did my PF stretching/strengthening this morning, will do core later.  DD picked Olive Garden for her bday dinner.  They gave her a chocolate mousse cake slice for dessert.  Yum!    There will be 5 girls coming to her sleepover on Saturday.  Not too many, but enough.  

Lizzie, we still have lots of leaves on our trees.  We didn't get the usual fall colors either.  Weird!  Yay on finishing your training!    I am all set to track you.  You can imagine me stalking you during the race.    You have a busy few days!   Haha, your hips are fine.  Athleta capris are nice, but pricey.  They do last though!  I like the big side pockets, my phone fits.

Laura, nice TM run!  Waiting in the cold for a race to start is the worst.  That's why I hate doing winter races.  

Sue, wow, you are doing well on the wedding planning.  So when is the date?  

Sandy, hope you are not too sick!  DD has been sick.  I watch This is Us with DD's.  Their first "grown-up" show.    They had that scene last week with Kate in bed with the guy from the restaurant.  Younger DD looked confused.  She said, "Why are they sleeping together?  Well, I guess sleep is an important thing in life."    I really did not want to get into it.    Older DD is the one that likes Mexican and drinking horchata.  

Elina, 5 AM is not too bad.  Though that seems pretty early for you!     Well, that indoor marathon isn't as bad as you think... the track is actually 443m.    We each did 2 laps at a time (4 person team).  There was an ankle timer that we had to switch.  So we each ran about 12 times.  2 laps was a good number, you had to run kind of fast and you didn't have to wait too long to run again.  We finished in about 3:25.  For the low number of miles it was hard on the legs.  It's hard to run and then cool down and run again!

Ginny, yay for 3 miles!  

Kat, haha 54 is pretty chilly.    I figured I would rest today instead of getting up early for elliptical.  Don't want to do too much all at one time.  

Hi Margaret!  Hope you are feeling better soon.  I have heard that it's easy to get sick on planes.

HH-Kathy, here is a short video about DD's orthodontic appliance:  https://youtu.be/hAb_eHRVFOA  It's not supposed to be painful but she said something about it pinching her mouth.  It looks like it would be really hard to get used to!

Kupcakes, I did the snot rocket thing for the first time this year.  

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

R4k - NO just NO as Elina would say on the snot rockets...just something I have no desire to learn how to do.

Lizzie, have fun at dinner with the hotties.  Sorry BF isn't willing to come back and Ruger sit. I know its hard to leave them in their crate but remember for a dog if you aren't using the crate as punishment to them it's their den.  I have a couple of dogs who like to lay in they crate even with the doors open and they can come out.  For them it's a safe place.

Laura, it's my fingers I can't stand being cold.  It's hard to grab something when your hands are frozen, toes I can deal with.

Kathy/HH, I've got most of my bills on autopay, I don't have many so it's easy to do that.  Every time I get paid I just deposit money into my ROTH and pay the CC.

Sue, my dad's not happy about the warmness and the humidity, it makes his breathing harder.

Somebody in IT brought in chocolate chip cookies...so much for healthy eating this month...lol.

Karen, I'm so happy you could be there for your dad's birthday and it sounds like everyone had a good time.

Sandy I hope you get over the "cold" soon.

Elina, I'm not a therapist but it's possible Lizzie's BF suffers from anxiety....he's probably afraid of change, his job is a constant albeit annoying habit and he's reluctant to find another.  Personally, and this is just my opinion, but if Lizzie stopped sending job postings and complaining he might do it on his own.  Some people, and I'm one, get stubborn the more someone close tells me "I should" do this or that, at that point I get what I call "muley" and refuse to do anything.  I know she means well and just wants him to be happy.

Ginny, I've been a slug lately.  I was "supposed" to do 3 miles yesterday but went home and ate some potato chips instead.  It's like I find whatever excuse I can to avoid doing any exercise except the squats and lunges.

Kat, Baton Rouge would also be close enough I could go down to visit my parents and brother.  My dad will be 82 and my mom is 81 so I want to visit all I can while I can.  I'm trying to do the 2018 races within a 3 hour drive and minimize PTO usage just in case.  I made a list of the ones in OK, MO, AR, and KS and want to pick ones I've not done yet.  Jasmine is doing better.  Vet gave her some meds and she is venturing out more but is still very timid.  She was playing with the tag on a blanket this morning so I'm hopeful.

Margaret hope you get over the ick soon, also.

Did my mammogram this morning...what fun...and mailed in my poop sample...lol.  Wish I could be there when the lab opens those just to watch the reaction.  I'm going to try and get some walking in today...I just haven't felt like it lately.  I also ordered one of those gratitude journals, hoping that helps.

I did a rough estimate of how much Pinelands will cost me and it came up to around $1100.  DH and I have been discussing budgets and whether or not we can afford for me to max my 401k and live off his salary so that one is now up in the air.  I can do just that one or pick several others closer to home a lot cheaper.  Also they are working on the budget and I'm not sure when or if we'll have to go to any off site training.  I need 40 hours of CPE a year and I really don't want to pay for any of it.

Anyway, waves to everyone, and have a happy hump day.

Seloc

Ginny – high five on the run!  Woohoo for getting out there.  I love This Is Us, too.  It’s my favorite right now!  It may very well be my 2nd favorite show all time – right behind Parenthood.  I miss that one for sure.

Kat – yeah, This Is Us gives ya all the feels.  Oooh, you must try the cauliflower tots – Lizzie turned me on to them.  They are good!  Look at you signing up for a trail half on the 2nd.  Sounds fun!  I was perusing stuff here for motivation but not much out there in these winter months.  You are sweet to go in early to support your coworker!

Hi Gatsby!  Ugh on the cough interrupting your sleep!  Hope you can kick it to the curb stat.  How does that coughing feel on your mid-section?

Cathy – haha that’s funny about DD’s question on Kate sleeping with that dude last week.  I like your answer!  Definitely too much to get into in the middle of a show.  Ahhhh the innocence of youth.  I know I was super naïve but it’s hard to remember that!  I still smile at my 19 year old nephew when it comes to some things he says.  Not yet jaded by the world haha  Oh yes!  I knew one of the girls like horchata.  Oh my – I watched the youtube video about the appliance – it looks like it would be annoying!  Good luck with the sleepover – 5 sounds manageable??  NOT speaking from experience whatsoever haha

Diane – LOL on your emphatic NO on snot rockets/farmer blow.  And, yeah, so glad I read your post while eating LUNCH – or not.  Ewwww.  Please forgive me for “eavesdropping” on your shout to Elina but those comments may have been more useful directed at Lizzie rather than anyone else.  Reading it (again, my bad for doing so!) felt like I was overhearing a conversation I shouldn’t have.

Karen – did I spy flip flops in your FB pics??  For one: brrrr haha  and two: hope they are supportive flip flops!!

Going downhill quickly so headed home shortly to lie on the couch.  You know, something new!  Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy yes I was replying to Elina but the subject matter was Lizzie and her BF and his job situation.  Course it's just my opinion and can be taken as just that.