Womens Running

Tequila Tuesdays (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I have some in my coffee this morning...

No, not really but I wish!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me this morning. Body pump this afternoon.

Ugh, what a morning! We got some rain yesterday afternoon and some warmer temperatures so all the snow covered roads were gone. I didn't really think about the fact that it would freeze overnight. I got out there and it was like ice skating! I toughed it out for about half a mile then went back home and put on trax. That, of course, woke up Ruger so I had to take him out and etc before I got back out there. Pretty good run besides that. I had to avoid most of the route because the ice was just too thick and I wasn't attempting to run on it even with trax. A LOT of loops this morning. I would have taken it to the dreadmill but I was already dressed for outside..and it was 36! I was loving that part.

We are expected to have clear skies with a high of 48! I am hoping that drys out the roads. I have a longish run with speedwork tomorrow..I don't want to have to take that to the mill. But will if I have too. Blah.

OH speaking of HCBF's job (referring to you Kilmisters) - I don't know if you all remember me saying something about a potential move back to RVA. It is based on if they get this HUGE account here. His company submitted bids back in early December but haven't heard anything since then. Well, they got a call yesterday to do a second presentation this week. That is REALLY good news! I am keeping my fingers crossed!! HCBF and I need some good news in the job world.

Sandy – So, can you still wear a hat with that headlamp? Rubbing something on you to make you reflective? That is strange. I bet that is really hard to scrub off! Weird. How can you tell that you pronate? By your shoe tread? I am curious Smile St Paul Winter Carnival?! Is that some big thing that happens there? Smile $800,000 for a winter palace. Good lord. I wonder how much admission is.

Margaret – LOL at “Team Artichoke” LOL. Nice miles yesterday! You are on a roll and I feel like you are BACK Smile What is your birds name? I know you have mentioned it before but I forget.

Kilmisters – I think of you often and how you left your job based on 0 challenges. I want to leave and am trying. I would like to stay with the same company just a different account..so I am waiting patiently for something to open up. Even if I were to “downgrade”, I would accept it. The chances of growing in another account may be a lot better than here. Here there is 0..and management isn’t helping that. IMO – I think the job you have now is perfect for you. It is a constant challenge..that is rare to find. I am pretty positive that you are “good enough”. I think she might have said something if she wasn’t happy with what you are doing – but you are right – feedback helps! I am sure she would be open to providing some if you express that to her. Sounds like she is pretty awesome Smile Are you hiring? LOL. NICE MILES! We were mileage twins Smile Never heard that about the joints and pregnancy. Interesting.

Laura – Laura, I am so sorry. I know what its like to have a lack of challenge at a job and it sucks when an opportunity is taken away Sad You need to have an awesome date night tonight! Hang in there. HUGS.

Tessa – Uhm, the rest of the MALES on our “team” got the other projects. Isn’t that interesting? Some of the engineers onsite told me yesterday that when they are talking to MAMMEL and I walk by – he stops the conversation to watch me walk by. That is disgusting. But then makes me think he only wants me around to sit here and “look pretty” (which I disagree with that statement but you get my drift). Makes me uncomfortable and feel like I am worthless in a way. Nice lunchtime miles yesterday! First day of school? You mean since winter break? LOL Team Tofu -HAHAHA

Run4kupcakes – Did you get off for ice today? Schools here are closed.

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Morning!  Warmer today. Poured buckets yesterday, this morning it was in the upper 50s.  Shorts and t-shirt weather! 5 miles was not too bad.

Lizzie--our office closes if the schools close for bad weather.  Ugh on mammel.  I hope you are keeping a "mammel file" in case you need it.

I have a 6 hour webinar today. Plan to shut my door and knit. Wink I actually pay attention well like that.

Sandy--I put on a visor or knit hat uner my headlamp. Visor works better. This morning I was clicking along and then realized there was this light near me....what was it?????  It was my headlamp stupid.  Wake up!!

Have a great day!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, 2 hour delay this morning, so taking my sweet time. Usually for 2 hour delays I come in an hour late--there is a window between the normal rush hour and the school delay, so it makes my commute super easy. Sidewalks are a sheet of ice. Looking at my deck in the direct sun, it is melting quick once the sun gets on it. Hope you get good news on the contract for HCBF's job.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Crazysue, the knitting can actually help you focus. As a knitter, I can attest to that. 

Lizzie, I am thinking good thoughts for both you and HCBF's jobs. Oh and about the Mammel thing, the women are looked upon as the decorations on the golf course. 

Monday I ran at home for 35 minutes.

Today DC and I are going out for errands but also to the gym. The temps finally went up to freezing. They have been awful and it’s been icy.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning, all I have to say about it is at least the sun is shining and it's not Monday LOL

Lizzie - thanks, Girl  , your words mean a lot!  I am hoping things around here change for the better, and soon.  That is so frustrating about MAMMEL and how he treats you, what a pig.  I will cross fingers that he is out of there soon, like maybe someone will notice he's an idiot?  NIce job on the run this morning, ice is the worst.  Glad you got the TM as back up!  Hoping HCBF gets some good news on the job.

Sue - yeah for nice running weather!  Bleh on the webinar but glad you can get some knitting done as well!

Kupcakes - be safe on the icy roads!

Judy - have a good gym day!

Just 2 TM miles this am and abs.  I decided to sleep in a bit this morning.

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Tired this morning. I plan to run a few easy miles then go to OTF for the first time in ages. I find that if I don't run first I can't get my HR up during OTF, which is kind of what the whole thing is based on.

Two nights ago a heavy storm came through and Riley, who has never been bothered by storms or fireworks or loud noises, started shaking and got in my lap and was miserable. We figured maybe he was in a room with dogs that get nervous when fireworks went off on NYE when he was in the kennel. He eventually calmed down, but then last night started shaking really bad again. We googled, probably just anxiety, but there were other things it could be and there were no loud noises or anything last night. He got pretty bad, so we took him to the emergency vet, where they checked him out and did bloodwork and sent him home with a prescription for trazadone. I'm like "oh, that's a good one, I was on that for awhile" and DH was just shaking his head. Need to submit the paperwork to pet insurance this morning, but I think it's just under the deductible. I'll submit anyway in case it continues - it's a lifetime deductible per condition.

Sandy, cool on the headlamp. I have had one for awhile but never wore it, always just carried a little flashlight or something like that. I finally wore it on one of our Saturday morning runs a few weeks ago and I loved it - who knew? Apparently everyone except you and me, I guess.

Laura, that's a bummer on the job. Sorry it didn't work out.

Kilmisters, something tells me you're harder on yourself than any boss could ever be. It sounds like you are thriving in the new job and it's a great atmosphere for you. Positive feedback would be nice, but I wouldn't worry if you don't get a lot of it.

Cathy, I read a local article about your guy starting at the back the other day and thought of you. The half and full do start together, but if he starts at the back and I start in the A corral, I'll have probably 1/2 hour head start. And then the half and full split just after mile 7. Rough math in my head says if I'm running at all decent I should be past the split before he passes. He will see a lot of Beef jerseys though, this is probably one of their most popular races.

Tessa, I had to google that tick as I had not heard anything about it. Ticks are probably my biggest phobia. Yeah, the Beef Team is probably more popular here than in a lot of places, although I think most states have a team of some sort. Well, any state that has people raising cattle. So maybe not Delaware, or a few others. I've never gotten a bad comment on it (even outside of TX), but just like I would never say anything about a no-meat athlete shirt, I don't think most people would say anything about beef. One girl here I met on the Beef Team is a vegetarian, but she likes the race reimbursements. Bummer on not being able to WFH today. But hooray for the rain out there!

Margaret, I'll have my 80 km today (I think I'm at 76). Silly how that does motivate you. I hope the prize is good - I mean, I would have run the same mileage with out it, but I think Cathy and HCK would be giving me the virtual stinkeye for getting them outside so much in their crappy weather!

Liz, I am crossing my fingers and toes that the presentation goes well and HCBF can get his butt back to RVA full time! Mammal is pissing me off.....he should not be in a position of power and he should not be able to do the things he does.

Susan, we're back to shorts and t-shirts too. Until Thursday night, when the bottom drops out again. It won't be as cold as the weather when we were gone last week, but marathon morning will be awesome.

HCK, makes sense on the commute, as long as the roads clear in time for your in-between time. Today is the first day back for our schools, seems really late.

Okay, better get a move on if I'm going to get this run in before OTF. Later, all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Gatsby – wowzers, look at you running almost 7 the day after your 15miler??  Your birds are so interesting to me!  So, I have another dumb question – do they know to go in their cage to use the bathroom??  And OMG that is another funny picture!  Keep ‘em coming – they make me LAUGH!

Elina – yep, yep, Minneapolis is the host for the Super Bowl so all sorts of preparations taking place.  Oh no on the branch mishap!  Sounds like you need a headlamp!  Yes, the melt and refreeze is the WORST.  Lack of feedback is HARD.  I mean, I generally don’t need much but SOME can be helpful.  I cannot even tell you the last time I had a 1:1.  Sounds like  you have a GREAT relationship with your boss and smart of you to bring it up.  Awesome run yesterday!!

Tessa – glad you are getting rain!  Oh dear on the headphone dude singing along.  2.5 hour commute??  OMG, I would crumble up and die.  REALLY hope today is better if you can’t WFH!!

HCK – yikes on the ice but hooray for early release.  I saw something on the national news about the rough shape of Baltimore schools and thought of you.

Damaris – YOU are considering long sleeves, gloves and capris??  GASP!!  Ha ha – kidding!!  Awesome marathon weather forecast.  Sure hope you are recovered enough to just KILL it!!

Laura – woohoo for getting outside yesterday!!  It makes SUCH a difference!!

Lizzie – mmmmmmmmm tequila.  The one hard liquor I kinda like!!  Not sure about in coffee, though LOL.  Oh, man, rough morning with all that monkeying around.  I’m surprised you still managed to get to work on time!  Awesome run and happy you avoided slipping and sliding.  GREAT news about HCBFs company!!  Fingers crossed for you guys!!  Mammel is a complete moron.  I would keep EVERYTHING.  I think you sometimes get to speak with his superiors?  Any opportunity to bring your concerns to them?  Yep, I wear the headlamp over a winter hat.  Most people pronate slightly – a good running store will be able to analyze your gait just by walking across the room.  Coincidentally, I stumbled upon this article yesterday which explains it all pretty well, I thought https://www.runnersworld.com/pronation  Yeah, St. Paul Winter Carnival is a yearly thing.  It started in 1886 and is supposedly the oldest winter festival in the US (doubt there are many winter festivals but whatever LOL).  There’s a whole legend around it as well – King Boreas always is overthrown by the Vulcans which means spring is coming.  Oh the things we do to get through the winter haha  And, the ice palace is free.  Kinda fun to have a bird’s eye view from the office!!

Sue – nice 5 mi!  6 hour webinar??  Oh my – that sounds painful.  Glad you get to knit while watching!!  Yep, been wearing my headlamp over my winter knit hat and was thinking that a visor would work as well.  LOL on not knowing where the light was coming from.  Hey, It was early!!

Judy – stay safe out there with the ice!!

Karen – awwww poor Riley!!  Hope the meds help.  LOL – but, hey, now we BOTH know how awesome the headlamp is!  Super pumped for your half – I forget – are you racing it?

7 mi for me in 30* yip yip!  4 of those miles were with a fasty.  Oh boy is gramma outta shape!  But, then again, I’ve run more miles in the last three days than I have in any single week in the last 7ish.  And I will run 5 more tomorrow before the big snow storm and sub zero temps.  Blerg.  So, I’m kinda sorta looking for a half marathon on Feb 24/25 in a somewhat warmer location – well, warmer than MN.  Any suggestions?

Arimathea

Tessa

Maybe not tequila in the coffee, Liz, I'm not sure how good they'd taste together.

I have a story about someone inadvertently making coffee with vodka rather than water, apparently that didn't work too well either. His 20 something daughter was out of town for the weekend, he went into her room for some reason, saw all these mostly empty water bottles, tsked at her, collected the bottles, combined them into one bottle of water, and decided he didn't want to drink it but if he used it for coffee any germs should be killed and the water wouldn't be wasted. Poured it into the coffee maker, set it going, made the coffee, took a sip, and did a spectacular spit take across the kitchen. Those mostly empty water bottles were where Katie was using the "hide in plain sight" method of concealing her stash of vodka.

Liz, fingers crossed HCBF gets transferred back, and keep documenting Mammel's behavior. That is not right.

Susan, have fun with the 6 hour webinar. I would be knitting too! And giggling at you startling yourself with your headlamp.

Kupcakes, hope the ice had melted by the time you left. Sensible to delay an hour rather than two.

Laura, at least they know you are interested in taking on new responsibilities and moving up.

Judy, glad you are not out running on the ice. Having options is a good thing.

Karen, I hope nobody would be rude about Team Beef, but some people are intrusive and obnoxious. Poor Riley on the anxiety!

Today: 6 in a heavier rain. RN and I did 4 together, then she headed off to get ready for work and I did a couple more miles around the subdivision. Not a bad run, it's not that cold, but windy as well as rainy. We passed Greyhound Lady, who did not have her dogs with her this morning, but was bundled up in a yellow slicker and pants that would have suited a New England fisherman. She does not care for inclement weather and wears sweats even in a California summer. We know it's very hot when GL switches to capris. Longer run because I am working from home today. The traffic map already looks like a couple of old pop songs: "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree" and "Scarlet Ribbons". With accents of red squares where people have proven this morning that two solid objects, such as two cars, a car and a big rig, or a car and a guardrail, cannot occupy the same point in space simultaneously.

I may try for a second run later, but that depends on the weather.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Too bad days to not start with a V to make them Vodka Days. Although Fridays are called Viernes in Spanish, so...

Morning! Back at the office and feeling better, expect for my sinuses which could be the weather.  I have Pilates, weights, and 0-3 miles. As of right now, I feel like I'll run tonight.

Lizzie, good luck to BF and nice run!

Susan, it's pouring here today.  Nice run.

HCK, I can see how a school delay might help traffic.  It took me a full hour to make it here and my commute is a mere 14 miles.

Judy, stay in one piece with all the ice around.

Laura, word.  Mondays should be called Suckdays.

Karen, enjoy OTF!

Sandy, not all at once, but yeah.  But for the feels like 30-42F I am seeing in weather.gov, I should be fine with my tank and arm warmers.  But I need to keep my options open if it gets any colder. Nice 7!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tessa, the taste of that coffee must have been something!

Did I share my ugly pics from the race?  OMG, I deleted so many already but this one takes the cake.  How I really felt:

But give me a margarita and my mood improves:

Damaris

ginnyb

Sad news....we are losing our remaining dog, Beau.  He has liver failure.  Took him to the vet last week and he was doing pretty well, brought him home on Saturday and he has gone downhill...DH will take him to vet today, but not expecting a good outcome.  These darn animals.  DH and I have decided not get another dog until we are like 80 and then maybe the dog will outlive us!  I am sad for Beau, but more sad for DH, there were really attached, DH would take them for hours of walks in the good weather, practically everyone in town knew DH and his dogs.

Today is our 47th wedding anniversary too, not the best of days.

Bacn and Shoulders with trainer today.  why do shoulders burn so badly?  No matter how many times we do shoulders, they still hurt!

Weather is taking an upturn....temps in the 30's feel pretty balmy right about now, but still too much ice around for me to run outside.

Oh Damaris.....that picture says it all!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Tequila, eh?    Warm this morning, but the warmer weather did create some slippery spots.  My foot is a little sore, but I would like to get out sometime in the next couple of days.  Thursday looks like a bad day, starting in the high 40's in the morning with rain but the temps are supposed to drop into the teens, so it will turn into sleet and ice.  Sounds like a mess in the making!

Lizzie, nice 8!  Hope the roads clear up for you!  I may have to get my Trax out for this weekend.  We have the issue that once we get a lot of snow and it warms up, the ground is still frozen so the melting snow just pools and doesn't clear.  Then it may get cold enough to freeze again and it just all turns to ice.  That is good news about HCBF's job!  I'm hoping it works out!!  I pronate slightly, though looking at some race pics, it looks like I pronate a lot.    I have read that neutral shoes are best for those that get PF.  Haha, yeah, I forgot about the TM and your bathroom issues.  Definitely a plus.     I am on call about once a week M-TH, and then we rotate the weekends and holidays.  Weekends were are on call from Friday night until Monday morning.  There are currently 6 of us in the rotation, though that may drop to 5 mid-year.

Sue, sounds like nice weather!  Haha, hope you get some knitting done.  

Laura, sorry about the job situation.  Sucks that there is nothing they can do for you.  I didn't realize that yesterday was a rest day in the ab challenge.  It's the first time that we've had rest days in the challenge!    Some people post when they complete the challenge for the day, but don't feel obligated.  

Karen, aww, I hope Riley is better!  I figured Houston was a pretty big race!  And that this is a big race for Team Beef.  

Sandy, 1:1's, I have one scheduled with my boss every couple of weeks.  Half the time they are cancelled (by him).  He is in the UK also, so I rarely actually see him.     The headlight sounds nice.  I have one that clips onto the visor of a cap.  Of course, winter is not really the time for wearing a cap, unless it is over another hat.    Reflective stuff you put on your skin?  Sounds like the kind of thing people would drive right up to you to see because they don't know what it is.    Nice miles!   We tried a week long on-call rotation once, it didn't last long.  Even if you don't get called that's a long time to be on call!  This ice palace sounds interesting.  You will have to post a pic when it is done!

Tessa, interesting story about making coffee with vodka.  Ha.  I'm glad you got some rain!  

Damaris, glad you are feeling better!  Yes, that first picture does say it all.

Ginny, I am sorry about Beau.  Happy Anniversary, though.

Margaret, your birds are pretty cute!  My nephew had a parakeet that they let fly loose around the house.  It kind of freaked me out when he was swooping around.  

Cathy

Oh Ginny, I’m really sorry about Beau.  Sounds like a wonderful companion.

Damaris, thanks for sharing the pics. At least they didn’t take a pic of you barfing. You always look splendid in your InB.

Waves to everyone else, on the train into work. Will try to BBL.

MTA: uh oh train is stopped, medical emergency.  So I will resume with personals.

Seloc, the Macaw is Danielle, she’s a rescue bird. The African Greys are Wolfgang (who is actually female) and Gatsby (we don’t know is he’s a he or she).  They and DH are my family.

Turtles, we usually put the birds in their cages when other people are around.  Not everyone want a parrot landing on their head, for some reason!

Ok train us moving again, gotta hang on. Bye!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, best thoughts to HCBF and returning to RVA to work!!!!  Mammel is an idiot.  I hope the weather holds for your run tomorrow.  
                                I over pronate significantly.  My knees sometime rub andI kick the inside of my right ankle.  You can see the wear on my shoe where I kick it.  I wear stability shoes to help.  I used to do Motion Control, but they stopped making my shoes, so I switched to Stability and seem to be fine.  I tried neutral, mistake.

Sue, glad it warmed up and no rain for your run.

HCK, even though it is only an hour you go in late, isn't it nice!

Judy, hope the errands aren't too annoying.

Laura, sorry about the job.  Sad

Karen, sorry about Riley.  It is a common issue.  At least you got some meds to help.  Only a few days left!  Are your disciples excited for the race?  Best to them, and you of course.  Smile

Sandy, come to AZ, there are still openings for the half at Antelope Canyon!!  It is that weekend.  Cmon girl, join us!!!  Fly into Vegas or Phoenix and drive - 4-ish hours.  I'm going Fri-Mon...  Just saying...

Tessa, funny about the vodka bottle/coffee.  Blech on the combo.  Good luck with a run later.

Damaris, glad you are feeling mostly better.  Gonna buy those photos??  Hah.

Ginny, so sorry about Beau.  It is so hard to lose them, they are a huge part of us.  You will know when the time is right for another pet.  They often find us when we least expect it.  Happy Anniversary.

Cathy, eek on the ice.

Margaret, agreed, keep the cute bird photos coming!  I didn't realize you had 3 birds.

UGH, I am still SO sore.  That is what I get for doing a pretty challenging hilly/rocky 25K with minimal/zero training.  I went for a very short walk yesterday (to the outlet mall, oops...) and it wasn't fun.  Shopping wasn't that much fun either, I found NOTHING!  Well, a few things I was interested in, but self control (who me?) won out and I went home empty handed.  Tomorrow I will go out for a real walk, doubtful on running, but ya never know.  It is supposed to be in the low 70's again.

Nothing else, work shortly.  Have a good Tuesday all.  No tequila for this girl.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024