Womens Running

YAY YAY ITS FRIYAY! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

4.5 this morning.  It was a bit windy when I started and was looking like it was going to just let loose and pour.  The wind really picked up but the rain didn't start until after I got home.  When I got home I heard there was a wind advisory, up to 60 mph winds.  I guess that's why it felt windy!     I was coming home from walking DD to the school bus and one of our neighbors was standing outside his garage blowing snot rockets onto his driveway.  Really?  You can't go inside and use a tissue?

Lizzie, nice night long run!    I don't know, the 60 degree weather feels pretty darn good to me!  Though it was really humid this morning.  The weather should be nice for Puma Palooza, high of 76!  Though back to a high of 58 on Sunday with rain.  I'm glad that you had a good talk with Mammel.  Good for you for speaking your mind!  Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend planned for you, enjoy!

Ginny, glad you got a good run in!

Lisa, it makes me happy that you are happy!    Wow, nice that your DD will be going to Europe also!  If one of my DD's eventually go overseas then I will have to find a way to tag along.  

Judy, scurrying rodent, eh?    That's great that you can still be very active while the foot heals!

Damaris, enjoy the rest!

Laura, a month in Italy?  That sounds awesome!

Sandy, the Derby party sounds like fun!  You accomplished a lot!  Yep, more rain for us today but it's supposed to get sunny later today.  This morning it was sunny for about 10 minutes, while it was raining.  That always seems so weird.     I'm probably going to do an elliptical working tomorrow morning, since I will be standing around while volunteering for Puma Palooza.  Then do a longish run on Sunday.  Long for me, which would be about 6 miles.    Hey, we would notice if you were kidnapped by aliens!  Sorry about that RB cancelling.  Very inconsiderate of her.  Nothing at all to do with you!   I may get a new bike this weekend.  DH decided that he was going to give my bike to older DD.  She's been riding it.  So now I don't have a bike.  

Karen, hope you are better today!

Sue, sounds like you need to do an eval for your boss!

Elina, DD wanted me to read your advice to her again last night.    I showed her some video of floorball.  Her team won 6-1 so she was pumped!  It is a coed team.

Kat, I am so sorry!  I hope you hear something soon.  

Cathy

Woot Woot, lost my job!!  Woot woot, how nice.  They eliminated our positions here in SA and Houston.  They are going to try to "transition" us into other opportunities.  Lovely.

Storming out.

K

Oh geez Kat. WTF?!  That’s crappy, I’m really sorry.

Seloc, also popping in to say I’m sorry your friend gave you the runaround about meeting up. You are OUR priority!

Is it Friday the 13th?

will try to stop by later to catch up with everyone else.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Just popping in to say I went to packed pick up and now the pre-race stress is fully on Big grin You did it. You all did it. It took year and a half (I think) but you brought me to the world of trail running Big grin

Kat, that sucks... Was it out of the blue or sort of expected?

Cathy, glad to hear DD's team won! The advice was only half serious. Half serious in the sense that on the rink we do what I wrote there but didn't expect you to transfer the knowledge to DD Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat I'm sorry to hear that altho I know ou weren't really excited there and you kind of expected it.  Any leads for a new job?

Good lord Sue, she's text book passive aggressive...what a douche she is. Perhaps the Pinelands group can drop in on her while they are up there..jk.

As slow as I am I still walked a half in a little over 3 and a half hours. And I was far from last. You do it.  And yes your thigh pain is probably back related.  I've learned a lot of my own anatomy thanks to my deer encounter.

Lizzie I'll bet you will be happy to not get up in the 3 am range.

Lisa enjoy the weekend with DD.

Judy glad to hear you can still do stuff even if you can't run.

Laura, enjoy the massage.  Nice DD is home for a bit.  I did a humanities tour of europe when I was in college...really loved Florence.  My DD spent a month in Cambridge.

Sandy sorry about your missed coffee meeting.  I don't have any local friends so I don't have any plans with anyone usually and always double check if I do make some with my friend in Tulsa before driving down.  She has horses too and sometimes emergencies come up. And yes we'd certainly miss you.

Speaking of missing...anyone hear from Diana (AZ trail runner) lately?

I was going to work a half day today but slept in instead.  I am packed and will leave in just a little bit. Hoping for a sub 10 hours but it'll be hot and I'm not expecting much.  It's an experiment to see if I can do big miles 2 weeks apart.  I looked and I've averaged 27 mpw since Jan with a 40 mpw as my longest...with no race in that one.

Good luck Elina.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Thanks for the thoughts all.  I am surprised, but not shocked.  It really had some great benefits.  After the interview with the other place, I realized I had it pretty good.  They are talking options for us, we just don't know what.  Time will tell.  And it better not be too long.  We need to figure shit out NOW.  Nothing preventing me from moving either...  Maybe Austin, maybe Vegas to be closer to my mother.  She is getting lonely, even with her husband around.  Who knows.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woot Woot, lost my job!!  Woot woot, how nice.  They eliminated our positions here in SA and Houston.  They are going to try to "transition" us into other opportunities.  Lovely.

Storming out.

K

Oh, no!  I'm sorry. Sad

Hope you find something quickly.  That's annoying to have it done without advanced notice.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, we have until July 2nd, so some time.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Elina, I don't think DD is going to try using your advice.    Good luck on your trail race!

Good luck to Diane also!

I contacted Diana to see if she was safe from the tinder fire in AZ.  She is fine, though air quality is not good!  She has a marathon this weekend.  I think she is planning on checking in after her marathon.

Almost forgot we have racers this weekend!

Good luck to Kilmisters, DHuff, and Diana!

I’m volunteering at Miwok 100k trail race tomorrow.  Have some friends running it, RC is doing an aid station. Looking forward to it!

Woohoo for the trail running dark side!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Sue - I wonder if she keeps rescheduling because she's not done with it.  How does someone like that become a boss?

Lisa - awesome about your DD!!  What are you doing for her phone (international plan).  We have Verizon if that makes a difference.

Kat - UGHHHH, I am so sorry.  Glad you have some options, though.

Cathy - nice 4.5!  I had no issues with the wind but it has picked up significantly this afternoon.

Diane - good luck!!

Hi Margaret and Elina!

Off to the grocery store, at least I will have some company!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good ladies!

Hoping Diana is OK.  Bad air quality and a marathon are not fun!

Damaris

Seloc

Kat - oh my goodness, I am sooooo sorry!!  I wish I could hop in my private jet and come visit you this weekend.  For real!  I'd cheer you on tomorrow.  That said, what do you think about me visiting for real?  I'm thinking about going to see my friend in Austin one weekend in June / possibly over the 4th.  Tickets are only $208 direct!  Would hope to pop down and see you (ahem DRINK WINE ahem) for an afternoon or something.  Thinking of you!  Have fun tomorrow!

Lisa - awwww thanks for the kind words.  I know it wasn't intentional but, it sure does make me feel like crap.  I have, I think, potentially drummed up something so we'll see.  Though I put less faith in these people.  But, the upside of that is it doesn't bum me out when they cancel since they do it ALL THE TIME.  LOL how dare those runners get in the way tomorrow!!

Laura - awww you are sweet.  OMG what your friend did is the ULTIMATE in rudeness!!  I just don't GET people??  How is that EVER okay??  How can you FORGET??  Sometimes I feel like maybe I would be happier if I just embraced this ridiculous standard of rudeness and self-centerdness or WHATEVER it is.  That's great you have DD around to accompany you on errands - MUCH better, IMO.  Hope you have an awesome weekend!!

Damaris - that sounds like a KILLER workout!  But, kinda fun, too and I bet it goes fast.

Sue - nice swim and good luck tomorrow!  Ooof, 4mi race sounds TOUGH.  Good luck and I hope it's at least a tiny bit of fun.  That's awesome you have DS in town and the pups!  Sounds like a busy place...  I can't EVEN with your boss...

Cathy - I love seeing you post miles!!  OMG I'm cracking up at your "I guess that's why it felt windy!"  LOL  No doubt, there.  Your neighbor is gross.  Maybe his wife sent him outside?  haha  Oh yeah, the Puma Palooza!  Smart to eliptical tomorrow since you will be on your feet all ay.  Hey, ramping up to 6mi already IS a long run!  Oooooh, fun on the new bike!  Keep us posted on what you get!  I bought myself a new Trek FX a few years ago to replace my hybrid Specialized that I bought in 1991.  Wow, what a difference - it's SOOOO much lighter!

Thanks, Gatsby.  So nice of you to volunteer - I feel like you do that quite a bit!  Good luck to your RBs!

Go get em tomorrow, Elina!!  Then you will be officially a part of the "dark side"  LOL

Diane - good luck tomorrow!!  Will be thinking of you!!

Good luck, Diana!  Stay safe, too!

One more meeting and then it's officially the weekend.  Have a good one, everyone!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I could fall asleep sitting up. Slooowww afternoon. Was able to get out to the grocery store. Of course I didnt even think of DINNER tomorrow night.  I was going to do tacos since it will be Cinco de Mayo!! That just means I have to go back UGH. Not today. Too hot. I even got boob sweat..and I have A's so..uh, that says something. Smile

Ginny – I actually thought of you this morning because I know you thrive in this grossness Smile YAY on getting some miles in. Let us know what the Xray has to say!

Lisa – Awe, yay for DD being home. Love that you already have plans. Oh, introductions? Wink I am happy that you are so happy!! You deserve it. LLOOVVEEE what you said to Sandy. YOUR positivity is infectious!!! Smile

Judy – Be careful of that toe! Hope the yoga helps ease some of that running energy.

Docket – Rest day?! Smile I don’t know how you live where you do..I don’t know how!!

Laura – I was thinking about you this morning! I hope the drama is subsiding at work. I have been seeing a lot of worms too! GROSS. The entire season is just gross. Bees, spiders, worms ugh. Haha. Nice miles! How exciting that DD is home! And Italy?!?!? Ugh, jealous. She will have a blast. Oh yes, I bet your grocery bill goes way down. I was just thinking that mine is going to go up once HCBF is here full time again. It was cheaper cooking for one 5 days a week! Now I have to be creative and think of good things to eat other than eggs. LOL. Enjoy the massage! Jealous. Its always better to have some company during a grocery shop. I sometimes drag HCBF. But then we end up with mac and cheese and other junk food in the cart Smile

Sandy – Wooohoo on upper body workout. I love going hard on the upper body, too. The ache afterwords is awesome. Sometimes after Body Pump I have a hard time brushing my teeth Smile Really cool that you can ride your bike there. You have a busy weekend planned. But it sounds so fun!! I have never been to a Derby party but that sounds like it would be fun…good food and good booze. Awe, I am sorry about your RB cancelling Sad You are not pathetic – you had plans to catch up with a friend, anyone would look forward to that! Sorry Sad I would go in her place if I could! And uhm, we would notice if you were abducted by aliens. Wink I would fly out there and look for you and that damn alien if that happened. You have a fun derby party and a half to look forward too! Just don’t get pulled over Wink  Good luck getting through the meeting!

Kathryn – OMG!!!! I am so sorry!!! Could be a chance to have a new adventure somewhere else??? At least they gave everyone until July 2. Sad HUGS!!!

Susan – I hope you do tell her it is abusive!! Let us know how it goes! You are going to have a full house for a while!

Cathy – Nice windy run this morning. At least you beat the rain! I think my run will be rainy tomorrow..but it will be welcomed with this awful heat. Snot rockets on the driveway? Ew. New bike this weekend? Awesome! And long run!? That is REALLY awesome!! HCBF is counting on Lakefront Marathon for 2019 haha. He just wants to go back there and eat at The King and I. Yay for DD’s floorball team!!! Oh, I have been meaning to ask you..did you ever hear anything back on the DNA thing you did? DD did it too, right?

Margaret – You are right, today hasn’t been very lucky. Have fun volunteering tomorrow! Hope the weather is nice!

Kilmisters – WOOHOOO for almost race time!! I bet you are revved up and ready to go Smile Can’t wait to hear about how it goes!!!

Diane – Good luck tomorrow! Dress light!! You will do great I have a feeling Smile

Diana – Good luck on the marathon tomorrow!! Hope the race isn’t in the bad air quality zone!

Speaking of dressing light..I was in Kohls a few weeks ago and found these tops:

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3103737/womens-tek-gear-performance-base-layer-tank.jsp?color=Abstract%20Purple&prdPV=2

I was actually going to get the Nike ones but they didn’t have the size I wanted. I bought 2 of the above and now may buy more in more colors! I wore it this morning and its so light weight I barely even realized I had a shirt on Smile I got a large but I like my workout tops BAGGY. Sweaty shirts sticking to me is a pet peeve of mine Wink

Burgers tonight! Going to bed kinda early since I have to be at my hair apt by 9am. Its an hour away...

Have a great afternoon/evening!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Finally. Glad that is over with.

Ready for the weekend

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Finally. Glad that is over with.

Ready for the weekend

Did you tell her?  What did she say???

Damaris